• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 6,200 Views, 188 Comments

The Curse of Discord - Creative Charmer



After defeating a chaos-causing cloud, Twilight starts undergoing strange and chaotic changes...

  • ...
17
 188
 6,200

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: A Chaotic Clash 5/7

With three of her friends out of commission for the time being, Twilight pondered on who out of her present quarry would be most suitable as her next victim. Since Rainbow Dash was her previous choice, she chose against following up with the next obvious pony which was Applejack, and still desired not tormenting the other obvious pony, which was Fluttershy. It was apparent that the best choice left to make would be the one non-pony in her presence: Spike, who was trembling profusely as Twilight stepped towards the timorous terleugg.

"Well, well, Spike. How are we doing today?"

"Well, right now; not so great."

"Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that. Lucky for you, I have just the remedy," Twilight moved her left arm to the right, about to produce some horrible act upon Spike, who was frozen with fear and could not move. But, before a blow could be struck, Twilight's actions were halted by the booming voice of Celestia which resonated throughout the throne room with the magnitude of a roaring thunderclap.

"This has been quite enough!!" Glaring light emanated from behind Celestia with such intensity that the previously distrait and/or muddled Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash were abruptly clouted from their disorderly states and back to the realm of reality, in turn reacting to the light given off by Celestia by shielding their faces from her onslaught of illumination. Even Twilight was momentarily incapacitated at the initial dissemination of Celestia's prowess. The fury of the alicorn had been unleashed, and Twilight about to bear the full brunt of the princess of the sun.

"It does not matter if you are Twilight Sparkle!" Celestia vociferated, her booming tone reverberating against the partitions and contiguous corridors that lie beyond the throne room. "I will not stand idly by while you treat innocent Equestrians so abysmally!" Celestia rose into the air as her speech progressed. "You are no longer Twilight Sparkle! You are a being of foul and wretched intent, and the deplorable actions begat by your demented psyche will not go unpunished! Your power is great; I cannot deny this. And I myself may not be seen as a sizable threat to one as powerful as yourself, nor does any other in this room."

"Hey!"

"But I can, with the utmost conviction, affirm to you that I am no pony to be taken lightly. No matter how great your strength or extensive your abilities, I will not falter in my duty to safeguard my fellow Equestrians, for if to defend them I must, then defend them I will!"

Though her mien was staggered through an exterior aspect initially, Twilight took little time to retract her startled appearance for a haughty smirk. "You know, I was wondering when the so-called 'defender of Equestria' would finally step forward to defend her people as she so claims to do and as so many would expect of her," Twilight leaned partway towards Celestia. "It's really quite embarrassing when you think about it," she spoke in a half-loud whisper.

Celestia did not even hesitate. In her rage, the alicorn pooled together her powers of the sun, and in one concentrated blast, discharged an immensely potent beam directly at the still supercilious Twilight Sparkle.

Being as unintimidated as she was, Twilight merely outstretched her arm with the palm facing the oncoming blast, and on the following collision, blocked the attack in its entirety, with the shock wave being deflected to the sides, with not one particle of the strike coming into contact with the form of the dexterous draconicorn. Adding insult to injury, Twilight proceeded to magic up a pair of sunglasses and place them on, afterwards saying, "My, is it bright in here, or is it just me?"

Even though Twilight was halting Celestia's assault with ease, the princess did not relent in her efforts to subdue the virulent pony. She held her beam in its continuous level of power for as long as she was able, while Twilight was simply standing by, looking rather stultified with Celestia's feeble attempts to defeat her. It was then that Twilight decided that this one-sided duel had taken enough time out of her day. She was a busy little bringer of chaos, and now was the time to bring that very chaos to the princess of the sun.

"Say, Celestia: haven't you heard? Staring at bright light is bad for ponies. Can't you see your friends aren't too fond of your overblown light show?" Twilight motioned her hand to the ponies and Spike in the throne room, who were all immobilized from the dispersed glare emanating from Celestia's offensive. But even after her words of wisdom, Celestia remained unwavering in her attack, not letting up by even the slightest degree.

Seeing that she had yet to subside, Twilight knew it was time for a visual aid, "Well, if you don't believe me, then why don't you see for yourself!"

On that note, Twilight reared back her arm, and unlike before where she was only blocking it, this time she was actually absorbing the power Celestia was bombarding her with. With the amount of power situated in her palm increasing, Twilight added a bit of her own "zing" to the mix, intensifying the luminosity of the magical energy to a dangerously high magnitude. It took little time for Celestia to notice what the draconicorn was up to, and, not wanting to impart any more of her power to the mad pony, Celestia cut off her attack. Unfortunately, this did not stop Twilight. She absorbed the remaining traces of Celestia's magic into her scaly hand, and in one short thrust, rebounded the collective energy, sending a blinding ray straight back at Princess Celestia!

The princess hadn't even the shortest of time to avoid the attack. In what seemed like an instant, a searing pain disseminated across Celestia's visage. The severe sensation felt like the exhalation of a dragon's fiery breath being propelled against her entire face, along with what felt like the blinding rays of a thousand suns thrusting directly into her retinas. The ferocity of this offensive strike was so agonizing for Princess Celestia that she plummeted out of the air, screaming in torment all the way down to her throne. The princess rammed hard against the base of the throne, subsequently tumbling down the stairs and onto the floor—though, none of that appeared to have bothered the injured sovereign, as she was preoccupied with the intense searing of her face, which she clasped as the pain pierced every modicum of her being, leaving the crippled Celestia sightless and immobile.

As the princess clutched her eyes and shrieked in pain, Twilight removed her sunglasses and gazed downwards at the lame alicorn. "Hmm...or was that just sunlight you weren't supposed to look at? Oh, well," Twilight placed her sunglasses away in a pocket she conjured up on her side. She then clapped her hands together as she turned to face the ponies and Spike, rubbing her palms in relishing anticipation. "Now—where was I?"

PreviousChapters Next