• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 6,200 Views, 188 Comments

The Curse of Discord - Creative Charmer



After defeating a chaos-causing cloud, Twilight starts undergoing strange and chaotic changes...

  • ...
17
 188
 6,200

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Some Much Needed Clarification 3/5

"Yes...it worked...it finally worked!" Discord shouted to the heavens. "My essence has taken hold of my power in the cloud! It now has all the magic it will need to spread glorious chaos to the entire world!!" Discord laughed more maniacally than ever before; even falling to the ground again as he did so(though this time he didn't forget what he was doing once finished).

Once back on his feet, Discord felt that before sending his creation out to disseminate pandemonium to all corners of the world, he should give it a test to make sure it will perform exactly in the manner Discord had envisioned. Discord scanned the surrounding area for suitable subjects for the cloud's first test run.

Discord's attention was caught by the most evident object that was situated nearby: an old, barren tree, which clearly had seen the end of its days long ago. Discord was a tad perturbed there wasn't something more suitable to use, but beggars can't be choosers.

Discord promptly ordered his creation to use its powers on the lifeless oak, and to make it good, as Discord did not want his name tarnished by substandard causations of chaos. The cloud responded quickly to its creator's command, charging up one of its dark energy lightning bolts and firing it directly at the departed plant. With a brilliant flash of dark energy, the spell's work had been carried out, and the tree began its metamorphosis. The many branches of the tree shifted; amalgamating themselves together in five separate groups. As this occurred, the trunk of the tree rapidly extended straight up into the sky, reaching an elevation five times higher than in its previous form. The five bundle of branches had finished their integration, and thusly the entire process was complete: the previously deceased pile of rotten wood had transformed into a not-so-dead-anymore giant arm! Discord was astonished at his cloud's handiwork; even he himself had never conceived such an idea! But, the demonstration had yet to conclude.

The colossal hand bent down towards the ground and took hold of the earth beneath it. The ligneous limb began to pull vigorously—not with its hand, but with the opposite end. The newly-armed tree was not entirely changed—the bottom of its trunk still retained tree-like qualities, by means of the myriad of roots embedded deep in the rock and soil. This fixture proved to be a crutch for the arboreal appendage, impeding its ability to roam further than its current situation. The tree exerted itself more and more, with some of the roots snapping from their bonds whilst others were pulled completely from the dirt. Finally, the tree gave a final, powerful tug, and yanked the rest of its body from the ground, finally free.

Now that the transformed timber was no longer tethered to the earth, it could move anywhere of its own accord. The tree did so by grabbing the ground with its hand, then moving its behind forward, allowing it to crawl across the ground like a caterpillar across the branch of a tree in springtime. So, the tree-arm continued on its journey; crawling away from the site of its transformation towards a life of freaking out anypony it would come across(since who wouldn't be freaked out by a giant, wooden arm?)

Needless to say, Discord was delighted by the exhibition of his cloud's abilities. Its performance well exceeded Discord's expectations, and showed truly that the spirit of the lord of chaos resonated deeply within its billowy form.

"That was certainly quite the spectacle," Discord proclaimed to his creation. "You have proven yourself to be a bona fide bringer of chaos, and I couldn't be more proud," Discord said as he wiped a tear from his eye using a handkerchief pulled from his wrist. The cloud responded with several sounds of booming thunder, as it evidently could not speak; but Discord understood all the same.

"Anyhoo, now is the time for you to fulfill your duty; go out, my creation, and purvey your newfound power throughout every last city, town, or settlement that lie across the entirety of this world! Go now! And make them all know the name of Discord: the master of all chaos!!!" Discord laughed his most depraved laugh yet as he released bolts of dark magic from his palms. The dark lightning streaked up into the sky, cracking through the air as if coming off a storm of black magic! As Discord continued the display of his prowess, his opus drifted away; starting on its journey to travel the world and inflict any and all manner of disarray and anarchy upon all who cross its path!

Discord watched the cloud float until out of sight. The lord of chaos was quite pleased with all that he had accomplished that day: Creating a new way to disseminate his form of turpitude across all lands and races in the world? Not many others can say they did that during their day! Discord chuckled at the thought, then returned to his throne, which towered over the checkerboard plains, which sits between the field of foul-smelling flowers and the recently formed river of salt. The draconequus sat himself down, feeling comfortable and content with himself. Discord observed at the surrounding area of Equestria, looking upon all the nearby ponies feeling pain, misery, sadness, and fear due to the various chaotic works Discord produced for himself and them(mostly for him, though). Just the thought that the rest of the world would eventually be just as Equestria currently was made Discord feel absolutely giddy.

Feeling he had put in a good day and/or night's work, Discord decided he had earned himself a good day and/or night's sleep, so the draconequus prepared for his rest by first conjuring up a lever on the side of his throne, pulling it back, and moving his throne backwards into a reclining position(with a part for his legs lifting up in front of the throne simultaneously). Discord then laid back his head and drifted off into a peaceful slumber; the only time when this draconequus would ever be shown in even the slightest state of harmony, as was shown by the drop in chaotic activity upon his going to sleep. This was also the only time anypony could take a rest themselves, and made sure to take advantage of it before the lord of chaos returned to his conscious state.

As the ponies of Equestria moved out to enjoy what little time they had before Discord awakened, the cloud carrying Discord's powers and essence drifted towards Equestria's eastern ocean: ready, willing, and able to engender all the disharmony that it was capable of...

But, that is not where the story ends for Discord's superlative creation...

PreviousChapters Next