• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 6,200 Views, 188 Comments

The Curse of Discord - Creative Charmer



After defeating a chaos-causing cloud, Twilight starts undergoing strange and chaotic changes...

  • ...
17
 188
 6,200

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: Several Stops Along the Way 6/10

After only a very small amount of time, Twilight had come upon the water source she needed: the Ponyville water tower.

"This looks like an adequate source of water," she remarked, and without a second though, she pointed her hoof at the left side of the tower's base, which began to creak and splinter, this the support beams getting weaker by the second.

While she was performing this heinous act, her friends had not budged an inch since they became so shocked, but then Spike suddenly broke the silence.

"I...I can't believe it! I really thought that was going to work!" he stated in distress.

"Yes, I thought so, too," Fluttershy added, sounding a bit distraught herself. "Oh, dear..."

"It really did seem that Twilight had been able to regain control of herself, but she was merely toying with us," Rarity affirmed, just as downtrodden as the others.

"Yeah..." Applejack said disconsolately as she slumped down on the ground. "Ah was so sure that we had gotten through tuh her...but that evil inside her is just too strong..."

Twilight had both hooves pointed at the structure now, and it was then from her use of magic that the water tower finally gave away as the support beams on its left side snapped at the bottom, causing the tower to collapse onto its side and the container on top to also plummet down and crash onto the ground. The force from this collision caused the water inside to come bursting out of the top of the container like a shaken up can of soda, blasting a new, albeit smaller, flood into Ponyville, increasing the intensity of mayhem and fear already brought about by Twilight's nefarious plot. "It may not be too much more, but I think it'll do," Twilight stated as she levitated herself up higher to oversee her new wave of bedlam.

"Hey now!" Rainbow Dash barked in response to Applejack's deprivation of self-assurance. "We can't just tell ourselves that Twilight's been totally taken by that evil mind controlling her! Just because the evil Twilight was messing with us before doesn't mean we should just quit trying to save our friend!"

"What else could we do?" a disheartened Applejack inquired.

"Well, we tried doing things your way, Applejack. But since we know that talking won't get our friend back, there's only one thing left to try."

"Asking politely?" Fluttershy suggested.

"No—force!" she proclaimed vehemently as she pounded one of her hooves into her other hoof. There was a unified gasp amongst her friends in response to this. "It's obvious that's the only thing thisTwilight understands! So, I think it's time to speak her language and let her know that we want out friend back!" she stated, unwavering in this decision.

"Can that really be done?"

"How could we force our friend back to normal?"

"Yeah! I don't have any cake to use this time!"

"Simple—like this!" And on that word, Rainbow dashed off towards Twilight in the blink of an eye.

Twilight was very much enjoying the destruction she was wreaking upon Ponyville, which was clear from her continuous evil chortling. But, unfortunately for Twilight, because her attention was set wholly on the chaos spreading throughout Ponyville, she did not immediately take notice of the blue pegasus flying at her with high velocity. But soon enough, Twilight did sense something coming. Not sure what it was, she turned in the direction of what she was sensing, and all she had time to see what something light blue and lightning fast coming straight at her.

Rainbow Dash rammed into Twilight, hard—forcing her right out of the sky. Twilight, who had been entirely unsuspecting of this sudden assault, was unable to do a thing to keep herself from falling down towards the ground, as her mind seemed to lock from the shock of the impact. Twilight continued to plummet towards the ground at a 45 degree angle, and at the same time, Rainbow Dash had flown herself away from Twilight and was attempting to slow down after the exceedingly high rate of acceleration she had been going. After she had finally stopped herself, Rainbow looked around for Twilight and saw how rapidly she was falling down through the sky. "Uh-oh. I think I might have gotten carried away..." Even after the realization of her error in judgment, there was nothing Rainbow Dash could do to stop or even slow down her friend from falling, and just as Twilight was about to impact the ground, Rainbow turned and covered her eyes so as to avert her gaze from the imminent disaster.

Twilight crashed headfirst into the muddy ground(which had previously been affected by the flood), splattering a great deal of muck and water from the initial impact. Because of the speed and force of the collision, Twilight continued skidding headfirst along the ground, spraying more mud around the landscape as she slewed through Ponyville. After several seconds of plowing through the ground, Twilight began to slow down, and she at last came to a stop, with the front half of her body still embedded in the ground, and the back half flopping up into the air before collapsing onto the ground.

Rainbow Dash led the others to where Twilight had stopped, and they were all horrified by this disastrous crash landing. Applejack soon changed from horror-struck to irate as she turned towards Rainbow Dash.

"Now look what yah've done!" she angrily exclaimed.

"What I've done??"

"Yeah! You made Twilight crash right smack into the ground! What in tarnation were yah thinkin'??"

"Hey, at least I stopped her! You didn't even want to try to do anything to help Twilight! If I hadn't done anything, she would have completely demolished Ponyville!"

"Well, I still don't think yah needed tuh be so rough in tryin' to stop 'er!"

"I told you before that force is the only thing she would understand now! And it sure looks like I was right!"

"Oh, like hay yah are!"

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were right up in each other's faces, but suddenly they were pushed apart by an aggravated Rarity.

"Stop at once, you two!" she exclaimed irately. "Now is the least appropriate time for bickering such as this!" Rainbow and Applejack didn't say another word, but they did both shut their eyes and turn their backs to each other. "You both need to remember that we all need to work together more than ever in order to help save our friend! Don't let silly little squabbles about who thinks who is right get in the way of what's really important!" Applejack and Rainbow Dash both opened their eyes and tilted their heads back a bit towards Rarity, now more attentive to what she was saying. "What's done is done, and that cannot be changed. All that we can do now is whatever is necessary to make sure Twilight remains as her normal self until we get to Canterlot."

"That is if she is her normal self now," said Rainbow Dash as she walked over to Rarity.

"Yeah," added Applejack, who did the same. "We still don't know if that crash knocked all the evil outta her."

"Well, it looks like we're about to find out now!" Pinkie stated, which made everyone look over at her. "Look!" she pointed to where Twilight had crashed, as the back of Twilight's body had slowly began to stand up, albeit wobbling a bit, showing the disorientation she received from her ruinous collision with the terrain. Everyone promptly gathered around Twilight, but still kept their distance as they were all still unsure as to how Twilight's mental state was. Twilight continued to haul her body out from deep within the mound of muck. She was able to extract her front legs from the mire, but her head was still stuck well. She then placed her front hooves on the mud heap and pushed against the pile with all her strength to remove her cranium and finally be free of the accursed mass of dirty ooze. Then, after a short time of constant pulling, Twilight had at last hauled her head out of the mud, now completely liberated—well, not actually completely.

Even though her head was freed, a great conglomeration of the mud had stuck to Twilight's face, wholly obscuring her appearance from everybody around her. Twilight quickly remedied this predicament, as she promptly shook her head, flinging the mud off and away from her face, albeit her appearance still retaining a bit of messiness from the few splotches of filth that were unable to be removed from her facial exterior so effortlessly. Once the mud in its near entirety had been removed, everyone could now plainly see Twilight's face, and once the unicorn had opened her eyes, a great sense of relief swept through her friends in seeing that Twilight had returned to her normal self once more! But, even though Twilight was currently not being controlled by her evil self, all was not fully well in the addled unicorn's mind and body.

"Oww..." Twilight groaned as she felt her head. "What hit me?"

"Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie Pie answered as she pointed over to Rainbow Dash.

"Whaa...?" Twilight rubbed her eyes with her hoof, as her vision was quite blurry. "What's going on?" Twilight was considerably befuddled at this time, not understanding what was happening, having retained none or very little memory of her being assaulted by Rainbow Dash or the events that transpired previously, due to Twilight's fall from extreme height and immense crash into the terrain.

"Just relax, Twilight," Applejack told her reassuringly. "Everything's goin' tuh be fine"

"Yes, there's no need for you to worry."

"What? Why? What's happen—oh my gosh!" Suddenly and instantaneously, all of the evil acts Twilight had performed as her other self resurfaced in her memory. With so much having come to her all at once, Twilight could not believe she had truly executed such turmoil upon Ponyville. Twilight then hurriedly rubbed her eyes and face, and soon afterwards, her vision shifted back to normal, and she could now see with her very own eyes what was happening to Ponyville, and sure enough, Twilight was more aghast than ever before at what she beheld. The flooding she had caused before was still rampant in Ponyville, with confused and frightened ponies fleeing any which way to avoid this disaster. This assailment ravaging her town was much more than Twilight could take, slumping down on her behind as her eyes welled up with tears. "Oh, no...what have I done??" she cried into her hooves as she clasped her face, feeling dreadfully distraught over all that she had elicited. Twilight's woe was so overt, her friends began to look dismayed themselves, feeling sympathy for their friend who felt so penitent for the actions that she never intentionally caused. As none of this could be helped or changed, Twilight's friends knew that all that could be done for now was to take their distressed friend away from this disastrous sight, so she at least would not have to be subject to the horrific sight of what she truly believed to be liable for.

"Come on, Twilight. There's no need for you to be here any longer," said Rarity as everyone gathered around Twilight to move her away.

"Yeah, let's get a move on," Applejack appended as everyone took Twilight away without haste, though she remained scarred from this tragedy, escalating the condition of her slipshod psyche ever more, which she and all her friends would ultimately see the consequences thereof.

PreviousChapters Next