• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 1,080 Views, 5 Comments

Legend of the Alicorns - Zelda Spectrum



The Elements of Harmony must be found to stop an ancient evil from returning to this world.

  • ...
1
 5
 1,080

Chapter 2

***UNEDITED***

Chapter 2

*********

“Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight found herself in a white room that was completely empty, and yet she could hear voices calling her name.

“Twilight Sparkle, Lady of Magic.”

“Who are you, and how do you know my name?!” Twilight said on the defensive, “Show yourself!”

“Fear not, Lady of Magic,” said another voice, “we do not wish to harm thee, nor are we thy enemy.” Two alicorns suddenly appeared in front of Twilight. One was white with a flowing blue, green, and pink mane and had a sun as her cutie mark. She wore a golden crown and necklace with an amethyst jewel in the center of both. The other was slightly shorter and midnight blue with a dark blue flowing mane and a moon for her cutie mark. She wore a similar crown and necklace, except her crown and her necklace were both jet black with a moon crested on the front of her necklace.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Luna!” Twilight exclaimed as she bowed before the two alicorns. “Am…am I…” she stuttered, “dead?”

“No Twilight Sparkle, you are not dead,” Celestia answered, “Right now, you are only dreaming. We have a very important task for you.”

Luna stepped forward. “As I’m sure thou art aware, Discord’s spirit has been freed and it will not be long before Eris creates a new body for him. Once he has his new body, he will rein chaos on all of Equestria. Thou must find the Elements of Harmony that have been scattered throughout Equestria as well as their wielders and stop Eris from reviving Discord.”

“But, why me?” Twilight asked beginning to doubt herself.

“Do not worry my little pony,” Celestia replied, “You have greater ability than you think. Time will reveal these raw abilities as you journey to collect the Elements. The wielders of Loyalty, Generosity, and Laughter are closer than you think.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked, “Who are they?”

“I wish we could tell you more,” Celestia said, “but it is time for you to wake up.” The two alicorns started to fade away.

“Wait!” Twilight shouted, “I have so many more questions!” But she was unable to stop them; they had completely vanished.

“Good luck Twilight Sparkle,” Celestia’s voice echoed, “the fate of Equestria rests in your hooves.”
-------------------------------------

*********

Twilight awoke in a hospital bed in a nicely decorated room with some medical equipment and some expensive-looking furniture. Twilight groaned as she sat up; she felt a tiny twinge of pain in her back, but she quickly shook it off. “Oh! You’re awake!” a nurse said as she rushed toward Twilight, “Thank goodness, Master Iron Hoof is here as well, he is in the throne room next door checking on the condition of her highness.”

“He is?” Twilight said, “Thank you so much nurse.” She hurried into the throne room where she found not only Iron Hoof, but Rainbow Dash as well as Rarity and Pinkie Pie with the Canterlot soldiers and the Wonderbolts standing at attention.

*********

“Oh, Twilight! You’re awake!” Iron Hoof said, “Are you feeling all right?”

“Yes sir,” Twilight answered, “I’m feeling better.”

“Excellent. Stand at my side, the Royal Ambassador is about to speak.”

A pegasus wearing royal garments stepped out in front of everypony. “I’m afraid it is as you all have heard, a wicked unicorn named Eris has turned her highness to stone. Our royal wizards have tried to free her of this curse, but they have not been successful. We have reason to believe that Celestia’s crown could break this spell, but Eris has shattered the sacred crown. However, we cannot give up hope, does any pony know about the Alicorn Sisters.”

The mention of the sisters quickly brought Twilight’s attention. She was about to speak up when Iron Hoof stated, “Not much beyond the legends say…They are supposed to return if the world falls into chaos and destruction.”

“Um, excuse me sir, if I may…” Twilight said, “I think I might know more about the Alicorn Sister.”

“Hmph, what could a young filly like you possibly know about them?” the ambassador said with a scowl.

“They came to me in a dream,” Twilight said trying not to show even a hint of irritation, “they said I need to find these special elements known as the Elements of Harmony as well as their wielders.” The whole room fell silent with all eyes focused on Twilight. “They said the wielders of Generosity and Loyalty were close by, but I don’t know where.”

Finally, Rarity spoke up. “Oh yes, the Elements of Harmony, they most certainly do exist. No one outside the royal family knows about them. All I know is that there is one said to be hidden in the Everfree Forest near Ponyville.”

“The Everfree Forest?!” Twilight and Rainbow said in unison, shuddering at the mention of the name.

“Well then we must dispatch soldiers to this forest at once.” Said a mysterious voice; a unicorn with a white tux and blonde mane stepped out.

“Blueblood, since when do you get to make the orders around here?” Rarity asked the unicorn in an angry tone.

“Since just a while ago little sister, considering I am now the king.” Blueblood answered with a smirk.

“What?!”

“Sister?” Pinkie Pie suddenly said, “Wow, didn’t see that coming.”

“And where were you during the ceremony?!” Rarity asked getting angrier ignoring Pinkie.

“Hmph, why would I attend something that is not focused on me?” Blueblood asked rhetorically, “Now if I may, I have some troops to dispatch to Everfree.”

“But soldiers will certainly not do!” Rarity said now showing her anger, “You know as well as I do that only the ones chosen by the Alicorn Sisters can find the Elements of Harmony! The soldiers could search for day and find no trace of the Elements!”

“I see…” Iron Hoof pondered, “If that’s the case, I think we should send Twilight Sparkle.”

“What? All by herself?” Rainbow Dash suddenly asked, “Fat chance of that happening; I’m going with her! Besides there’s no telling what awaits in Everfree!”

“I would be delighted if I could be of any service as well,” Rarity stated, “besides, if you run into Eris, I want to be there to settle the score with her.

“I wanna go to!” Pinkie said, “I’ve always wanted to see what’s outside of Canterlot!”

“If you four have recovered, then by all means go.” Blueblood said.

“Take Celestia’s Crown with you as well,” the Royal Ambassador told the four, “maybe you’ll run into someone who knows how to repair the crown. But you must hurry; it will only be a matter of time before Eris fully revives Discord now that his spirit has been freed.”

“Thank you all very much,” Twilight said bowing before the ambassador and Blueblood, “we won’t let you down.”

“Very well, then.” Blueblood said, taking his place on the throne, “I shall dispatch soldiers to search for Eris, as well as find the bearers. That blasted unicorn has turned our mother to stone and I simply cannot let that go unpunished.”
---------------------------------------------

The four started to head to the train station to board the train to Ponyville, which bordered the Everfree Forest. “Deep within the Everfree Forest, there should be an ancient shrine that was used to worship the Alicorn Sisters.” Rarity told the other three, “It would be best if we search for the first element there.”

“Twilight, wait!” the four turned to see Iron Hoof galloping towards them. “Take this with you. This was originally for Lady Platinum, but I think you may have a better use for it on your journey.” He gave her the sword wrapped in a giant cloth.

Twilight un-wrapped the cloth with her telekinesis to reveal a midnight blue sword with sides that looked like wings and a eclipsed sun in the middle and a white shining blade. Along with it wash a bejeweled sheath that would fit comfortably on anypony’s back. The sword started to lightly glow for a few seconds and the suddenly went back to normal.

“It is the Sword of the Alicorns.” Iron Hoof stated, “Hoof-forged from the feathers of the Alicorn Sisters. My ancestors have been in charge of guarding this blade for generations. I thought maybe the sword would be safer with the queen, but it seems I was mistaken. Be very careful you four, and Twilight; should you ever find yourself in danger, do not be afraid to use this sword.”

“Thank you Master Iron Hoof,” Twilight said, “I shall treasure it and bring everypony back in one piece.”

“Oh, and one more thing,” Iron Hoof stated making his way back to where he came, “I have a few special weapons in my shop made especially for the rest of you, no charge. I have some things I need to take care of here in Canterlot, so help yourself to putting them to good use.”
------------------------------------------------

*********
The train ride back to Ponyville was a short quiet one. Once the train stopped at the station, the four started toward Iron Hoof’s forge. They were making their way to the forge when Pinkie Pie stopped the group at the sight of a sweet shop gasping with delight. “I wonder if they have any gingerbread houses inside!” She immediately ran inside leaving the others to wait outside.

“Dag nab it, Caramel! Ah still can’t believe ya lost the keys to the farm again!” The group’s attention was turned to a group of three earth ponies. The first was an orange mare with blonde hair and three apples for her cutie mark wearing a cowboy hat. The next was a golden-brown stallion with brown hair and a caramel apple for his cutie mark. The third was a BIG red stallion with blonde hair and a green apple for his cutie mark.

“I’m sorry Applejack!” the golden-brown pony apologized, “I know it’s around here somewhere. This is the last place I remember having the key to the farm.”

“A key?” Pinkie suddenly said coming out of the sweet shop with a gingerbread house, “here ya go.” She tossed a small key to the three who stared at her completely baffled.

“How did you do that?” Rainbow asked as she, Twilight, and Rarity walked over to her.

“It was on the floor of the entrance and I stepped on it as walked out of the shop.”

“I don’t think we have properly introduced ourselves,” Twilight came out and said to the earth ponies, “My name is Twilight Sparkle…” She was interrupted by the orange cowpony rapidly shaking her hoof.

“Well howdy do Miss Twilight, Ah’m Applejack. We here in the Apple family sure like makin’ new friends.”

“Well actually-y-y-y”

Applejack stopped shaking Twilights hoof “Ah haven’t seen any of y’all in town, what brings ya, to Ponyville?”
Twilights hoof was still shaking from the hoof-shake. Rainbow stooped her foreleg while silently chuckling to herself. After glaring at Rainbow Dash, she turned to answer Applejack’s question. “We are actually on our way to Master Iron Hoof’s forge to pick up some tools he left for us.”

“Yeah, and once we get those, we’re heading to the Everfree Forest to find one of the Elements of Harmony.” Pinkie intervened.

“Pinkie!”

“The Everfree Forest?!” Applejack stated in shock, “Have y’all lost yer minds or somethin’, what in the name of all things oats and apples are y’all thinkin’?!”

“We are on an official mission from Canterlot to scout the forest for something the palace is in dire need of.” Rarity explained before Pinkie Pie could restate her previous sentence.

“Well no way, no how, am ah lettin’ y’all go into the Everfree Forest all by yerselves.” Applejack responded. She then turned to the two stallions behind her. “Big Macintosh, take Caramel back to Sweet Apple Acres with ya, and can ya make sure he doesn’t lose the key, again?”

“Eeyup” the big red stallion responded. Big Macintosh led Caramel away who was hanging his head. “I said I was sorry.” He muttered with irritation under his breath.

“Look, we appreciate the offer,” Twilight said politely, “but we would rather do this on our own.”

“No can do sugarcube,” Applejack replied trotting in the direction of the forge, “Ah’m stickin’ to y’all like caramel on a candy apple.”

“Especially if there are candy apples in the forest.” Pinkie said hopping in Applejack’s direction. The other three mares just stared at her with raised eyebrows. “What, those things are good.”
-------------------------------------------------

The five finally reached Iron Hoof’s forge and proceeded inside. There, next to the forge was a table with a long cloth over it. As Twilight removed the cloth, the group stared in awe at the weapons displayed, each with a unique design and color for each pony.

For Rainbow Dash, there was a rainbow colored spear with the point shaped like her cutie mark, and engraved on the handle was the name Rainbow Dash. “Aaawwww yeah!” the cyan pegasus exclaimed holding it in her hooves, “this is so awesome!”

For Rarity, she found a platinum, diamond encrusted mace that was easy to wield with telekinesis. “Ooh, this craft is magnificent.” Rarity stated, gazing at the jewels encrusted on the mace.

For Applejack, there was a pair of boots that went on her legs forged from pure mythril and a steel grappling hook fresh from the forge. “Boy howdy,” the cowpony said with a smile, “ah gotta remembr’ ta thank this Iron Hoof fella.”

For Pinkie Pie, there was a canon strapped to a pink saddle; inscribed on the barrel was the words Party Canon. “Woohoo! I can use this to throw another party!” the pink pony exclaimed already making out party plans in her head.

Applejack wandered around the room looking at all the weapons set on display. “”Don’t y’all think we oughta take a crossbow with us just in case?” she asked as she started fiddling with a worn, single hoofed crossbow that made a tiny *thwang!*

“Well don’t waste your time with that one,” the cyan pegasus remarked, “that one wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

“Well then whadda ya recommend we use?” Applejack asked. Rainbow Dash went to the table and picked up a grass green crossbow that was already armed with an arrow and gave it to the cowpony.

“I think you want this baby! I saw Master Iron Hoof finish forging it a couple of weeks ago. It’s been hoof-forged from fifty-year-old ash. It’s supposed to be pretty powerful.”

“Exactly how powerful is that supposed to me-” Applejack interrupted herself when she accidently pulled the trigger and released the arrow. The arrow zoomed towards four empty barrels aligned in a row. All four barrels were immediately blasted into smithereens upon impact of the arrow. The five ponies stared at the shattered remains of the empty barrels, dumbfounded at the power of the crossbow.

“Woah!” Rainbow exclaimed grinning, “So you think that will work?”

“Yeah, ah think this’ll work out quite nicely.” Applejack said, still in shock at the weapon incredible power. With all their gear collected, the five started their journey to find the first element in the Everfree Forest.

End of Chapter 2

If one of the links is not working let me know

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment