• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 266 Views, 2 Comments

When U Don't W8 - JustDancerTroublemaker



Seriously, don't text and drive. You don't want to go through what Sweetie Belle has to.

  • ...
 2
 266

Exposition, Hopefully Not a Premonition

Sweetie Belle opened her eyes. An effortless thing to do, right? That's not the case when doing so yields disturbing info, as was this case. Sweetie Belle was lying on a hospital bed, feeling disoriented. I'd better check the surroundings, she thought. Well, for some reason, somehow she was wearing pajamas with Canada's leaf all over. Sweetie could now hear the beeping a cardiograph. I must have been downed somehow, she thought. At least I have a pulse. Looking to her left, she noticed what one could consider a generic hospital scene through a window. She thought, What the hay is going on? What ever happened to me? To her right was one of those calendars that has the date's number on a rippable sheet of paper with other details on top and a place to write interesting factoids on the bottom. Upon reading it, she knew something had gone terribly wrong.

October 9, 2013!? Sweetie Belle thought. Then she read the random factoid on the bottom. Today is the release date of Just Dance Equestrian 4 in Americanada. I hear there's a VS routine called "Starships VS Rainbow Factory." I've got to check it out when I have the chance. Signed, Patient 10122014XY's doctor. PS, if you are awake, could you please say your number to let us know?

It felt as hard as Hades to process all of this. Sweetie could only collect the most important info, such as the fact that she wasn't in Equestria anymore. Next, she was in denial over the date. There's just one way to figure this out, she thought. "Ten twelve twenty-fourteen X Y," she uttered as loud as possible, which was quieter than normal. Sweetie could not recognize her own voice; it was lisp-ridden on the sibilants. But she had less time to think; not long afterwards, a human of 33 years showed up. He was of seemingly American ethnicity, with a pale yellow lab coat and generic work jeans. However, his hair and glasses were ridiculous. His glasses were as thick as two slices of pita bread, and his hair could only be understood by the most insane of Pikmin fans at first glance: it was dyed a blend of red, hot pink, blue, yellow, dark grey, white, and deep violet. "Whatsh going on? Why ish my voish all funny? Who are you?" The human answered, "To start with, my name is Philip, and I am your doctor. Do you remember your name?" "Shweetie Belle," Sweetie answered. "Ish it really the 9th? Of October?" Philip sat down and began to explain everything he knew.

"We found you, some pony that could have been your mother, and a Pegasus colt with a Wonderbolt jumpsuit. He looks like Soarin', who was texting and driving. If it weren't for Trixie's emergency call, you would have been hosed. Yes, the "Great and Powerful" one. She claimed to have witnessed the crash." After a pause, Philip asked, "What's wrong? Is something coming to you?" Something was...


She flashed back to somewhere in late July. Sweetie was in a car with Rarity trying to get to New Quebec, a massive city near the Equestria-Americanada border, for a 2-week vacation, but the stage was set for all of this about 2 kilometers from the border. Rarity noticed somepony in a car, and it was swerving crazily. "Those blasted morons, who gave them their license?" she sighed. "I'd say he won it online," remarked Sweetie Belle. "You don't say," answered her sister.

That moment may have been comical, but was about to become serious. That silvery-blue car swerved larger and faster with every change in direction it made, when it inevitably hit something. What I wouldn't give for that guy to hit a wall instead, thought Sweetie Belle before she lost her grip on conciousness.

With a jolt, Sweetie Belle exclaimed, "Oh shnap! Rarity wash in that crash, too! Where ish she?" Philip thought for a moment, "Hm... We found a mare in there, she looked like you, except bigger. And with a cutie mark... Three blue diamonds, is that—" Sweetie Belle cut in, "Yesh, she is, pleashe let me check on her!" Impatiently, she tried to get up, but something was stopping her. "We're terribly sorry... But the injury stopped your legs from responding. Permanently," sighed Philip. Then he thought, I can't tell her about her horn... She could have gotten her ability to use it, but she can't anymore! Tears formed at Phillip's eyes.

However, Sweetie's face was blue with shock. I can't believe this is happening! She thought. What will happen back in Equestria? What's it like there now?

Philip swiftly changed the topic. "Anyways, you wanted to check in on your sister. I can do that, but I can't guarantee anything about her condition. Let me help you. Here is a wheelchair, you unfortunately must use this to get around." After about 2 annoying minutes, Philip managed to get Sweetie Belle into the wheelchair. "I pray to Shelestia for her..." Unfortunately, when they did arrive, they got a shocking surprise: Rarity was looking a bit stonerish, but less drunk, and more of... Some other factor...

"Sweetie Belle, do you know the alternate meaning of the word vegetable?" asked Phil. This doesn't look good, Sweetie Belle thought. "She's unfortunately become one. Not much capability in thought left, and what's left could artistically be described as suffering," continued Phil. "Clearly, there's going to be a lot of planning to do. For instance, the 6 W's of getting back to Equestria and how you'll plan the rest of your life with Rarity basically unable to do anything." Tears were getting ready to just burst out of Sweetie Belle. "I'm so sorry for you. However, you'll need to get stronger mentally. Say we start by meeting the one who kept you alive?" "I guesh so," answered Sweetie Belle.

Interestingly, she saw Trixie, of all ponies. What the hay? She thought. "The Great and Powerful Trixie is whom Sweetie Belle should be seeing!" Trixie stated. "She used her magic to not only keep your heart beating, but I also have decided to stop my ego cold. And, boy, did it pay off in effectiveness! She has a surprise for you!"

Sweetie Belle finally had a good surprise: Through the door in the back, entered three familiar fillies...

"Shweet Shelestia's library! Applebloom, Scootaloo, you showed up!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"I came, too!" the third filly said.

"Sorry, Babsh! Thank you, too." Sweetie Belle said as she was calming down.

Phil asked "Might you be the infamous Ponytubers, the CutieMarkCrusaders?"

"Yah got that right, sir," answered Applebloom. "You are?"

"I'm Phil, Sweetie Derelle's doctor. It's nice to meet you, though as Trixie said, a better delivery method would have been greatly appreciated!" Phil said.

"Time out, pleashe!" Sweetie Derelle interrupted. "You all got Ponytube accounts?"

"Well, yeah," answered Babs. "You never came back to Ponyville, and then my cousin Applebloom told me her theory you were in that crash, so we came up with this idea. The best way to get our cutie marks would be something productive, and with the whole text-and-drive incident, guess what we decided? That's right, we've been doing anti-'text-and-drive' stuff."

"You guishe!" remarked Sweetie Derelle. "Thanksh for caring."

Extending her front hooves in an open fashion, Scootaloo asked, "Do you need a hug?"

There was no need to say yes. Sweetie Derelle was soon hugging one of her best friends, getting part of her much-needed closure.

"I hate to cool down the heartwarming, but there are many things Sweetie Derelle has to do before she and Rarity are dismissed." Phil said.

Author's Note:

This is an "import" from Fanfiction.net! My name there is PKSmugleaf, and I referred you here from there.