• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 4,885 Views, 320 Comments

Arbitration - Uberdeathninja



The Arbiter falls in battle. A force beyond even the the comprehension of his gods send him to Equestria.

  • ...
23
 320
 4,885

1: Enter the madness

Flashes of light and the sound of lightning slashing metal rang across the battlefield. Elites fought spartan and marine alike, but fell quickly. In the center of the battle, two figures clashed in combat with an intensity only the most hateful of rivals could ever muster. A human, Sargent Forge of the UNSC, and a massive elite, easily dwarfing him: The Arbiter, Ripa 'Moramee. The two clashed like titans, with each combatant striking a blow, only to have it blocked or evaded by the other, in a lethal, brutal dance that guaranteed that one of them would not be walking away alive. The fight lasted only minutes, but it seemed like an eternity for the Arbiter before he could get the upper hand on Sargent Forge, but he finally got his claws around the human after a brief struggle, and laughed internally at his admittedly formidable opponent's inevitable demise at his hands. Finally, after many, many days of defeat after defeat, and clawing to gain any advantage against the human, and now, at long last, victory was his.

"My face will be the last thing your pathetic eyes ever see." Ripa 'Moramee Said as he picked up Sargent forge. He brought the human close to his face. Tightening his grip, he raised his sword and prepared to end their rivalry with blood. As he did, though, the human quickly took the opportunity presented to him, and drove his combat knife into Ripa's neck, causing him to stumble back in shock. The human quickly seized the opportunity and capped his dropped T-1 Energy sword. As the wounded Arbiter stumbled backward in pain and shock, thoughts and feelings spiraling in his mind, Forge didn't even give Ripa a second to react and drove the blade into his gut. Even after that, however, Ripa was still conscious when Forge spoke:

"And for the record, I would have kicked your ass the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me." Forge said as the world faded into darkness for the Arbiter. The light of the world faded as his eyes closed, and a new, brighter light shown in the distance, and Ripa felt its warmth.

"This... must be it..." he thought. "My reward... for my faith..." the former Arbiter reached for it mentally, feeling it take him. Paradise awaited him now, and was never one to keep his gods waiting.


The Arbiter twitched once as he lay, feeling grass and dirt beneath him, instead of metal, and he no longer felt the wounds of his fight with Forge. Finally, after some tossing and turning, Ripa 'Moramee opened his eyes, and noticed several things wrong: First; he was sitting in front of a bizarrely dressed human with an impossibly wide grin plastered over his face across from him in a throne, in the middle of a misty woods. Second; he was wearing some kind of clothing that one would probably see at a medieval dinner party over his armor. Third; there was a table of food between him and this tacky human, complete with a chair he was right next to. Fourth; they were in a heavily foggy forest which stretched infinitely in all directions with no discernible landmarks, which unnerved Ripa more than it should have. The human spoke in a thick, Scottish accent... not that the Arbiter would know.

"Well, well, well. Looks like sleapin' beauty's finally awake." The human said. Ripa's confusion was far from unjustified, as two things happened: One, the HUMAN addressed HIM, and two, he showed no sign of fear of the massive sangheili.

"What is the meaning of this? Who are you?" 'Moramee asked. The human's grin seemed to widen.

"You don't know do ya? Well let me introduce maself. AH'M, SHEOGORATH!, Daedric prince of madness. As fer why yer here, well, ye're dead. That's right. I said dead! But, I'll cut you a deal. I happen to have liked the cut o' yer jib while you where alive. So, I decided just now that I'll bring you back to life... IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE! Eh? Eh? Bet ya didn't see that one commin'!" The clearly insane human said as he burst out laughing. It was almost like he was every kind of crazy bottled up into one man. Ripa Tried to wrap his head around this man's words. His story seemed consistent enough. But Ripa didn't trust this guy. He was clearly insane, and he gave off an air of unreliability. Plus, he was a human. In fact, the very thought of believing this swine was cause to suspect that he himself must be going insane!

"Human scum! If you have captured me somehow, I'm going to break you in half!" the Arbiter said, getting up off of the ground and slamming his fist on the table, causing everything on it to jump into the air comically for a second.

"Hey, hey, easy on th' table! That took me millenia to carve, ya know? Besides, I'm just tryin' ta help! You like killing things, and I like watchin' people while they're killin' things! So, I made ya a deal, and all you have to do is agree, and I'll bring you back to life to kill some more things!" The human said, still smiling. 'Moramee pondered this for a second, but couldn't make sense of it. Was this one of the gods he slew in the name of, the 'paradise' he worked so hard for? If so, he was not amused, and wanted out. But still, how could he even know if this was real?

"And if I refuse your offer?" The Arbiter asked.

"Well, hope ya like a sea of angry narwhals! Thing about narwhals, mind the pointy bit." Sheogorath said. Ripa had no clue what the many hells this lunatic was raving about, and he stood up and drew his blade. Sheogorath snapped his fingers, Turning the blade into a swarm of butterflies of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Sheogorath laughed at his display of fluttering colors.
"Try that again, And I'll skip rope with yer entrails!" Sheogorath said as he burst into another fit of laughter.

"What the..?" Ripa said as he gazed at his energy sword hilt, which then turned into a conch shell.

"Tell ya what. Since ya made me laugh this hard I'll throw in a few little powers, just ta make 'yer life a little more bearable." Sheogorath said as his laughing fit ended. This caught The Arbiter's interest. He didn't like this mad god, but he loved power, and if that meant letting the crazy deity send him to some random planet, then so be it. Hey, he was flexible, and stranger things have happened to him: He was bested by a human, for heaven's sake. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask, so the Arbiter did just that.

"What kind of powers?" He inquired.

"Simple ones. Nothing too fancy. You'll have four tiers of your Rage: Regular; paint the town red with yer enemies entrails, Defiant; get a little bit healthier for everyone ya turn ta mince-meat, Spiteful; dice em' twice as fast, and Blinding; yer blades'll get so hot, everything they cut'll burn or melt. Then you got Fiendish Return: Send your enemies runnin' from their own attacks! Haha! Then Vicious blades: Yer blades will tear as well as slice. Good if you want to cause a little extra carnage. And then there's Ghastly Vision: You turn invisible, Except fer yer blades, which you can have active during this time. None of yer powers last forever though; They're there until ya don't really need them any more." Sheogorath explained, and the Arbiter grinned. Powers? with no shortcomings? How could he say no? There wasn't even a catch on the deal.

"I suppose I could accept these generous terms..." the Arbiter said. His own grin almost as wide as the one on Sheogorath's face. "But what if this is a lie?" He asked, suddenly becoming thoughtful of his situation. However, Sheogorath just laughed, twirling his cane.

"As was said by my great cousin, Abraham Lincoln once said: 'I cannot tell a lie'. Well, I can, but what'd be the point of that? Wouldn't it be MORE fun just to give ya the powers and turn ya loose? I think so. Don't you think so?" Sheogorath ranted, and Ripa sighed, seeing no reason to continue this rather one-sided conversation.

"Very well, demon. Just get me out of here, before I become as mad as you!" the Ripa said, slamming the table again.

"Great! This'll entertain me for quite a while." He said, waving his cane in the air, and the forest seemed to blur, and Ripa quickly became motion-sick. "Well, ta." Sheogorath said. Then, everything went black. Soon, or what seemed like soon, Ripa awoke, opening his eyes, and the Arbiter blinked, and soon found that he was on his back, in another forest. It was a tropical rain forest from the looks of it, and was quite... odd. Cartoonish, almost. Still, like any wilderness you find yourself alone and stranded in, it had to be dangerous, even with promised powers.

"I suppose my first task should be to establish some sort of base camp." The Arbiter thought out loud, unaware of six inferior presences nearby...


The Newly crowned princess and her friends watched the colossal creature rise to it's feet and look around the clearing it was in. Celestia said that something big had come to equestria, and it did not feel friendly. Oh, she had no idea. Twilight Sparkle looked at the massive, angry-looking beast, and saw that it was armored, so it was either sentient, or it was a war beast. It was extremely big, too, and its armor was quite ornate, and its face was the single most hideous thing she'd ever seen: a short, fish-like head, with four drooping mandibles, all practically covered in long, sharp teeth. In short, it was the most terrifying creature she had ever seen, and it was like nothing ever recorded by anypony on the planet. She sized the masculine beast up, and she saw only anger in its soul, and murder on its mind, and just when she was about to deem the monster incapable of rational thought, it spoke:

"I suppose my first task should be to establish some sort of base camp." It said In a voice as deep as the sea, and utterly terrifying, though it sounded level-headed and thoughtful, as if every word was thought out and planned before being spoken. It was official: it was sentient. Twilight tried to approach the creature, to see if that, beneath the mass of muscle and teeth, it was really a rational and intelligent creature, but she stepped on a twig as she approached. The creature then spun around, producing four ghostly blades in the process, and glared at her, with murder and hate in its golden, reptilian eyes, like a snake finally spotting its prey... except even snakes had a beauty to them. This... thing... was just big, ugly, and pissed.

"Who's there? Show yourselves!" It demanded, looking back to the princess-to-be, and she stopped dead from fear.


A twig snapped behind The Arbiter, and he spun around and activated his blades, expecting an attack, and slightly hoping that whatever was assailing him was big enough to be a threat.

"Who's there? Show yourselves!" He demanded. After a moment of waiting, six equine creatures stepped out of the bushes. They were afraid of him, suggesting he had a clear advantage over them, but they came forward despite this, suggesting they were sentient beings... sentient, yet foolish. He sized them up, taking care not to repeat his mistake with the human, Sergeant Forge, but saw now threat in them, not even the odd, purple one, who appeared to be their leader. They were but simple quadrupeds, absolutely no match for him, and hardly woth his notice, except that they were so oddly colored, indicating that they were not made for tribal life. That knowledge gleaned, Ripa ultimately decided that they were city-dwelling creatures, sentient, and very much not worth his time.

"I do not have the time for this." The Arbiter said, disarming his blades and turning to leave. "Such pitiful creatures... I expected a fight." he said, fuming. Suddenly, the cyan equine sped around him and floated in front of his face with the use of it's tiny wings, which did not appear capable of flight at first.

"Where do you think you're goin', pal?" It, or rather, she, said.

"I am not you're 'Pal', weakling. Now get out of my way, before I decide to eat you." He said as he shoved her aside.

"Oof. Hey! What's you're problem, dude?" She asked. The Arbiter, now fed up with this little nuisance, stopped dead in his tracks. He then turned to face her, hatred in his golden eyes, and retorted with anger in his tone:

"My 'problem', as it were, is the fact that you're annoying me. Be thankful I am even bothering to spare you, pest. Now stay out of my way, 'pal'." He spat, then he turned to leave. Twilight cleared her throat to gain the Arbiter's attention. When that failed, she teleported in front of him, drawing his ire. She then cleared her throat again, and spoke:

"Listen, eh, sir, I believe we got off to a bad start. let's try this again: Hello, I am Twilight Sparkle, and there are my friends, Rainbow Dash..." The cyan equine puffed out her chest and giving it a pound. "... Rarity..." The ivory equine tossed it's purple mane while stating that it was a pleasure to meet him. "... Applejack..." The orange equine tipped it's hat and said 'howdy'. "... Fluttershy..." The yellow one hid behind it's mane like a cowardly beast. "... And Pinkie pie." The pink equine bounced up and down while waving erratically. Ripa 'Moramee, upon seeing the last one, decided there and then that he didn't like her, at all, and would do anything to get away from her. Nonetheless, his condescending glare passed over the equines several more times, before he decided that he didn't like ANY of them. They were weak, pitiful beasts, and were hardly worth his time. In addition, they were female, and were addressing him as if they were equals. This, in 'Moree's mind, was the ultimate crime. Still, he did not act, as crushing them would be too easy, and therefor without honor.

"So what's your name?" Twilight asked, interrupting Ripa's thoughts.

"That is irrelevant." The Arbiter declared, walking away from the equines. They were shocked by his rude gesture, and they simply couldn't comprehend his anger as he stormed off in an attempt to be as far away from them as possible.