• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 4,885 Views, 320 Comments

Arbitration - Uberdeathninja



The Arbiter falls in battle. A force beyond even the the comprehension of his gods send him to Equestria.

  • ...
23
 320
 4,885

2: Way of the warrior

"What do you mean 'irrelevant'? Hey, wait!" Twilight's words fell on deaf ears as she then proceeded to pursue the new creature. However, despite her and her friends' protests, it showed no signs of compliance, or even acknowledgement. "It's rude to ignore somepony when they're talking to you!" Twilight continued, still pursuing the massive alien. the Arbiter said nothing to her, though, and continued to walk away. Twilight was not happy about this, and in her ire, she quickly put up a dome around the Arbiter. In his blind attempt to rid himself of the six nuisances, he smashed into the far side of the dome, and reeled back in shock and anger as he bounced off of the wall. That got his attention, though he continued to ignore the creatures, and focused his rage on the new obstruction.

"What is the meaning of this outrage?" The Arbiter cried in anger, balling his fists.

"You really need to learn manners." Twilight said, but the Arbiter said nothing in return, deciding to ignore the pest behind him. Instead, he mustered all his might into one mighty punch, and struck the shield with all the might within his fist, which was but a fraction of his true strength. Still,the impact of the elite's punch shattered the shield, and caused Twilight Sparkle to cry out as the connection was shattered. Ripa 'Moramee stumbled forward with the inertia of his punch, but soon corrected himself, and, despite the pony's cry of pain, he continued onward, oblivious to the six. In his mind, he assumed, if he ignored them long enough, they would go away, since they had to be but mere figments of his imagination, given to him by the mad god that sent him here to begin with. Yet, this was not the case, for no matter how far he traveled, the six followed him, and continued to wear down on his patience, of which he had little to begin with. The Arbiter's ire was sparked by the pink one's rambling questions:

"What happened to your jaw? It looks like you chopped it in half!" Pinkie said. The Arbiter stopped dead, and spun around to glare at the pink nuisance, unbridled hate in his cold, unforgiving eyes.

"What did you say, whelp?" He asked the spite, causing Pinkie Pie to stare back with increased joy, as was her annoying balance.

"Oh, nothing..." She said cheerfully, shying away from the alien behemoth.

"Then why are you following me?! Leave me in peace, or I'll gut you all like fish!" Ripa said, fire in his eyes as he clicked his jaws in annoyance. The Arbiter, at last, decided to test his cloak, to see if he could use it to escape the little grunts following him, and pelting him with questions. With irregularly shaped silver-blue outlines guiding them, pockets of invisibility spread over his form, and he vanished, leaving a mere shimmer in his wake.

"Wha-! Where did he go?!" Twilight asked, panic stricken as the beast disappeared without a trace. The elements looked every where for Ripa 'Moramee, though they remained oblivious to the shimmering figure walking away from them.

"Idiots..." Ripa thought to himself as he walked away from the six blubbering ponies.


After walking alone for a while, the Arbiter found himself stopped by a wall of vines in his path, forming a biological curtain of some kind. Seeing no way around or through the dangerous-looking plants, he reluctantly activated his left-hand sword, forcing his cloak to drop. Ripa then cut the wall down with a single swipe, causing the smell of burning plant matter, a smell he was all too familiar with, to waft through the humid jungle air.

Ripa then continued his warpath, and soon, he found some kind of small camp. It had a carriage on one side of the clearing and a tent on the other, all vaguely human in origin, which he did not like. The vines around the camp seemed to cover the small openings between the trees, and judging by the size ratio of the wall he cut down, the one he just cleared was the main entrance to the camp. He did not know who made the camp, or who dwelled in it, but he was Ripa 'Moramee, the biggest, strongest elite in existence! As far as he was concerned, the camp was now his.

"It is wise that the occupants have left me with such an agreeable spot to rest... but what could have caused such a hasty departure..?" Ripa thought to himself, remembering his encounters with the flood.

He thus deemed this camp his base camp, regardless of any occupants and looked his new temporary home over. He spotted a massive rat skewered and being roasted over the fire. The Arbiter's stomach growled at that moment, seeing as he had eaten nothing for days, and never partook of the feast presented to him by Sheogorath. He decided to eat the rat over the flame, deeming his needs more important than those of other potential occupants. After gorging on the rat, Ripa walked over to a tree away from the too-small tent and the carriage and went to sleep under it.


After a few hours a pony and a griffon approached the downed arboreal curtain. The azure pony's saddlebags were loaded down with plants while the griffon's knapsack was filled with giant rats native to this part of world. They shared the camp they were headed to, for the sake of travelling together. Their names were were Trixie and Gilda. One hunted, the other gathered, and they worked together to survive out here as part of a dare. What they did not know, however, was that something had usurped their camp, and they were making a grave mistake in returning to it. The pair saw the curtain over their camp's gate was cut down, and the griffon reacted appropriately to seeing their work destroyed by some random ruffian.

"WHAT THE?" Gilda screamed as she saw the curtain cut and the rat she had over the fire was gone, stolen from her beak by... something. The arbiter woke up from his rest upon hearing the scream, and stepped into view of the two campers, enraged at them for disrupting his slumber, and infuriated more that one was a pony.

"Who dares disrupt my rest!?" Ripa inquired loudly, his voice shaking the ground with the force of his anger. "You mangy curs will suffer for your insolence!" Ripa 'Moramee roared, and he began to approach the two interlopers, murder on his mind.

"Oh, man... run!" Gilda said, and Trixie promptly obeyed, both of them running for their lives as the rampaging alien chased them through the forest, blades ready, and hatred burning in his guts.

"You fools will not escape me! Your interruption will be your demise!" Ripa shouted, running after the two as they fled, on the verge of pissing themselves. They ran until they were sure they had lost the massive Elite, and stopped, since they stopped hearing the beast crash through the forest.

"Did we *pant* lose it?" Gilda asked her companion.

"Y-yes... Trixie thinks we- Gak!" Trixie cried, as the two were suddenly hoisted off the ground by their necks. The creature then appeared, uncloaking, while it strangled them.

"No, no you did not." Ripa said grumpily, still tired from having his rest cut short. Immediately, the two began begging for their pathetic lives, and Ripa almost slew them right there for their cowardice, but he realized something: he needed guides, and general servants. So, he thought of a way to make them useful, and still pay for their insolence and cowardice, wise as it was:

"I will spare your pathetic lives, but on one condition: you will serve me as guides, slaves, and whatever else I need for the duration of my stay here. Fail me, and your skulls will decorate my tent!" 'Moramee roared, and the cowardly creatures in Ripa's grasp nodded in affirmation. The Arbiter loosened his grasp so they could breath, and they gasped long, deep breaths as he held them. He then dragged the two cowardly creatures back to the campsite, where he gave them separate tasks to bring the camp up to running condition... or at least, running by his standards, which, by the way, were quite high.

The griffon cooked, and the pony repaired the curtain. The Arbiter oversaw these tasks and took the time to observe his "guides"' Physical abilities and powers. With both arms crossed, he observed the pony's telekinetic powers. They had few limits from what he could tell, but were still limited to weight and size, judging by her inability to lift a boulder he thought got in the way. In short, he noticed that it required the same type of energy as one would use to lift their arm, which gave him much insight to their abilities, and their limits. The difference (from what he observed) was that the power drawn was based on the mathematical formula; energy = mass x volume. Basic math was child's play for any Elite, especially an observant on like him. Given this new information, he calculated that she would require a very high calorific intake to lift him for longer than a few seconds, not that he would ever require such a service. His observations finished, he finally walked over to where he was sleeping earlier. He waited for the pony to finish the curtain and went to sleep, troubled as it was, plagued by memories of his failure against forge, a failure he hoped never to repeat.