• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 1,589 Views, 60 Comments

Changeling gone good? - N3rdyGir1Squar3d



What happens when Queen Chrysalis decides she wants a daughter that has all the qualities of the elements of harmony? (The beginning take place before the whole Canterlot Wedding)

  • ...
2
 60
 1,589

Parents

=-=-=-=-=-=-PERSPECTIVE-=-=-=-=-=-=
Kryna

I sat awkwardly at the end of the dining table at our home, glad that for once I wasn’t the center of attention. Sadly, Daring wasn't faring so well.

“So, you are an adventurer?” Their Mother, who I learned was named Lyrica and was an upperclass pony, asked, her eyes narrowed as she hissed the words

“I have been for years now, mother.” She said calmly, she was holding back a scream of frustration and anger, I didn’t have to be part changeling to sense that.

“Well.” Lyrica said, I was expecting more, but it seemed she ended there.

“I’m also an author.” Daring stated more proudly, still though, disappointment was on Lyrica’s face

“Do you have a coltfriend?”

“MOTHER!” Daring shouted, obviously louder than she meant to.

“What?” Lyrica asked innocently, “Your sister already has a daughter, which made up for her HORRID career choice”

“HEY!” I shouted angry at Lyrica’s rudeness at her daughters

“She could have more manners though.” She stated simply

I looked over at Derpy, she may have not been my mother all my life, but she was mine now, and I was going to protect her no matter what.

I snorted “Of all the ponies, in ALL of Equestria, YOU say that?! HA! You wouldn’t know manners if it hit you in the face! Both of your daughters have been sitting here POLITELY, fighting back the urge to punch you in the face, I’m assuming!”

I wasn’t assuming, I could see Daring’s hoof clenched, and her grinding her teeth.

I then turned to Lyrica’s Husband, a gold pegasus with a orange mane, of the name Golden Drizzle.

“AND YOU!” I yelled.

“STOP!”

I turned to see Derpy standing on the table, eyes derped as usual.

Derpy steps down, then speaks in a calm yet firm tone “Dinky! I understand you’re upset at your grandparents-”

I nod, as if it wasn’t obvious enough already.

“-BUT you can’t just yell at them like that! That almost makes you as bad as them!”

“I say!” Lyrica shouted in the background, I didn’t care much to listen to her.

“I’m going home.” Daring said glumly as she walked out the door.

Within seconds silence fell over the room, I decided it was late enough.

I fake yawned and stated, “I’m tired.”

Derpy looked at me, obviously happy for an excuse to kick her parents out

“Yeah it’s getting pretty late and tomorrow’s a monday...” Derpy said drawing out hoping that they left soon.

“It is getting late.” Golden Drizzle agreed, me hearing his voice for the first time

After they left I dropped my disguised only to put it back on just as fast as their was a knock on the door

Derpy opened it and there stood Daring

“My house was destroyed.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, im getting used to writting again, also i will be posting more often, the longest waits for this story with be a month (but that will rarely happen)