• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 1,589 Views, 60 Comments

Changeling gone good? - N3rdyGir1Squar3d



What happens when Queen Chrysalis decides she wants a daughter that has all the qualities of the elements of harmony? (The beginning take place before the whole Canterlot Wedding)

  • ...
2
 60
 1,589

Daring Doo

=-=-=-=-=-=-PERSPECTIVE CHANGE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Derpy

I look at the little filly walking next to me and think, what would Daring Doo think of her?
I turn back to the land in front. I sigh deeply.

Kryna turns to me ”What’s wrong, why are nervous?” She asks concerned.

I turn to her. “I-I was just thinking what Daring Doo would thi-”

“Ditzy!” a voice cuts me off, I turn to see Daring standing in the doorway.

‘Did time really go by that fast?’ I thought. Kryna elbows me I then realize I’m just sitting there with no expression. I shake my head snapping out of the trance I was in, “Daring.” I say back. I look at her with a weak smile, she eyed me suspiciously then turned her gaze to Kryna, looking at her through narrow eyes.

“And just who is this?”

“This is Kry---” I started to say, I then felt a sharp tug on my left wing, I look over to see Kryna with a look saying ‘Shut up!’

“I’M-” Kryna said making sure to drowned out what I started to say, “Dinky.” she finished with a much softer tone.

Daring’s gaze didn’t loosen at all, turning to me and said bluntly “Well, I see she’s new, who exactly is she?”

“She’s Dinky, my daughter.” I stated matching her gaze, focusing to make my eyes go to a normal fierce expression like I did protecting Kryna from Celestia.

“I didn’t know you had a daughter.” She said through gritted teeth, obviously not believing my lie.

“Well I do!” I said back with a challenging tone, and then Kryna decided to be a derp.

“I’m Dinky DOO!!” She shouted cheerfully, scrunching her face up.

Daring stared at her with so much anger and confusion.

“I can see the resemblance.” she nearly spat saying it, making Kryna flinch.

She turns to me pure fear in her eyes. “I’m scared.” she mutters.
“Don’t be.” I whisper to her. Daring sighs, “Come on in.” she said with a sarcastic joy sound to it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There were tall green and purple cups with crackers on a silver platter sitting on a birch wood coffee table. The house was barely lit, I look around in the oak wood cabin, it had a stone fireplace with two logs burning (the only light source)

I look at Daring, who is standing in the kitchen. She is standing by an island with a granite counter. The counter makes a half square around her in where she is cutting carrots.

I walk up to her from behind, just as I was going to tap her on the shoulder, she swung around with a knife in her hoof nearly cutting my chest open. I jumped back but quickly regained my composure


“Who is that anyway?” she asks with a soft tone and a fake smile. Looking towards Kryna.

“That’s Dinky, my daughter, I told you that.” I respond my voice soft as well but i was frowning at her.

“Hmm…” She says obviously thinking.

“What’s wrong?” I say with a nervous tone.

“Nothing.” she says staring at Kryna. I try and steal a carrot to get her mind off of it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-PERSPECTIVE CHANGE-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kryna

I could feel the burning sensation of hate in Daring, she was very suspicious, and that was for sure! She didn’t trust the lies we were telling her, so there was only one thing I could hope for, that nothing happens to force me into become a changeling again.

Tension was rising in the room, there was only one thing I could think to do…

“MOMMYYYYYYY” I wined, “Are we going to have muffins?!” I changed my tone to make me sound as if I won a years supply of the best sweets in Equestria, which, in my case, was muffins.

“Heh, just like your mom...” Daring said, loosening the tension a bit.

Derpy and I started to relax a little, we had some nice conversations, and then, disaster struck.

“Hey kid?” Daring started to ask, “What are you?” She asked chuckling

“I’m a pony” I said

Daring stops laughing, she stares at me suspiciously, obviously not pleased with my answer, but then her eyes drift to the window “They’re here...” she mutters with a strong sense of fear in her voice.

Derpy, my new mother, looked to Daring, then out the window, then back at Daring, “Who is here?!” she asked, force in her tone, her eyes straightened. She had all focus on Daring, waiting for an answer.

“They are ba---” The door crashes open, Daring jumps and pushes me over into the wall I crash into it breaking my leg howling in pain. Derpy flies to help but the ceiling cracks and a piece falls on her wing, I limb over help but the ceiling collapsed blocking me from everyone, I back up terrified I sit in a corner and pull my back hooves up to my chest I put my head in my knees and I weep.

=-=-=-=-=-=-PERSPECTIVE CHANGE=-=-=-=-=-=

Daring Doo

I turn hearing a crash while pushing back on a bat-pony I think to myself ‘Bat ponies? Luna’s warriors? Luna did this?’ The bat-pony pushes harder pushing me to the ground I stumble.

I then look around to see half the room collapsed. I gasp, and realize Derpy is hurt and Dinky is nowhere to be found.

My face turns red, I shoot up and attack the bat-pony “NO ONE HURTS MY FAMILY!” I scream at him he stumbles backwards surprised at my voice, I smile deviously and look around me. ‘I can take them...’

“CHARGE!” I yell putting my head down and gallop full speed at him. I knock him to the ground neighing in triumph I walk to Derpy and take the pieces of the ceiling off of her “Where’s Dinky?!” I ask her, almost screaming at the thought of losing Dinky, my niece, my sisters daughter.

She weakly points to the area where the ceiling collapsed, I gasp and run to the buried area, and start digging up the rocks with incredible speed when i get through, the little filly is sitting there crying but, as a changeling

I gasp she looks up with tears rolling down her cheeks “Is mommy ok?!” she screams at me tears rolling down her cheeks, my expression turns to anger, I go wide eyed and run up to her, grab her neck, and slam her against a wall and start to choke her. Derpy runs over with a broken wing yelling “NO NO NO NO NO!!!” she jumps on me, I slam against the ground, the last thing I hear is Derpy and ‘Dinky’ scream then everything goes black.

Author's Note:

Hey! Just got a new editor/co-author! Her name is SkyIsTheLimit! She hasn't posted anything yet but she's awesome!