• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 16,677 Views, 303 Comments

Noble Six - InfinitySlayer



Noble Six was a hero. He is remembered for his death. He will be remembered for how he continued living.

  • ...
57
 303
 16,677

There Will be Another Time...

Princess Twilight Sparkle watched as the unknown creature rose from inside the object. It stood on two legs, was at least seven feet tall, and wore strange armor. It had no helmet, and on its face was a dumbfounded expression.

Everypony was in too much shock to do anything but watch. The Royal Guard was trying their best to not completely freak out. The creature seemed to be looking around, surveying its surroundings. Then, the creature did something nopony expected.

“Where am I?!”

Everypony nearby was astonished to hear it speak in Equestrian, but were still too shocked to do anything about it. The Royal Guard, put on edge by this new development, pointed their deadly silver spears directly at the creature.

The creature suddenly looked very alarmed, and out of nowhere a blue sword of light popped into its paw, or claw, nopony was sure. The sword was at least two feet long. When it did this, everypony, including the Guard, stepped back.

"Where am I?!" The creature asked again, much more aggressively than before.

Again, nopony was able to answer. A few seconds later, the creature took a step forward, towards the Royal Guard. Then, Shining Armor did something exceedingly stupid. He shot at the creature with a magic blast from his horn.

The creature evaded the blast with relative ease. Now it charged at Shining Armor, covering ground faster than a cheetah, and aimed its sword of light to pierce him. Before the creature could harm her brother, Twilight shot a magic blast from her horn at the creature. It hit it right on the side, and it was unconscious in a second.

After this, everypony stood in stunned silence. Nopony knew what to do at this point. Princess Celestia tried to assess the situation. An unknown creature had just landed in Canterlot. It was armed and dangerous and tried to impale Shining Armor. Now Celestia was stuck figuring out how to deal with the situation. Then she had an idea.

Celestia quickly trotted over to Shining Armor, who was also standing dumbfounded. Quietly, she whispered into his ear,

“Lock down the castle, I want nopony coming in until further notice. Give me a few minutes, but when I get into the castle I will perform a mind wipe spell over all of Canterlot.”

Captain Armor nodded his head, and said to his Guards,

“Lock down the castle, nopony gets in besides those who the Princess lets in.”

"Yes, sir!” the guards bellowed and proceeded to do as Captain Armor ordered.

After this, Celestia picked up the strange creature with her magic, finding it quite heavy and moved towards her castle. Already many of the startled civilian ponies were following her, hoping to seek some kind of refuge from the monster that had just attacked. The Royal Guard had already seen this coming, and assembled into a row, blocking the civilians from the castle.

Twilight and her friends were blocked as well, and even they were complaining about it. Celestia knew she would probably need their help with the current situation, so she said to her guards,

“Let Twilight and her friends in.” The Guards immediately opened a hole in their formation, and let them pass.

Now they caught up with Celestia, who was stepping into her castle. They continued to follow her, unable to say anything. Vaguely, they heard voices outside the castle, they sounded like arguing. Twilight rationed that the newspaper, and all the other random media ponies, were trying to get through.

“Princess, how do you expect to handle this situation?” Twilight asked as they walked up a flight of stairs.

“Once I get up to my room, I’ll go onto my balcony and perform a mind wipe spell over the entire city. After that, we’ll figure out what to do from there.”

Twilight and her friends nodded their heads. It seemed like a good plan. It also was their only plan.


Noble Six found himself inside a Pelican, a UNSC air transport vehicle designed to transport troops and cargo to combat zones unscathed. He was standing next to Emile, whom was currently shooting his grenade launcher at some Banshees that were following them.

“Noble leader, seek immediate medical attention.”

Auntie Dot, the AI that was given to Noble Team, was becoming exceedingly worried about Noble 1. Carter was currently piloting the Pelican. The Pelican itself was badly damaged from the barrage of plasma fire coming from the Covenant Banshees.

“Noble leader, please respond.”

Auntie Dot requested again. Carter was too busy piloting the Pelican to say anything. He also was in too much pain to do anything else. Emile, still shooting with the grenade launcher, managed to hit one purple armored Banshee, which in turn crashed into another in a blaze of blue fire. Noble Six was moving towards the front of the Pelican, to see if Carter was still alive.

“Noble leader, please respond. You are alarming me.” Auntie Dot requested again, even more anxious then before.

“Not sure how long this bird’s gonna last. Her engines are done anyway. You have to get of her, Lieutenant.” Carter said to Noble Six, who was standing behind his seat.

“Get the Package to the Autumn.” Carter finished, his voice raspy and forced.

“Done” Noble Six responded.

“Not yet it’s not. Emile, go with him, it’s a ground game now.” Carter said to Emile, who was standing at the back of the Pelican, waiting for any more Covenant to get close enough to blast them to the stars.

“It’s been an honor, sir.” Emile said to Carter, knowing that this was his final day on Reach.

“Likewise.”

Noble Six now turned towards the other end of the Pelican, but as he walked away, Carter said,

“Six…that AI chose you. She made the right choice.”

Noble Six was now standing at the back of the Pelican with Emile, ready to jump out to the land bellow.

“On my mark,” Carter lifted two of his fingers.

“Mark!” Carter closed his fist.

At this moment, both Emile and Noble Six jumped out of the Pelican, hurling towards the earth. A few seconds later, they crashed into a cliff and slid down it, ending up on the ground. As Noble Six got up, he looked at the Package, and put it on his back. A few seconds later, Carter was standing in front of him, his once shining blue armor broken and burned from the explosion that would occur in the near future.

“As your leader, it was my job to ensure the operation’s success, no matter what the cost. It’s your turn to be the leader.”

Noble Six tried to tell Carter that he could be leader, that he would carry on the cause that Noble Team fought for. But he suddenly lost his strength and collapsed, unconscious in seconds.

He slowly opened his eyes, exhausted from the scene that had just transpired. He didn’t want to get up. For once, he didn’t want to act. He felt like he couldn’t do anything. But a small part of him, his Spartan training, urged him to push on. Noble Six looked around the room he had found himself in.

The room itself was quite large and seemed to be made out of some kind stone. The walls were adorned with pictures and bookshelves, with dressers and tables around the floor. What surprised Noble Six the most were the creatures that were in it.
There were seven creatures in total. All of them were horse like in nature, vibrantly colored, and seemingly unarmed. All of them had their backs toward Noble Six and were facing the largest one in the group, who was currently on a balcony of some kind nearby.

“So you’re sure this will work, Celestia? A mind wipe spell at this magnitude hasn’t been preformed since Starswirl the Bearded accidentally summoned the MegaBear of the North to Canterlot and tried to cover it up.”

A purple horse-creature asked. Noble Six was stunned to hear it speak in English. He was even more confused by what it just said.

“I’m sure of my capabilities, Twilight, and if I need help I always have you.” A much larger, seemingly regal creature responded.

“By the way, my room alone is built with a rare type of stone that resists all magic. You’re all safe from the mind wipe spell in
here.” It finished.

Then, the purple one said, “Why did you put the creature in here again?”

The big one looked down at the purple one, and said in a slightly impatient tone, “Because I don’t want anypony else to see it.” The purple one nodded its head slowly.

Then, the larger horse-creature said to her…or himself, “I’d better remove the wreckage before I do anything.”

Then, its horn lit up with a fierce golden light, reminding Noble Six that he had no idea what was going on. After a few seconds, the light died away.

“I teleported the wreckage to a secret location. Now to perform the mind wipe spell.”

Then, its horn glowed again, and it continued doing so until he could see little sparks popping of it.

All of the creatures were distracted. Noble Six saw his chance.

Slowly, Noble Six rose from the bed, and onto the floor. He made no noise as he did so. Then, he stealthily made his way to the door of the room, a large wooden one, making no sound. It took him agonizing seconds to get there; but Noble Six knew from years of training that it was better to be, “patient rather than pwnd” as the old saying went.

Once there, he opened the door a slowly as possible. Fortunately, it made no sound as it swung open. When it did, however, Noble Six was startled to see another creature standing on the other side of it.

“Auntie, what is going…?”

The creature was never able to finish its sentence. Before it could speak further, Noble Six grabbed by the neck, and was about to snap it before the creature could give away his position. Before he could do so however, the seven other creatures behind him had turned to see what was going on.

“Princess Celestia!” The purple horse-thing cried, “The thing is awake!”

The big one immediately stopped whatever it was doing and turned around. It was poised to strike in an instant.
Noble Six thought the creatures were going to shoot him, but that’s when he had an idea.

“One move and I snap this thing’s neck.” Noble Six said as he tightened his grip on whatever he was holding.

All of the creatures froze in place. A few seconds later, one of the creatures, a yellow one with a pink mane, said, “Please don’t…”
Noble Six thought about this for a second.

“Answer my questions, and I let this thing go.” Noble Six said. “Don’t, and it dies.”

All of the creatures looked at each other nervously. Then, the large one said,

“Fine, but you must promise to let him go.” Noble Six thought about it for a second, and then said,

“Done.”

“First question, where am I?” Noble Six asked calmly. He no longer thought that these creatures would pose a threat as long as he held this one captive.

“You are in Equestria, Canterlot to be precise.” The purple one said, trying to answer as politely as possible.Noble Six thought about this for a moment, and then said,

“Never heard of it. Next question. What are you?” The creatures looked at each other, rather taken aback, and then an orange one said,

“Uh…we’re ponies, of course. What did you think we were?”

Noble Six chuckled in spite of his current situation. He mentally slapped himself in the face for breaking UNSC conduct. A few seconds later, the yellow pony asked, trembling,

“Please put Prince Blueblood down now, you made a deal.”

Noble Six wasn’t known to back down on his word. He put the terrified, well groomed creature down. The moment he did so, the creature known by the locals as Prince Blueblood ran out the door faster than a Mongoose on steroids, screaming,

“A monster, run!”

All of the creatures, Noble Six saw, realized their mistake. Noble Six knew that he himself was probably a secret, for obvious reasons.

“Hurry, get Prince Blueblood!” The big one yelled, more forcefully then Noble Six had seen it speak yet. Immediately, all of the creatures ironically called ponies ran out the door. Before the large one did, it turned, and shot a golden blast at Noble Six from its horn. Noble Six was caught off guard, and was not able to evade. A moment later, Noble Six felt the blast hit his chest, and he was knocked to the ground.

Noble Six’s vision was fuzzy as he watched the big one sprint out the door. But this time, he was determined not to black out. A few seconds later, his vision cleared. Then, using a nearby table for support, he pulled himself up. The blast hurt terribly, though his shields took most of the impact, it felt like he had just gotten punched by an Elite. Noble Six was trained to take harder hits.

Ignoring the searing pain in his chest, Noble Six walked out of the wooden door of the room. He found himself looking down a stone spiral staircase, descending into the unknown. He quickly then started running down the staircase, moving towards whatever lay for him on the bottom.

A few seconds later, he reached the end of the staircase. He found himself staring into a large hallway. It was made out of the same kind of stone the staircase was. It was brightly lit with lamps and chandeliers that hung from the ceiling. There were strange stone statues that stood on either side of the hallway, standing at regular intervals.

But there was a problem. Two armed pony guards were running towards Noble Six, their spears raised to impale him. A few seconds later, they called out to Noble Six, saying,

“Creature, stand down or be destroyed!” Noble Six wasn’t known for standing down.

Noble Six continued to stand, fists raised, ready to fight. He had no weapons, but then again, he knew his fists were the ultimate weapon A few seconds later, the guards charged at Noble Six with their spears raised in some form of levitation. When the first guard was right next to Noble Six, Noble Six dodged the guard, and it crashed into the staircase behind him. Then, the other guard saw his mistake, and slowed down. Then, he threw his spear forward at Noble Six.

Noble Six grabbed the deadly spear in his hand, tore it from the levitation grip of the guard, and hit the guard square on the temple with the wooden part of the spear. The guard was unconscious instantly

Noble Six wasn’t sure what to do at this point. He knew he had to escape, but there could be hundreds, even thousands of guards more to deal with. Unarmed and outnumbered, he knew that he couldn’t escape alive.

A few seconds later, he saw something running towards him from the end of the long hallway. As they got closer, Noble Six could see that it was eight of the ponies, the ones he had saw before. One of them, the purple one, was carrying another by levitation.
Noble Six held his spear up, ready to strike. He knew that these creatures would try to attack him again. A few seconds later, they did something that surprised Noble Six immensely. They stopped about ten feet away from where Noble Six was standing.
Then, the big one spoke to Noble Six,

“Stand down, creature, we mean you no harm.”

Noble Six considered the statement, and then realized that he had just gotten shot by the same creature minutes before.

“Explain shooting me then.”

The big one stammered for a few seconds, and backed down. Noble Six called its bluff.

“Now you listen to me. I am getting out of here one way or another. I would suggest staying out of my way.”

Noble Six said, making sure to keep his tone threatening and brutal, as his expression suggested. The “ponies” began stepping back to avoid getting killed. All of them were, except the large one, whose horn was glowing an even fiercer gold then before. Noble Six brought his spear up to impale it before it could shoot him again. But right before he could do so, his world suddenly disappeared.

For a half a second, he saw a white light at the end of an infinitely long tunnel. Then, he found himself in another room.
His vision was fuzzy when he first got there, but it cleared quickly, and he realized that he was standing in the room he had first woken in. The spear he had been holding was nowhere to be seen. The creatures were also there with him, standing confused. All of them, except the large one. The big one, which Noble Six had decided to call Shiny, was standing about three feet in front of him.

Then, its horn glowed, and Noble Six found himself thrown up in the air and pinned to the extravagant bed that lied around five away. When Noble Six tried to move, he found he was immobilized by a golden field that enveloped him

“Now, I don’t have the patience to go on with this struggle! I didn’t want to resort to these measures, but you’ve forced my hoof!” Shiny said, the ponies’ rage bubbling up for the first time that day.

Noble Six was struggling to get up, to move at all, but he was effectively immobilized by Shiny.

Noble Six continued to struggle. After a few seconds, he could feel the energy barrier beginning to give way. But then, the purple creature’s horn lit up ,and now both Shiny and the purple pony were keeping him down.

“Now that we have everything under…relative control, I’ll perform the mind wipe spell.” Shiny said as it released its grip on Noble Six.

It was clear to see that Noble Six had stressed it over its limit. Trying to break free of the energy grip that the purple pony had him in was growing very tiresome for Noble Six. He stopped moving to recoup his energy for a future escape The purple pony sighed out in relief when he did, but it never released its grip on Noble Six. It was obvious to Noble Six that all of the creatures were tired. It was night time, Noble Six assumed, for the sky outside was dark. And most sentient creatures were exhausted by nightfall.

Noble Six now focused his attention on Shiny, who was standing outside on a balcony. Its horn was glowing a fierce gold, growing brighter by the second. After a few seconds, something happened. The horn seemed to gather all its energy, and explode.
Then, a huge blast shook the entire city, covering it in a fierce golden light. The light swept into buildings, filling up any space it could. It spread in all directions, seeming to cover the entire city.

A few seconds later, the light dimmed out, and faded away. It seemingly had no effect on anything within the city. The whole process took about ten seconds. After this, Shiny stumbled back, and almost fell on the floor. It was caught by a blue field of energy, caused by a white pony standing near it.

“Are you all right, Celestia?”

The cry rang out from all of the ponies at once. They all moved towards…Celestia; Noble Six found out, and were trying to help “her”. The purple one also jerked forwards, forgetting Noble Six. The purple field of energy disappeared.

Almost shocked by how convenient this event was, Noble Six jumped up, and ran for the door. As he put his hand on the bronze doorknob, he felt a small ping bounce off the titanium alloy plating of the back of his armor. Perplexed, her turned to face the unknown, rather futile force that attempted feebly to oppose him. To his surprise, he witnessed an orange pony in a brown Stetson hat reeling in pain, clutching its injured foreleg in intense anguish. To his slight amusement garnering the situation, Noble Six decided that the rather pathetic creature had attempted to kicked his back in attempt to halt his escape. Obviously, the gesture was futile. It would be like taking a foam pool noodle to a Scarab. No matter how determined the small pony had been, she now felt the immediate ramifications of her error quite thoroughly, howling out to her comrades with an oddly southern accent.

His slight smile faded as he witnessed the purple pony, who had previously been tending to her wounded mentor, bolt 180 degrees around to face him, her teeth bared in feverish rage and a form of annoyance. Without hesitating, it shot a purple bolt of magical lightning from its glowing horn, punching Six directly in the temple of his forehead. Within moments, the super soldier found himself fading into the black reaches of unconsciousness by a small pony one third of his height for the second time that day.