• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 16,669 Views, 303 Comments

Noble Six - InfinitySlayer



Noble Six was a hero. He is remembered for his death. He will be remembered for how he continued living.

  • ...
56
 303
 16,669

If They Came To Hear Me Beg...

The battle hadn't gone exactly to plan for Zin'Onon and his fellow warriors. What was planned to be an easy assault with no casualties received turned into a major firefight. Although most of the inhabitants of the ruined city were dead, the Covenant assault force had suffered over 40% casualties.

Zin'Onon counted his blessings, however. He had the Spartan in his possession. He would now do to the human as he wished. Zin'Onon planned for the human's punishment to be as severe as any invented by the Covenant. On top of this honor, the world he attacked was practically his. Everything had gone according to plan.

Now the time had come to destroy the human, as slowly and painfully as possible. Zin'Onon, his followers, and the Spartan were all assembled in the main holding deck of the Night Stalker. Cheers and jeers coming from the Covenant army surrounding him and The Spartan added to the humiliation the human would face. Along with the pain. Especially the pain.

The Spartan was on his knees, his head bowed low to the ground. His hands and feet were secured with plasma shackles. If the human tried to break free, which it had on multiple occasions, the plasma in the shackles roasted his wrists and ankles. There was no escape for the Spartan this time.

Zin'Onon held an Energy Sword in his right claw. He was anxious for the human to suffer. However, before he caused him physical pain, Zin'Onon decided to cause him the worst pain of all. Utter despair, and absolute defeat. The human would finally realize that it had absolutely no hope left in him. Nothing could save it's miserable life now.

Zin'Onon pulled the human to his feet unmercifully. The plasma shackles around the human's ankles dug into his flesh and melted bone. Zin'Onon stared directly down into the Spartan's eyes, eager to see it's expression. He expected it to be full of despair, pain, and utter anguish, as it should be. He saw in the human's eyes something quite different. A different, rarely seen type of expression.

Calm anger. It was as if the human could not feel pain at all, and was completely at peace. Along with that emotion was a peculiar expression that Zin'Onon correctly interpreted as, "I'm not concerned in the slightest, you are going to die shortly."

Zin'Onon was enraged by the human's arrogance. How dare it mock the painful death it was about to receive! Zin'Onon backhanded the Spartan across the face as reward for it's determination. It flew in the air for a second, then painfully crashed onto the metallic flooring. The plasma shackles burned fiercely around the Spartan's hands and feet. The room fell completely silent. All were anxious to see what Zin'Onon would do next to the pathetic human.

Instead, the room was shocked to see the human rise to it's feet, despite the plasma shackles operating at full capacity. More shockingly, Noble Six found the strength left in him to speak. He raised his shackled hands at the crowd, and spoke with a voice that shook the Night Stalker,

"If they came to hear me beg, they'll be quite disappointed."

Zin'Onon decided that enough was enough. The human had to die for it's heresy. Now.

Zin'Onon raised his Energy Sword above the Spartan's head. There was no time for torturing the human any more. It's voice had to be silenced. Forever.

Just then, the most unexpected, pathetic thing happened. For a split second, the air was filled with one loud, quick pop. Every alien in the room was blinded by a white flash of light. It was seconds before anything could see anything again. Once Zin'Onon's vision cleared, he wondered if he had somehow been rendered unconscious. For packed together on one side to the huge room aboard the Night Stalker was a small army of pony warriors.

Zin'Onon, along with the rest of the Covenant crew, was having a hard time accepting that the pony army standing menacingly before them was real. As a result, none of them actually did anything but sit quietly and stare. Stupid Covenant.

Without warning, the largest pony in the formation cried, "Charge!" The Covenant army was taken completely flabbergasted. None of them were even armed with weapons besides for Zin'Onon. They thought their weapons too heavy to lug around to an execution for no apparent reason. Stupid Covenant.

Within about ten seconds, half of the entire Covenant army was utterly defeated. The other half ran helplessly through doors and down winding hallways. One Grunt had the sense to lock all the doors on his way out. He took all Honors classes in Covenant high school. Among those Covenant who ran was Zin'Onon, who left his Energy Sword behind in his frantic fleeing. Stupid Covenant.

Twilight Sparkle, noticing Noble Six still in shackles, rushed to his side and teleported them away. Six was free. Limping slightly, he walked to where Zin'Onon's Energy Sword lay pathetically on the ground. He retrieved it, and put it at his side. He turned, and stared in wonder at the pony army that had rushed to his aid. He himself was flabbergasted. Why would these ponies come to save him, even after everything he had done to them?

Princess Celestia seemed to read his thoughts.

"This may sound somewhat cliche, but we saved you because that's what friends do. Despite everything you did to our kind, and despite everything we did to you, you still came to our aid to defend Canterlot. As the old saying goes, one good turn deserves another."

Six was speechless.

"Are we good then?" Celestia extended her front hoof to Six. In turn, Six shook it.

"Indeed we are."