• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 12,335 Views, 306 Comments

The Sun and Moon - BurnedPigeon



What happens when the Sun and Moon are given a body of an alicorn? Come and join them as they set out in Equestria!

  • ...
28
 306
 12,335

Chapter 8

New Day

________________________________________

Throughout Canterlot Castle, shadows cover the corridors as the sound of an aimless wind passes through the empty halls. However, a warm light emits from the large windows that span across the stone walls, whereas light chases the shadows, bringing the walls to a brightening white.

Echoing through the air, the sound of hooves is heard as a shadow follows along a red carpet, stretching far through the hallway. The shadow then comes into the light of the hall, revealing a pink mare, gazing through the windows as green land stretches until meeting the borders of mountains, covered at the peak with snow.

"I guess Tia's done raising the Sun for now," says the pink mare with a smile. She then sits before stretching her forehooves into the air. "Mmmm… it's so good to be back home again!" she says before standing to her hooves. "Oh, better hurry. I don't want Tia to scold me again, hehe!"

The pink mare trots along the halls, turning her head from side to side as the stone walls and windows pass her view. "Hmm… I guess I didn't need to worry about the castle. All the girls did a good job keeping things nice and tidy while Lyrical and I was gone," she says, coming to a stop as her body shakes. "Geh, just thinking about it makes me wonder how angry Lyrical would get if the place wasn't kept in check…"

The pink mare trots again, keeping her eyes on the stone walls passing by her eyes. "Let's see, Tia said that the room should be right around… here!" she says, coming to a stop next to a white door. "So, behind this door is one of these so-called 'princes' I've been hearing about. I even begged Tia and Lulu to tell me about them, but they just said I should see them for myself!" she says, throwing both hooves in the air before sighing. "Ah, whatever, it's better to see them than thinking about how they would look like."

The pink mare then lifts a hoof before giving a few knocks on the door in front of her. "Hello? Is anypony there?" she asks before putting her hoof on the floor. "Hmm… I guess he's still sleeping," she says, blinking.

The pink mare's horn begins to glow in a blue aura, which the same glow covers the gold doorknob in front of her, twisting it. "Oh, it's open…" she says as the door creaks across the floor. She then peeks an eye through the opening of the doorway, glancing from side to side. "Hey, if you're there, I'm letting myself in!"

As the door opens in plain view, the mare's eyes dart about the room. "It's a bit dark in here…" she says, walking. She suddenly stops as her eyes lock in front of her, seeing a golden framed bed with a large lump on it, slowly moving up and down under the covers of a blanket. "That must be him…" she says, placing her hooves lightly on the red carpet below her.

As the pink mare moves to the far side of the bed, she stops as her eyes widen at the sight of an alicorn with a dazzling blond mane, glittering under the faintest of light. "Wow, so this must be Sun, huh? Those rumors about his looks are nothing to joke at…" she says, blinking. She then grins. I just got an idea, she thinks with a chuckle.

The pink mare turns around, walking towards a red curtain as her horn begins to glow blue, shrouding the curtain in a similar light. "Rise and shine, sleepyhead!" she says as the curtain quickly folds to the sides, covering the room in a blinding light. That should wake him up! she thinks with a giggle, turning around.

Sun quietly breathes as his eyes were closed.

Guess that didn't work… thinks the pink mare, pouting. She quickly walks to the bed, lifts a hoof, and nudges Sun's hoof. "Wakey-wakey, sleepyhead! Today's a new day!" she says with a grin.

Once more, Sun quietly breathes as his eyes were still closed.

Ugh! This guy is getting on my nerves! she thinks as a vein appears above her brow. She then leans over and grabs Sun's hoof before shaking it. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UP!"

Sun's eyes slowly open, blinking them a few times. He then sees a pink hoof in front him, which his eyes roll up, meeting face to face with another, the latter, smiling.

"Forgive me…" says Sun, blinking. "But whom might thou-"

"Hold that thought," says the pink mare, lifting a hoof. "First, lift yourself up before asking that. It's considered rude to others if you don't."

"Ah, forgive me…" says Sun, pushing himself up with his hooves. The blanket covered up to the nape of his neck slides off as he lies on the underside of his body, crossing his hooves.

Wow, he's huge… thinks the pink mare, lifting her head, and blinking with a slightly open mouth.

"Now then…" says Sun, looking down. "Whom might thou-"

"Secondly," says the pink mare, lifting a hoof again. "It's rude if you don't introduce yourself first."

Sun blinks his eyes. "Forgive-"

"Third, you apologize too much," says the mare, lifting a brow.

Sun hangs his head.

"Hahahaha!" says the pink mare, falling on her back as she clutches her stomach. "S-sorry, but you're just so gullible!"

The pink mare rolls onto her hooves, pushing herself up, and looks up to Sun.

"A-anyway," says the pink mare, wiping away a tear under her eye with a hoof. "I know who you are, Sun. Oh, and my name's Lovely Melody, but call me Melody for short!"

"Melody…" says Sun, blinking.

"Mhm! Don't wear it out!" says Melody, grinning.

"Now then, Melody…" says Sun, tilting his head. "Dost thou-"

"Fourth," says Melody, lifting a hoof. "I'm here because Tia sent me."

"Dost thou mean Celestia?" asks Sun.

"Yeah, but 'Tia' for short," says Melody.

"Ah…" says Sun, blinking. "Luna has addressed Celestia the same. I have been meaning to ask, but why do Luna and thee address Celestia in that manner?"

"Because it's cute," says Melody with a chuckle.

"Cute?" says Sun, tilting his head.

"Ah…" says Melody, blinking. That's right. Tia did say something about making things simple for Sun to understand. I don't know why, but she said she would explain it later.

"Melody?" says Sun.

"Oh, sorry," says Melody, rubbing a hoof behind her head. "Don't think about it too much. I just like calling Tia that because I want to. As for Lulu, it's just easier for her than saying Tia's full name," she says before rolling her eyes. Talk about lazy, if you ask me…

"When thou mention Lulu, dost thou mean Luna?" asks Sun.

"Yep," says Melody, nodding with a smile.

"I see…" says Sun. "Then does that mean I am able to address Celestia in a similar manner?"

Hmm… I wonder how that would go? thinks Melody, tapping her chin with a hoof. She then grins. "Sure, I bet she would like that!"

Sun smiles. "Then-"

"On one condition," says Melody, lifting a hoof. "Say it when you see her, okay?"

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

Wait, if I remember, the other prince's name is Moon. Maybe I should have him do the same to Lulu, thinks Melody, smirking.

"Melody?" says Sun.

"Eh-hem," says Melody, coughing into a hoof. "Yes?" she says with a smile.

"Since Celestia has sent thee, then dost thou require something of me?" asks Sun.

"Oh, right. Let me start over again. Sun, as you already know my name, I'm here to greet you as one of the head maids and personal maid to Tia," says Melody.

"I… do not understand…" says Sun, blinking.

"Let's just say I'm one of the ponies in charge of keeping the castle the way it is and to help Tia whenever I'm needed," says Melody with a soft smile.

"I see…" says Sun.

"Anyway, Tia has sent me to wake you up and bring you over to the dining room for breakfast. She also mentioned something about 'banana bread.' I don't know why, but Tia said that you would understand if you hear it," says Melody, rubbing her head with a hoof.

Drool begins to seep through the sides of Sun's mouth.

Oh, that's what Tia meant. Sun's just too honest with himself, thinks Melody with a chuckle. "But first, we'll have to get you ready for the day."

"What dost thou mean?" asks Sun.

"Well, let's see…" says Melody, pointing a hoof. "Your mane is a mess, and your eyes look like some dead fish. Since you're an alicorn, it's polite to make yourself presentable to others. I'm sorry, but your bread will have to wait," she says, sitting and folding her hooves. And your breath stinks!

"I see…" says Sun, frowning.

Pffft! Too easy! He's too easy to read! thinks Melody, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Then what tasks must I do to… prepare for the day?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Don't worry! Just leave it all to me!" says Melody, standing to her hooves with a grin.

________________________________________

Hanging from a ceiling is a crystal chandelier, reflecting a soft glow of light, coming from behind a red curtain to the far side of a dark room. However, a white door, with little light coming from under it, is blocked out by a shadow. Upon the door's gold doorknob, a pink aura covers it, twisting itself as the door creaks across the floor. As the door is fully opened, a shadow reveals itself as its pink eyes dart about the room while standing at the entrance of the doorway.

The shadow's eyes center itself and begin to trail through the darkness, passing a golden framed bed with a large blue lump, slowly moving up and down, before coming to a stop in front of a red curtain. Suddenly, the shadow lifts itself, placing two of its limbs upon the red curtain, moving it aside, and revealing a dark mare, standing in front of the bright light that covers her and the entire room. Turning her head, her eyes meet ice blue ones, the latter, staring at her with half-lidded eyes.

"Good morning, Moon," says the dark mare.

"Greetings…" says Moon, blinking. "Forgive me, but whom might thou-"

"Before I answer your questions, please lift yourself up from your bed," says the dark mare.

"Ah, forgive me…" says Moon, pushing himself up with his hooves. "Now then… whom might thou be?"

"As to your question, my name is Lyrical Note, but you may call me Lyrical if you wish. I'm also one of the head maids and Luna's personal maid," she says, bowing her head.

"Greetings, Lyrical," says Moon with a smile. "But… forgive me. I do not understand this 'maid' thou speakest of."

"Simply know that I'm responsible for keeping this place as it is now, and to always help Luna whenever I'm needed," says Lyrical.

"I see," says Moon, nodding. "However, Lyrical, dost thou require something of me?"

"Ah, yes. Luna has sent me in her place to wake you up, seeing that it's almost time for breakfast," says Lyrical.

"Breakfast?" says Moon, tilting his head.

"Luna has said that you would understand if I mentioned 'blueberry donuts,'" says Lyrical.

Moon's mouth slightly opens as drool dangles from the sides of his mouth.

"It seems that you understand. However, Moon, there is something I must ask you," says Lyrical.

"What is thy question?" asks Moon, blinking.

"When I entered your room, I noticed that you were sleeping without a blanket over yourself. Is there a reason why?" asks Lyrical.

"Ah, forgive me…" says Moon, frowning. "I must have forgotten since the bed felt quite pleasant after resting myself on it."

"I understand," says Lyrical, nodding. "However, I advise you to use the blanket next time. It would cause a commotion if a pony of your stature were to become sick."

"Sick?" says Moon, tilting his head.

"If I were to put it simple, it's something very, very unpleasant, and Luna would also be very worried," says Lyrical.

"Ah, I do not want to worry Luna…" says Moon, drawing his brows in.

"I would not want to worry her either. Now that you understand, please get out of bed and follow me. I will assist you in preparations for the day," says Lyrical, turning and walking towards the door.

However, Lyrical suddenly stops as her ears twitch at the sound of a loud thump. She turns her head, seeing Moon lying flat on his face while his hooves were tangled by his blanket.

"Are you okay?" asks Lyrical.

Moon lifts his head, blinking. "Ah, forgive me, Lyrical. I did not mean to startle thee…"

"It's fine," says Lyrical, sighing. "But you should be more careful next time. It would be troubling if you were to injure yourself."

"Forgive me…" says Moon, hanging his head.

"It's fine," says Lyrical. Her horn begins to glow pink, covering the tangled blanket around Moon's hooves in the same aura, which disappears in a flash of light and appears on Moon's bed, neatly tucked away.

"Interesting…" says Moon, blinking his eyes.

"It's only a simple spell. It's not something that you should be impressed by," says Lyrical.

"Nay," says Moon, shaking his head. "There are many things in this world that I wish to learn. 'Tis why I am truly glad to be able to walk upon it," he says with a smile.

"I see…" says Lyrical. Maybe this is why Luna has spoken highly of him.

"Lyrical, is something troubling thee?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"No, it's nothing," says Lyrical, shaking her head. "But more importantly, Moon, we must hurry. Luna is awaiting our arrival."

"Aye," says Moon, pushing himself up with his hooves. "However, Lyrical, what preparations must we prepare for the day?"

Upon Moon's question, Lyrical's eyes move from Moon's unbrushed coat to his curly mane.

"Lyrical?" says Moon, blinking.

"Oh, don't worry. Leave everything to me," says Lyrical with a glint in her eyes.

________________________________________

"U-um, sorry, Sun…" says Melody, rubbing her arm with a hoof. "I guess I kind of went too far…"

"'Tis fine…" says Sun, placing a hoof on the side of his cheek. "Though 'brushing the teeth' is quite unpleasant…"

"A-anyway, let's hurry! Tia and the others are waiting for us!" says Melody, quickly turning and trotting.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

Melody and Sun walk through the vast castle, passing halls with a large display of windows on the side of the walls, showing the city of Canterlot as the purple rooftops of buildings glitter while spiraling towers of gold reflect the warm sunlight under the blue sky.

"Isn't it amazing?" asks Melody, stopping as she gazes through the windows. "I never get tired of this view."

"Aye," says Sun, stopping behind Melody, and staring at the city below. "Words cannot describe it."

"Right?" says Melody, her eyes growing soft with a smile. "And to think Tia was keeping this place safe for a thousand years by herself. Well, until Lulu came back."

"Aye…" says Sun, drawing his brows together.

"Hmm?" says Melody, facing Sun. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asks, wrinkling her brows. "Did I say something weird?"

"Does that mean Celestia and Luna were not by each other's side for that period of time?" asks Sun, lifting his head, and staring at Melody with watery eyes.

"Oh… yeah. It's not exactly a happy story, now that you mention it…" says Melody, drooping her shoulders. "But don't you already know about it?"

"Aye…" says Sun, frowning. "And which I have come to know that Celestia is the same as I…" he says, walking ahead.

Wh-what? What did he mean by that? thinks Melody with wide eyes. She then quickly faces Sun. "Wait! What did you mean-"

"Melody, we must hurry, correct?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"U-uh, yeah, that's right!" says Melody with a smile. I guess it's best if I don't ask him. After all, it's probably something he doesn't want to talk about…

"Melody, is this perhaps the correct path?" asks Sun, pointing a hoof.

"Ah, wait, Sun! That's the wrong way!" says Melody, running ahead.

As Melody and Sun walk through the large white halls of Canterlot Castle, they occasionally pass by maids using cloths, covered in a similar light to the maids' lit horns, which are seen in the air as it wipes the large windows throughout the halls, while other maids are seen with a pair of a broom and dustpan, sweeping away the long halls of the castle. However, upon seeing Sun, the maids' lit horns quickly lose their glow, causing their tools to drop to the floor as they stare with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

Hmm… thinks Melody, her eyes looking to her side on Sun. Well, looking at him now, I guess it's obvious that any mare would find him to their tastes. But I never thought it was to the point that some maids almost dropped those expensive pieces of glass for the castle's windows. It's a good thing I was there… she thinks, sighing.

"Melody, are we perhaps there?" asks Sun.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, we're almost there. Just around this corner," says Melody.

"I see…" says Sun with drool seeping to the sides of his mouth.

"You really want that bread, huh?" asks Melody, raising a brow.

"Aye," says Sun, smiling.

Hehe. It's funny how Tia's the same when it comes to one of her favorite treats, thinks Melody with a small smile. "Well, don't worry. I'm sure there's a lot for you-"

"Oh, Melody, you just got back from your vacation?" asks a voice.

"Huh?" says Melody, facing the voice. Her eyes come upon a white pony with dark circles under his eyes, sitting to the side of a two-golden door. "Oh, hey, Highwind. And yeah, I just got back early this morning. But… what's wrong? Didn't get enough sleep?" she asks, raising a brow.

"Don't worry about it…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof under his eye. "Oh, and why did your cold-hearted sister tell me to come here, even though I'm so busy with the Royal Guard."

"Hey, she's not that cold!" says Melody, stomping a hoof. "Anyway, Tia and Lulu wanted you to come here, and told Lyrical to go find you."

"Oh, that's why," says Highwind, sighing. "Anyway, good morning, Your Highness," he says, facing Sun. It's because of you and Prince Moon's so-called 'gratitude' that I couldn't sleep!

"Good… morning, Highwind. Forgive me, but is this 'good morning' thou speakest of perhaps the same as goodnight?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

Great! Here's the first question of the day! thinks Highwind, sighing. "Yes, Your Highness, but just remember that it's used early in the day. Oh, there's good afternoon as well, but it's used during the middle of the day when… well, you'll know when to use it when the Sun is really high up in the sky," he says, rubbing his head with a hoof. Well, there's good evening as well, but I'm too lazy to explain it…

"I see…" says Sun, nodding. "Perhaps I should let Moon know this."

Yeah, you do that. That will save me the trouble, thinks Highwind, rolling his eyes.

"U-uh, Highwind, not to butt in and all, but why were you explaining something so, well, common?" asks Melody, blinking.

"Oh, that's right. You don't know about Prince Sun and Prince Moon's situation…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof down his face.

"Um, yeah. I mean, I just met this guy," says Melody, poking a hoof to Sun's side. "Should I know about something?"

"It's not my right to say anything, and I bet the princesses would rather explain it themselves," says Highwind.

"Oh, Tia did say that…" says Melody, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"Then why ask me about it?" asks Highwind, raising a brow.

"Oops, forgot," says Melody, hitting herself softly on the head with a hoof, winking, and sticking her tongue out.

Annoying… thinks Highwind, frowning.

"Highwind, forgive me, but where is Moon?" asks Sun, wrinkling his brows.

"Oh, he's not here yet, Your Highness. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be here soon," says Highwind, smiling.

"You know, smiling with your eyes like that is kind of creepy…" says Melody, shivering.

"Shut it!" says Highwind, glaring.

"Anyway, knowing Lyrical, I thought she would be here first," says Melody, rubbing a hoof to her head. "She's the type to-"

"MELODY!" says three voices, echoing throughout the hall.

Melody, Highwind, and Sun face the voices, seeing three familiar mares in a black and white dress running towards them. As the three mares close in, they suddenly jump towards Melody with their hooves in front of them.

"GAH!" says Melody as she and the three mares skid across the carpet floor.

"Why is it always like this?" asks Highwind, sighing.

Sun tilts his head at the four mares below him; a yellow mare, nuzzling against Melody's face, a lime mare, nuzzling against Melody's neck, and a blue mare with tears flowing down her cheeks as she rubs her face against Melody's chest.

"Melody, you're finally back!" says the yellow mare.

"It's nice to see you too, Vera," says Melody, rubbing a hoof over Vera's mane.

"You were gone for too long!" says the lime mare, glaring.

"Truce, we were only gone for a month," says Melody, raising a brow.

"I don't care! Make it shorter next time!" says Truce, pouting.

"Welcome back, Melody," says the blue mare, smiling, and wiping her tears with a hoof.

"Thanks, Risky," says Melody with a smile.

"Eh-hem," says Highwind, coughing into a hoof. "Not to ruin the moment and all, but would you guys stop it?"

"Don't be such a buzzkill, Highwind!" says Truce, glaring.

"Yeah, why should we?" asks Vera, narrowing her eyes.

Highwind rolls his eyes. "I know you guys are happy to see Melody, but don't just ignore our more important guest," he says, pointing a hoof.

Following Highwind's hoof, Vera, Truce, and Risky see Sun staring down at them, which their eyes shrink as they quickly stand to their hooves.

"U-um, good morning, Prince Sun!" says Vera, grinning.

"S-sorry! We didn't see you there…" says Truce, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"We're just happy to see Melody after so long," says Risky with watery eyes.

"Do not apologize. I understand that thou hast longed to see Melody because I wish to see Moon as well," says Sun, smiling.

"Speaking of Prince Moon, where is he, Your Highness?" asks Vera, blinking.

"I… do not know…" says Sun, frowning.

"Oh, don't worry, Sun. Moon's probably with Lyrical now because Lulu sent her to get him," says Melody, standing to her hooves.

"Oh great… I forgot that since Melody's back, the evil sister should be here too…" says Truce, biting a hoof.

"H-hey, Lyrical's not that bad!" says Melody, stomping a hoof. "She's just too shy to admit her-"

"Admit my what?" asks a voice.

Highwind, Vera, Truce, and Risky shudder at the voice, which they crane their heads, seeing a familiar dark mare.

"Oh, hi, Lyrical!" says Melody, waving a hoof. "We were just talking about your- BLEH!" she grunts as Lyrical hits her on the head with a hoof.

Vera, Truce, and Risky quickly cuddle, holding each other with their hooves as their bodies tremble.

"Will Melody be all right?" asks Sun, drawing his brows in.

"Don't worry, it's always like this…" says Highwind, sighing.

"Ow! Lyrical, that hurts…" says Melody with tears in her eyes.

"Then don't make up any lies about me," says Lyrical.

"What?" says Melody, blinking. "But-"

"Do I have to repeat myself?" asks Lyrical, clenching a hoof.

"N-no, sorry…" says Melody, hanging her head.

"Now that my annoying older sister is quiet, I see that we have quite the crowd here. Is there any reason for that, Highwind?" asks Lyrical.

"H-hey, I just came here like you asked, so don't drag me into this!" says Highwind, his face dripping with sweat.

"And what about you three?" asks Lyrical, facing Vera, Truce, and Risky.

"W-we just came to say hi to Melody!" says Vera, smiling as sweat runs down her face.

"Y-yeah, that's all!" says Truce, quickly nodding her head.

"Um, it's g-good to see you again, Lyrical…" says Risky with a wide grin.

"The same to you three as well," says Lyrical, nodding. She then faces Sun. "You must be Sun, correct?"

"Aye, and thou art Lyrical, I presume?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"Yes," says Lyrical, nodding.

"Greetings, though forgive me, but where is Moon?" asks Sun, frowning.

"Ah, he should be behind me," says Lyrical, turning around, seeing nopony in sight. "Please wait a moment, Sun," she says, walking ahead before turning a corner, and waving a hoof. "I'm over here."

"Ah, forgive me, Lyrical. The view of Canterlot is most interesting," says a familiar voice.

"It's fine, but please do not wander off next time. However, it seems there's somepony waiting to see you," says Lyrical, taking a few steps back, and pointing a hoof.

Appearing from the corner of the hall, a blue alicorn steps out in sight, gazing at Sun with wide eyes.

"Moon…" says Sun, smiling with a radiant glow in his eyes.

"Sun…" says Moon, smiling with a watery gaze. He then slowly walks up to Sun, lifting his face as his muzzle is within reach of Sun's. "We are together once more…"

Slowly, Sun presses his head against Moon's as they gaze into each other's eyes.

"Moon, I missed thee…" says Sun.

"Thou missed me?" asks Moon, blinking.

"As we parted ways, I did not understand, but… Celestia explained that the discomfort I felt is because I wished to see thee, to stand by thy side once more…" says Sun, wrinkling his brows.

Moon frowns, saying, "Forgive me, Sun. Even though I told thee to follow Highwind to thy room, it pained me to see thee leave. It seems that I missed thee as well…"

"But now we are together, and I wish to tell thee of what I learned," says Sun, smiling.

"Aye, and I wish to do the same," says Moon with a smile.

Looking at Sun and Moon, Highwind had a hoof over his face, while Vera, Truce, Risky, and Melody's mouths were on the floor. However, Lyrical watches from afar in silence.

Those two… I can't believe they're doing it again! thinks Highwind, removing his hoof from his face with flushed cheeks.

"Wh-wh-what's going on? Wh-why are they so close to each other?" asks Vera, her face brightening as red creeps from her chin to the tip of her ears.

"Forget that! I want them to do that to me too!" says Truce, biting the neck area of her dress and stretching it.

"Oh my…" says Risky, covering her bright red face with her hooves, but peeks through the gap between her hooves.

Lyrical taps her chin with a hoof. "Maybe it's because they're lover-"

"NO!" says Melody, quickly putting a hoof over Lyrical's mouth. "Don't make it more confusing than it already is!"

"Will you guys be quiet!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof. He then walks past the mares, stopping in front of Sun and Moon. "Prince Sun, it was only just for the night, but now you're back with Prince Moon again. It wasn't that long, right?" he asks with a smile.

"Aye," says Sun, smiling. "However, Highwind, 'twas thee that helped in my time of need. And for that, thank you."

"O-oh, it was nothing…" says Highwind, turning and rubbing the back of his head with a hoof. Wait, did he say thank you? Uh-oh… he thinks, his eyes shrinking. "Prince Sun, wait! There's no need to thank-"

Highwind's eyes widen at the soft touch of Sun's lips pressing against his cheek. He then looks up, his eyes meeting Sun's gentle gaze as his cheeks turn red.

Moon smiles, however, Lyrical, again, quietly watches from the side, while Vera, Truce, Risky, and Melody's mouths, this time, drop on the floor, cracking it.

Ugh! I can't believe I forgot all about that! thinks Highwind. Oh no! Those girls might misunderstand something! he thinks, his face dripping with sweat. He quickly turns around, only to come face to face with Truce, the latter, glaring at him with lifeless eyes. "W-wait, Truce! I can expla-"

"Why do you get a kiss from one of the two hottest ponies in Equestria!" says Truce, wrapping her hooves around Highwind's neck tightly. "Oh, I get it! You just wanted to do all the favors for them, so you can keep all the kisses for yourself!"

"Highwind, is that true?" asks Vera with a cold gaze.

"Wow, I didn't know you swing that way, Highwind…" says Melody, shuddering.

"S-sorry, Highwind, I don't know what to say…" says Risky, averting her gaze.

"Death sentence," says Lyrical, sliding a hoof across her neck.

"W-wait, what! No!" says Highwind, putting his hooves on Truce's, struggling from her grip. She's really trying to kill me!

Sun frowns as he stops next to Truce and Highwind, placing a hoof over Truce's. "Forgive me, little one, I believe we have not met."

"Huh?" says Truce, looking up. "O-oh, Your Highness, I guess I didn't introduce myself before," she says, releasing her grip on Highwind's neck.

S-saved! thinks Highwind, putting a hoof around his neck, and gasping.

"And what is thy name?" asks Sun.

"It's T-Truce…" she says, circling a hoof over the floor with red cheeks.

"Greetings, Truce. However, 'tis I that should apologize to thee…" says Sun, furrowing his brows.

"Wh-what for?" asks Truce, blinking.

"It seems that I have caused much trouble for Highwind, and I do not wish to see Highwind harmed," says Sun.

"N-no, it's not your fault, Your Highness. I guess I went a little too far…" says Truce, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"A little?" says Highwind, raising a brow.

"Will you shut it!" says Truce, glaring. She quickly faces Sun again. "A-anyway, it's me who should apologize," she says, smiling.

"Thank you," says Sun, placing his lips over Truce's cheek.

Truce's eyes change into heart shapes. "I can finally die happy," she says, sighing.

"See, Truce, you finally got what you asked for," says Risky, smiling.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," says Vera, giggling.

"About what?" asks Risky, blinking.

"Well, look," says Vera, pointing a hoof.

"Uh, okay?" says Risky, looking to her side, only to see blue. She slowly looks up, meeting a pair of ice blue eyes. "P-Prince Moon, do you n-need something?" she asks with wide eyes.

"If I remember, thou art the pony that had given me a towel, correct?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"Y-yes, Your Highness!" says Risky, nodding her head quickly.

"I still have yet to hear thy name," says Moon.

"I-it's Risky!" she says as her breathing grows heavy.

"Risky, I see. Now then…" says Moon, placing his lips on Risky's cheek.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! thinks Risky, her face coloring into a bright red. She gapes as Moon pulls his lips away, gazing at her with gentle eyes.

"Thank you…" says Moon, smiling.

"Y-you're welcome…" says Risky, covering her red face with her hooves.

"Aren't you glad you got one too, Risky?" asks Vera, chuckling.

"Y-yes…" says Risky, placing a hoof over her cheek.

"And what is thy name, little one?" asks Moon, facing Vera.

"Indeed. Moon and I have yet to hear thy name," says Sun.

"Oh, I'm Vera! Sorry that we forgot to tell you our names before…" she says, rubbing her arm with a hoof.

"'Tis fine," says Moon, smiling.

"And greetings, Vera," says Sun with a smile.

"Hehe…" says Vera, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof. "It's nice to meet you both-"

"Hey, Vera. Mind explaining about the whole, you know, kisses earlier?" asks Melody, raising a brow.

Lyrical nods her head.

"Oh, about that…" says Vera with red cheeks, and rubbing her arm with a hoof. "It's just Prince Sun and Prince Moon's way-"

"I'm guessing that's the princes' way of thanking somepony," says a sudden voice.

Quickly looking at the voice, a green eye peeks through the gap between the slightly open doors behind them. The two gold doors quickly shroud itself in a green light, creaking across the floor, revealing a green mare walking out before the doors behind her closes.

"Wiseheart!" says Vera, running before wrapping her hooves around Wiseheart.

"It's nice to see you too, Vera," says Wiseheart with a chuckle.

"How long were you there?" asks Melody, raising a brow.

"Oh, you know, from the whole 'kissy thing' with Highwind, Truce, and Risky," says Wiseheart with a smirk.

"Then you were there this whole time…" says Melody, sighing.

"H-how was your vacation?" asks Risky with bright red cheeks. Please forget about that embarrassing thing…

"It was nice since Melody and Lyrical were with me. Well, except that Melody was always trying out different foods and getting an upset stomach," says Wiseheart, sighing.

"But it was so good!" says Melody with a grin.

Lyrical rolls her eyes.

"Anyway, Highwind, what are you doing?" asks Wiseheart, raising a brow.

"Oh, don't mind me…" says Highwind, waving a hoof while pressing his head against the wall in front of him. Now rumors will spread about me and the princes…

"Truce, hi!" says Wiseheart, waving a hoof.

"Kisses…" says Truce with a deep sigh.

Wiseheart rolls her eyes. "And last but not least, Sun and Moon. I'm Doctor Wiseheart, but please just call me Wiseheart. It's nice to finally meet you both," she says, bowing her head.

"Greetings, Wiseheart," says Moon, smiling.

Sun nods his head, smiling.

"Tia and Lulu have told me a lot of you both," says Wiseheart, smiling.

"Lulu?" says Moon, blinking.

"Oh, about that. Moon, lower your head for me a bit," says Melody.

"Aye," says Moon, lowering his head.

Melody then whispers into Moon's ear.

"I see…" says Moon, nodding.

"Do that, okay?" asks Melody with a grin.

"Aye," says Moon, smiling.

"Hey, what did you just tell him?" asks Lyrical, glaring.

"Nothing," says Melody, whistling.

"Don't blame me for whatever happens," says Lyrical, sighing.

"Anyway, everypony, Tia and Lulu are waiting in the dining room, and there's much to explain about Sun and Moon," says Wiseheart.

"What about me, Risky, and Truce?" asks Vera.

"Of course! I already asked Tia and Lulu since I heard you three behind the door," says Wiseheart, smiling.

"Sweet! That means no cleaning for the day!" says Truce, clapping her hooves.

"Do you want more work to do?" asks Lyrical, raising a brow.

"I-I mean, after hearing from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna!" says Truce, her face dripping with sweat.

"Anyway, everypony, follow me!" says Wiseheart.

Wiseheart's horn begins to glow green, shrouding the two gold doors behind her in a similar light as it creaks across the floor. Opening in full view, Wiseheart walks through, while Sun, Moon, and the others follow behind.

In the dining room, a chandelier hangs from the ceiling as a long and wide table sits in the middle of the room, layered with a wide display of pastries across the table. However, sitting at the sides of the end of the table were two alicorns; one with a rainbow mane and another with a flowing purple mane, sitting in wait with a smile.

"Tia, Lulu, we're here!" says Wiseheart with a grin.

"Hello, everypony," says Celestia, smiling.

"Wiseheart, would you please stop calling me that," says Luna, glaring.

"But it's so adorable!" says Wiseheart, giggling.

"Right?" says Melody with a grin.

"Why me?" asks Luna, sighing.

"Now then, please make yourselves comfortable, since Luna and I have a lot to explain," says Celestia, gesturing a hoof.

"And there's plenty of food to go around," says Luna, smiling.

"Come on, girls!" says Vera, licking her mouth before running ahead.

"Vera, don't you dare go for those crème puffs! I saw them first!" says Truce, running ahead.

"Please wait!" says Risky, running ahead, only to fall flat on her face. She quickly jumps onto her hooves, shaking her head, before running again.

"Honestly, those three don't have any manners…" says Highwind, trotting ahead with a sigh.

"Please save some of those crème puffs for me too!" says Wiseheart, which the green glow over her horn fades as the doors behind her closes. She then trots towards the dining table.

"Please settle down, everypony. There will be more," says Celestia with a chuckle. She then faces Sun. "Sun, please sit next to me. There's something I want to show you."

"And you too, Moon," says Luna with a smile.

"Aye," says Moon, smiling.

Sun nods his head.

Sitting next to their respective alicorns, Sun and Moon look over the variety of pastries across the table, however, their faces begin to turn into frowns.

"Moon, is this what you were looking for?" asks Luna, pushing a plate of blueberry donuts with a hoof.

Moon's eyes begin to widen. "Aye," he says, drooling.

"Thought so," says Luna with a small laugh.

"Sun, as for what I said before, here's the bread I promised," says Celestia, pushing a plate of banana bread with a hoof.

Sun and Moon quickly lower their heads, taking a huge bite from their respected pastries. They close their eyes, chewing their food with a smile on their faces.

"Tia, Lulu, aren't those your favorites?" asks Melody, tilting her head.

"Well, yes, but now it seems there's somepony else who enjoys them as much as me," says Celestia, facing Sun with a soft smile.

"And I'm really glad to be able to meet him," says Luna, facing Moon with a soft glow in her eyes.

"Luna, is there something that you and your sister wanted to discuss with us?" asks Lyrical.

"Ah, about that," says Luna, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Tia and I wish to tell you all about Moon and Sun's-"

"Lulu, is there perhaps more of these?" asks Moon with a donut on his hoof.

"Forgive me, but I wish to have more of this bread, Tia," says Sun before lowering his head and taking another bite of his pastry.

"T-Tia?" says Celestia, blinking with red cheeks.

"Moon, wh-what did you just call me?" asks Luna, glaring with bright red cheeks.

Sun swallows before saying, "Is it fine to call thee Tia?" he asks, tilting his head.

"And I wish to call thee Lulu," says Moon, smiling.

"NO! I-I mean, Moon, please don't call me that!" says Luna, her face turning red as a cherry. It's really embarrassing when you're the one who's saying it!

"Sun, p-please do the same. However, did somepony convince you to do this?" asks Celestia, her face as bright as an apple.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"Who?" asks Luna, glaring.

"'Twas Melody," says Moon, pointing a hoof.

Looking at the said pony, Celestia and Luna glare while baring their teeth.

"Uh-oh…" says Melody, her eyes shrinking as sweat drips from her brows.

"Nothing, you said," says Lyrical, rolling her eyes.

"I-it was only a joke, hehe…" says Melody, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"And a joke I won't take too kindly…" says Luna, clenching a hoof.

"Melody, after this is over, I want to have a word with you…" says Celestia, tapping the table with a hoof.

"Well, it was all worth it in the end!" says Melody, grinning. Not to mention the look on Tia and Lulu's faces!

Celestia and Luna sigh before each pushing another plate of their favorite pastries to Sun and Moon, which they quickly take a bite and chew with a smile once more.

"Now then, everypony, as to what I was going to say before, I will now explain about Sun and Moon," says Luna.

"Oh, are they from some other place we haven't heard about before?" asks Vera with beaming eyes.

"Or maybe they're searching for a special somepony, so they can bring them back with them to their own kingdom!" says Truce, clapping her hooves.

"No," says Luna with a bitter smile.

"Aww…" says Vera and Truce, hanging their heads.

"U-um, I never saw ponies like Prince Sun and Prince Moon before, and they are the first alicorns I've seen that are stallions," says Risky.

"A very good point, Risky," says Luna, smiling. "It's because they are the first ones my sister and I have actually met."

"Wow, really?" asks Melody, blinking.

"However, Sun and Moon are much more than it meets the eye," says Celestia, furrowing her brows.

Highwind droops his shoulders, while Wiseheart lowers her head with wet eyes.

"I'm guessing it's something not very happy," says Lyrical.

"Unfortunately, yes," says Luna, wrinkling her brows. "That's why Tia and I are about to share this because we believe you all will be able to help them in the future."

"Then lay it on us! I'm sure we're ready to handle it!" says Melody with a wide smile.

"I'm sure you all will," says Celestia, smiling. "Now then, let's start from when Luna and I first met Sun and Moon…"

________________________________________

"WAHHHHH!" says Melody, tears spraying from her eyes like a fountain. "I-I wasn't ready for that!"

"Wh-what kind of story is that?" asks Vera, wiping away a large stream of tears from her eyes with both hooves. "Th-that's way too cruel!"

"H-how could anypony go through a life like that!" says Truce, grabbing a napkin from the table with a hoof and blowing her nose into it. "I-it's much sadder than any story I've heard when I was a filly!"

"I-I don't know what to say…" says Risky, tears falling from her face into a small puddle on the table below.

"Melody, stop crying. You're getting my mane wet," says Lyrical, pushing her sister away with a hoof.

"B-but I can't!" says Melody, wrapping her hooves around Lyrical. "It's just so sad!"

"W-well, I can understand…" says Wiseheart, wiping her tears away with a napkin. "When I heard about what Sun and Moon went through, I couldn't help but cry myself…"

"Yeah, just hearing it again is still a lot to take in…" says Highwind with teary eyes.

"Everypony, just take a moment to calm yourselves," says Celestia with a small smile.

"But, Tia, Moon and Sun really did go through a lot…" says Luna, facing Moon, the latter, taking another bite from a donut on his hoof, which his lips were covered with glaze.

"I know. It really does make our past seem small in comparison to theirs…" says Celestia, facing Sun, the latter, with crumbs of bread over his cheeks as he chews.

"Um, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, is it all right to tell us about this?" asks Vera, drawing her brows together.

"Yeah, I mean, it sounds like something that shouldn't be made light of, especially how rumors tend to spread like wildfire in Equestria…" says Truce, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Fair point. I wouldn't want ponies all over the place talking about my life's story…" says Highwind, frowning.

"I bet it's boring anyway," says Truce, smirking.

"I agree," says Lyrical, nodding.

"This is why I hate you both the most!" says Highwind, baring his teeth.

"Anyway, excluding that Twilight and her friends already know of Sun and Moon's situation, Luna and I have discussed this and it seems like it was a better idea to tell a few select ponies for now," says Celestia.

"But why us? I can understand Wiseheart since she is a doctor that specializes in alicorns," says Melody, blinking.

"Melody, you're my personal maid, and a friend I have known for years now. It's because of this that I trust you completely, and I wish for you to do the same for Sun," says Celestia, smiling.

"Hehe…" says Melody, her cheeks turning red as she rubs the back of her head with a hoof.

"The same for you, Lyrical. It may not have been as long as Tia and Melody, but ever since I came back to Canterlot, you were amongst the first ponies to stay by my side. Please treat Moon the same as you did with me," says Luna, smiling.

"I would be honored," says Lyrical with a small smile.

"Highwind, though you already know of Sun and Moon's past, since Shining Armor appointed you as his second in command of the Royal Guard here at Canterlot, you've been loyal and exceeded Luna and my expectations time and time again. That's why I hope for you to give some guidance to Sun and Moon when they need it," says Celestia, smiling.

"I would be glad to help, Your Highness!" says Highwind, puffing his chest out and saluting. But I hope I don't have to teach Prince Sun and Prince Moon things like how to use the bathroom or to wash themselves again…

"Vera, Truce, Risky…" says Luna, facing the said ponies.

"Yes, Princess Luna?" asks Vera, Truce, and Risky.

"Out of all the maids that Lyrical and Melody are in charge of, you three have shown much promise," says Luna.

"Really?" says Vera and Truce with beaming eyes.

"In what way?" asks Risky, fidgeting with her hooves.

"The friendship between you three rivals that of Twilight Sparkle and her friends. That's why Tia and I are wondering if you three would help Sun and Moon in the future," says Luna.

"Sure!" says Vera, clapping her hooves.

"I would be glad to help," says Risky with a small smile.

"Well, I do want more kisses, hehe…" says Truce, grinning with reddish cheeks.

"And what about me? Do I get a very emotional speech too?" asks Wiseheart, raising a brow.

"No," says Celestia with a smirk.

"Tia and I have no words for the pony that we owe our lives to," says Luna, chuckling.

"You know me well," says Wiseheart, raising her head high.

Everypony in the room laughs, except for Sun and Moon who were still chewing with a smile on their faces while rows of stacks of plates were lined up next to them.

"Moon, your face is dirty again…" says Luna, sighing. Her horn glows in a blue light as a napkin from the table lifts itself up in a blue light, and flies to Moon's face, wiping away the glazes from his lips and cheeks.

"Sun, slow down. There's still more bread," says Celestia with a small smile. Her horn glows in a yellow light as a napkin in a similar light flies to Sun, wiping away the crumbs from his cheeks and lips.

"Ah, thank you, Luna," says Moon, pressing his lips against Luna's cheek. He then pulls away, facing Luna with a smile.

"Celestia, thank you as well," says Sun, pressing his lips against Celestia's cheek. He also pulls away, facing Celestia with a gentle smile.

"O-oh, you're welcome…" says Luna, her face turning red as she fidgets with her hooves.

"I-it's the least I could do…" says Celestia, averting her gaze with a small shade of red in her cheeks.

"Oh-ho! This is the first time I've seen Tia and Lulu this close to another stallion," says Wiseheart, smirking.

"It looks like Cadance won't be the only alicorn that has a special somepony now," says Melody, giggling.

"They're a match made from the stars themselves," says Lyrical, nodding.

"I can hear the wedding bells ringing!" says Vera with a wide grin.

"They would make a perfect couple," says Risky, smiling.

"Aww, I want a kiss too!" says Truce, biting a hoof.

Ugh, mares… thinks Highwind, rolling his eyes.

"I-it's not like that!" says Luna, stomping a hoof. "Moon is important to me, b-but not in that kind of way!"

"Aye, Luna is important to me as well," says Moon, smiling.

"Oh, but Moon thinks of you in the same way," says Wiseheart, smirking.

"MOON, BE QUIET!" says Luna, glaring with red reaching the tip of her ears as bright as a cherry.

"Everypony, please don't tease me and my sister," says Celestia, sighing.

"And what do you think of Sun, Tia?" asks Wiseheart with a small smile.

"He is somepony that I can relate to in many ways, and somepony I can talk to as equals, but that is all," says Celestia.

"And what about you, Sun? What do you think of Tia?" asks Wiseheart.

"Celestia has taught me many things about this world and myself. 'Tis for that reason I wish to be of some use and to stand by Celestia's side," says Sun with a small smile.

"Wow! That almost sounds like a proposal to me!" says Melody, giggling.

"Tia, Sun's opinion of you is very honest. That's a plus in my book," says Wiseheart with a chuckle.

Celestia lowers her head, staring at the table below with bright red cheeks.

"Anyway, all jokes aside, there are some things I want to know," says Wiseheart.

"And that is?" asks Luna, blinking.

"How old are Sun and Moon? How are they able to speak in that manner without raising their voice? Many things," says Wiseheart.

"And how will you do that?" asks Truce, tilting her head.

"I'll show you, but I need Sun and Moon's permission if that's all right with the both of you?" asks Wiseheart.

"Aye," says Moon, smiling.

"Of course," says Sun, nodding.

"Great!" says Wiseheart, standing to her hooves. She then walks towards Moon, stopping in front of him. "Moon, please lower your head for me."

Nodding, Moon lowers his head, while Wiseheart closes her eyes and presses her horn against Moon's. Soon, Wiseheart's horn begins to glow green before covering Moon's entire body in the same light.

"Um, what's she doing?" asks Vera, blinking.

"It looks like some kind of scanning magic," says Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"Close, but it's entirely different," says Celestia.

"Then what kind of magic is it?" asks Risky.

"Apparently, Wiseheart covers her patients' bodies in her magic, which allows her to see these colorful lights," says Luna.

"And what are these 'colorful lights'?" asks Truce, tilting her head.

"The lights show information about her patients' bodies through various colors, but it's a unique type of magic that only Wiseheart can use," says Celestia.

"But why doesn't she use it on other ponies in the castle? I'm sure it would be easier for her," says Vera, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"She once tested it, but the pony who volunteered fell asleep for a whole day. However, alicorns are different since their bodies tend to hold a much larger amount of magic than normal ponies," says Celestia.

"It's this very reason why Tia and I decided for her to be our personal doctor, especially for other alicorns like Twilight Sparkle and Cadance," says Luna.

"Wow, that's kind of cool…" says Truce with wide eyes.

Afterward, the green light around Moon's body fades away as Wiseheart opens her eyes.

"That's strange…" says Wiseheart, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Is something wrong with Moon?" asks Luna, wrinkling her brows.

"I'm not sure, but I want to check Sun's body too," says Wiseheart, walking towards the said pony. "Sun, please lower your head."

"Aye," says Sun, lowering his head.

"It'll last a few seconds," says Wiseheart, pressing her horn against Sun's, which his body begins to glow in a green light. She then opens her eyes, blinking. "Okay, now that's weird…"

"Will Sun and Moon be okay?" asks Celestia, drawing her brows in.

"Oh, they're fine all right. But the thing is, despite their appearances, Sun and Moon are actually… newborns…" says Wiseheart, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"WHAT!" shouts everypony in the room, while Sun and Moon tilt their heads.

"Surely you jest, Wiseheart," says Luna, blinking.

"Oh, believe me, I'm not," says Wiseheart, pointing a hoof to Sun and Moon. "In fact, as of today, those two are now two days old."

"But what about their appearances? They don't look like newborns," says Celestia.

"That's what boggles me. Sun and Moon may be two days old, but their bodies are already matured for their age," says Wiseheart.

"Honestly, I'm not even surprised anymore. I mean, they are the 'Sun and Moon.' What else is there to know?" asks Highwind, shrugging.

"Oh, the fact there's nothing in Equestria that compares to their mental state," says Wiseheart, raising a brow.

"Come again?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"It's frightening, but…" Wiseheart trails off, facing Sun and Moon with tears flowing down her cheeks. "Seeing as they were in the stars, I can't imagine how they were able to stay sane after so long…"

Looking at Sun and Moon, Celestia and Luna begin to frown.

"O-oh…" says Highwind, hanging his head.

"However, I did find something else," says Wiseheart, wiping away her tears with a hoof, and smiles. "They're siblings."

"Oh yeah! I was wondering if they were related or not! But thanks for telling us!" says Melody with a grin.

"Oh, but here's my favorite part!" says Wiseheart, tapping a hoof to Sun's neck. "Have you all wondered how Sun and Moon are talking without yelling all the time?"

"Yeah, it's kind of weird, now that you mention it," says Vera, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"They're actually using magic that gives their voice that soft echo you hear all the time!" says Wiseheart, clapping her hooves.

"Isn't it just a simple amplify spell then?" asks Luna, blinking.

"Yes, but it's quite different. There's some kind of powerful magic inside their throat that won't weaken over time," says Wiseheart, rubbing her head with a hoof. "But, Tia, Lulu, if you're considering trying to disperse that magic, don't."

"Why?" asks Celestia, wrinkling her brows.

"Even I'm not sure what might happen…" says Wiseheart, furrowing her brows.

"Even so," says Luna, facing Moon. "Moon, at least you're on your way to learning magic now," she says, smiling.

"Aye," says Moon with a smile.

"But I do want to try this magic myself…" says Luna as her horn begins to glow blue, covering her neck in a similar light before fading away. "Now then, everypony, how do I sound now?"

"Wow, that's amazing, Princess Luna! You're talking like Moon and Sun!" says Truce, clapping her hooves.

"I'm impressed that you were able to figure out that sort of magic so quickly," says Wiseheart, blinking.

"Well, I am a princess, and I should be capable of this," says Luna, raising her head.

Celestia rolls her eyes.

"Eh-hem," says Luna, coughing into a hoof before facing Moon. "What dost thou think, Moon? I am now speaking in the same manner as thee," she says with a smile.

"Thou art speaking as thou hast spoken then. A time that I recall when thou were in the Moon. 'Tis that very day that I truly am glad to meet thee, Luna," says Moon, smiling with a soft glow in his eyes.

"Wh-wh-what are you saying!" says Luna as red rises from her chin to her ears. "I-it's me who should say that…" she says, tapping her hooves together.

"Honestly, you're so adorable when you're embarrassed, Lulu," says Celestia with a giggle.

"Stop teasing me, Tia! And you called me by that name again!" says Luna, baring her teeth.

"Aww, don't worry, Lulu! You and Moon can go flirt more afterward!" says Melody with a chuckle.

"Ugh!" says Luna, stomping a hoof. "I hate you both- OW!" she says, rubbing her neck with a hoof.

"Luna, what's wrong?" asks Lyrical, frowning.

"I'm not sure, but hold on…" says Luna as her horn begins to glow blue, covering her neck in a similar light before fading away once more. "Oh, now I see. Using this kind of magic puts a strain on your throat."

"If that's true, then it's surprising how Moon and Sun are still using that kind of magic," says Wiseheart.

"Celestia, couldst thou perhaps use the same magic as Luna?" asks Sun.

"Well, yes, but why do you ask?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"Forgive me, but I wish to hear thee speaking in the same manner," says Sun, smiling.

"Oh, nice one, Sun!" says Melody, clapping her hooves. "Tia, I'd like to see that too!"

"I'm sorry, Sun, but I would like to pass on that…" says Celestia, rubbing her arm with a hoof.

"'Tis fine…" says Sun, hanging his head.

"Oh, don't be like that, Tia. It's just a small favor," says Wiseheart with a small smile.

"And it's been many, many years since I last heard you speaking in the royal voice. It would be nice to hear it again," says Luna, smiling.

"I want to hear it," says Lyrical.

"Oh, oh, me too!" says Vera with a smile.

"Just once won't hurt, Princess Celestia!" says Truce with a grin.

"I would like to hear it too," says Risky, smiling.

"What's wrong with you guys!" says Highwind, glaring. "If Princess Celestia says she doesn't want to, then don't force her-"

"I'll dump a bucket of ice water over you when you're sleeping from now on," says Lyrical with cold eyes.

"O-oh, uh, on s-second thought, Princess Celestia, I'd like to hear it too!" says Highwind, grinning with sweat dripping from his brows.

"Fine, I'll do this just once…" says Celestia, sighing. Her horn begins to glow yellow, covering her neck in a similar light before fading away. "Sun, art thou satisfied with my voice?"

"Aye," says Sun, nodding. He then presses his lips to Celestia's cheek before pulling away. "Thank you," he says, smiling.

"Y-you're welcome…" says Celestia, her cheeks a shade of red while rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Oh come on, Tia! Talk some more!" says Melody, pouting.

"If thou continue to pester me, then know that thy punishment shall not be a light one…" says Celestia, glaring.

"Stingy…" says Melody, clicking her tongue.

"Idiot," says Lyrical, hitting Melody's head with a hoof.

"OW! Lyrical, what was that for?" asks Melody, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Don't push it," says Lyrical, glaring.

"You know, Tia, the way you talk is almost like you're a completely different pony," says Wiseheart, blinking.

"That's why I didn't want to do this…" says Celestia as her horn begins to glow yellow, covering her neck in a similar light before fading away again. "It doesn't suit me."

"Right? It suits Lulu better than you," says Melody with a small laugh.

"And what do you mean by that?" asks Luna, glaring.

"Oh, you know, 'Listen, my little ponies, for I am the Princess of the Night! Now, hear me roar!' Or something like that! Bwahahahaha!" says Melody, falling on her back and kicking her hooves in the air.

"O-oh my gosh, th-that actually sounds like her…" says Truce, her eyes tearing up with both hooves over her mouth. "Ahahahaha!" she says, clutching her stomach with her hooves and kicking the air.

"Mmph!" says Highwind, quickly putting a hoof over his mouth. His face begins to turn red as his cheeks puff out. He then falls on his back and kicks the air with his hind legs. "Gahahahaha!"

"S-sorry, Lulu, but that's actually how I see you," says Melody with a chuckle.

"I agree," says Lyrical, nodding.

"Same," says Risky, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

"It does suit thee, Luna," says Moon, smiling.

"Aye," says Sun with a small smile.

"E-even Moon and Sun say so! Ahahahaha!" says Melody, clutching her stomach with her hooves and rolls from side to side.

"I'm so sorry, Luna, but they do have a point," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"I hate you all…" says Luna with a bright red face while baring her teeth.

"All jokes aside, everypony, it was nice to have breakfast with you all, but I have some work to do today," says Wiseheart, smiling.

"Aww! Do you have to?" asks Melody, standing to her hooves with a frown.

"Of course, since now there are two more alicorns I have to file on," says Wiseheart with a giggle.

"Then, Wiseheart, thank you for today. We learned a lot about Sun and Moon because of you," says Celestia, smiling.

"We are in your debt again," says Luna with a small smile.

"Oh, hush, you two," says Wiseheart, waving a hoof. "It's the least I could do for my two favorite princesses. Anyway, you know where to find me!" she says, walking towards the dining room's doors. However, she turns around, saying, "Oh, before I go, there's one more thing I have to say to Sun and Moon."

"What dost thou require of us, Wiseheart?" asks Moon, blinking.

"Ah, it's not a favor or anything. I just want to thank you both," says Wiseheart, giggling.

"Strange, we have done nothing to deserve thy gratitude," says Sun, tilting his head.

"Oh, but you did. You came into Tia and Lulu's life…" says Wiseheart with a small smile.

"Wiseheart, if you're planning to tease Tia and me again, please don't," says Luna, frowning.

"I had enough for one day…" says Celestia, sighing.

"This time, I'm serious…" says Wiseheart with distant eyes. "Tia, Lulu, in the past, you both seemed so gloomy, despite that you were reunited after so long. I've kept quiet about this, but it hurts me just to watch…"

"I… don't understand…" says Luna, frowning.

"Wiseheart, Luna and I seem quite fine after all this time, but… why are you bringing this up now?" asks Celestia, drawing her brows together.

"Because I felt so helpless, even though I was your doctor for so long, I-I still couldn't do anything to help you both…" says Wiseheart with a stream of tears flowing down her cheeks. "B-but now that Sun and Moon appeared, your faces became much more bright and cheerful lately, and I don't need some magic spell to know after all the years I've known you two…"

"I-I guess I didn't really notice…" says Celestia, frowning.

"Same…" says Luna, hanging her head.

Vera, Truce, and Risky's eyes were overflowing with tears running down their faces as they wrap their hooves around each other. Melody also quickly wraps her hooves around Lyrical, nuzzling her teary eyes against her sister's neck, while Lyrical watches in silence with a frown on her face. Highwind sits quietly with an inward gaze while clenching a hoof.

"Sun, Moon, this is why I'm thanking you both. Not on my behalf, but for doing something for Tia and Lulu that I could've never done in my life…" says Wiseheart, wiping her tears with a hoof, and smiling.

"I see…" says Moon with a small smile.

"Then we accept your gratitude…" says Sun, nodding with a smile.

"A-anyway, I'm sorry I made it so awkward for everypony. I'll be taking my leave now…" says Wiseheart, bowing her head. She then turns around, walking towards the dining room's doors as her horn glows green, covering the doors in the same light. She then walks through the opening as the doors creak across the floor before turning around. "Bye!" she says with a grin as the doors close on her and its green glow fading away.

"Wow…" says Melody, frowning. "You know, I've never seen Wiseheart like that before. She usually has that easygoing personality, but I guess there's more to her than I thought…"

"That just shows how much she actually cares for others," says Lyrical, smiling.

"I guess we're lucky to have somepony like her," says Vera, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. She did take care of me when I wasn't feeling good…" says Truce, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Isn't that your fault for eating an entire tray of apple tarts from before?" asks Vera, raising a brow.

"I was hungry, okay!" says Truce, glaring.

"But still, to think that she actually thanked somepony she just met. I guess Moon and Sun must be very special," says Risky, smiling.

"Speaking of that," says Melody, facing Sun and Moon. "What do you both plan to do from now on? I mean, you were up in the stars for who knows how long, but now that you're here in Equestria, there must be things that you guys want to do, right?"

"I do wish to learn magic, though I am not sure…" says Moon, frowning. "There is much to learn about this world, but I have not yet decided."

"Moon, perhaps there is something we can begin with," says Sun.

"And what art thou suggesting?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"Our promises," says Sun, smiling.

"Art thou speaking of the 'Pinkie Promise' we made to certain ponies in Ponyville?" asks Moon, blinking.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"I see. Perhaps we should fulfill those promises then," says Moon, smiling.

"So, you both have already decided on what to do?" asks Luna.

"Aye…" says Moon, frowning. "Forgive me, Luna, but it seems there are matters I must tend to first…"

"There's no need to apologize, and a Pinkie Promise should always be kept," says Luna, smiling. It's a shame, but I wished that you would stay here at the castle a little longer, Moon…

"But I do wish to stay by thy side again soon. There is much I wish to learn from thee," says Moon, smiling.

"And what does he want to learn from you, Luna?" asks Celestia, raising a brow.

"Oh, you naughty mare," says Melody, smirking.

"Wow, Princess Luna, you sure don't waste any time," says Vera, giggling.

"Yeah, I'm impressed," says Truce, folding her hooves.

"Oh my…" says Risky, her cheeks slightly red while placing a hoof over her mouth.

"As expected of the Princess of the Night," says Lyrical, nodding.

Annoying… thinks Highwind, huffing.

"Y-you're wrong! It's not like that!" says Luna with a burning red face as sweat drips from her brows. "Moon j-just wants to learn magic, and I'm willing to teach him! Th-that's all!"

"You're planning to make him your student?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"Of course! Since he's the Moon, it's common sense that I should be the one to teach him!" says Luna, puffing out her chest.

"Hmm, that does make sense…" says Celestia, tapping her chin with a hoof. She then faces Sun. "Sun, do you want to learn magic from me?"

"If thou art willing to, then I shall accept," says Sun, smiling.

"Then it's settled," says Celestia with a smile. To think I would take in another student again… she thinks before facing Highwind. "Highwind, I know that you're very busy, but could you please bring Sun and Moon to Ponyville?"

"Of course!" says Highwind, saluting. "I'll get the chariot and guards ready for departure, so please bring Prince Sun and Prince Moon to the castle's entrance."

"Thank you," says Celestia, smiling.

"Anyway, I'll be going now. Oh, and thank you for the breakfast," says Highwind, bowing his head.

"And thank you for joining us," says Luna, smiling. "But, Highwind, even though you're busy, please don't overwork yourself."

"I'll keep that in mind," says Highwind with a smile. "Now then, I must be off," he says, standing to his hooves as he walks to the two-golden door, pushing against one of them with his body as he walks out before pushing the door back, closing it.

"Then I guess we should go too. There's a lot of things we have to do around the castle," says Lyrical.

"Aww, but I'm so full!" says Vera, pouting.

"Can't we just stay here for a bit?" asks Truce, folding her hooves.

"Just for a few minutes?" asks Risky, frowning.

"Or better yet, how about we relax for one more day, Lyrical?" asks Melody with a grin.

"We already had a month for vacation, and you and I are supposed to set an example since we're the ones in charge of all the other maids in the castle," says Lyrical, poking and rubbing a hoof on Melody's cheek.

"Ow, ow, ow! Lyrical, that hurts!" says Melody, rubbing her cheek with a hoof.

"As for you three…" says Lyrical, facing Vera, Truce, and Risky. "You don't mind if I increase your workload, right?"

"W-wait, okay! We're sorry!" says Vera, clasping her hooves together.

"Y-yeah, so please don't!" says Truce with sweat dripping down her face.

"S-sorry, Lyrical…" says Risky, hanging her head.

"Good. Now, go get ready," says Lyrical, pointing a hoof at the dining room's doors.

Slowly nodding, Melody, Vera, Truce, and Risky stand on their hooves, making their way towards the doors with their heads hanging.

"Luna, Celestia, thank you for the breakfast," says Lyrical, smiling.

"You're welcome," says Luna with a smile.

"But, Lyrical, please don't be too hard on the girls," says Celestia, wrinkling her brows.

"If I do that, they'll just slack off again. Besides, it's thanks to your sister that I became like this," says Lyrical.

"Luna, what is she talking about?" asks Celestia, frowning.

"Whatever do you mean?" asks Luna as sweat runs down her face.

"When I first became Luna's personal maid, she worked me to the point of death," says Lyrical.

"Luna…" says Celestia, glaring.

"U-um, sorry?" says Luna with a grin.

"Anyway, I'll leave that story for another time. Now then, I'll be going," says Lyrical, bowing her head. She then makes her way towards the golden doors, where Melody, Vera, Truce, and Risky stand in wait on the other side. "Moon, Sun, it was nice to meet you both," she says as her horn glows pink, covering the doors in a similar light before closing themselves.

"Well, everypony left, but what do you think, Sun, Moon? Aren't you glad to have met wonderful ponies?" asks Celestia, smiling.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"'Twas interesting to see that each pony is different," says Moon, smiling.

"Well, it looks like you've both begun to learn new things. However, as what you have said before, Moon, I would like the both of you to keep in mind that the ponies you meet from now on will be different in their own way," says Luna with a chuckle.

"It will also serve as a lesson of how each individual plays their part in making Equestria to what it is today," says Celestia with a smile.

"I see. Then perhaps there is more to learn about this world," says Sun, smiling.

"Aye, but there is something that troubles me…" says Moon, frowning.

"What is it?" asks Luna, blinking.

"I wish to have more donuts…" says Moon, placing a hoof on his belly as it growls.

"And I wish to have more bread as well…" says Sun, placing a hoof upon his belly as it growls as well.

Celestia and Luna burst into tears and laughter at the sound of Sun and Moon's rumbling stomachs, the latter, tilting their heads.

"D-don't worry, there will be more where that came from," says Celestia, wiping her tears away with a hoof. Honestly, these two are too honest with themselves, she thinks, smiling.

"I can't believe that you're both still hungry after eating so much," says Luna, pointing a hoof at piles of plates sitting next to Moon and Sun. But I guess that's what makes them unique in their own way, she thinks with a smile.




To be continued…