• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 12,335 Views, 306 Comments

The Sun and Moon - BurnedPigeon



What happens when the Sun and Moon are given a body of an alicorn? Come and join them as they set out in Equestria!

  • ...
28
 306
 12,335

Chapter 9

Old Faces and New

________________________________________

Under the warm gaze of the Sun, Highwind is seen in gold armor, trotting back and forth next to a drawbridge in front of Canterlot Castle. As time passes, his pace picks up as four figures are seen on the horizon of the castle's stone path.

"Ugh! Where are those three idiots! They should've been here already!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof. "When I get my hooves on them, I'll-"

"You'll what?" asks a voice.

Highwind cranes his head at the voice, seeing a blue alicorn with a raised brow.

"Oh, uh, n-nothing, Princess Luna…" says Highwind with a sheepish grin.

"Right," says Luna, rolling her eyes.

"Is something wrong, Highwind?" asks the white alicorn next to Luna.

"N-no, nothing, Princess Celestia!" says Highwind, shaking his head.

"Well, don't push yourself," says Celestia, blinking.

"Of course! A-anyway…" says Highwind, looking to a similar pair of alicorns. "Prince Sun, Prince Moon, how was your breakfast?"

"I enjoyed it," says Sun, smiling.

"I as well," says Moon with a small smile.

"Well, they did eat a lot. They each probably ate over thirty plates…" says Luna, sighing.

"Th-thirty plates!" says Highwind, his mouth hanging.

"It's been some time since I met ponies that ate so much," says Celestia, chuckling.

I kind of feel bad for whoever's taking care of those plates… thinks Highwind, frowning.

"By the way, Highwind, where is the chariot?" asks Luna, blinking.

"O-oh, about that…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof behind his head. "The guards I asked are still not here yet…"

"Well, I understand that they might be late because of a last-minute decision…" says Luna.

"What do you mean?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"You should probably ask them that yourself," says Celestia, pointing a hoof.

Looking up, a golden chariot is seen being pulled through the sky by three pegasi in gold armor. Quickly, they descend before making a smooth landing on the stone path next to Highwind and the others.

Slowly, Highwind stomps his way to the three stallions that were unhitching themselves from the chariot.

"O-oh, uh, hey, sir…" says a stallion, grinning.

"Yeah, hey, Pleasant," says Highwind, his eye twitching.

"Sorry that we're late, sir. We kind of had to do something…" says another stallion.

"I bet you did, Summer," says Highwind, clenching a hoof. "And what's your excuse, Top Notch?"

"J-just calm down a second, sir!" says Top Notch, his face dripping with sweat. "We really had something important to-"

"SHUT IT!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof. "I don't want to hear your excuses! Do you know how much of an idiot I looked like when the princesses showed up, and you three weren't here yet!"

"Highwind, please calm down," says Celestia.

"But, Your Highness!" says Highwind, facing Celestia. "It's my fault for their careless behavior. I should-"

"Highwind, you should at least hear them out first," says Luna, sighing.

"Oh…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof behind his head. He then looks to the three stallions in question. "S-sorry, guys, I didn't mean to-"

"So, Prince Sun, Prince Moon, is it true that you both came from a distant land?" asks Summer, raising a brow.

"Distant… land?" says Sun, tilting his head.

"Yeah, everypony in the castle's talking about it. Well, mostly mares…" says Pleasant.

"Forgive me, but I do not understand…" says Moon, frowning.

"See! I knew all those mares in the castle were just making it up! Now cough up those bits!" says Top Notch, pointing a hoof to Summer and Pleasant.

"DON'T IGNORE ME!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof.

"Yes, sir!" says Summer, Pleasant, and Top Notch, saluting.

"Ah, forget it…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof down his face. "Anyway, why were you guys late?"

"Oh, well, we were impressed with how much food the princes ate when we went to the dining room, so we kind of got sidetracked," says Summer, rubbing the back of his head with a hoof.

"Yeah, you should've seen it, sir! The princes were just gulping their food down like crazy!" says Pleasant, grinning.

"Meaning you three were slacking off again," says Highwind, raising a brow.

"You idiots! I thought we agreed not to say anything about that!" says Top Notch, glaring.

"Uh-oh…" says Pleasant, his face dripping with sweat.

"It just kind of slipped out…" says Summer with a sheepish grin.

"Oh, don't worry. I'll be sure to add more to your training regimen later, so look forward to it," says Highwind, smiling.

"Aww…" says Pleasant, Summer, and Top Notch, hanging their heads.

"But why were you guys there in the first place?" asks Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"It's because they wanted to ask if you could take a day off," says Luna.

"Me? Take a day off?" asks Highwind, pointing a hoof to himself.

"Yes. But honestly, how long does it take for you four to clear up a misunderstanding? Look, Moon and Sun are already taking a nap," says Luna, pointing a hoof.

Following Luna's hoof, Moon is seen resting his head against Sun's neck, while Sun rests his chin over Moon's head, both sitting up on their haunches as their chests slowly rise up and down with their eyes closed.

"They look so adorable. It reminds me of the days Luna slept while I carried her on my back when she was just a filly," says Celestia with a chuckle.

"T-Tia!" says Luna, stomping a hoof as her face turns bright red.

"Oh, Luna, you're just so adorable when you're flustered," says Celestia, smiling.

"Ugh!" says Luna, rolling her eyes. She then faces Highwind. "A-anyway, Highwind, the three of your guards asked Tia and I if you could take a break."

"But, Your Highness, there are a lot of things I need to do to keep the Royal Guard in check! There's no time for me to take even a single day off!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof.

"And that's precisely why Luna and I agreed for you to rest at least for a day. We're worried that you might overwork yourself," says Celestia, frowning.

"But… if I did take a break, what should I do for the whole day?" asks Highwind, sighing.

"It's a good thing Moon and Sun are going to Ponyville, so Tia and I are wondering if you could go with them. It might be good for you to take a look around and enjoy yourself, and we would appreciate it if you could look after Moon and Sun while you're there with them," says Luna, smiling.

"W-well, if you both say so, then I guess I wouldn't mind looking after the princes, and taking a break once in a while wouldn't hurt…" says Highwind with a small smile.

"Then it's settled," says Celestia, smiling as her horn glows yellow, which a similar light shrouds Highwind before causing a bright flash, revealing Highwind without his gold armor.

"U-um, Your Highness, where's my armor?" asks Highwind, turning his head and facing his body.

"It's currently in your room. Besides, there's no point in bringing your armor when taking some time off, right?" asks Celestia, giggling.

"I guess so…" says Highwind, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Were you actually thinking of bringing your armor along?" asks Luna, raising a brow.

"Y-yes…" says Highwind with a sheepish grin.

Luna rolls her eyes before facing Summer, Pleasant, and Top Notch. "As for you three, please get ready for departure."

"Yes, Your Highness!" says Summer, Pleasant, and Top Notch, saluting.

"Good. Now then…" says Luna, facing Sun and Moon. "Moon, Sun, wake up!"

Moon slowly opens his eyes before blinking them. He then pulls his head away from Sun's neck before rubbing a hoof to his eye, while Sun quickly falls to the ground, face first, before lifting his head up and blinking his eyes open.

"Ah, good morning, Luna," says Moon, smiling. He then turns to his side before tilting his head. "Sun, art thou resting still?"

"Nay…" says Sun, pushing himself up with his hooves before rubbing a hoof to his eye. "Though I still wish to…"

"Well, that's something you don't see quite often," says Top Notch with a chuckle.

"As always, they're going at their own pace…" says Highwind, sighing.

"Pfft! The princes are weird," says Summer with a snicker.

"Haha, I can't say I don't like it though. They're funny," says Pleasant, smiling.

"Well, that's just how they are," says Luna, smiling.

"I have to agree with that," says Celestia with a giggle.

"However, why are you three not preparing the chariot for departure?" asks Luna, raising a brow.

"Forgive us, Your Highness!" says Summer, Pleasant, and Top Notch, grinning with sweat dripping down their faces. They quickly turn around before running towards the chariot.

"Oh!" says Top Notch, quickly stopping and turning. "Prince Sun, Prince Moon, please follow us!" he says before turning and running towards the chariot.

"Sun, let us follow them," says Moon, smiling.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"Once again, I'm sorry for the behavior of those three…" says Highwind, frowning.

"It's fine," says Luna, smiling.

"Oh, before I forget. Highwind, I've already let Twilight know that Sun and Moon are coming to visit Ponyville. She should be waiting at Town Hall. Ah, and please bring Sun and Moon back to the castle during the evening. Twilight will let you know in case you forget," says Celestia.

"Also, Tia and I prepared a bag of bits. It should be in the saddlebag on the chariot," says Luna.

"Are the bits for something, Your Highness?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"To buy some food at the marketplace in Ponyville. In case Moon and Sun get hungry," says Luna with a chuckle.

"Oh, right…" says Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"You're free to use those bits to buy some food for yourself as well, Highwind," says Luna, smiling.

"In that case, I'll take you up on your offer. Thank you," says Highwind, smiling.

"Well, we shouldn't keep you waiting any longer," says Celestia.

"But there's one more thing Tia and I would like to remind you, Highwind," says Luna.

"What is it?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Please keep Moon and Sun safe…" says Luna, frowning.

"They're both still new to this world, and Luna and I are worried about nopony being there to guide them. Honestly, we would take Sun and Moon to Ponyville ourselves, but we can only rely on you since you know how busy we are…" says Celestia, sighing.

"Don't worry, Your Highnesses!" says Highwind, puffing his chest out. "I swear on my pride as the commander of the Royal Guard! I won't let you both down!"

"I know you won't," says Luna, smiling.

"Now then, go on," says Celestia with a chuckle.

"I'll be off then," says Highwind, grinning. He then turns before trotting off to the chariot.

"So, what did the princesses say, sir?" asks Top Notch, raising a brow.

"Just to keep watch over the princes," says Highwind.

"Ah, babysitting, I see," says Summer, smirking.

"Don't make me add more to your training," says Highwind, glaring.

"I-I was just kidding!" says Summer with sweat dripping from his brows.

"Anyway, aren't you glad you get to take a day off?" asks Pleasant, chuckling.

"Thanks to you guys. But I'm wondering why you three asked the princesses in the first place? It's not like you guys to do something this nice. Actually, what are you three planning?" asks Highwind, glaring.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" asks Summer, rubbing an arm with a hoof. Uh-oh! He's starting to suspect us!

"Y-yeah! Maybe you just really need the day off, sir! I'm sure you're tired!" says Top Notch with a sheepish grin. We're done for if he finds out that we wanted him to take the day off, so we could slack off for today! It's because he keeps working us and the other guards to death!

"Wh-what they said!" says Pleasant, sweat dripping down his face. "It's not like we asked the princesses for you to take the day off, so we could slack off for the day! Right, guys?"

Summer and Top Notch crane their heads to Pleasant, their eyes turning dull as dead fishes.

"Uh-oh…" says Pleasant, his eyes shrinking.

"Oh, I see…" says Highwind, tapping his chin with a hoof. "I have to praise you three for coming up with a plan like that. Well, it doesn't matter since I'll let you guys off this once," says Highwind, smiling.

"R-really?" says Pleasant, Summer, and Top Notch with tears welling up in their eyes.

"But just know that tomorrow, I'll be doubling the training you and the other guards usually do. Oh, I'll also let the other guards know that it was you three that caused all of this," says Highwind, grinning.

Pleasant, Summer, and Top Notch's faces turn blue as their bodies begin to shudder.

We're so dead… thinks Summer, gulping.

The other guards will kill us… thinks Top Notch with sweat dripping down his entire body.

"Come on, sir! Y-you're joking, right? If you tell the others, they'll really kill us!" says Pleasant as tears stream down his cheeks.

And who's fault is that! thinks Summer and Top Notch, glaring at Pleasant.

"Oh, not my problem, that's for sure. But remember not to do this again, okay?" asks Highwind, smiling.

"Yes, sir…" says Pleasant, Summer, and Top Notch, hanging their heads.

"Anyway, sorry for keeping you both waiting, Your Highnesses," says Highwind, facing Sun and Moon.

"'Tis fine, Highwind," says Sun, nodding.

"I understand that thou art tending to important matters," says Moon, smiling.

"Thanks for understanding, Your Highnesses," says Highwind, smiling. "Now then, we should be going now," he says while hitching himself to the chariot.

"Uh, sir, what are you doing?" asks Top Notch, blinking.

"Getting ready to pull the chariot. What else?" asks Highwind, raising a brow.

"But it's your day off. We can't let you do that," says Summer.

"Yeah, you should just leave this to us," says Pleasant, smiling.

"Then what else should I do!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof.

"Duh, just sit with the princes," says Summer, rolling his eyes.

"Besides, there's been rumors going around the castle lately," says Pleasant with a wide grin.

"What rumors?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"That you and the princes get along quite well," says Top Notch, smirking.

"Oh, Your Highnesses, is it okay if Commander Highwind sits with you two?" asks Pleasant, facing Moon and Sun.

"Of course," says Sun, smiling.

"Highwind is always welcome to join us," says Moon with a smile.

"So, there you have it," says Top Notch, smirking.

"Yeah, so hurry it up and sit with them!" says Summer with a wide grin.

Oh no! It's happening! I bet it was either Melody, Lyrical, or those three idiot maids spreading rumors about me and the princes! thinks Highwind before facing Sun and Moon, the latter, both smiling at him with a warm gaze, while his face turns blue.

"What are you waiting for, sir? Go sit with them and we can finally leave!" says Pleasant.

"Y-you're wrong! The princes and I are not like that!" says Highwind, his face turning red.

"Oh, but we didn't say anything about you and the princes being that way," says Summer, smirking.

"Care to explain?" asks Top Notch with a chuckle.

"Geh!" says Highwind, his face turning bright red as sweat drips down his face. "Ugh! Fine! I'll sit with them, just to make you three shut it!" he says, trotting quickly to the back of the chariot as Sun and Moon each move to the side while he jumps before sitting between them. "There! Happy!"

"Come on, sir! We're just joking around!" says Summer, chuckling.

"Yeah, just a prank!" says Pleasant, grinning.

"Yeah, don't be mad! Unless… you really do swing that way?" asks Top Notch, smirking.

"Ugh! Just go already!" says Highwind, his face turning beet red while folding his hooves.

"Yes, sir!" says Pleasant, Summer, and Top Notch with a small laugh.

As Pleasant, Summer, and Top Notch quickly run across the stone path, pulling the chariot behind, they suddenly lift off towards the sky. Celestia and Luna gaze from afar, watching the chariot growing smaller in the distance.

"There they go…" says Luna, frowning.

"They sure took quite a while to leave, right?" asks Celestia, chuckling.

"It's because those three guards kept teasing Highwind," says Luna, rolling her eyes.

"That just shows how much Highwind has grown closer towards his fellow guards," says Celestia, smiling.

"Yeah, but… it wasn't like that when Highwind was first appointed as the commander of the Royal Guard. It was quite disheartening seeing him being treated that way from the other guards in the past…" says Luna, furrowing her brows.

"Yes…" says Celestia, frowning.

"His situation was similar…" says Luna, clenching her teeth. "Similar to mi-"

"Luna, enough…" says Celestia.

"S-sorry…" says Luna, hanging her head.

"It's fine…" says Celestia, sighing. "We should go. Today's another busy day for me, and you should go rest before night, Luna."

"You go ahead. I'll be staying here for a bit," says Luna with a small smile.

"Worried about Moon?" asks Celestia with a giggle.

"Don't even start about that…" says Luna, pouting.

"I won't. Besides, I'm also worried about Sun, but they'll be okay since Highwind's with them, and Twilight will be there as well," says Celestia with a small smile.

"I guess you're right. Just go on, Tia. I'll be returning to my room later," says Luna, smiling.

"Okay, but if you need me, you know where to find me," says Celestia.

"Yes, yes," says Luna, rolling her eyes.

Celestia chuckles before turning and walking towards the castle, while Luna turns and lifts her head, gazing at the sky.

"Moon, I hope you enjoy yourself," says Luna, smiling.

"Oh, I'm sure he will," says a voice, chuckling.

"N-no…" says Luna, her eyes shrinking. "Why are you-"

"Talking?" asks the voice.

"NO! Why are you free?" asks Luna, baring her teeth.

"Oh, Lulu, it's been quite some time since we last spoke, and that's the first thing you ask me instead of how well I've been doing?" asks the voice.

"Don't you ever call me that! And I don't care about your well-being!" says Luna, stomping a hoof and cracking the stone path.

"How cruel! Is that how you treat your guests?" asks the voice.

"Enough! I thought I sealed you away deep inside my consciousness! So why are you free!" says Luna, her nostrils flaring as her breathing grows heavy.

"Well, there's a lot to explain, and I'm sure you'd like to speak with me personally. So, why don't you come on over and visit me? You know, in the dream world," says the voice with a small laugh.

"You're right! I'm coming over right now!" says Luna as her horn glows blue before a bright flash emits from her horn. As the flash of light disappears, a rift is seen in front of her before she slowly walks through it, which the rift closes, disappearing into thin air.

________________________________________

"There, guys!" says Highwind, pointing a hoof at a purple mare waving a hoof from below. "Land there!"

"Yes, sir!" says Summer, Pleasant, Top Notch.

As the chariot descends to a small town below, it quickly comes to a smooth landing next to a building with flags flowing in the air. However, a purple mare is seen standing in front of the building with a wide grin before running to the chariot.

"Sun, Moon, you're finally here!" says the purple mare, stopping next to the chariot.

"Ah, greetings, Twilight Sparkle," says Sun, smiling.

"We meet again," says Moon with a small smile.

"Geez, I know I mentioned my full name when I first met you guys, but you can just call me Twilight," she says with a small laugh.

"Thy suggestion is much preferable, Twilight," says Moon, smiling.

"Then Twilight it is," says Sun, nodding.

"Okay, Prince Sun, Prince Moon, out of the chariot. You can talk to the princess after that," says Highwind, picking up a saddlebag with his mouth before swinging and placing it on his back.

"Aye," says Moon, lowering himself from the chariot.

Sun nods before following Moon.

"Wait, you're… Commander Highwind, right?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Good morning, Your Highness," says Highwind, bowing his head. "But if you want, just Highwind is fine."

"O-oh, sure. Sorry, I didn't recognize you without your armor," says Twilight, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Don't worry. I get that all the time," says Highwind, jumping off the chariot. "Anyway, Pleasant, Summer, Top Notch, go back to the barracks and tell the others that they're free to do whatever they want for the day. Oh, and please bring the chariot back here during the evening to pick us up."

"Yes, sir!" says Summer, Pleasant, and Top Notch, saluting.

"Ah, now I remember. Thou art the ponies that aided Moon and I, correct?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Yes, Your Highness," says Top Notch, nodding. "Oh, I think we forgot to introduce ourselves properly to you both yesterday. In that case, I'm Top Notch."

"I'm Summer Set!" he says, smiling.

"And I'm Pleasant Breeze!" he says, grinning.

"I see," says Sun, smiling.

"Since thou art leaving, perhaps Sun and I could thank thee?" asks Moon with a smile.

"O-oh, uh, it's fine, Your Highnesses!" says Top Notch, his face turning blue. It's just like yesterday!

"Y-yeah! It's the least we could do!" says Summer, his face turning blue while sweat drips down his face. This is bad! This is bad!

"A-anyway, we have to go!" says Pleasant with a wide grin and a blue face. I'd rather die than be kissed by them!

Top Notch, Summer, and Pleasant face each other before quickly nodding. They then run across the ground before taking off in the air with the chariot behind them.

"Moon, we have not thanked them yet…" says Sun, hanging his head.

"Aye…" says Moon, frowning.

"D-don't worry, Your Highnesses! I'm sure you will get your chance someday!" says Highwind with a small laugh before sighing. He then faces Twilight. "Sorry that you had to see that…"

"W-well, I can understand why those three would want to leave quickly since I've seen how bold Sun and Moon can be…" says Twilight, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Especially what they did with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna when you and your friends were there yesterday…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof down his face.

"Y-yeah, I've never seen anypony kiss the princesses out of the blue like that…" says Twilight, her face turning red.

"A-anyway, Princess Twilight, since Princess Celestia noticed you in advance about our visit, is there a reason that you wanted to meet here instead of your home?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Well, it's because of the message Celestia sent about Sun and Moon. While reading through it, I kind of thought that I should show them around Ponyville. But I was really shocked to know that Sun and Moon are actually newborns…" says Twilight, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Honestly, I couldn't believe it at first, but since it's Doctor Wiseheart's magic that told us more about them, I had to believe it…" says Highwind, sighing.

"But it's interesting to know that Moon and Sun are using a sort of amplify spell to talk like that!" says Twilight, clapping her hooves together. "Maybe I should try it out-"

"Eh-hem!" says Highwind, raising a brow.

"U-uh, sorry! I was getting carried away…" says Twilight with a sheepish grin.

"I know. I heard you're eager to learn about new things," says Highwind with a small laugh.

"Y-yeah…" says Twilight, coughing into a hoof with red cheeks. "A-about what we were talking about, I thought I'd show Moon and Sun around town since they don't know much about our world, so I started first with introducing them to the mayor."

"O-oh, I see…" says Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"What? Did I say something weird?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"About that…" says Highwind, putting his hooves together. "Prince Sun and Prince Moon kind of already met-"

"Princess Twilight!" says a voice.

Highwind and Twilight look to the voice, seeing a tan mare trotting over to them with a smile.

"Oh, morning, Mayor Mare!" says Twilight with a smile.

"What are you doing here? Is there something you need from me?" asks Mayor Mare, stopping next to Twilight.

"I'm just here as a guide to show some guests around Ponyville," says Twilight.

"Guests?" says Mayor Mare, facing Highwind, the latter, grinning and waving a hoof. "Wait, aren't you… Commander Highwind?"

"You can just call me Highwind, and it's nice to see you again," says Highwind, smiling.

"You look different without your armor," says Mayor Mare, blinking.

"Y-yeah, I get that all the time…" says Highwind, sighing.

"W-wait a minute…" says Twilight, rubbing her head with a hoof. "You both already met?"

"Yesterday, to be precise," says Mayor Mare.

"Oh, and if you're wondering why I'm here, Mayor Mare, I'm here on break and to watch over our two weird princes," says Highwind, smiling.

"Y-you mean…" says Mayor Mare, her mouth opening slightly. She then looks past Highwind, seeing two familiar alicorns. "Sun, Moon!"

Looking to the voice, Sun and Moon quickly notice Mayor Mare as both their eyes widen before growing into a soft gaze.

"Mayor Mare," says Sun, smiling.

"'Tis good to see thee again," says Moon with a smile.

"Oh, you two!" says Mayor Mare, running over to Sun and Moon with tears trailing down her cheeks before stopping next to them. "I was so worried about you both!"

"Forgive us…" says Sun, frowning.

"We did not mean to worry thee…" says Moon, hanging his head.

"I-it's fine!" says Mayor Mare, lifting her glasses with a hoof and wiping the tears from her eyes with another hoof. "Anyway, have you both found what you were searching for?"

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"If you did, then who was the Azure One?" asks Mayor Mare, blinking.

"Luna," says Moon, smiling.

"It was Princess Luna all along!" says Mayor Mare with wide eyes. She then smiles. "I should've known it was her since she's similar to you, Moon."

"And because of thy aid, Sun and I were able to meet Luna," says Moon with a radiant glow in his eyes.

"Oh, enough! I would do whatever I can to help you two! But for now, I'm just glad you both are okay!" says Mayor Mare, chuckling. "Now then, both of you lower your faces for me!"

Nodding, Sun and Moon lower their heads, while Mayor Mare walks towards them, wrapping her hooves on each of their faces, which the three close their eyes with a smile on their faces.

"H-hey, Highwind…" says Twilight with wide eyes and a beet red face. "Did something happen when I wasn't here?"

"Uh, about that…" says Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof. "Remember when I told you yesterday about Mayor Mare's letter? Well, that's what led to the princes coming to Canterlot Castle to meet you. Well, supposed to meet you…"

"So that's what happened! Ugh, I was excited to show Sun and Moon around Ponyville that I forgot all about that…" says Twilight, placing a hoof over her face.

However, a gray blur zooms past Highwind and Twilight before slamming into the left side of Sun, colliding into Moon as the three skids over the ground.

"Well, I had a feeling she was going to show up sooner or later…" says Mayor Mare, sighing.

"Moon, Sun, you're back!" says a gray mare, standing on top Moon and Sun with a wide smile on her face.

"Ah, greetings, Derpy," says Sun, smiling.

"Thou still greet Sun and I in unusual ways," says Moon with a smile.

"Hehe!" says Derpy, grinning and rubbing a hoof behind her head.

Twilight's jaw drops before facing Highwind with a glare.

"O-oh, did I forget to mention that it was her that delivered the letter?" says Highwind, grinning with sweat trailing down his face.

"Yeah, thanks for letting me know," says Twilight, rolling her eyes. She then faces Derpy. "Hey, Derpy!"

"Huh? Oh, hi, Princess Twilight!" says Derpy, waving a hoof.

"It's nice to see you, but can you please get off Sun and Moon!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"O-oh!" says Derpy, quickly hopping off Moon and Sun.

"Sun, Moon, are you okay?" asks Twilight, frowning.

"Aye," says Moon, smiling.

Sun nods his head.

"That's good…" says Twilight, sighing. I don't know what Celestia and Luna would do to me if Sun and Moon were to get hurt!

"S-sorry, Princess Twilight…" says Derpy, hanging her head.

"It's fine. But what are you doing here?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Well, I just finished delivering letters, and I was on my way home until I noticed Sun and Moon here!" says Derpy, jumping up and down with a grin.

"I understand how you feel, but just don't ram into them like that, okay?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"Sure!" says Derpy, smiling.

"Anyway, since Moon and Sun already met Mayor Mare…" says Twilight, facing the alicorns in question. "Sun, Moon, I heard from Celestia that there were some ponies you wanted to meet?"

"Aye," says Sun.

"Then tell me their names and I can probably lead you to them," says Twilight.

"Mayor Mare is one of them," says Sun, smiling.

"Oh, Sun!" says Mayor Mare, chuckling with a shade of red in her cheeks.

"And Derpy as well," says Moon with a smile.

"Hehe!" says Derpy, rubbing a hoof to her head with red cheeks. "Oh, Sun, Moon, since you're here, maybe I can introduce you both to Dinky!"

"Ah, perhaps, but I wish to meet the others first," says Sun.

"Who in particular?" asks Twilight.

"Sun, perhaps we could meet with Bon Bon and Rose?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"Aye," says Sun, smiling.

"Then, Twilight, Sun and I wish to meet Bon Bon and Rose," says Moon with a smile.

"That's surprising…" says Twilight, blinking.

"Is something wrong?" asks Moon, frowning.

"N-no, it's just that I didn't expect you both to mention them out of all the ponies in Ponyville…" says Twilight, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Is there a reason why?"

"Rose and Bon Bon are the first ponies to aid us after our arrival in Ponyville," says Sun.

"And we are thankful to them both," says Moon, smiling.

"I see. Then I guess I should thank them for helping you two as a fellow alicorn," says Twilight, chuckling. "Anyway, I think I know where to find them, so follow me."

"Oh, oh, can I come?" asks Derpy, jumping up and down.

"You're coming along too! It would be weird if you're not there to introduce Dinky to Sun and Moon, right?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"I guess I never thought of it that way…" says Derpy, rubbing her head with a hoof.

Oh, Derpy… thinks Twilight, rolling her eyes. "What about you, Mayor Mare?"

"Honestly, I would love to come along, but you should already know how busy a pony with a status like me and you are, right?" asks Mayor Mare, sighing.

"Ugh! Tell me about it…" says Twilight, rubbing a hoof down her face.

"It can't be that bad being a princess or a mayor, right?" asks Derpy, blinking.

I can't believe she said that… thinks Highwind, putting a hoof over his face.

"Yeah, you would think that…" says Twilight, glaring at Derpy.

"Maybe you should try it…" says Mayor Mare, huffing.

"Sure!" says Derpy, grinning.

"Ugh…" says Twilight and Mayor Mare, rolling their eyes.

"Ignoring Derpy… Mayor Mare, as a princess, I must thank you for helping Moon and Sun," says Twilight, smiling.

"Of course, but you must get going since time is short, right?" asks Mayor Mare, chuckling.

"Right," says Twilight with a small laugh. "Anyway, Sun, Moon, Highwind, and you, Derpy, follow me."

"Yes, Your Highness," says Highwind, nodding.

"Hey, aren't you that mean guard I met at Canterlot Castle yesterday?" asks Derpy, glaring at Highwind.

"Nice to meet you, Derpy. I'm Highwind, and I apologize for yesterday, but just know that anypony would be skeptical if they heard that two alicorns suddenly appeared in Ponyville, right?" asks Highwind, raising a brow.

"Well, I guess you're right…" says Derpy, rubbing her head with a hoof.

Such an easy mare… thinks Highwind, rolling his eyes.

"Now then, Mayor Mare, it's nice meeting you again, but I must be going," says Highwind, bowing his head.

"Yeah, see you around, Mayor Mare!" says Derpy, grinning.

"'Twas nice to see thee again, Mayor Mare," says Sun, smiling.

"Once again, thank you for aiding Sun and I," says Moon with a smile.

"Moon, Sun, just know that I'll do whatever I can to help you. But for now, just enjoy yourself here at Ponyville," says Mayor Mare, smiling with a warm gaze.

"Hey, are you guys coming or not!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Well, go on. You shouldn't keep a princess waiting," says Mayor Mare, chuckling.

"Let's go, guys!" says Derpy, turning and trotting to Twilight.

Ugh… thinks Highwind, sighing before following Derpy.

"I bid thee farewell, Mayor Mare," says Sun, smiling.

"Perhaps we will meet again," says Moon with a smile before he and Sun turn and follow Highwind.

Moon, Sun, take care, thinks Mayor Mare, smiling and waving a hoof. She then drags a hoof down her face before sighing. Now that I think about it, I finished all that paperwork yesterday. Maybe I should've joined them…

________________________________________

"Moon, Sun, welcome to the marketplace!" says Twilight, pointing a hoof.

Following Twilight's hoof, Sun and Moon notice a storm of ponies roaming around the area, talking to ponies in stalls with different varieties of food, ranging from pies, drinks, tomatoes, even cooking utensils and books.

"Twilight, it seems there are many ponies here," says Sun, blinking.

"Is there a reason why?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"It's natural that this area is filled with a lot of ponies. Because they're all here to acquire things for the daily necessities of life," says Twilight, smiling.

"Forgive me, but I do not understand…" says Moon, frowning.

"Aye…" says Sun, hanging his head.

Hmm… I think the message Celestia sent said something about making it simple for Sun and Moon to understand, thinks Twilight, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Oh! Let's just say that the important things ponies tend to find here are food."

"Food…" says Moon, his mouth opening slightly as drool falls from it.

"I see…" says Sun, drool seeping through the sides of his mouth.

"Looks like you're both hungry," says Twilight, chuckling. Celestia was right when she said that Sun and Moon love to eat.

"It's a good thing Princess Celestia and Princess Luna gave me those bits," says Highwind, sighing.

"That sounds like them to prepare things in case something happens," says Twilight, chuckling.

"Um, guys…" says Derpy, quickly looking side to side.

"What's wrong, Derpy?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Where's Moon and Sun?" asks Derpy, frowning.

"Oh, Derpy, they're right next to… us…" says Twilight, looking to her side as her eyes shrink. "They're gone…"

"Quick! Look for them!" says Highwind, his face dripping with sweat.

"O-oh! I found Sun!" says Derpy, pointing a hoof.

Following Derpy's hoof, Twilight and Highwind notice Sun at a stall filled with pies, while a mare was staring at Sun with a red face and a distant gaze.

"Sun!" says Twilight, running and stopping next to Sun. "Please don't just leave without letting me know!"

"Forgive me, Twilight, but I wish to know what this is?" asks Sun, pointing a hoof.

"Oh, that's a pie. Would you like to try it?" asks Twilight.

"Aye," says Sun while drool dangles from his mouth.

"Um, excuse me. How much is one pie?" asks Twilight, facing a yellow mare.

"O-oh, Princess Twilight, hello! As for the pie…" says the yellow mare, facing Sun. "It's on the house…"

"W-wait, it's free?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Uh-huh…" says the yellow mare with a long sigh.

"Well, thanks!" says Twilight, smiling. She then faces Sun. "Sun, she's giving a pie to us. You should thank her."

"Aye," says Sun, nodding. He then lowers his head, placing his lips on the yellow mare's cheek before lifting his head, and smiling with a warm gaze. "Thank you."

"Y-you're welcome!" says the yellow mare, her eyes turning into heart shapes before falling on the ground with a wide grin and a twitching hoof.

"Right, the kissing…" says Twilight, placing a hoof on her face. It's obvious that any mare would react like that if they were kissed by somepony like Sun or Moon…

"Princess Twilight!" says Highwind.

"Oh, Highwind, looks like you found Moon," says Twilight, looking behind Highwind and noticing Moon chewing with a cookie in a hoof.

"Yeah, and I got a lot of food," says Highwind, pointing a hoof at a basket full of cookies, corn, and carrots on his back.

"Yeah, all the mares were nice enough to give us all this food!" says Derpy before grabbing a cookie from the basket with a hoof and biting it.

"Let me guess. They're all free," says Twilight, sighing.

"Y-yeah, how'd you know?" asks Derpy, tilting her head.

"Wait, did a mare give that pie that Prince Sun is holding for free?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Yeah, and did Moon kiss the mares that gave all the food in that basket before falling on the ground and making a weird face?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"Yeah," says Highwind, rolling his eyes. So much for using the bits that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna prepared for the princes…

"Ugh…" says Twilight, dragging a hoof down her face. "I think we should find Rose and Bon Bon before this whole place goes out of business…"

"Not only that, but we're starting to get a lot of attention," says Highwind, pointing a hoof.

Following Highwind's hoof, Twilight looks around, noticing a gathering of ponies looking at them and whispering amongst themselves.

"Great, and they're mostly mares…" says Twilight, sighing. "Ugh! I know Bon Bon and Rose should be here, but where are they!"

"Oh, if it's about them, then I found them not too long ago," says Derpy before biting another piece of a cookie in her hoof.

"Then why didn't you say so!" says Twilight as she and Highwind glare at Derpy.

"You didn't ask," says Derpy.

"Ugh…" says Twilight and Highwind, sighing.

"Moon, the cookie's good, right?" asks Derpy, grinning.

"Aye," says Moon before biting another piece of a cookie in his hoof.

"Hey, Sun, can I try some of that pie you're eating?" asks Derpy.

"Aye, but perhaps I can have some of your cookie?" asks Sun.

"Let's trade then!" says Derpy, smiling.

"Will you guys stop eating and take this seriously!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof before her stomach gives off a growl.

"Cookie?" asks Highwind, offering a hoof with a cookie in it.

"Maybe we can take a break…" says Twilight, her cheeks turning red as she takes the cookie from Highwind with a hoof before biting it.

________________________________________

At a certain stall, a pale-yellow mare was enjoying the sunny day, watering her beautiful patches of roses in clay pots.

"Hey, Rose!" says a cheery voice.

"AHH!" says Rose, dropping a green watering can from her mouth, and splashing water over her face.

Rose turns her head, facing her unexpected guest with a soaked mane, dangling down her face. Placing a hoof over her wet mane, she pushes the strands of red hair to the side of her face, seeing a beige mare.

"Before you say anything," says the beige mare, lifting a hoof. "Just know that I'm sorry-"

"Ugh! Bon Bon! You jerk! Didn't I say not to surprise me like that!" says Rose, stomping a hoof.

"I didn't mean it!" says Bon Bon.

"Liar! You did it on purpose! Just like yesterday!" says Rose, pressing her forehead against Bon Bon's.

"There you go again! Accusing me of something I didn't mean to do!" says Bon Bon, pushing against Rose's forehead with her own.

"Ugh! Will you two fillies stop fighting!" says a pale-magenta mare.

"Yeah! You're going to scare all the customers away!" says a raspberry mare.

"O-oh, sorry, Daisy, Lily…" says Rose, frowning.

"I didn't start it…" says Bon Bon, huffing.

"You did!" says Rose, glaring at Bon Bon.

"Enough!" says Lily, stomping a hoof.

"Look, Bon Bon, did you need a bouquet or something?" asks Daisy, raising a brow.

"No, I just came to say hi," says Bon Bon, smiling.

"Well, it's nice to see you too," says Daisy with a smile.

"By the way, where's Lyra?" asks Lily, blinking.

"She said she was going to look at something and left me, so here I am…" says Bon Bon, sighing.

"Some friend she is," says Rose, rolling her eyes.

"H-hey, girls?" says Lily, blinking.

"What now?" asks Daisy, frowning.

"I-I think we have guests. Important guests…" says Lily, her cheeks turning red while gazing at a white and blue alicorn in the distance.

"What are you talking… about…?" asks Daisy with a shade of red in her cheeks, noticing a pair of alicorns walking together in the distance.

"Guests?" says Bon Bon and Rose, blinking at each other. They both turn around, noticing a purple mare.

"I finally found you two!" says the purple mare, smiling.

"O-oh, uh, hey, Princess Twilight…" says Bon Bon, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"H-hi, Princess Twilight…" says Rose, her brows gathering in.

"Come on, you two. There's no need for formalities. Just Twilight's fine," she says with a small smile.

"S-sorry…" says Bon Bon, frowning. Easy for you to say…

"Y-yeah…" says Rose, rubbing an arm with a hoof. You're a princess now…

"Anyway, I'm glad I found you both. There are two ponies that wanted to meet you," says Twilight.

"Really?" says Bon Bon, blinking.

"Who?" asks Rose, tilting her head.

"Well, talk to them yourselves," says Twilight, stepping to the side.

"No way…" says Bon Bon, her eyes welling up with tears. "Moon?"

"Greetings, Bon Bon," says Moon, smiling.

"It really is you…" says Bon Bon, slowly walking towards Moon before pressing her forehead against his chest. "Idiot, you made me worry…"

"Forgive me…" says Moon, frowning while putting a hoof on Bon Bon's head.

"Sun!" says Rose, running towards Sun before rubbing her face against his chest. "I-I'm glad you're okay!"

"We meet again, Rose. Forgive me for worrying thee…" says Sun, smiling with a hoof over Rose's head.

"D-don't apologize! It's okay!" says Rose with tears streaming down her face.

"W-wait…" says Bon Bon, pulling her face away from Moon and quickly wipes her tears with a hoof. She then turns her head, seeing a gray mare with her hooves wrapped around her. "Derpy, what are you doing?"

"Well, everypony is hugging each other, so I thought I'd join in," says Derpy, grinning.

"Ugh! Get off!" says Bon Bon, pushing Derpy away with a hoof.

"What? Derpy?" says Rose, pulling her face away from Sun and wiping her tears with a hoof. "You again! Why do you always show up when Sun and Moon are here!"

"Oh, I'm planning to let Moon and Sun meet Dinky after this!" says Derpy, smiling.

This mare… thinks Rose, glaring at Derpy.

How annoying! thinks Bon Bon, baring her teeth.

"Pssst! Hey, Bon Bon, Rose!" says Lily.

"Huh?" says Rose and Bon Bon, turning their head and seeing Lily and Daisy waving a hoof.

"Come here!" says Daisy.

"What's up?" asks Bon Bon, walking over to Daisy and Lily.

"You're both acting weird," says Rose, stopping next to Bon Bon with a raised brow.

"Weird? You guys are weird!" says Lily, stomping a hoof.

"You both started crying like fillies when those two showed up!" says Daisy, pointing a hoof to Sun and Moon.

"H-hey, I wasn't crying like a filly!" says Rose, glaring with bright red cheeks.

"Y-yeah!" says Bon Bon, stomping a hoof with slightly red cheeks.

"No, I'm sure you both were," says Lily, raising a brow.

"Ugh! Who cares about that! More importantly, are those two hotties the rumored princes that suddenly appeared in Ponyville yesterday!" says Daisy, pointing a hoof to Sun and Moon.

"Oh, Moon and Sun? Yeah, they are," says Bon Bon.

"Rose, you jerk! How come you never told us that you knew them! Even though we're best friends!" says Lily, stomping a hoof.

"H-hey, the thought never came to mind, okay!" says Rose with a sheepish grin.

"I bet you wanted a head start, huh!" says Daisy, huffing. "Whatever, just introduce us to them-"

"Forgive me for interrupting, but is there something wrong?" asks Sun, blinking.

"Perhaps 'twas wrong of us to intrude upon thee?" asks Moon, frowning.

"N-no, it's okay, Moon!" says Bon Bon.

"Oh, Sun, Moon, let me introduce these two. The one next to me is Lily," says Rose, pointing a hoof.

"U-um, it's nice to meet you, Your Highnesses!" says Lily, grinning with a shade of red in her cheeks. Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! They're both so hot!

"And the one next to Lily is Daisy," says Rose, pointing a hoof.

"It's a p-pleasure to meet you both!" says Daisy, grinning while her cheeks turn beet red. W-wow! They're so tall up close!

"Greetings, Lily," says Sun, smiling.

"And to thee as well, Daisy," says Moon with a smile.

"S-so, Sun, right?" asks Lily, gulping with a tint of red in her cheeks. H-he said my name!

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"A-and you're Moon, right?" asks Daisy, giggling with red cheeks.

"Aye, Daisy," says Moon.

The way he says my name is so heavenly… thinks Daisy with a long sigh. She then shakes her head. "A-anyway, what are you two doing here in Ponyville?"

"Ah, Moon and I wished to see certain ponies here. And Rose is one of them," says Sun, facing Rose with a soft glow in his eyes.

"Including Bon Bon," says Moon, facing Bon Bon with a warm gaze.

"You don't say?" says Lily and Daisy, glaring at Rose and Bon Bon, the latter, both sheepishly grinning with sweat running down their faces.

"Ah, and Derpy as well," says Sun, facing Derpy with a small smile.

"Hehe!" says Derpy, grinning with red cheeks.

"I-I see…" says Lily, forcing a small smile. Even this clumsy mare!

"G-good for you, Derpy!" says Daisy, twitching an eye. Th-this annoying mare!

"U-um, Moon! About when you and Sun left Ponyville, did you both find the Azure One?" asks Bon Bon with a sheepish grin. Geh! Lily and Daisy were seriously getting annoyed!

"Y-yeah!" says Rose, smiling. Nice save, Bon Bon! Lily and Daisy looked like they were going to blow their bits!

"Wait, Azure One?" says Lily, raising a brow. "Weird name."

"What are you guys talking about?" asks Daisy, blinking.

"U-uh, you see, when Sun and Moon were here yesterday, they were looking for somepony," says Rose.

"And that pony was called the Azure One," says Bon Bon.

"Azure One, huh?" says Lily, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Well, I can't picture anypony in mind that would fit that name."

"Yeah, I wonder who it could be?" asks Daisy, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"'Twas Luna," says Moon, smiling.

"WHAT!" says Lily, Daisy, Bon Bon, Rose, and Derpy.

"Aye, Luna is the Azure One," says Sun.

"I should've known it was her!" says Bon Bon, rubbing a hoof down her face.

"Yeah, she fits the name so well! Why didn't I think of her?" asks Rose, hitting her head with a hoof.

"Well, we don't exactly see her all the time, you know?" says Lily, raising a brow.

"And she's a princess as well," says Daisy, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"Oh, Moon, Sun, could you tell us what happened when you went to Canterlot? I would like to hear about it!" says Derpy, grinning.

"Oh, me too!" says Bon Bon, smiling.

"I would love to hear about it as well!" says Rose, clapping her hooves together.

"Sounds interesting," says Lily, sitting on her haunches.

"Well, I guess I could take a break from selling bouquets all day," says Daisy, yawning with a hoof over her mouth.

"Then, if thou dost not mind, Sun and I shall tell thee of what transpired in Canterlot," says Moon, smiling.

"Let us begin," says Sun with a smile.

Looking from afar, Twilight gazes at Sun and Moon with a smile. However, her smile slowly turns into a frown.

"It's not fair…" says Twilight, hanging her head.

"What's not fair?" asks a voice.

Turning her head, Twilight sees a white stallion, the latter, blinking at her.

"AHH! Highwind, don't scare me like that!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"S-sorry, Your Highness. I didn't mean to startle you," says Highwind, frowning.

"It's fine…" says Twilight, letting out a sigh. "But since when were you there?"

"After you introduced the princes to those mares," says Highwind, raising a brow.

"Oh…" says Twilight, her cheeks turning a tint of red while rubbing her head with a hoof. "I-I guess I didn't notice you…"

"Don't worry," says Highwind, waving off a hoof. "Anyway, sorry for overhearing you, but what did you mean earlier?"

"Geh! I thought you would forget about that…" says Twilight with a sheepish grin.

"It's too bad that I have a good memory," says Highwind, smiling.

"Jerk," says Twilight with a chuckle.

"But are you concerned about something that involves the princes?" asks Highwind.

"You're pretty sharp," says Twilight, blinking.

"A habit I picked up over the years," says Highwind with a small laugh.

"Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one," says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

"I'll take that as a compliment," says Highwind, smiling. He then frowns. "All jokes aside, if there's something weighing on your mind, maybe I can listen to your problems?"

"Well, I guess I can take you up on your offer," says Twilight with a smile. She then lets out a long sigh. "It's just… it's just that I'm jealous of Sun and Moon."

"And why would you be jealous of them?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Well…" says Twilight, facing Sun and Moon. "I'm glad that they're fitting in well here at Ponyville, but that's the thing. They're being treated as if they were normal ponies, even though they're an alicorn like me. You know, no honorifics, just their name. And I'm jealous of that fact because everypony used to look at me as a friend they could talk to as an equal. But now it's always the princess treatment after these things showed up…" she says, unfolding her wings.

"I see…" says Highwind, frowning.

"Sometimes, I wish I could've stayed as a unicorn, but I guess fate has a different path for me…" says Twilight, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Well, just know that I address royalty by their status naturally, given my position," says Highwind, closing his eyes and puffing out his chest. He then opens an eye, seeing Twilight glaring at him. "I-I guess I shouldn't have said that…"

"Naturally," says Twilight, huffing.

"S-sorry, let me rethink that…" says Highwind, rubbing the back of his head with a hoof.

"Just forget about it," says Twilight, waving off a hoof.

"Let's put it this way, Your Highness. Why do you think I address you with honorifics?" asks Highwind.

"Because I'm a princess?" says Twilight, raising a brow.

"True. But think of it this way. I don't see you not only as a princess but as somepony that has earned my respect," says Highwind.

"Respect?" says Twilight, blinking.

"Yes. You, including your friends, have saved Equestria countless times. It's because of that I should be thankful to you. And now that you're a princess, perhaps the other ponies are seeing you in a similar way and decided to treat you with the respect you deserve. Besides, being a princess, ponies will continue to seek guidance from you in the present and in the future," says Highwind, smiling.

"Wow, I never thought of it that way…" says Twilight, blinking.

"However, the same can be said about Prince Sun and Prince Moon. Maybe they'll come across a point where they both will earn the respect of the ponies throughout Equestria, just like you and the other princesses," says Highwind, smiling.

"Fair point. But maybe now I understand what's it like for Celestia, Luna, and Cadance," says Twilight, smiling.

"Yep," says Highwind, nodding.

"Kind of a big responsibility though," says Twilight, sighing.

"I know that feeling too well," says Highwind, huffing.

"Right, being a commander and all that annoying stuff," says Twilight with a chuckle.

"Yeah," says Highwind, smiling and rolling his eyes.

"But, Highwind, thanks for the advice," says Twilight with a small smile.

"I'm glad I could help," says Highwind, smiling and placing a hoof over his chest. "However, I think our weird princes might be finished with their business here," he says, pointing a hoof.

"Really?" says Twilight, turning her head, noticing a white and blue figure towering over her. She then looks up. "Oh, Sun, Moon, are you done talking to Rose and Bon Bon?"

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"All that is left is to meet Dinky," says Moon, smiling.

"Wait, where's Derpy?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Here!" says Derpy, appearing from behind Sun.

"What are you doing behind him?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"Oh! Have you ever wrapped yourself in Sun or Moon's tail? It's so smooth, silky, and warm!" says Derpy, rubbing her cheek with Sun's tail in her hoof.

Twilight and Highwind face each other before rolling their eyes.

"Twilight!" says two voices.

Turning her head, Twilight notices Rose and Bon Bon waving a hoof from afar.

"Thanks for letting us meet Moon and Sun again!" says Bon Bon, smiling.

"Yeah! We owe you big time, Twilight!" says Rose, grinning.

Tears well up in Twilight's eyes before trailing down her cheeks. She then feels something on her shoulder and turns her head, noticing Highwind's hoof on her.

"What was that about ponies calling you a princess and not by name again?" asks Highwind with a smile.

"Shut it," says Twilight, smiling. She then quickly wipes her tears with a hoof and faces Rose and Bon Bon. "You're welcome!"

"Thanks again, Twilight! Oh, Moon! Please visit again!" says Bon Bon, grinning.

"Aye," says Moon with a smile.

"You too, Sun!" says Rose, smiling.

"Aye, we will meet again," says Sun, nodding.

"Derpy, stop playing with Sun's tail and lead us to Dinky already!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Okay!" says Derpy, removing her hoof from Sun's tail. She then trots ahead before stopping next to Highwind. "Can I have another cookie?"

"Help yourself," says Highwind, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks!" says Derpy, grabbing a cookie with a hoof from the basket on Highwind's back. She then trots ahead before waving a hoof. "Follow me!"

As Twilight's group follows Derpy, Rose and Bon Bon frown as they watch Sun and Moon grow smaller in the distance.

"It's frustrating, but Moon looks much more cheerful when he talks about Princess Luna…" says Bon Bon, biting her bottom lip as tears well up in her eyes.

"Even Sun smiles more often when he talks about Princess Celestia…" says Rose, clenching a hoof tightly on her arm.

"I-it's not fair…" says Bon Bon with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I-I hate it… but what can we do about it?" asks Rose, gritting her teeth as tears trickle down her cheeks.

"Ugh! Stop crying about it!" says Lily, stomping a hoof.

"And stop thinking like that!" says Daisy, huffing.

"What then!" says Bon Bon, glaring at Daisy and Lily.

"If you're so smart, then what should we do!" says Rose, stomping a hoof.

"Duh! Get them to notice you!" says Lily, glaring.

"And win their heart, obviously!" says Daisy, rolling her eyes.

"Easy for you to say…" says Rose, huffing.

"Yeah…" says Bon Bon, sighing.

"Look, I know it's not easy, but never give up, or else Sun and Moon will be taken by another mare," says Lily, frowning.

"And that's not something you both want, right?" asks Daisy, raising a brow.

"Right…" says Rose and Bon Bon, hanging their head.

"So, give it a try next time. You know, ask them to go with you somewhere when you meet them again," says Lily, smiling.

"I-I don't think I can do that…" says Bon Bon, moving a hoof on the ground in a circle.

"Y-yeah…" says Rose, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Don't worry. Knowing you two, I'm sure you can do it!" says Daisy, grinning.

"I mean, you both can already stir up trouble here at the market," says Lily, smirking.

"She started it," says Rose, pointing a hoof at Bon Bon.

"H-hey! I already apologized for that!" says Bon Bon, stomping a hoof.

"Whatever," says Rose, rolling her eyes.

"See, just like that," says Lily with a chuckle.

"Anyway, just be confident in yourself as a mare," says Daisy, smiling.

"I guess you're right," says Rose with a smile.

"Yeah, thanks, you two," says Bon Bon, smiling.

"Oh, and one more thing. I call dibs on Sun," says Lily, smirking.

"Dibs on Moon," says Daisy, grinning.

"Wait, what!" says Rose, stomping a hoof.

"I thought you two were cheering us on!" says Bon Bon, glaring.

"I don't see your name on Moon and Sun," says Daisy, folding her hooves.

"You think we're just going to do nothing when there are two princes that hot roaming around?" asks Lily, raising a brow.

"Ugh! You traitors!" says Rose, baring her teeth.

"Hey, every mare for herself," says Lily, shrugging.

"Fine! It's on then!" says Bon Bon, glaring and pointing a hoof.

"That's the spirit," says Daisy, smirking.

Spreading their hooves apart, Rose, Lily, Daisy, and Bon Bon glare at each other, baring their teeth. However, a dark stallion with a mohawk from afar blinks at them.

"Ugh, mares…" says the dark stallion, rolling his eyes.

________________________________________

"Sun, Moon, we're here!" says Derpy, pointing a hoof.

Following Derpy's hoof, Moon and Sun notice a two-story cottage with trees to the side of it, and bushes, colored with flowers of yellow and red, in front of the building.

"Is this perhaps where Moon and I will meet Dinky?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"Yep!" says Derpy.

"I see," says Moon, smiling.

"It's been a while since I've seen Dinky," says Twilight with a giggle.

"This place feels cozy," says Highwind with a smile.

"Thanks!" says Derpy, grinning. "Anyway, just give me a second…" she says before taking a deep breath. "DINKY! I'M HOME!"

Listening closely, the sound of little hooves is heard within the second floor of the cottage, quickly moving to the first floor as the cottage's door bursts open, revealing a pale-purple filly with a wide smile.

"Dinky!" says Derpy, sitting and spreading her arms apart.

"Derpy!" says Dinky while running before jumping into Derpy's arms.

"I missed you so much!" says Derpy, wrapping her hooves around Dinky.

"I missed you too!" says Dinky, nuzzling Derpy's chest.

"Oh, Dinky, you wouldn't believe who's here to visit!" says Derpy, lowering Dinky on the ground.

"Who?" asks Dinky, turning her head. Her eyes begin to widen. "Oh, Princess Twilight!"

"Hi, Dinky, it's been a while!" says Twilight, waving a hoof.

"It's fine! I know you're busy, but I'm happy that you visited!" says Dinky, jumping up and down with a smile.

"I'm glad you feel that way," says Twilight, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Not only is Princess Twilight here, but we also have three more guests!" says Derpy, pointing a hoof.

Following Derpy's hoof, Dinky notices Highwind waving a hoof with a sheepish grin before looking up, seeing Sun and Moon gazing down on her. Dinky's eyes shrink before hiding behind Derpy's legs.

"Who are they?" asks Dinky, peeking from Derpy's legs with a frown.

"Dinky, don't be shy. They're here to meet you," says Derpy, smiling.

"But they look really scary!" says Dinky, closing her eyes while wrapping her hooves around Derpy's leg.

"Well, I understand that he can be a jerk sometimes," says Derpy, pointing a hoof at Highwind.

"H-hey! Don't just ruin her first impression of me!" says Highwind, stomping a hoof.

"Pfft! A jerk sometimes. She's got that right," says Twilight, laughing with a hoof over her mouth.

"Not you too, Princess Twilight…" says Highwind, hanging his head.

"Dinky, remember those two really nice princes I talked about yesterday?" asks Derpy.

"Oh yeah!" says Dinky, nodding her head.

"That's them!" says Derpy, pointing a hoof at Sun and Moon. "Not only that, they're really handsome, right?"

"Yeah!" says Dinky, smiling. She then walks to Sun and Moon, lifting her head as her eyes meet theirs. "U-um, I'm Dinky! It's nice to meet you both!"

"Greetings, Dinky. I am Sun," he says, smiling.

"And I am Moon," he says with a smile.

"If I remember, thou art considered a special somepony to Derpy," says Sun, blinking.

"If that is correct?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"H-hey, Sun, Moon, you don't need to bring that up!" says Derpy, pouting with bright red cheeks.

"Yes, you're both right. Derpy is also my special somepony," says Dinky, smiling.

"Dinky…" says Derpy with tears welling up in her eyes.

"What about you two? Do you consider each other as your special somepony?" asks Dinky, blinking.

"Forgive me…" says Sun, frowning. "It seems I have yet to understand the meaning of a special somepony…"

"Neither do I…" says Moon, hanging his head.

Oh no! I forgot that the message Celestia sent said how Sun and Moon don't know much about Equestria's common knowledge! thinks Twilight, her eyes shrinking. "U-uh, Sun, Moon, it means-"

"You're both funny!" says Dinky with a small laugh. "Let's just say that you want to see each other safe and would do anything to help each other!"

Well, Dinky's not far from the real meaning, but I guess that's one way to describe a special somepony… thinks Twilight, smiling.

"I see…" says Sun, facing Moon with a radiant glow in his eyes. "Perhaps I do consider Moon a special somepony."

"And I consider Sun the same," says Moon, facing Sun with a soft glow in his eyes.

"Geh! I-it's nice they feel that way about each other, but I just can't see it that way!" says Highwind with bright red cheeks.

"I know what you mean! When they look at each other like that, it just feels… it feels so wrong!" says Twilight, placing both hooves over her face as red creeps from her chin to her ears.

"What are you guys talking about?" asks Derpy, blinking.

"Nothing!" says Twilight and Highwind with a sheepish grin.

"DERPY!" says a voice.

"Huh?" says Derpy, blinking. She then turns her head, only to see a pink mare glaring at her with a frazzled mane. "Oh, hey, Amethyst!"

"Don't you hey me! And why do you always yell just to let Dinky know you're here!" says Amethyst, stomping a hoof.

"But Dinky doesn't mind and she likes it when I do," says Derpy.

"Ugh! But I do mind and I hate it when you do that!" says Amethyst, stomping a hoof. "And where the hay have you been! There were things that I wanted to do, but I ended up watching Dinky the whole entire day! I wanted to at least take a nap, but you-"

"Hey, Amethyst," says Twilight, waving a hoof.

"Oh, hey, Twilight," says Amethyst, smiling. She then glares at Derpy. "As to what I was saying, you have to stop- wait… Twilight?" she says, blinking.

"The one and only!" says Twilight, closing her eyes and puffing her chest.

"What are you doing here?" asks Amethyst, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Can't I pay an old friend a visit?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"Well, I can't say that I'm not happy to see you, Twilight, but I'm trying to have a talk with Derpy… here…" says Amethyst, frowning. "What's with the creepy grin?"

"S-sorry, but I'm just so happy because you're one of the few ponies that just calls me by name!" says Twilight, clapping her hooves.

"Well, yeah. I mean, you're a princess and all, but you're still the same old Twilight to me," says Amethyst, raising a brow.

"See! Why can't everypony be just like you!" says Twilight with a wide grin.

"Who knows?" says Amethyst, shrugging.

"Oh, oh, Amethyst, you wouldn't believe who's here!" says Derpy, jumping up and down.

"Another loudmouth like you?" asks Amethyst, raising a brow.

"Well, no, but just look!" says Derpy, pointing a hoof.

Following Derpy's hoof, Amethyst's eyes gaze upon Highwind lifting Dinky with his hooves and placing her on Moon's back. Moon then walks in a circle around Sun, the latter, blinking, while Dinky is seen closing her eyes with a wide smile.

"Looks like Dinky's enjoying herself," says Twilight, smiling.

"Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen her having that much fun," says Derpy with a small smile.

"Good for her," says Twilight, chuckling.

"Derpy!" says Amethyst, placing both hooves on Derpy's shoulders and gazing into her eyes.

"U-um, Amethyst, you're too close…" says Derpy, blinking with a shade of red in her cheeks.

"Forget that! Aren't those the two princes that were here yesterday!" says Amethyst, shaking Derpy back and forth.

"Y-yeah! B-but please stop sh-shaking me!" says Derpy, her eyes moving quickly in a circular motion.

"S-sorry…" says Amethyst, removing her hooves from Derpy's shoulders. "But what are the princes doing here!"

"Well, I wanted to introduce them to Dinky. Do you want me to introduce you to them too?" asks Derpy.

"Derpy, for once in my life, I'm actually glad to have you as a friend…" says Amethyst, smiling while placing a hoof on Derpy's shoulder.

"You're welcome?" says Derpy, blinking.

Geh! That was harsh of Amethyst to say that! It's a good thing Derpy didn't know what she meant… thinks Twilight, placing a hoof over her face.

"So, do you want me to introduce you to them or not, Amethyst?" asks Derpy.

"U-uh, hold that thought!" says Amethyst before becoming a blur and racing towards the cottage. She then appears in front of Derpy, revealing her smooth, straight mane. "Okay, I'm ready!" she says, grinning.

"Okay," says Derpy, turning her head. "Sun, Moon, there's somepony I want you to meet!"

Sun walks to Derpy while Moon trails behind with Dinky on his back. They then stop next to Derpy, towering over Amethyst.

"And whom might this be?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"This is Amethyst Star! She's my best friend that's staying with me! She also helps me watch Dinky when I'm not around!" says Derpy, placing a hoof behind Amethyst's neck and onto her shoulder.

"About what Derpy said earlier, just call me Amethyst. A-anyway, it's nice to meet you both," says Amethyst, grinning with red cheeks.

"Greetings, Amethyst. My name is Moon," he says with a smile.

"And I am Sun," he says, nodding.

"Oh, and that's Highwind over there," says Derpy, pointing a hoof.

"H-hey," says Highwind, waving a hoof with a sheepish grin.

Amethyst blinks at Highwind. She then quickly faces Sun and Moon. "Moon, Sun, thank you for coming to visit us!" she says with a smile.

D-did she just… ignore me? thinks Highwind, his mouth opening slightly.

"Nay," says Sun, shaking his head. "We do not deserve thy gratitude."

"'Tis Sun and I that should be thanking thee, Amethyst," says Moon.

"What do you mean?" asks Amethyst, blinking.

"To be able to meet a pony that is important to Dinky and Derpy," says Moon, smiling.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding.

"That's… that's actually one of the nicest things anypony has ever said to me…" says Amethyst, smiling with a warm gaze.

"I do owe you a lot for what you've done for us, Amethyst. You're the best friend ever," says Derpy, chuckling.

"Aren't Moon and Sun the nicest ponies you ever met?" asks Dinky, gently wrapping her hooves and nuzzling her face against Moon's neck.

"Derpy, thanks. And yeah, Dinky, Sun and Moon are the nicest ponies I've met. Well, more like the nicest princes," says Amethyst with a giggle.

"Sorry to interrupt, everypony, but it seems it's almost time for Prince Sun and Prince Moon to return," says Highwind, pointing a hoof.

"Wait, it's evening already?" asks Twilight, blinking. She follows Highwind's hoof, noticing the Sun in the sky lowering itself behind the mountains in the horizon. "Huh? Time sure flies," she says, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Aww…" says Derpy and Dinky, frowning.

"Oh, don't be like that, you two," says Amethyst. Her horn glows into a pink aura, which the same light appears around Dinky, lifting her off from Moon's back and placing her on the ground next to her before the light fades away. "I know it wasn't long, but at least you both had fun, right?"

"But I wanted Sun and Moon to stay longer…" says Dinky, hanging her head.

"Yeah…" says Derpy, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, you two, but I was given a message from Celestia to bring Sun and Moon back in the evening," says Twilight, frowning.

"Perhaps Sun and I could visit again?" asks Moon.

"Only if thou still wish to see Moon and I…" says Sun, frowning.

"Aye…" says Moon, hanging his head.

"What are you guys talking about? You're always welcome to visit us, right, Dinky?" asks Amethyst, sitting and placing both hooves on Dinky's shoulders.

"Right!" says Dinky, smiling.

"Come on, Derpy! At least give Sun and Moon the okay sign!" says Amethyst. Her horn glows pink, wrapping a similar light around Derpy's wing, stretching it, while folding tips of the wing and leaving some pointing out.

"Huh? I never thought it could bend that way…" says Derpy, turning her head and looking at her wing.

"Sun, Moon, you got Dinky and Derpy's approval, and mine's too. So, you can always visit anytime you want!" says Amethyst, grinning.

"Then we shall visit in the near future," says Sun, nodding.

"I look forward to seeing thee again," says Moon, smiling.

"Amethyst, Derpy, Dinky, thanks for spending some time with Sun and Moon. I really appreciate it," says Twilight, smiling.

"Anything for you, Your Highness," says Amethyst, smirking.

"Haha…" says Twilight, rolling her eyes. Her eyes then widen before looking down, noticing Dinky's hooves wrapped around her hoof. "Dinky?"

"Thanks, Twilight, for everything you've done for everypony in Equestria," says Dinky, removing her hooves from Twilight's hoof. "To me, you're my favorite princess of them all," she says with a wide smile.

"Yeah, and thanks for bringing Moon and Sun along, Twilight," says Derpy, grinning.

"You guys…" says Twilight with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"H-hey, why are you crying?" asks Amethyst, frowning.

"Did we say something we shouldn't have said?" asks Dinky, her brows gathering in.

"If we did, sorry," says Derpy, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"N-no, I'm just happy to have friends like you three," says Twilight, wiping her tears with a hoof.

Well, I can't blame Princess Twilight. She's probably happy that they're just calling her by name, but most of all, she's finally getting treated like an equal again to the ponies that accepted her for who she is, thinks Highwind, smiling.

"Anyway, Sun, Moon, let's get going," says Twilight, turning and walking. "We don't want Celestia and Luna to be worried about you two."

"Aye," says Sun, nodding. He follows behind Twilight.

"I do not want to worry Luna," says Moon, frowning. He then follows behind Sun.

"I must thank you three for taking the time to spend with Prince Sun and Prince Moon as well," says Highwind, smiling.

"You're welcome," says Dinky, smiling.

"Sure thing," says Derpy, grinning.

"Sorry, who are you again?" asks Amethyst, raising a brow.

"It's Highwind!" he says, stomping a hoof.

"Yeah, I'll try to remember," says Amethyst, waving off a hoof.

"Hey, Dinky, I'll race you to the kitchen to make muffins!" says Derpy.

"You're on!" says Dinky, quickly running to the cottage.

"Cheater!" says Derpy, running after Dinky.

"H-hey, don't run in the house!" says Amethyst, running after Derpy and Dinky.

"Geez, they act like fillies…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof behind his head.

"Hey, Highwind, you coming or not!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Coming!" says Highwind, running and stopping next to Twilight. "S-sorry for keeping you waiting…"

"It's fine," says Twilight, waving off a hoof. "But as for you two…" she says, facing Sun and Moon. "Did you both enjoy yourselves today?"

"Aye," says Moon, nodding. "I have learned much today."

"That's good," says Twilight, chuckling. "What about you, Sun-"

"Wh-what was that for!" says Twilight, jumping away and stomping a hoof with her face flushing red to the tip of her ears.

"Thank you for what thou hast done for today, Twilight. Moon and I were able to meet the ponies we wished to see again because of thee," says Sun, smiling.

"O-oh, uh, yeah. Y-you're welcome…" says Twilight, her face turning bright red while steam comes out of her ears, and slowly tapping her hooves together. Th-that's the first time a guy kissed me on the cheek! she thinks. She then feels something tapping her shoulder before noticing Highwind. "What?"

"Don't fall for him," says Highwind, smirking.

"I-I'm not!" says Twilight, her face turning bright as a cherry and stomping a hoof.

"I'm joking, Your Highness," says Highwind with a small laugh. "Besides, at least you-"

Highwind's eyes shrink upon Moon's lips pressing against his cheek. Moon then removes his lips, gazing at Highwind with a soft glow in his eyes.

"Highwind, I thank thee for aiding Sun and I in visiting Ponyville once more," says Moon, smiling.

"Y-you're welcome, Your Highness…" says Highwind, placing a hoof on his cheek with an open mouth. He then feels something tapping his shoulder before noticing Twilight. "What?"

"So, who's falling for who now?" asks Twilight, smirking.

"I-I let my guard down, that's all!" says Highwind, his face burning red and folding his hooves.

"Liar!" says Twilight, pressing her forehead against Highwind's.

"Am not!" says Highwind, pushing against Twilight's forehead with his own.

"Are too!" says Twilight, pushing against Highwind's forehead with her own.

As Twilight and Highwind push each other back and forth, the basket on Highwind's back falls.

"Ah," says Moon, quickly catching the basket with a hoof. He then places it on the ground and grabs a cookie from the basket with a hoof. "Sun, perhaps we should eat as we wait for Twilight and Highwind."

"Aye," says Sun, grabbing a cookie from the basket with a hoof. "However, Moon, it seems there is something of concern…"

"What dost thou mean?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"Our promise with the Crusaders…" says Sun, frowning.

"Ah, it seems I have forgotten about it…" says Moon, blinking.

"Will they forgive us?" asks Sun, hanging his head.

"I do not know. But for now, Sun, let us eat," says Moon, lifting Sun's face with a hoof and pressing his own forehead against his.

"Thank you, Moon," says Sun, pressing his lips against Moon's cheek.

"You're welcome," says Moon, smiling.

"But it seems it may be a while before Twilight and Highwind finishes," says Sun, biting a piece of a cookie in his hoof.

"Aye," says Moon, biting a piece of a cookie in his hoof.

________________________________________

In a mysterious place, light and dark swirls throughout the sky, stretching far into the horizon. However, a blue mare is seen as she treads upon the shallow, clear water with each step causing a ripple below her.

"Where is she? I've been searching for hours already…" says the blue mare, sighing.

"Oh, Luna, what's wrong? Losing your breath already? You poor thing," says a voice with a small laugh.

"Enough! I'm sick of hearing your sarcasm! I've already searched through thousands of dreams, but you still refuse to show yourself!" says Luna, stomping a hoof as water splashes all over her.

"You should play in the water more. You know, to cool down that temper of yours," says the voice, chuckling.

"Ugh, your sense of humor really is horrible," says Luna, wiping away the droplets of water from her face with a hoof.

"Well, it originally came from a certain moody, boring princess, if I say so myself," says the voice.

"I'm not moody! And I certainly am not boring!" says Luna, glaring.

"There you go again, being stubborn. It's no wonder everypony tends to compare you to Tia," says the voice, sighing.

"Leave her out of this!" says Luna, baring her teeth.

"Ah, did I hit a nerve?" asks the voice with a chuckle.

"ENOUGH!" says Luna, her powerful voice echoing through the air while the clear water below ripples and splits before coming together. "Quit toying with me and show yourself already!"

"I'll consider it if you ask nicely," says the voice, giggling.

"I won't say it again. Show yourself," says Luna, her horn glowing bright blue.

"You stubborn mare. Fine, if you're so desperate to speak with me, then look forward," says the voice.

As Luna's horn's glow fades, she looks ahead, her eyes gazing upon a flat, stone land in the middle of the vast clear water around her. Upon the land, a round table rests upon it with a dark mare sitting behind.

"Are you happy now?" asks the dark mare, raising a brow. She then places an elbow on the table and rests her head on a hoof. "Hello, Luna," she says, grinning.

"Nightmare Moon…" says Luna, glaring.

"Oh, don't say my name in such a sinister way. You're making me feel bad. Anyway, come and sit with me, Luna. There's a lot we need to catch up on, right?" asks Nightmare with a wide grin.




To be continued…