• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 12,334 Views, 306 Comments

The Sun and Moon - BurnedPigeon



What happens when the Sun and Moon are given a body of an alicorn? Come and join them as they set out in Equestria!

  • ...
28
 306
 12,334

Chapter 3

Strange Meeting

________________________________________

As the Sun shines brightly over a town below, a pale-yellow mare lifts a green watering can with her mouth and pours water over roses in clay pots below her.

"Morning, Rose!" says a voice.

"AHH!" says Rose, dropping the watering can from her mouth as water splashes on her face. Turning her head, she lifts a hoof and pushes the strands of red hair to the side of her face, seeing a beige mare.

"S-sorry?" says the beige mare with a sheepish grin.

"Ugh! Bon Bon! What was that for!" says Rose, stomping a hoof.

"I-I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to surprise you like that!" says Bon Bon, shaking her head.

"You probably did it on purpose…" says Rose, glaring.

"Listen, it was just an accident, okay?" says Bon Bon, raising a brow.

"Yeah! And it's your fault!" says Rose, pointing a hoof at Bon Bon.

"Ugh…" says Bon Bon, rolling her eyes.

"Anyway, ignoring that you ruined my morning, what are you doing here?" asks Rose, sitting and squeezing her wet mane with her hooves.

"Well, I was going to buy some apples for me and Lyra, but I saw you and thought I would come over to say hi!" says Bon Bon, grinning.

"Yeah, to surprise me…" says Rose, huffing.

"Will you drop it! I said I was sorry!" says Bon Bon, stomping a hoof.

"Whatever. So, anything else happened during your stroll around town?" asks Rose, lifting a brow.

"I guess I did see Twilight and her friends…" says Bon Bon, tapping her chin with a hoof. She then chuckles. "B-but you should've seen them! They were pushing their way against this whole crowd of ponies to get to a carriage!"

"A carriage?" says Rose, blinking.

"Yeah, some guards from Canterlot were waiting for them," says Bon Bon, shrugging.

"Probably something important from the princesses again…" says Rose, letting out a sigh.

"But Twilight wasn't wearing her crown and stuff," says Bon Bon, rubbing her chin with a hoof.

"I don't know. Maybe some get-together, I guess," says Rose, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Speaking of Twilight, it's been kind of hard to talk to her nowadays…" says Bon Bon, furrowing her brows.

"Yeah, she tells everypony to just be themselves around her, but it's not easy to forget that she's a princess now…" says Rose, frowning.

"I know what you mean. I tried to talk to her once, but I just kind of felt uneasy being around her…" says Bon Bon, letting out a sigh.

"A-anyway, since you're here and all, want to eat breakfast somewhere?" asks Rose, smiling.

"Sure!" says Bon Bon with a grin. "I mean, I'm not in a rush… or anything…" she says, turning her head and blinking.

"H-hey, what's wrong?" asks Rose, her brows gathering in.

"Um, Rose, why's everypony just standing still?" asks Bon Bon, pointing a hoof.

"Huh?" says Rose, turning her head as her eyes widen. "Y-you're right…"

"Hold on, I think they're looking at something…" says Bon Bon, turning her head and squinting her eyes. "N-no way…" she says with an open mouth.

"Wh-what is it?" asks Rose, putting a hoof over her shaking arm.

"Ugh! Just look!" says Bon Bon, turning Rose's head with her hooves.

"W-wow… who's that?" asks Rose, her eyes reflecting a pony with amber eyes and a flowing yellow mane.

"I-I don't know, but he's so handsome…" says Bon Bon, her eyes reflecting a pony with ice blue eyes and a flowing blue mane.

________________________________________

A few minutes earlier…

As a white and blue alicorn make their way to a town ahead, they stop next to a cottage and tilt their head as their eyes move from the cottage's timber-framed walls to the thatched roof.

"Strange…" says the white alicorn, furrowing his brows.

"What is this?" asks the blue alicorn, rubbing a hoof on the cottage's wall.

"Perhaps some sort of refuge known as a… shelter?" says the white alicorn, blinking.

"I am not sure…" says the blue alicorn, shaking his head. He then lifts his head, seeing a red mare flapping her wings in the sky. "I see some inhabitants here. Perhaps they must be the ponies the inhabitants of the Everfree Forest spoke of. We should ask them to aid us in our search."

"Aye," says the white alicorn, walking ahead.

"But 'tis strange that the ponies here resemble our forms…" says the blue alicorn, walking and tilting his head.

"Indeed…" says the white alicorn, his eyes upon a pink mare with her horn glowing pink while a bag filled with apples and oranges floats in front of her in a similar light.

"Ah…" says the blue alicorn, seeing a brown stallion moving in the air while flapping his wings. "These serve a purpose then…" he says, stopping and unfolding his wings.

"Aye…" says the white alicorn, stopping and rubbing his spiraling horn with a hoof.

"Hmm…" says the blue alicorn, lifting his wings into the air before quickly moving them down and blowing dust around him.

The white alicorn closes his eyes and coughs. "Interesting…" he says, blinking.

"Ah, forgive me…" says the blue alicorn, frowning.

"Do not apologize. I was curious about these as well," says the white alicorn, unfolding his wings.

"Strange…" says the blue alicorn, folding his wings. He then turns his head and blinks.

"Is something wrong?" asks the white alicorn, folding his wings and tilting his head.

"I do not know, but the ponies are looking at us…" says the blue alicorn, wrinkling his brows.

"Ah…" says the white alicorn, facing a yellow mare, the latter, with a bright red face. "Forgive us, little one, we did not mean to startle thee…" he says, furrowing his brows.

"I-I'm sorry!" says the yellow mare, kneeling and bowing her head. She then turns and runs.

"Was that another form of greeting?" asks the blue alicorn, blinking.

"I do not know, but we should ask some of the ponies around…" says the white alicorn, frowning.

"But whom?" asks the blue alicorn, tilting his head.

"Perhaps them?" asks the white alicorn, pointing a hoof at a pale-yellow and beige mare.

"Let us go," says the blue alicorn, walking.

"Aye," says the white alicorn, nodding.

"H-hey, Rose, they're coming to us! What should we do!" says the beige mare, placing her hooves on Rose's shoulders and shaking her.

"Ugh! Bon Bon! Stop!" says Rose, pushing Bon Bon with a hoof. "Look, I'm freaking out as much as you are, so don't look at me for help-"

"Greetings, little ones," says the blue alicorn, smiling.

"I-I'm so sorry! Whatever we did, it's her fault!" says Bon Bon, putting her head on the ground with a hoof over her face while pointing another hoof at Rose.

"WHAT!" says Rose with wide eyes.

"Forgive me, but I do not understand…" says the white alicorn, his brows gathering in.

"U-um, just ignore her, Your Highnesses! She didn't, uh, get enough sleep last night!" says Rose with a sheepish grin.

"Your Highnesses?" says the blue alicorn, blinking.

"Forgive me, but whom dost thou speakest of?" asks the white alicorn, tilting his head.

W-wait, what? thinks Rose, blinking. "U-uh, excuse me for a second!" she says, grabbing the nape of Bon Bon's neck with a hoof and lifting her.

"OW! Rose, that hurts!" says Bon Bon, rubbing the nape of her neck with a hoof.

"What was that earlier! You almost made me look like an idiot in front of them!" says Rose, poking a hoof on Bon Bon's chest.

"I-I can't help it! I was panicking, okay!" says Bon Bon, stomping a hoof.

"Ugh! Forget it! Right now, I'm worried about what they said…" says Rose, dragging a hoof down her face.

"Y-yeah, it's kind of weird they said that…" says Bon Bon, frowning.

"Should we tell them or something?" asks Rose, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Why should we tell them something they should already know?" asks Bon Bon, lifting a brow.

"Forgive me for interrupting, but is something wrong?" asks the blue alicorn, his brows gathering in.

"If we caused thee any trouble, forgive us…" says the white alicorn, hanging his head.

"N-no! You're not troubling us or anything!" says Rose with a sheepish grin.

"It's just about what you said earlier is bothering us. I mean, you're both princes…" says Bon Bon, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Princes?" says the blue alicorn, blinking.

"Forgive us, but we truly do not understand…" says the white alicorn, wrinkling his brows.

"Y-you seriously don't know?" asks Rose with an open mouth.

"Aye…" says the white alicorn, nodding.

"Ugh, my head's starting to hurt…" says Bon Bon, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Then do you at least know that you're alicorns?" asks Rose, frowning.

"Nay…" says the blue alicorn, shaking his head.

"This is a first for us to hear about this…" says the white alicorn with a watery gaze.

"Bon Bon, I think they're serious. They really don't know what we're talking about…" says Rose, furrowing her brows.

"Y-yeah, do you think they lost their memory or something?" asks Bon Bon, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Do not worry. We have kept our memories since long ago," says the white alicorn, nodding.

"Aye," says the blue alicorn, smiling.

"Then how come you don't know that you're both princes and alicorns?" asks Bon Bon, blinking.

"Ah, forgive us, but we were once within the stars above…" says the blue alicorn, furrowing his brows.

"We do not know the reason why, but we recently have woken in this world. There are many things we have yet to understand…" says the white alicorn, hanging his head.

"Okay, I'm getting really confused right now…" says Bon Bon, placing a hoof over her forehead.

"H-how about we just start over with our names first? I'm Rose!" she says, smiling.

"And I'm Bon Bon!" she says, grinning. "So, what are your names?"

"Names?" says the blue alicorn, tilting his head.

"Forgive me if I am wrong, but thou hast referred thyself with these names, correct?" asks the white alicorn, blinking.

"Right! It's what we use to address each other with," says Rose, nodding.

"Yeah, everypony has a name, so you both should have one too," says Bon Bon with a small smile.

"I see…" says the white alicorn, blinking.

"Ah, the inhabitants of the Everfree Forest have already said our names…" says the blue alicorn with wide eyes.

"Aye," says the white alicorn, nodding.

"H-hey, Rose, what are they talking about?" asks Bon Bon, leaning her head.

"Just be quiet and listen!" says Rose, glaring.

"Rose, Bon Bon, as for our names…" says the white alicorn with an unwavering gaze.

"Y-yes!" says Rose with a sheepish grin.

"Wh-what is it?" asks Bon Bon, gulping.

"My name is Sun," he says, smiling.

"And my name is Moon," he says with a small smile.

"Weird, they're simpler than I thought…" says Rose, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"Yeah, but they really suit them! I mean, they look like they're the Sun and Moon!" says Bon Bon with a grin.

"Aye, that is correct," says Sun, nodding.

"We are the Sun and Moon. We have been watching over the world since long ago," says Moon, smiling.

"WHAT!" says Bon Bon with wide eyes.

"Ugh, now my head's starting to hurt…" says Rose, placing a hoof over her forehead.

________________________________________

As flags blow in the air from a building stretching into the sky, a tan mare sits in a chair with her head rested on a hoof while stamping a paper with another. Putting a hoof over the paper, she drags it over the desk next to a stack of papers and lets out a sigh.

"Ugh! I can't take it anymore! Ever since Twilight became a princess, work has been piling up every day!" says the tan mare, throwing her hooves in the air.

As the tan mare slumps in her chair, her legs hit the desk, causing the stack of papers to scatter over the floor.

"Great!" says the tan mare, rolling her eyes. "Now I have to reorganize all of that again! Can things get any worse!"

Through a window, a shadow grows bigger before crashing through, scattering shards of glass over the floor.

"AHH!" says the tan mare, flailing her hooves and falling on the floor from her chair. "Wh-what was that?" she asks, shaking her head.

"O-ow, I should slow down next time…" says a voice.

As the tan mare lifts her head, she sees a gray mare on the floor upside down with her back to the wall and her yellow eyes moving in a circular motion.

"D-Derpy?" says the tan mare, blinking.

"Oh, Mayor Mare! Wait, why are you upside down?" asks Derpy, lifting a brow.

"Ugh…" says Mayor Mare, huffing. She stands on her hooves and walks to Derpy, lifting her up on her hooves.

"Hey, everything's back to normal now!" says Derpy, smiling.

"Derpy, why did you fly through the window?" asks Mayor Mare, frowning.

"Oh, about that, I-I was kind of in a rush and forgot to slow down. Want a muffin?" asks Derpy, bringing a muffin from behind her with a hoof.

"No…" says Mayor Mare, letting out a sigh.

"S-sorry, I screwed up again, didn't I?" asks Derpy with tears welling up in her eyes.

"N-no! Derpy, it's okay! We all make mistakes!" says Mayor Mare, placing a hoof on Derpy's shoulder.

"Yeah, but I'm always making mistakes wherever I go…" says Derpy while tears flow down her cheeks.

"Listen, I do it all the time!" says Mayor Mare, smiling.

"R-really?" asks Derpy, wiping her tears with a hoof.

"Of course! There was this time when I was out, ponies started to look at me. I was wondering what they were looking at until I realized I forgot to dye my mane…" says Mayor Mare, blinking. Her eyes then widen while putting a hoof over her mouth. I can't believe I told her that!

"Oh, don't worry! Everypony in Ponyville knows all about it!" says Derpy, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"S-since when?" asks Mayor Mare with a blue face.

"You know, the whole Gabby Gums thing," says Derpy, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"I-I forgot about that…" says Mayor Mare, letting out a sigh.

"Cheer up!" says Derpy, patting a hoof on Mayor Mare's back.

"Wait, Derpy, why are you here again?" asks Mayor Mare, blinking.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you this, but when I was going home, I saw two alicorns…" says Derpy, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"WHAT!" says Mayor Mare with wide eyes.

"Yeah, you should've seen them, they're really handsome! I thought it was Princess Celestia and Princess Luna at first, but they were both guys I've never seen before!" says Derpy, throwing her hooves in the air.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier!" says Mayor Mare, stomping a hoof.

"You never asked," says Derpy, blinking.

"Ugh!" says Mayor Mare, dragging a hoof down her face. Can this day get any worse!




To be continued…