• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 12,322 Views, 306 Comments

The Sun and Moon - BurnedPigeon



What happens when the Sun and Moon are given a body of an alicorn? Come and join them as they set out in Equestria!

  • ...
28
 306
 12,322

Chapter 6

Untold Truth

________________________________________

Standing next to the entrance of the dining room was the first of the alicorn pair, Sun, facing the mare before him, his eyes slowly going up and down, moving from the mare's white coat that shimmers under the light, and her rainbow mane that flows in a non-existent breeze, the latter, meeting Sun's eyes with an unwavering gaze. Standing next to Sun was Moon, smiling at the blue mare before him, the latter, blinking her eyes at him with her mouth slightly open.

Standing at a distance from Sun and Moon, Highwind slowly looks between the four alicorns, his face dripping with sweat. H-how long are they going to keep looking at each other like that! It's so awkward in here that I can barely breathe!

Highwind then shakes his head. Ugh! That's right! I forgot about that mare! he thinks, his eyes darting about the room before noticing a white mare unconscious on the floor. Oh, there she is!

Moving his hooves, Highwind runs and comes to a stop next to the white mare. "Madam, are you okay?" he asks, lifting the mare and fanning a hoof over her face.

Slowly, the white mare's eyes open. "What a strange dream…" she says, rubbing a hoof to her eye.

Closing his eyes, Highwind lets out a sigh. "I'm glad you're fine," he says, lifting the white mare up on her hooves.

"Thank you, good sir," says the white mare with a smile. "Oh! I'm sorry, but is this Canterlot? Do forgive me as my memory is a bit hazy…" she says, rubbing a hoof to her forehead.

"Yeah, we're still in Canterlot, Rarity," says a voice.

Turning their head, Highwind and Rarity see a purple alicorn walking over to them.

"Oh, Twilight, are we still having tea with the princesses?" asks Rarity, blinking.

"I-I don't think right now is the best time for that…" says Twilight, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"And why is that?" asks Rarity, raising a brow.

"You should probably see for yourself…" says Twilight, pointing a hoof.

"You're probably just exaggerating it, Twilight," says Rarity, rolling her eyes. She then follows Twilight's hoof. "What could possibly be more important than our tea get-together with the princesses-"

Rarity's eyes widen at the sight of Moon and Sun, standing in the distance. Her eyes quickly move from Moon's flowing silky mane while his coat glistens under the light of the room before moving to Sun's tall and slender body to his eyes that resemble a sunset.

"Who? Wh-what? Where?" asks Rarity, her breathing growing heavy.

"Rarity, I know what you're thinking, but please calm down! Take deep breaths!" says Twilight, putting a hoof on Rarity's shoulder.

Placing a hoof on her chest, Rarity quickly breathes in and out while fanning a hoof over her face. Her eyes then roll up as she places a hoof over her forehead before falling on the floor.

"Ugh…" says Twilight, placing a hoof over her face.

"I don't mean to bother you, but will she be okay?" asks Highwind, raising a brow.

"Yeah, she'll be fine, I think…" says Twilight, sighing.

"Well, if you say so…" says Highwind, looking down at Rarity before shrugging.

"Oh, sorry, and you must be?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Ah, I think we haven't met yet, Princess Twilight. I'm Commander Highwind. Pleased to meet you," he says, bowing his head.

Twilight frowns. Guess I'm still not used to the whole princess thing yet… she thinks, letting out a sigh.

"Is something wrong, Your Highness?" asks Highwind, frowning.

"Huh? Oh! N-nothing!" says Twilight, waving off a hoof. "A-anyway, could you tell me about those two?" she asks, pointing a hoof at Sun and Moon.

Highwind follows Twilight's hoof before facing her. "Oh, about that. The white alicorn you see is Prince Sun, and the other is Prince Moon. I don't know much, but they've come here to Canterlot to meet with you."

"Really?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"Yes. It was a sudden notice from the mayor in Ponyville. She stated in a letter that they suddenly appeared in Ponyville and doesn't know where they've come from or any other details about them," says Highwind, rubbing his head with a hoof.

"That's strange…" says Twilight, blinking.

"Yeah, I was hoping that you might know them, but from the look on your face, I doubt it…" says Highwind, sighing.

"S-sorry…" says Twilight, frowning.

"Hey, Twilight!" says a voice.

Highwind and Twilight see four mares, a blue and orange one, a pink one taking a bite from a cake in her hoof, and a yellow one hiding behind the group.

"Oh, girls," says Twilight, smiling.

The orange mare notices Rarity on the floor before raising a brow and facing Twilight. "Let me guess. Rarity's out cold because of those two, right?" she asks, pointing a hoof at Sun and Moon.

"Yeah," says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

"So, any idea what's going on?" asks the blue mare, raising a brow.

"Oh, about that, Rainbow. I was asking Commander Highwind here about those two. To put it shortly, the white one is Sun and the blue one is Moon. Apparently, they came to Canterlot to meet with me."

"Really?" asks Rainbow, blinking. She then looks at Sun and Moon before facing Twilight. "Doesn't look like that to me. It's more like they're having a staring contest with the princesses."

"Pfft! Good one, Rainbow Dash!" says the pink mare, laughing as crumbs of cake spray from her mouth and lands on Rainbow.

"Ugh! Don't talk with your mouth full, Pinkie!" says Rainbow, shielding herself with a hoof.

"Oops! Sorry!" says Pinkie before shoving the last piece of cake from her hoof into her mouth.

"So, where are they from? I mean, bein' alicorns and all, shouldn't anypony have heard about them?" asks the orange mare, rubbing her chin with a hoof.

"I don't know, Applejack. But Commander Highwind was explaining that to me," says Twilight, facing Highwind. "Sorry for the interruption, but can you continue?"

"Of course," says Highwind, nodding. "Now then-"

"Hey, guys!" says Pinkie.

"Ugh! What now, Pinkie!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"That Moon guy is doing something!" says Pinkie, pointing a hoof.

Following Pinkie's hoof, Twilight and her friends see Moon walking over to Luna. Stopping, Moon towers over the mare before him with a smile as Luna blinks at him with an open mouth.

"What's he doing?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"Shhh!" says Pinkie, pulling a bag of popcorn from behind her with a hoof.

"Wait, what? Pinkie, where did you get the popcorn?" asks Rainbow with wide eyes.

"Huh? Oh, want some?" asks Pinkie, offering the bag of popcorn to Rainbow with a hoof as she shoves another hoof with popcorn in her mouth.

"B-but! Ugh! Just forget it!" says Rainbow, huffing and folding her hooves.

"Well, you want some or not?" asks Pinkie, raising a brow.

"Whatever," says Rainbow, shrugging. She then grabs a hoof-full of popcorn and shoves it in her mouth.

As Twilight and her friends watch, they gasp as Moon lifts a hoof and inches it towards Luna's face.

Noticing Moon's hoof, Luna jumps away from him. "Wh-what are you doing!" she says, glaring.

"Ah, forgive me. I did not mean to startle thee…" says Moon, frowning and lowering his hoof.

"Startle? Startle! You suddenly appear before me and try to touch my face as if you knew me!" says Luna, stomping a hoof and cracking the floor as her lips pull back, revealing her teeth.

"Um, guys, shouldn't we do somethin'?" asks Applejack, frowning.

"Are you crazy! Didn't you see her crack the floor like it was nothing! I mean, I'm awesome and all, but I wouldn't mess with somepony like Princess Luna that's about to blow her bits!" says Rainbow, placing a hoof over her chest.

"Rainbow's right. Even I'm not sure if I can calm Princess Luna down after seeing that," says Pinkie before shoving a hoof with popcorn in her mouth.

"Pinkie, how can you be eating popcorn at a time like this?" asks Twilight, glaring.

"Want some?" asks Pinkie, offering the bag of popcorn with a hoof.

"NO!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Well, your loss," says Pinkie, shrugging.

"Ugh…" says Twilight, dragging a hoof down her face. She then jerks before blinking her eyes, looking behind herself. "Fluttershy, what are you doing?"

"S-sorry, Twilight, but Princess Luna is kind of scary right now…" says Fluttershy, pressing her face on Twilight's back.

"Great…" says Twilight, sighing. She then looks ahead, frowning at Luna. But this is the first time I've seen her like this…

"Listen here, whoever you are! Don't think for a second you can just waltz in here and do whatever you please!" says Luna, clicking her tongue.

Moon hangs his head, frowning.

"Luna, please calm down," says the white alicorn, furrowing her brows.

"But, Tia!" says Luna, pointing a hoof at Moon. "He tried to touch-"

"That is enough! This is unforgivable for a princess like you! I won't tolerate any more disrespect towards our guests!" says Celestia, glaring.

"S-sorry…" says Luna, hanging her head and biting her bottom lip.

"I'm very sorry about my sister's behavior. Please forgive her…" says Celestia, bowing her head to Moon.

"Nay, 'tis I that should ask for thy forgiveness…" says Moon, shaking his head.

How polite… thinks Celestia, blinking. "You seem to know my sister, but I can't say the same for her. Luna, are you sure you haven't met him?" she asks, facing her sister.

Luna looks at Moon, her eyes moving from his flowing blue mane to his ice blue eyes. "I'm sure of it…" she says, glaring.

"If that's the case, then did you mistake my sister for somepony else?" asks Celestia, facing Moon.

"Nay," says Moon, shaking his head. "Azure One and I have met long ago."

"Azure One? I'm sorry, but who is this Azure One?" asks Celestia, blinking.

Lifting a hoof, Moon points at Luna, the latter, her eyes widening.

"Wait, what! Princess Luna said that she's never met Moon before, but Moon is saying that he met her! Ugh! It's so confusing!" says Rainbow, ruffling her mane with her hooves.

"I know, right! It's driving me crazy!" says Pinkie, throwing her bag of popcorn in the air before dragging her hooves down her face.

"Applejack, can you tell if Moon is lying or not?" asks Twilight, frowning.

"Even I'm not sure anymore, but Moon's tellin' the truth…" says Applejack, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"Then is Princess Luna lying?" asks Fluttershy, placing a hoof over her mouth.

"Nope. She's also tellin' the truth…" says Applejack, sighing.

"If Moon and Luna are both telling the truth, then what's going on?" asks Twilight, dragging a hoof down her face.

"Well, there's no point in rattlin' our brains. Let's just wait and see," says Applejack, folding her hooves.

"I guess…" says Twilight, letting out a sigh.

Luna's mouth opens, blinking her eyes at Moon. She then shakes her head and slowly points a hoof at herself. "M-me?"

"Aye," says Moon, nodding and smiling.

"Luna, are you being honest with me?" asks Celestia, glaring.

"I am! I really am!" says Luna, stomping a hoof. "Tia, he must be lying! I swear to you that I've never met him in my entire-"

"Forgive me, but the words that Moon speak are naught but the truth," says Sun, standing next to Moon.

Oh, so his name is Moon… thinks Celestia, facing Moon. She then looks at Sun. "And you must be?"

"Sun," he says, nodding.

Sun… Sun… thinks Celestia, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Sun, if what you're saying is true, then why does Luna not remember anything about Moon?"

"Luna…" says Moon, his eyes widening. He then faces Sun. "Sun, please allow me to explain everything."

Sun stares into Moon's eyes, the latter, facing Sun with a watery gaze. Sun then closes his eyes before opening them, looking at Moon with a soft glow within his gaze.

"Aye," says Sun, smiling.

Moon's eyes widen. He then closes his eyes and puts his lips on Sun's cheek. "Thank you," he says, removing his lips from Sun's cheek, opening his eyes, and smiles.

Geh! The kissing again! thinks Highwind, his face burning red while coughing into a hoof.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why'd Moon kiss Sun!" says Rainbow, her cheeks turning bright red.

"I don't know, but Rarity's missing out…" says Pinkie, blinking with a shade of red in her cheeks.

"Well, that's somethin' you don't see often…" says Applejack, tilting her hat down with a hoof that covers her bright red face.

"Oh my…" says Fluttershy, covering her beet red face with her hooves while her wings stretch out.

"Fluttershy, your wings! Your wings!" says Twilight, pointing a hoof.

"Uh, Twilight, your wings are out too," says Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"O-oh, haha…" says Twilight, quickly folding her wings as red creeps from her chin to the tip of her ears.

H-how could they do something so embarrassing like that in front of others! thinks Luna, her cheeks turning bright red while rubbing an arm with a hoof.

Th-that was unexpected… thinks Celestia, her cheeks turning red while placing a hoof over her mouth.

Moon then faces Luna and Celestia, frowning. "Forgive me, and I thank both of thee for thy patience."

Luna shakes her head. "N-no, it's fine…" she says, coughing into a hoof.

"There's no need to apologize," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

Moon smiles and nods. "Now then, Sun and I have traveled here after receiving aid from the inhabitants of this world. Through our search, they informed us that we should be able to find the pony we have been searching for by meeting with the princess that resides in Ponyville."

"U-um, excuse me!" says Twilight, waving a hoof.

"And whom might thou be?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"I-I'm Twilight Sparkle," she says, placing a hoof on her chest. "I'm the princess you mentioned that lives in Ponyville."

"Ah, so thou art the princess that resides in Ponyville," says Moon, smiling.

"Yes, and I wanted to ask something. Did you and Sun come here to see me?" asks Twilight, pointing a hoof at herself.

"Aye," says Moon, nodding.

"Well, is there something you need from me?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Nay," says Moon, shaking his head. "It seems that Sun and I finally found what we have been searching for."

"I'm guessing it's Princess Luna," says Twilight, rubbing her chin with a hoof.

"Aye," says Moon with a small smile.

"Um, do you mind if I ask where you both came from?" asks Twilight, rubbing her head with a hoof. "I mean, I've never seen you and Sun before-"

"Twilight, I know you have questions, but could you let me handle this?" asks Luna, placing a hoof on Twilight's shoulder.

"O-oh, um, sure…" says Twilight, frowning. She then walks over to her friends while hanging her head. But there's a lot of questions I wanted to ask Moon and Sun…

"Now then, Moon, I don't know who you are, but you seem to know me personally. I'll ask the same thing as Twilight, where did you come from?" asks Luna, furrowing her brows.

Moon blinks. He then slowly closes his eyes before opening them. "The Moon."

"The Moon? And what about it?" asks Luna, raising a brow.

"Time has passed since I last saw thee, and now I am finally able to speak to thee. Thou must be confused as to how I know thee. 'Tis given since thou hast not seen me in this form," says Moon, frowning.

"I-I'm sorry, but you're not making any sense. What is this form you're talking about?" asks Luna, blinking.

"At a time, thou were once inside the Moon…" says Moon with a small smile.

"Wh-why are you bringing this up?" asks Luna with wide eyes.

"Because I am the Moon…" says Moon with a soft glow within his gaze.

"Is this some sort of… a joke to you?" asks Luna, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Joke?" says Moon, tilting his head.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME!" says Luna as her powerful voice echoes throughout the room.

"Ugh, I thought my ears were about to blow…" says Rainbow, rubbing her hooves on her ears.

"Wh-why is Luna so angry all of a sudden?" asks Twilight, rubbing her ears with her hooves.

"Huh? Did you say something, Twilight?" asks Pinkie, blinking her eyes and rubbing her ear with a hoof.

"I said, why is Luna angry!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"What was that?" asks Pinkie, putting a hoof to her ear.

"Ugh! Forget it!" says Twilight, placing a hoof over her face.

"Um, Twilight?" says Applejack, nudging Twilight's shoulder with a hoof.

"Huh? Oh, Applejack, what's wrong?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"You might want to look at that…" says Applejack, pointing a hoof.

Following Applejack's hoof, Twilight's eyes widen, seeing a flowing stream of tears trailing down Luna's face.

"Why is she crying?" asks Twilight, frowning.

"I don't know, but Moon probably said somethin' to make her that mad," says Applejack, shrugging.

From afar, Celestia frowns as her eyes move back and forth between Luna and Moon. Why did Moon bring up that memory again? And why did he mention about being the Moon itself?

Wh-why can't I stop crying? thinks Luna, wiping her tears with a hoof. Her eyes then quickly widen, noticing Moon reaching out a hoof towards her as she swipes his hoof away with her own. "How dare you try to take advantage of my carelessness!" she says, glaring.

"Forgive me…" says Moon, frowning and lowering his hoof. "Please let me explain-"

"And to tell another lie!" says Luna, baring her teeth. "Why… why do you constantly tell me lies! How can I believe such a ridiculous thing when you suddenly tell me that you're the Moon!"

"I-I did not mean to cause thee any harm…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Enough! I already heard enough! Just stop it and leave me alone!" says Luna, closing her eyes as tears seep through them.

Watching from a distance, Twilight frowns at Luna. Isn't there something I can do? she thinks, hanging her head.

"U-um, Twilight?" says a voice.

"Huh?" says Twilight, lifting and turning her head. "O-oh, hey, Fluttershy…"

"You know, I've never seen Princess Luna this sad before…" says Fluttershy, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"Y-yeah…" says Twilight, frowning.

"Do you think she will be okay after this?" asks Fluttershy, her brows gathering in.

"I-I don't know…" says Twilight, closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"Um, Princess Twilight?" says a voice.

"Oh, Commander Highwind, did you need something?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"About what you and your friend were talking about, do you mind if I say something?" asks Highwind, wrinkling his brows.

"Sure…" says Twilight with a small smile.

"About Princess Luna and Prince Moon, I kind of overheard their conversation just now, and I think I know why Princess Luna's like that…" says Highwind, rubbing a hoof behind his head.

"Really?" asks Twilight with wide eyes.

"What happened?" asks Fluttershy, blinking.

"Prince Moon kind of brought up Princess Luna's past by mentioning about her imprisonment in the Moon. As for the rest of the conversation, I couldn't make it out…" says Highwind, sighing.

"Oh my. So that's what happened…" says Fluttershy, placing a hoof over her mouth.

"Wait, why is Moon bringing up Luna's past in the first place?" asks Twilight, lifting a brow.

"I-I'm not sure…" says Highwind, sighing.

"Well, I guess that explains why Luna suddenly got so mad. I mean, Luna was sealed away for a thousand years, and even I would get angry if some random pony brought up a memory that I wanted to forget…" says Twilight, frowning.

"Y-yeah…" says Highwind, slowly nodding.

"Then should we stop them?" asks Fluttershy, blinking.

"No," says Twilight, shaking her head. "It'd probably be even worse if we interrupt…"

"O-oh…" says Fluttershy, hanging her head.

"Believe me, I'd like to try and do something, but all we can do is wait and see how things turn out, I guess…" says Twilight, dragging a hoof down her face.

Celestia looks at Luna, frowning. Oh, Luna, I know what you're facing is difficult, but you have to overcome this yourself. Please stay strong…

Why? Why must I go through that feeling again? It hurts so much just remembering being trapped… in that cold place! I thought I left it in the past and moved on! thinks Luna, closing her eyes and wiping her tears with a hoof.

"Luna, forgive me…" says Moon, reaching out a hoof and places it on Luna's cheek.

Luna's eyes quickly open, seeing Moon's hoof before glaring. "You… I told you not to touch-"

Slowly, Luna's eyes widen as her surroundings fade away and turn pitch dark.

"Wh-where is everypony! Tia! Twilight! Anypony!" says Luna, her lips trembling. She then stomps a hoof. "If this is a prank or something, then it's not funny! I'm serious!"

As Luna's voice echoes through the darkness, she quickly looks left and right with her eyes shrinking.

N-no! It's like when I was trapped inside the Moon! thinks Luna with tears trailing down her cheeks. She then closes her eyes and lifts her head. "Please! Anypony! Answer me! I-I don't want to be alone again!"

Within the shadows, a light is seen far in the distance, which Luna slowly opens and squints her eyes. Her eyes then widen, opening her mouth at the sight of a blue planet, colored in a beautiful green.

"Wh-what is this place?" asks Luna, looking left and right as her eyes reflect lights that flicker above.

Luna then notices a light from the corner of her eyes. She turns her head, her eyes widening upon seeing a large light that casts its warm glow on her.

"W-wait, is that the Sun?" asks Luna, blinking.

Luna's eyes then widen as her surroundings turn dark, which she quickly closes her eyes.

"Wh-why is it cold all of a sudden?" asks Luna, blinking her eyes open. She notices the ground colored in white and large craters that cover the surface around her. Turning her head, her eyes widen at a familiar blue planet in the distance. "Am I standing on… the Moon?"

Once more, a blinding light appears as Luna quickly closes her eyes. Slowly, she opens her eyes as tears trickle down her face. "I-I can't believe it. That cold feeling, it's the same as your hoof. Moon, are you really… the Moon?"

"Aye…" says Moon with a small smile.

"You really are the Moon…" says Luna, rubbing a hoof on Moon's cheek, the latter, standing in place with a soft glow within his gaze.

"W-wait, hold up a second! Luna looked like she was about to blow everything to bits! But now she's all touchy with Moon…" says Rainbow, rubbing her head with a hoof.

"Beats me," says Applejack, shrugging.

"But I'm glad she's not mad anymore," says Fluttershy, smiling.

"You know, I'm kind of surprised that Rarity didn't wake up after all that noise earlier," says Pinkie, poking Rarity's cheek with a hoof.

"And I thought I was a heavy sleeper…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

"Um, Twilight, do you know what happened to Luna?" asks Fluttershy, blinking.

"S-sorry, I don't…" says Twilight, shaking her head.

What's going on? Why did Luna suddenly change after Moon touched her? thinks Celestia, frowning.

"Tia!" says Luna, running and stopping before her sister with a wide smile.

"Wh-what is it, Luna?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"Tia, you wouldn't believe this! That's Moon!" says Luna, pointing a hoof at Moon.

"Luna, I already know his name is Moon…" says Celestia, furrowing her brows.

"No!" says Luna, shaking her head. "What I mean is that he is the Moon! The very Moon I was entrusted to raise every night!"

Wh-what is she talking about? thinks Celestia with an open mouth. "Luna, I'm sorry to say this, but how can he be the very Moon that brings the night?"

"I-I know it sounds ridiculous, but please believe me!" says Luna, stomping a hoof.

"And do you have proof?" asks Celestia, glaring.

"N-no, I don't…" says Luna, hanging her head.

"Luna…" says Celestia, sighing. "Please be honest with me-"

"When he touched me…" says Luna, lifting her head and facing Celestia with an unwavering gaze. "When Moon touched my face, I saw something which convinced me that he is the Moon, something I've never seen before."

"And that is?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"A view of our world. A view that only he had seen for so long…" says Luna, frowning.

A view of our world? thinks Celestia with wide eyes. "Luna, I don't understand. What are you talking-"

"Don't you get it, Tia! Moon has always been watching over the world! And if you don't believe me, I'll prove it to you!" says Luna, stomping a hoof. She then turns her head, facing Moon. "Moon, could you touch my sister's face as you did to me?"

"Aye," says Moon, nodding. He then walks before coming to a stop in front of Celestia. "Forgive me, but it seems that I have not heard thy name."

"Celestia," she says, glaring.

"Greetings, Celestia," says Moon, smiling.

"O-oh, and to you as well, Moon," says Celestia, blinking.

"Now then…" says Moon, lifting a hoof to Celestia's face.

Seeing Moon's hoof getting closer, Celestia quickly shuts her eyes. She then slowly opens her eyes, blinking. "Luna, was something supposed to happen when Moon touches my face?"

"Y-yes, you're supposed to see something…" says Luna with an open mouth.

"But nothing happened…" says Celestia, frowning.

"B-but it should've worked! I mean, when Moon touched my face, I was able to see it! Moon, are you sure you're doing it right!" says Luna, stomping a hoof.

"Aye," says Moon, nodding and removing his hoof from Celestia's cheek.

Then why didn't it work? thinks Luna, rubbing her chin with a hoof. Her eyes then widen, noticing Sun walking past her. Wh-what is he doing?

As Sun walks, his eyes remain on Celestia. Noticing Sun, Moon moves to the side as Sun comes to a stop, towering over Celestia, the latter, meeting his eyes with an unwavering gaze.

"Thy name is Celestia, correct?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"Y-yes…" says Celestia, frowning.

"Now then, Celestia. As to what Moon has done to Luna, I shall do the same to thee. However, if thou dost not agree, then I understand," says Sun, smiling.

How considerate… thinks Celestia, blinking. She then looks at Luna, seeing her watery gaze. "Luna, I-I'm not sure if I should go through with this…"

"Tia, please give it a chance. I know Moon and Sun have no intention to harm anypony. Besides, I'm sure you'll see how important Sun is to you as to how Moon is to me…" says Luna with a small smile.

"Luna…" says Celestia with wide eyes. She then lets out a sigh before facing Sun with an unwavering gaze. "Sun, if this will let me understand you and Moon, then please continue."

"I see," says Sun, smiling.

Reaching out a hoof, Sun places it on Celestia's cheek, causing her eyes to widen as the room around her turns dark. In the distance, a bright light comes into view, which Celestia shields her eyes with a hoof.

"Is it over?" asks Celestia, lowering her hoof and blinking her eyes. Her eyes then widen, seeing a blue planet, colored with green, and a white glowing circle in the distance. This must be what Luna was talking about. There's the Moon, along with the world…

At the corner of her eyes, Celestia notices a light and turns her head, her eyes widening upon a bright light in the distance.

"Th-this warm feeling. That's the Sun…" says Celestia with an open mouth.

Once more, a bright light appears as Celestia closes her eyes. She then opens her eyes, seeing Sun, smiling.

"Now I understand. Sun, you're the Sun…" says Celestia with wide eyes.

"Aye…" says Sun, nodding.

"And you're the Moon…" says Celestia, facing Moon.

"Aye…" says Moon, smiling.

"Do you believe me now, Tia?" asks Luna, chuckling as she stands next to Moon.

"Y-yes, and I'm sorry for doubting you, Luna…" says Celestia, frowning.

"There's no need to apologize. Even I was suspecting Moon at first, but now I don't know what to say…" says Luna, facing Moon with a smile, the latter, smiling.

"Neither do I…" says Celestia, facing Sun, the latter, tilting his head.

"Now that we know who Moon and Sun really are, what should we do?" asks Luna, blinking.

"Well, we should probably let Twilight and her friends know about Sun and Moon. It's the least we could do after making them wait," says Celestia with a small smile.

"Ugh! I feel terrible for ignoring them this whole time…" says Luna, dragging a hoof down her face. "It's only right that we let them know-"

"Forgive me, Luna, but is there food?" asks Moon, frowning and placing a hoof over his stomach.

"Forgive me, Celestia, but I wish to eat as well…" says Sun, wrinkling his brows and putting a hoof over his stomach.

"Maybe we should tell Twilight and her friends at the table," says Luna with a small laugh.

"You're right," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth. She then turns her head, facing Twilight. "I'm so sorry for making you and your friends wait, Twilight, but please bring everypony to the table. Luna and I will explain everything that's happened so far."

"Okay!" says Twilight, smiling. She then faces her friends. "Well, girls, you heard her. Let's go!"

"Does that mean we get seconds?" asks Pinkie, licking her lips.

"Uh, Pinkie, didn't you just eat a whole lot of cake and stuff when we got here, and all that popcorn you just ate?" asks Applejack, raising a brow.

"Yeah, but everything in Canterlot is so good!" says Pinkie, jumping in the air. She then runs to the table, grabbing different pastries with her hooves and shoving them in her mouth.

"Pinkie, Pinkie, Pinkie…" says Applejack, rolling her eyes before trotting off to the table.

"Hey, Pinkie, stop eating everything and leave some for us!" says Rainbow, stomping a hoof.

"Um, Rainbow Dash?" says Fluttershy, tapping her hooves together.

"Huh? Oh, what's wrong, Fluttershy?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"Well, what should we do about Rarity?" asks Fluttershy, frowning.

"She's still sleeping?" asks Rainbow, blinking.

"Yes, and she won't wake up…" says Fluttershy, nudging Rarity's side with a hoof.

"Sheesh…" says Rainbow, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof. Her eyes then light up. "Oh, I got an idea!"

"What is it?" asks Fluttershy, blinking.

"Just watch!" says Rainbow, grinning. She then faces Rarity. "Hey, Rarity! Opal is scratching up your dresses again!"

Rarity's eyes shoot open and quickly stands on her hooves, darting her eyes. "Not again! When I get my hooves on her, I'll… wait, where's Opal?"

"So, you awake yet, Rarity?" asks Rainbow, snickering with a hoof over her mouth.

"Rainbow, will you please stop making jokes like that!" says Rarity, stomping a hoof.

Rainbow rolls her eyes. "Just hurry up! Twilight and the others are waiting for us!" she says, pointing a hoof.

"Really?" asks Rarity, following Rainbow's hoof as her eyes widen upon seeing Sun and Moon. "Who? Wh-what? Where?" she asks as her breathing grows heavy.

"Oh no! She's doing it again! Rarity, take deep breaths! Deep breaths!" says Fluttershy, flailing her hooves.

Putting a hoof on her chest, Rarity quickly breathes in and out while fanning a hoof over her face. Her eyes then roll up as she places a hoof over her forehead before falling on the floor.

"Not this time!" says Rainbow, catching Rarity with her hooves and lifting her up. She then pushes Rarity from behind with her head as Rarity slides over the floor while flailing her hooves.

"W-wait, Rainbow Dash, I think my mane is a mess!" says Rarity, rubbing her mane with a hoof.

"Looks good to me," says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

"B-but I think my makeup is ruined!" says Rarity, putting her hooves on her cheeks.

"Don't worry about it!" says Rainbow, huffing.

"NO!" says Rarity, closing her eyes as tears seep through them.

"Oh, Rarity," says Fluttershy, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

Well, I'm glad everything turned out okay… thinks Highwind, smiling. He then turns and trots to the doors in front of him.

"Highwind?" says a voice.

"Huh? O-oh, Princess Celestia, did you need something?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Would you like to join us? We still have a lot of food," says Celestia with a small laugh.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll have to refuse since there's more work for me to do," says Highwind with a small smile.

"Come now, a little break won't hurt. You deserve it after all the work you've done for the Royal Guard," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"W-well, if you say so, then I guess I'll accept your offer," says Highwind, smiling.

Celestia smiles before turning and walking to the table, while Highwind hangs his head.

Looks like I have a long day ahead of me… thinks Highwind, sighing.

________________________________________

Sitting at the dining table, everypony blinks their eyes, watching as Sun and Moon each use a hoof to bring a plate with a pastry on it. They then lower their head, squinting their eyes, while staring at the pastry before pushing them back to their respective spots.

"Eh-hem," says Celestia, coughing into a hoof. "Everypony, as you may have noticed, we have two important guests that are here with us today."

"No kidding…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

Lifting an arm, Applejack elbows Rainbow on the side.

"OW! What was that for!" says Rainbow, rubbing a hoof to her side.

"Just listen, okay?" asks Applejack, raising a brow.

"Whatever…" says Rainbow, huffing.

"Now then, allow me to introduce them. Sitting next to me is Sun," says Celestia, pointing a hoof to Sun.

"Greetings," says Sun, nodding.

"Sitting next to Luna is Moon," says Celestia, pointing a hoof at Moon.

"Greetings," says Moon, smiling.

"Sun, Moon, allow me to introduce the girls," says Celestia, pointing a hoof at Twilight. "You already met her before, but this is Twilight Sparkle."

"It's an honor to meet you both," says Twilight with a smile.

"Sitting next to Twilight is Applejack," says Celestia.

"Pleasure to meet you both," says Applejack, tipping her hat with a hoof.

"Next to Applejack is Rainbow Dash," says Celestia.

"Hey," says Rainbow, lifting a hoof.

"This is Fluttershy," says Celestia, pointing a hoof.

"N-nice to meet you both…" says Fluttershy, bowing her head.

"And this is Rarity," says Celestia, pointing a hoof.

Lowering her head, Rarity faces the table as she fidgets with her hooves.

"Rarity?" says Celestia, blinking.

"O-oh! Yes!" says Rarity, quickly lifting her head.

"Are you okay?" asks Celestia, frowning.

"Y-yes! I'm quite fine!" says Rarity with a sheepish grin.

"Rarity, can I say a few words to thee?" asks Moon, blinking.

"O-of course, Your Highness!" says Rarity, nodding her head while sweat drips down her face.

"'Tis important to tend to thy health. I do not wish to trouble thee over a simple matter as our greetings to one another…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Your Highness…" says Rarity with wide eyes. She then smiles. "Don't worry. I'm fine and thank you for worrying."

"I see, and feel free to address me as Moon," he says, smiling.

"I-I will!" says Rarity, grinning with bright red cheeks.

It's amazing how polite Sun and Moon are… thinks Celestia, blinking.

Moon, what else is there that I don't know about you? thinks Luna, facing Moon with a small smile.

"Oh! Oh! I'm next!" says Pinkie, lifting a hoof.

"Then I won't stop you, Pinkie. Go ahead," says Celestia, chuckling.

"Hi, Sun! Hi, Moon! I'm Pinkie Pie! Nice to meet you!" says Pinkie with a wide smile. "So, when is your birthday? What kind of food do you like? Because cupcakes are my favorite! Oh! Maybe you guys should come over to Sugarcube Corner sometime! There are a lot of tasty things you should try there! And then maybe-"

"Pinkie Pie, I'm sure you're eager to know more about our two guests, but please wait. There is an important matter that Luna and I must tell you and your friends," says Celestia, smiling.

"Okay! I can wait!" says Pinkie, grinning.

"Thank you," says Celestia, chuckling. "And last, we have a special guest with us, everypony. Sun, Moon, seeing as you already met him, allow me to introduce him once more. This is Commander Highwind and thanks for joining us," she says, pointing a hoof.

"No, the pleasure is mine, Your Highness," says Highwind, bowing his head. "And it's an honor to eat with you both," he says, bowing his head to Sun and Moon.

"Now that introductions are aside, everypony, there is something that my sister and I would like to discuss with all of you…" says Celestia, frowning.

"Yes, and something that will change the way you see our world…" says Luna, furrowing her brows.

"Wh-what is it?" asks Twilight, biting her bottom lip.

"Now then…" says Celestia, sighing. "You see, Sun and Moon are actually the-"

"Celestia?" says Sun.

"Y-yes?" says Celestia, blinking.

"Forgive me for interrupting, but is there any muffins?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"Muffins? Yes, we should have some, if I remember correctly…" says Celestia, darting her eyes on the table below.

"Oh, about those muffins, Pinkie kind of ate them all…" says Applejack, glaring at Pinkie.

"S-sorry!" says Pinkie with a sheepish grin.

"I see…" says Sun, furrowing his brows.

"Um, Sun, I know it's not a muffin, but would you like to try some of this bread? I think you might like it," says Celestia, pushing a plate of brown bread with a hoof.

"What is this?" asks Sun, poking the bread with a hoof.

"It's called banana bread. It's one of my favorites," says Celestia, smiling.

"I see…" says Sun, lowering his head and biting a piece of the bread. His eyes then light up before closing them and chewing with a smile.

"So, is it to your liking, Sun?" asks Celestia, blinking.

Sun then gulps before facing Celestia with a small smile. "Aye."

"I'm glad you like it," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth. She then faces Twilight and her friends. "Now then, everypony, what I'm about to tell you may seem a bit strange…"

"Uh, I don't mean to be rude and all, but what are you talking about? I mean, with all the crazy stuff we dealt with back then, what could be weirder than that?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"And I'm very grateful to you and your friends, Rainbow Dash. Without your friendship, we wouldn't be having a peaceful morning like this, so I hope you all continue to do your best," says Celestia with a small smile.

"Sure thing!" says Rainbow, smirking.

"So, Princess Celestia, what's so important about Sun and Moon here?" asks Applejack, blinking.

"Oh, about that, Applejack," says Celestia, smiling. "You see, Sun and Moon are actually the-"

Highwind's mouth drops on the table.

"H-how bold!" says Rarity, placing her hooves over her mouth as red creeps from her chin to her ears.

"Wh-whoa, I didn't see that coming…" says Rainbow with wide eyes and bright red cheeks.

"Y-yeah…" says Applejack, tipping her hat down with a hoof as her hat covers her beet red face.

"Oh my…" says Fluttershy, her cheeks turning red while placing a hoof over her mouth.

"Okay, I can't miss this!" says Pinkie, bringing a camera from behind her with a hoof and holding it up to her face. She then uses another hoof and presses a button on the camera, causing a flash of light.

"Pinkie!" says Twilight, glaring.

"Ugh! Fine…" says Pinkie, tossing the camera to the side before folding her hooves.

Twilight then looks at Celestia and Sun, her cheeks burning red while biting a hoof. O-oh my gosh! How can Sun just kiss her like that!

I-I've never seen any stallion brave enough to make a move on Tia before… thinks Luna, her mouth hanging open while her cheeks turn red as an apple.

"Sun, wh-why did you k-k-kiss me?" asks Celestia, her lips trembling as her face turns red while steam comes out her ears.

"I have forgotten to thank thee for thy bread earlier," says Sun, smiling.

"You kissed her for a dumb reason like that!" says Twilight, pounding a hoof on the table. Her eyes widen before placing her hooves over her mouth.

"Nice one, Twilight…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

"Haha…" says Twilight, her cheeks turning red while rubbing a hoof behind her head.

C-calm down, Celestia… she thinks, closing her eyes and sighing. She then opens her eyes, facing Sun with a small smile. "You're welcome."

"Luna, forgive me, but what is that?" asks Moon, pointing a hoof.

"Huh?" says Luna, following Moon's hoof. Her eyes come upon a donut on a plate, sitting below her. "Oh, that's a blueberry donut. It's actually a favorite of mine. Do you want to try it?"

"Aye," says Moon, smiling and nodding.

"I can see you're eager to have some," says Luna with a small laugh. Using a hoof, she pushes the plate with a donut to Moon. "Go ahead. Try some."

Moon lowers his head and bites a piece of the donut below him. His eyes then light up before closing them and chewing with a smile on his face.

"Guessing from your face, you like it, don't you?" asks Luna, smirking.

"Aye," says Moon with a small smile.

"I thought so!" says Luna, closing her eyes and puffing her chest. "It goes to show that blueberry is the best flavor for a donut-"

Moon closes his eyes and puts his lips on Luna's cheek, the latter, her eyes widening.

Highwind's mouth drops on the table, cracking it.

"It's not fair! I wonder if Moon would do the same to me if I gave him something…" says Rarity, pouting with a shade of red in her cheeks.

"Don't! I've seen enough mushy stuff for one day…" says Rainbow, gagging.

"I-I have to agree with Rainbow on that…" says Applejack, her cheeks turning red while coughing into a hoof.

"Is Moon still k-kissing Luna?" asks Fluttershy with her hooves over her beet red face.

"Yeah! And somepony won't let me take a picture! Come on, Twilight, just one wouldn't hurt, right?" asks Pinkie, grinning.

"NO!" says Twilight, pounding a hoof on the table.

"M-Moon, why did you k-k-kiss me?" asks Luna with an open mouth.

"To thank thee for the donut," says Moon, smiling.

"You know, Luna, after what Sun did to me, you should've known that Moon would probably do the same if you gave him your donut," says Celestia, giggling with a hoof over mouth.

"I didn't, okay!" says Luna, glaring with bright red cheeks.

"U-um, Princess Celestia?" says Twilight, biting her bottom lip.

"O-oh, Twilight, what's wrong? You don't look well…" says Celestia, frowning.

"I-I'm fine! It's just… I-I don't want to ruin the mood and everything, but I thought you and Luna were going to tell us something about Sun and Moon?" asks Twilight, rubbing her neck with a hoof.

"Ah, I-I'm so sorry, everypony! I can't believe I forgot about that…" says Celestia, placing a hoof over her face.

"I have to apologize as well! Tia and I sort of lost track of things…" says Luna, tapping her hooves together as her cheeks turn into a shade of red.

"More like flirting…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

Applejack lets out a sigh. She then lifts an arm and elbows Rainbow on the side.

"OW! What the hay was that for!" says Rainbow, glaring and rubbing a hoof to her side.

"Maybe be a little more considerate?" asks Applejack, raising a brow.

"Whatever…" says Rainbow, folding her hooves.

"I-I'm sorry about Rainbow, but could you continue to what you were saying, Celestia?" asks Twilight with a sheepish grin.

"R-right!" says Celestia, coughing into a hoof. "Now then, as to what I was saying before. You see, Sun and Moon are quite special…"

"Wait, how special are we talking about?" asks Pinkie, rubbing her chin with a hoof. "Like as in the fate of Equestria kind of special? Or maybe the special kind where the whole world is at stake-"

"Pinkie!" says Twilight, glaring.

"S-sorry!" says Pinkie with a sheepish grin.

"Actually, Pinkie Pie is close," says Luna, blinking.

"Really?" asks Twilight, lifting a brow.

"Luna's right. Everypony, don't be alarmed, but this might change the way you see the world because Sun and Moon are actually… the Sun and Moon," says Celestia.

"Uh, sorry for sayin' this, but… what?" asks Applejack with an open mouth.

"I have to agree with Applejack, seeing that it sounds quite silly for them to actually be the Sun and Moon," says Rarity with a small laugh.

"I'm afraid it's not some jest that my sister is telling, Rarity. It's hard to believe it at first, but I will say this myself. Sun and Moon are the embodiment of the Sun and Moon themselves. They are the very things that my sister and I have been raising day and night…" says Luna, frowning.

"WHAT!" says Highwind with wide eyes.

"O-okay, I take that back! Out of all the weird things we've dealt with, this one takes the cake!" says Rainbow, ruffling her mane with her hooves.

"Wait, if Sun and Moon are here and the Sun and Moon in the sky are there…" says Pinkie before placing both hooves on her head. "Ugh! Just thinking about it is driving me crazy!"

"Y-yeah, I think my head's startin' to hurt…" says Applejack, placing a hoof over her forehead.

"Who would've thought that the Moon and Sun would become such… remarkable stallions!" says Rarity, dragging both hooves down her face.

"That's what you care about?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"Hmph! Don't judge me!" says Rarity, closing her eyes and placing a hoof over her chest.

"I know it sounds like a funny joke, seeing that Moon and Sun, who are supposed to be in the stars, are now sitting and having breakfast with us," says Luna with a small laugh.

"But that's not possible! Actually, how is that even possible? I thought the Moon was just a big rock, and the Sun, a giant ball of gas!" says Twilight, pounding her hooves on the table below.

"Twilight, please calm down," says Celestia, frowning.

"O-oh, sorry…" says Twilight, hanging her head.

"Egghead…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

"Want me to elbow you again, Rainbow?" asks Applejack, glaring.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!" says Rainbow, sweat running down her face.

"Twilight, I know it's hard to believe, but Luna and I are telling you all the truth…" says Celestia, furrowing her brows.

"Um, can I ask something?" asks Fluttershy, lifting a hoof.

"Of course, Fluttershy," says Celestia, smiling.

"How did you know that they're the Sun and Moon?" asks Fluttershy, furrowing her brows.

"Th-that's actually a good question…" says Luna, blinking. She then faces Moon, the latter, with his cheeks puffed out while chewing with a smile. "I don't know what to say…"

"Did I ask something weird? I-I'm sorry…" says Fluttershy, hiding her face behind her mane.

"No, don't apologize…" says Celestia, shaking her head. "It's just that I'm also finding it hard to put it into words…"

"Actually, I think it's better if I tell you and everypony what I saw, Fluttershy. Since you and your friends were watching, do you remember seeing Moon putting his hoof on my face?" asks Luna, blinking.

"Y-yes…" says Fluttershy, nodding.

"Well, when Moon touched my face, I suddenly realized I was standing on the Moon, and in front of me was the world that we all live on. It came to me that this must be the view Moon has been looking at when he was up in the stars. B-but it also felt lonely at the same time…" says Luna, wrinkling her brows.

Turning her head, tears well up in Luna's eyes as she watches Moon lifting a piece of cake with a hoof before shoving it into his mouth, and chewing with a smile.

Moon, how are you able to live with yourself? How can you smile like that after watching the world for who knows how long? If it was me, I would… I would… thinks Luna, biting her bottom lip as tears stream down her face.

"Luna, is something wrong?" asks Moon, frowning.

"Huh? Oh! N-no! It's nothing!" says Luna, wiping the tears from her eyes with a hoof.

"Luna, if there's something on your mind, would you like to talk about it?" asks Celestia, furrowing her brows.

"It's really nothing! It's just something I remembered, that's all…" says Luna, rubbing an arm with a hoof. Just the thought of what Moon has been through is making me remember my imprisonment again…

"Then if you're okay, I'll leave it at that," says Celestia, smiling.

"Thank you, Tia," says Luna with a small smile. She then turns her head before bowing. "And I'm sorry for showing you all a shameful side of me…"

"You don't have to apologize, Luna. If it's something hard to talk about, I understand," says Twilight with a smile.

"Yeah, it's cool. I mean, we all have our days when we feel bummed out," says Rainbow with a small laugh.

"Even I have it rough being in charge of the Royal Guard here every day…" says Highwind, sighing.

"When I'm feeling down, I like to eat something good! Like this donut!" says Pinkie, lifting a hoof with a donut before shoving it into her mouth.

"Well, when I'm feeling moody, I look at the bright side of things," says Rarity, smiling.

"Don't you stuff your face with a bucket of ice cream when that happens?" asks Applejack, lifting a brow.

"Yes, and thanks for telling every other pony here that didn't know!" says Rarity, glaring as her face turns red.

"Oh, uh, sorry?" says Applejack with a sheepish grin.

"If anything, it's me who should apologize…" says Fluttershy, frowning.

"It's okay, Fluttershy. Especially to you all. Thank you," says Luna, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Anyway, going back to Fluttershy's question, I saw the same thing as Luna. When Sun touched my face, I saw the world that we live on, and the Moon as well. However, I also felt something that convinced me that Sun is, well, the Sun. If I were to describe it, it felt warm and gentle, something I've felt many times whenever I raised the Sun. But it's still quite unbelievable, seeing as the Sun is sitting right next to me," says Celestia, facing Sun, the latter, lifting a plate with a slice of cake on it while tilting his head.

"But even if you say that, Princess Celestia, it's still kind of hard to believe it all…" says Twilight, frowning.

"True. But from all the things that happened here in Equestria, what else is there to be surprised about?" asks Celestia, raising a brow.

"You know, she's got a point there, Twilight. A good one too," says Rainbow with a small laugh.

"Yep," says Applejack, chuckling.

"I agree," says Rarity, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

"Yeah, Twilight! I mean, think about all those baddies we dealt with back then! But we still got through it all!" says Pinkie, grinning.

"D-don't forget that it was scary too…" says Fluttershy, frowning.

"Ugh! Some friends you guys are…" says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

It's amazing how Princess Twilight and her friends are able to joke around after putting their lives on the line. I guess that's why they're able to use the Elements of Harmony… thinks Highwind, smiling. He then turns his head as his eyes widen upon seeing Sun and Moon with their eyes closed while clenching their hooves against their stomach. "YOUR HIGHNESSES!" he says, slamming his hooves on the table below.

"Hey! What's your problem, Highwind! I thought my ears were about to explode!" says Rainbow, rubbing her hooves on her ears.

"That was certainly rude! And you scared poor Fluttershy!" says Rarity, stroking a hoof over Fluttershy's head, the latter, with her eyes closed and her hooves wrapped around Rarity as her body shakes.

"I'm sorry! But there's something wrong with Prince Sun and Prince Moon!" says Highwind, pointing a hoof.

Celestia and Luna quickly follow Highwind's hoof. Their eyes widen, seeing Sun and Moon groaning as they lower their head.

"Moon! What's wrong!" says Luna, rubbing a hoof over Moon's back.

"I-I do not know, but forgive me for worrying thee, Luna…" says Moon with a small smile. He then closes his eyes and clenches his teeth.

"Enough! Don't talk anymore, Moon!" says Luna with tears welling up in her eyes. She then faces Celestia with shaking lips. "T-Tia! What's wrong with them!"

"I don't know…" says Celestia, frowning and rubbing a hoof over Sun's back.

"I-I have to apologize to thee as well, Celestia…" says Sun, furrowing his brows. He then closes his eyes and grits his teeth.

"Don't speak, Sun. You'll be okay…" says Celestia with a small smile.

"Commander Highwind, what happened to them!" says Twilight, pounding her hooves on the table below.

"I-I don't know! I was just listening to you and your friends talking and they were suddenly like that!" says Highwind, biting his bottom lip.

"I-is there anything we can do?" asks Rarity, wrinkling her brows.

"Ugh! Isn't there some kind of doctor here in Canterlot!" says Twilight, ruffling her mane with a hoof.

"Tia, what about Doctor Wiseheart? Maybe she can help since she usually stays in the castle," says Luna, furrowing her brows.

"I'm afraid she isn't here. She recently went on a vacation with Melody and Lyrical, and she won't be back until tomorrow morning…" says Celestia, frowning.

"I-I can't believe I forgot about that!" says Luna, dragging a hoof down her face.

"Are you kidding me! Why is she on a vacation at a time like this!" says Rainbow, throwing both hooves in the air.

"How about the city here in Canterlot? There must be a doctor that could help?" asks Fluttershy, blinking.

"No, that wouldn't help…" says Luna, shaking her head.

"And why's that?" asks Applejack, raising a brow.

"Because the doctors in the city don't specialize in alicorns. As to what I asked my sister before, Doctor Wiseheart is the only doctor that treats alicorns. It's the very reason why she is staying here in the castle as our personal doctor…" says Luna, sighing.

"Ugh! That's right! Cadance and I go to her for our checkups as well!" says Twilight, putting a hoof to her face.

"Great! Then what are we supposed to do now!" says Rainbow, folding her hooves.

"QUIET!" says Pinkie, pounding a hoof on the table. "Geez, you're all making so much noise that I can barely think!"

"And what's your idea, Pinkie!" says Rainbow, glaring.

"Well, first off, where's the nearest bathroom?" asks Pinkie, raising a brow.

"Pinkie, this isn't the time to joke around! We have something much more serious to worry about than your bathroom break!" says Twilight, baring her teeth.

"What are you talking about? The bathroom is for Moon and Sun," says Pinkie, blinking.

"Wow, Pinkie, I knew you were weird and all, but I think you crossed the line on this one…" says Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"Hey! I'm being serious about this!" says Pinkie, pouting.

"Ugh! Then could you tell us why they have to use the bathroom?" asks Twilight, dragging a hoof down her face.

"I'm glad you asked that, Twilight," says Pinkie, bringing a monocle from behind her with a hoof and places it over her right eye. She then brings a top hat and mustache from behind her before placing the hat on her head and the mustache under her nose.

"W-wait, where did she get those?" asks Highwind, blinking.

"Just ignore it. The others and I asked her the same thing, but all we know is that it's Pinkie being, well, Pinkie…" says Rarity, rolling her eyes.

"Now then, the reason Moon and Sun are like that is very simple," says Pinkie, stroking her mustache with a hoof.

"For the love of… Pinkie, quit the fancy talk and get to the point already!" says Rainbow, pounding a hoof on the table.

"Okay, okay! Sheesh! Somepony's a party pooper!" says Pinkie, grabbing her hat, monocle, and mustache with a hoof before throwing it to the side.

"What did you say?" asks Rainbow, clenching a hoof.

"Stop it! Both of you!" says Twilight, glaring.

"Hmph!" says Pinkie and Rainbow, folding their hooves.

"Pinkie, please just tell us already, okay?" asks Twilight, sighing.

"Fine…" says Pinkie, rolling her eyes. "As I said, the reason why Sun and Moon are like that is that they have a tummy ache."

"Tummy ache?" says Applejack, lifting a brow.

"Yeah," says Pinkie, nodding. "They probably ate too much, and just by looking at Sun and Moon's faces right now, it looks like they have to go-"

Sun and Moon groan, wrapping their hooves around their stomach as their head falls on top of the table, causing all the plates with pastries to fly in the air before landing and scattering around the table.

"On second thought, they need to go… badly!" says Pinkie, biting her bottom lip.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" says Rainbow, unfolding her wings before taking off in the air and zipping straight to the dining room's doors. She then shows her face through the opening between the doors, blinking. "Um, which way is the bathroom?"

"Oh, Rainbow…" says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

________________________________________

"Hey, we're here!" says Rainbow, pointing a hoof at a hallway.

"It's a good thing the nearest bathroom is close by…" says Celestia, walking with Sun resting a hoof over her back.

"And just in time too. Moon is a little heavy…" says Luna, walking with Moon resting a hoof over her back.

"F-forgive me, Luna…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Moon, you don't have to apologize. I'm just glad I could help. More importantly, you should hurry and go," says Luna with a small smile.

"Aye…" says Moon, removing his hoof from Luna's back and walks through the hallway.

"Sun, you should hurry as well," says Celestia, smiling.

"Aye…" says Sun, nodding. He removes his hoof from Celestia's back and walks through the hallway.

Coming to a stop, Sun and Moon face each other. They turn and face Celestia, Luna, and the others, blinking.

"Sun, Moon, what's wrong?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"Forgive me, but what is this bathroom thou speakest of?" asks Sun, frowning.

"Is there some sort of task that Sun and I must fulfill in this… bathroom?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

W-wait, now that I think about it, if they're really the Sun and Moon, that must mean they don't know anything about this world! thinks Twilight with wide eyes. She then shakes her head. "Um, Sun, Moon, do you know how to use the bathroom?"

"Nay…" says Sun, hanging his head.

"Forgive us…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Come on! First, you have a sore stomach and now you don't even know how to use the bathroom!" says Rainbow, stomping a hoof.

"What now?" asks Applejack, raising a brow.

"W-well, Sun and Moon are both guys, and all of us are mostly girls, so… we can't just exactly go in there with them, you know?" says Twilight with a shade of red in her cheeks.

"R-right…" says Rainbow, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"U-um, I have an idea…" says Fluttershy, tapping her hooves together.

"Oh, what is it, Fluttershy?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"M-maybe Commander Highwind could… teach them?" asks Fluttershy with a sheepish grin.

"W-wait… me?" asks Highwind, pointing a hoof to himself.

"Good idea, Fluttershy! Commander Highwind, could you please teach them?" asks Rarity, smiling.

"H-hold on a second!" says Highwind, waving both hooves quickly. "Do I even have a say in this!"

"Highwind, I don't mean to force you, but there's nopony else we can rely on besides you…" says Celestia, frowning.

"I'm sorry, Highwind, but Tia's right. You're the only one here that can teach Moon and Sun…" says Luna, wrinkling her brows.

"B-but I… I…" says Highwind, biting his bottom lip. He then hangs his head, sighing. "Fine…"

"Thank you, Highwind," says Celestia with a small smile.

"We're truly grateful," says Luna, smiling.

"Y-yeah…" says Highwind, slowly nodding. He then walks over to Sun and Moon. "Your Highnesses, please follow me…"

Nodding their head, Sun and Moon follow Highwind as they walk through the hallway before turning a corner.

"D-do you think Commander Highwind will be okay?" asks Fluttershy, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"He'll be fine," says Applejack, waving off a hoof.

"I kind of feel bad for making him do this…" says Twilight, rubbing the nape of her neck with a hoof.

"Hey, can't help it," says Rainbow, shrugging.

"Oh, anypony want to play a board game while we wait?" asks Pinkie, grinning.

"And just where are we going to find one?" asks Twilight, raising a brow.

"Don't worry, I have one right here!" says Pinkie, taking a square board out from behind her and setting it on the floor, showing different colored tiles on the board and cards lying on the side. "Monopoly, anypony?"

"I'm game!" says Rainbow, sitting next to Pinkie.

"Move over, Rainbow. You might not know, but I'm pretty good at this kind of games," says Applejack, sitting next to Rainbow.

"I guess a game or two wouldn't hurt," says Rarity, sitting next to Applejack.

"Oh, that looks fun," says Fluttershy, sitting next to Rarity.

"That's an interesting game. Pinkie Pie, could you show me how to play?" asks Luna, sitting next to Fluttershy.

"Sure!" says Pinkie with a wide grin.

"I can't believe they're playing a board game at a time like this…" says Twilight, putting a hoof over her face.

"So, how is my once faithful student?" asks Celestia, smiling.

"Not so good, now that you ask…" says Twilight, sighing.

"And why is that?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"After becoming a princess, a lot of things happened since then. Everypony in Ponyville treats me differently compared to when I was just a unicorn. Not to mention how hard it is to sleep with these things on my back…" says Twilight, unfolding her wings.

"I can agree with that," says Celestia with a small laugh.

"But there is something bothering me…" says Twilight, rubbing her neck with a hoof.

"What's wrong?" asks Celestia, frowning.

"Well, ever since I became a princess, what am I supposed to do now? I mean, you and Luna are guiding everypony in Equestria, being rulers and all. Even Cadance is busy with the Crystal Empire, and here I am, having a tea party, well, which was supposed to be one…" says Twilight, hanging her head.

"Twilight, I know that you're still searching for your path. Now that you're a princess, give it time and you will find your given role in this world one day. Besides, you have your friends, so try to enjoy yourself," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"You're right…" says Twilight with a small smile.

"How long has it been since we've talked like this?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"Back when I was still living here in Canterlot, I guess," says Twilight with a small laugh.

"At that time, it was quite hard to teach you everything, you know?" says Celestia, lifting a brow.

"Ugh! Don't remind me about it! I was just a filly back then…" says Twilight, pouting.

"But those days will always be precious to me…" says Celestia, smiling.

"Yeah, I'll always remember those fun times…" says Twilight, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

"However, Twilight, I've been wondering about something…" says Celestia, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"What is it?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"We may not be a teacher and student anymore, but you sometimes call me by honorifics. Honestly, we're friends now, so you can just call me by name," says Celestia, smiling.

"I know, I know. Just a force of habit that's hard to forget…" says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I guess old habits are hard to leave behind," says Celestia with a giggle.

"Anyway, I've been wondering, but what do you think about Sun and Moon?" asks Twilight, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"And why do you want to know?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"I mean, they just showed up out of nowhere and said they're the Sun and Moon out of the blue. To be honest, I thought they were, you know…" says Twilight, twirling a hoof next to her head.

"True. Even I thought they were suspicious at first, but that all changed when I found out who they truly were," says Celestia, smiling.

"But it's still amazing, seeing that they're here and all! There are a lot of things that I want to ask them about!" says Twilight, clapping her hooves.

"I see that your thirst for knowledge still hasn't changed," says Celestia, smirking.

"I-I can't help it! I mean, you don't normally see two walking celestial bodies!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Twilight, it's true that Sun and Moon were once the celestial bodies, but please keep in mind that they are living in the same world as us now. There might be things that they don't want to talk about…" says Celestia, furrowing her brows.

"O-oh, right. But there's also one thing…" says Twilight, rubbing an arm with a hoof.

"And that is?" asks Celestia, blinking.

"I know I must be overthinking things, but when Sun and Moon asked about how to use the bathroom, it got me thinking that they might not know anything about the world we live in. It's like they were thrown here without any knowledge or guidance to help them…" says Twilight, frowning.

"I think you might be right. There's still a lot we don't know about them…" says Celestia, wrinkling her brows.

"Yeah, but I don't want to force them to talk. I mean, since they're the Sun and Moon, I'm guessing they were watching the world for a long time and must have a lot on their mind. The last thing I want is making them feel out of place or something…" says Twilight, sighing.

"If we give them time, I'm sure they'll talk about it. Speaking of Sun and Moon, it looks like they finished," says Celestia, pointing a hoof.

"Really?" asks Twilight, turning her head.

In the front, Highwind walks with his head hanging as Sun and Moon follow behind.

"Th-they'll be fine now…" says Highwind with dull eyes.

"Uh, you don't look so good. Something happened?" asks Rainbow, raising a brow.

"I've seen things that nopony should ever have to experience. Especially teaching two full-grown stallions on how to use the bathroom…" says Highwind, clicking his tongue.

"Like what?" asks Pinkie, blinking.

"I'll leave that to your imagination…" says Highwind, huffing.

"Sun, Moon, are you feeling better now?" asks Fluttershy, smiling.

"Aye," says Sun, nodding. "Highwind's aid was truly helpful in our time of need."

"Highwind, perhaps Sun and I can show our gratitude to thee?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"NO! I-I mean, you don't have to, Your Highnesses! I'm just glad I could help!" says Highwind with a sheepish grin. Any more and I think I might lose my dignity as a guy!

"It's a good thing it wasn't something serious…" says Luna, sighing.

"Yeah! We thought you guys were done for or something!" says Rainbow, stomping a hoof.

"Maybe slow down on the eatin' next time," says Applejack, smiling.

"There was a lot of food. You both didn't have to rush," says Rarity, giggling with a hoof over her mouth.

"But the food was truly interesting. Sun and I did not know there are many different things to eat," says Moon with a small smile.

"Oh! Oh! I totally get it! I mean, when I see different food, I can't help but want to try them all!" says Pinkie, jumping up and down.

"But be careful. We were very worried…" says Fluttershy, frowning.

"Forgive us. Moon and I did not mean to worry thee…" says Sun, wrinkling his brows.

"You don't have to apologize. We understand," says Celestia with a small laugh.

"Um, I don't mean to ruin the mood or anything, but now what? I mean, after Moon and Sun's problem, they kind of messed up the whole table and stuff," says Rainbow, folding her hooves.

"I know this might be off-topic, but what time is it?" asks Twilight, blinking.

"It should be noon right now," says Highwind, tapping his chin with a hoof.

"Noon?" says Rarity, rubbing her chin with a hoof. "Ugh! That's right! I still need to finish some dresses I promised some clients that would be ready this weekend!"

"I forgot I still have to help out at Sugarcube Corner! We're having a sale at the moment…" says Pinkie, putting a hoof over her face.

"And I have to go help out back at the farm. I kind of told Big Mac that I would be back around noon…" says Applejack, rubbing a hoof behind her head.

"Ah!" says Fluttershy with wide eyes.

"What's wrong, Fluttershy?" asks Rainbow, blinking.

"W-well, now that I think about it, I forgot to feed the animals this morning…" says Fluttershy, sighing.

"I thought you did?" asks Rainbow, lifting a brow.

"It's because we were in a rush this morning, remember?" asks Fluttershy, frowning.

"Oh yeah! Thanks to Twilight being a princess and all, we had some annoying ponies trying to take some pictures of us…" says Rainbow, huffing.

"Honestly, those ponies taking pictures of us at Ponyville can't understand personal space!" says Rarity, stomping a hoof.

"Even I was starting to get annoyed!" says Pinkie, rolling her eyes.

"And scary…" says Fluttershy, placing a hoof over her shaking arm.

"Sorry, but it kind of is your fault, Twilight…" says Applejack, rubbing a hoof on the side of her neck.

"Hey! I didn't ask for any of that to happen!" says Twilight, stomping a hoof.

"Yeah, yeah, Your Highness…" says Rainbow, rolling her eyes.

"Pfft! Your Highness…" says Highwind with a small laugh.

"And what are you laughing at!" says Twilight, baring her teeth.

"N-nothing!" says Highwind, his face dripping with sweat.

"Are Twilight Sparkle and the others usually like this?" asks Sun, tilting his head.

"You get used to it," says Celestia, chuckling.

"They are quite interesting…" says Moon, smiling.

"And that's why I'll always enjoy their company," says Luna, giggling.

"Oh, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna!" says Twilight, waving a hoof.

"And what did we talk about?" asks Celestia, lifting a brow.

"S-sorry, a force of habit…" says Twilight with a sheepish grin. "Anyway, we decided to head back to Ponyville, and thanks for inviting us over for breakfast!"

"Well, if that's what you and your friends decided, then I guess I can't help it," says Celestia with a small smile.

"Twilight, you and your friends are always welcome here. Oh, and a carriage should be waiting at the entrance of the castle," says Luna, smiling.

"Thanks!" says Twilight with a wide smile. "Oh! Sun, Moon, it's been nice meeting you guys!"

"Aye, the same to thee," says Moon, smiling.

"Perhaps we will meet again," says Sun, nodding.

"Don't worry. I think we'll be seeing each other again soon. Besides, there's a ton of things I want to ask you both! Oh, and you should meet Spike later on. I think he'd like to meet you guys," says Twilight, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

Sun and Moon nod their head, which Twilight and her friends wave a hoof before turning and walking through the hallway.

"Speakin' of Spike, where is the little guy?" asks Applejack, raising a brow.

"Sleeping at home," says Twilight, rolling her eyes.

"Well, he's still a growing dragon," says Rarity, giggling.

"Hey, I have an idea!" says Rainbow with a grin.

"No pranks, Rainbow," says Twilight, shaking her head.

"Party pooper…" says Rainbow, clicking her tongue.

"Hey! You copied me!" says Pinkie, glaring.

"There they go. It feels quite lonely, now that they're gone…" says Luna, frowning.

"They will return again. But more importantly, Luna, we still have two more guests with us," says Celestia, smiling.

"I know, I know. Honestly, I'm worried about them more than Twilight and her friends…" says Luna, sighing. She then faces Moon and Sun. "Moon, what are you and Sun going to do now?"

"I do not know. Sun and I only wished to find thee, Luna…" says Moon, furrowing his brows.

"Hmm…" says Luna, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Do you have any place to stay for the time being?"

"Unfortunately, Sun and I do not know any place we could seek shelter from…" says Moon, hanging his head.

"And we do not want to trouble other ponies either…" says Sun, frowning.

"Then would you like to stay here in the castle?" asks Luna with a small smile.

"We would be truly grateful, but Sun and I do not want to trouble Celestia and thee any further…" says Moon, shaking his head.

"Tia, are you fine with them staying in the castle?" asks Luna, blinking.

"I have no reason to say no," says Celestia with a smile. There are some things I want to ask Sun as well…

"There you have it! Moon, you and Sun won't trouble my sister and me for staying here in the castle. In fact, it would make the castle much livelier if you stayed," says Luna, chuckling. And for me as well…

Moon's eyes widen. He then stands in front of Luna with a soft glow within his gaze.

"Wh-what's wrong, Moon?" asks Luna with a shade of red in her cheeks.

"Luna, thank you…" says Moon, closing his eyes and pressing his lips on Luna's cheek, the latter, her eyes widening.

"Don't fall for him, Luna," says Celestia, smirking.

"Sh-shut it!" says Luna, her face turning bright red while stomping a hoof.

"Oh, Luna," says Celestia, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth. She then notices a shadow looming over her, seeing Sun with a radiant glow within his gaze. "O-oh, Sun, is something wrong?"

"Celestia, it seems I must show my gratitude to thee as well. Thank you…" says Sun, closing his eyes and pressing his lips on Celestia's cheek, the latter, her eyes widening.

"Oh, what is this? Is Tia finally falling for somepony?" asks Luna, snickering.

"I-I'm not!" says Celestia, pouting with red cheeks.

I-I have to give Prince Sun and Prince Moon credit. No guy would even try to make a move on the princesses like that… thinks Highwind, his cheeks turning red while rubbing a hoof behind his head.

"A-anyway, now that everything is decided, I think we should prepare a room for them…" says Celestia, coughing into a hoof.

"You should make that two. I mean, Moon and Sun are pretty big ponies…" says Luna, blinking.

"I guess so. Oh, shouldn't they take a bath? They probably had a long day," says Celestia, tapping her chin with a hoof.

"Forgive me, but what is a bath?" asks Moon, tilting his head.

"Don't tell me you don't know what's a bath either?" asks Luna with an open mouth.

"Unfortunately, there is much that Sun and I do not know about this world…" says Moon, hanging his head.

"Aye…" says Sun, frowning and nodding.

Twilight was right when she said that Sun and Moon don't know much about the world… thinks Celestia, furrowing her brows. She then turns her head, facing Highwind. "Um, Highwind, could I ask you a favor?"

"Of course, Your Highness!" says Highwind, saluting.

"Could you please show Sun and Moon how to properly wash in the bathhouse?" asks Celestia, smiling.

"Wait, what?" asks Highwind with an open mouth. He then shakes his head. "I-I'm sorry, Your Highness, but for a second there, it sounded like you wanted me to show the princes how to take a bath…"

"Yes, I'm asking if you could join Sun and Moon in the bathhouse and show them how to wash their bodies," says Celestia, blinking.

I-I thought so! thinks Highwind, his face turning blue. "B-but, Your Highness, there's a lot of things I have to do today!" he says with a sheepish grin.

"It's fine, Highwind. Tia and I will ask somepony else…" says Luna with a watery gaze.

No! Don't give me those puppy eyes, Princess Luna! That's not fair! thinks Highwind, biting his bottom lip. He then hangs his head. "F-fine. I'll do it…"

"Really? Thank you, Highwind," says Luna, smiling.

"We're really grateful," says Celestia with a small smile.

"Y-yeah, no problem…" says Highwind, slowly nodding. He then walks down the hallway. "Prince Sun, Prince Moon, please follow me…"

"Aye," says Sun, nodding and walking behind Highwind.

"Highwind, what must we do in this bath?" asks Moon, blinking and walking next to Sun.

"I'll tell you both when we get there…" says Highwind, sighing.

"Oh, Moon," says Luna, chuckling with a hoof over her mouth.

"And what are you so happy about, Luna?" asks Celestia, smirking.

"Ugh! I hate the face you're making right now…" says Luna, rolling her eyes.

"But I've never seen you smile like this before," says Celestia with a small smile.

"I can't help it. I mean, I finally found somepony that might understand me. Somepony that could relate to me all those years ago…" says Luna, gazing at Moon with a soft glow within her eyes.

"Luna…" says Celestia, frowning and placing a hoof on Luna's shoulder.

"And now, he's right there in front of me…" says Luna, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I know how you feel…" says Celestia, looking at Sun with a radiant glow within her gaze.

"Tia, throughout the years, I never thought I could enjoy life again. But this time, maybe I can look at it the same as I did long ago with Moon here…" says Luna as tears trickle down her face.

"Oh, Luna…" says Celestia, pulling and wrapping her hooves around Luna.

"S-sorry, Tia, but just let me stay like this…" says Luna, closing her eyes and nuzzling her face against Celestia's chest as the tears seep through her eyes.

"It's fine…" says Celestia with a small smile. She then closes her eyes and rests her head on Luna's as tears seep through her eyes. You're right, Luna. Maybe life will be different from now on…




To be continued…