• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 614 Views, 10 Comments

The Octaparents: Miscellany - bobthedalek



You'd expect the parents of a refined cellist to be upper class, proper and sophisticated, right? Guess again...

  • ...
1
 10
 614

Dress Up

Late evenings in the Melody household in early spring were normally fairly quiet. Ostin and Mixy would both spend many hours lounging on their battered, worn, but well loved sofa and armchair set in front of a roaring log fire, letting the burning wood crackle away against the sounds of the fairly common rain and hail storms outside that frequented this time of year. The light from the fire would cast a warm orange glow through their living room, with the oak beams along the walls that held up the interior of the house casting large shadows as they would normally enjoy a pre-bedtime pot of tea together.

This is why Mixy was quite surprised one evening when Ostin stepped into the living room. As normal he'd dressed into his blue striped pyjamas ready for bed (Being the only pony Mixy knew who wore more to bed than to work!) and was wearing his thick burgundy dressing gown on top. What wasn't normal however, was the brown paper package wrapped up string that he was carrying in his mouth.

She set down her now empty favourite mug (Which had been fairly badly painted by Ostin at the local pottery several years back) on the small coffee table beside where she sat as he climbed up into the vacant space on the sofa next to her, still warm from when he'd left it moments earlier. Ostin took the parcel from his mouth with his hooves and handed it to her.

"What's this?"
"Oh" Ostin's cheeks turned a little red, but there was also an air of nervousness about him "Just a little something I picked up in town that I thought you might like"

Holding the parcel in her hands she could tell immediately from how it felt that he'd brought her some form of clothes. She silently prayed that he hadn't been attempting to buy her Lingerie again. She prayed even more that if he had, that this time he wouldn't admit to holding the various items up against himself to see if they would fit her, the two of them being roughly the same size. She'd never quite able to get those mental images out of her head, not that that was entirely a bad thing. She pulled the ends on the hastily fastened bow, allowing the brown paper wrapping to fall open in her lap. She stared down at the contents. In the corner of her eye she could just make out Ostin making a big nervous grin on his face, much like how Octavia used to grin after the few times she had accidentally gotten at the coffee pot as a filly, also nervously tapping the tips of his forehooves together slowly and silently.

Mixy lifted up the first garment. It was a thick white flannel shirt. Looking down again, the other garment was also made of thick white flannel, though clearly designed to go round her legs. It was just like a set of pyjamas, then it hit her, it was a pair of pyjamas just like the ones Ostin was currently wearing. The only difference being that instead of deep blue stripes, these ones had deep scarlet coloured stripes.

A small moment of awkward silence passed.

"Well?" Ostin started.
"Well what?"
"Aren't you going to try them on?" He asked.
As nice as it was to be given a spontaneous gift, Mixy wasn't too keen on the idea "Ostin, I don't think..."
"It's ok, I'll help you!"

Mixy would have protested, but before she could say anything Ostin had playfully pushed her backwards so that was lying on her back along the sofa, and was busying himself pulling the pyjama bottoms up along her legs. He began to struggle though as he progressed towards her rump and hips, trying to lift her rear further into the air a few times to try and get a better angle to tug downwards from.

He took a brief moment to contemplate this "Have you been putting o-"
"Don't you dare finish that question Ostin!" Mixy growled at him, pointing a hoof right in his face.

It was true, she had put on a little more weight lately, not that it was too noticeable, mainly caused by the amount of wet weather causing her to spend most days cooped up in the house, and having not had the dead weight of Vinyl in a perambulator to push to the local market and back for quite some time now. That used to make her shed a few pounds.

She scowled at Ostin as he let go of the elastic waistband, letting it snap against her waist. Ostin instantly regretted that decision. Reaching down, he pulled he back up into a sitting position by pulling her up by grabbing her underneath her forelegs. He also picked up the pyjama top, quickly threading her forelegs through the appropriate sleeves with far more speed than her rear legs. Pulling her backwards so that she was now leaning back and resting against him, he made a start on fastening the row of big black buttons that lined the front.

"Ostin" Mixy was finding it hard to bottle up her slight frustration "I can do up buttons myself you know"
Ostin wasn't listening, he was too lost in his concentration "If it bothers you that much you can tie the cord of my dressing gown in return"
"Oh, I'll tie it round your neck alright!" Mixy gritted her teeth.

All the same though, Mixy did have to admit that the thick flannel pyjamas were warm and snug, even if they did nothing to compliment her body. Perhaps they might be of use to her next time they were heavily snowed in.

Ostin finished buttoning up the shirt, hugging Mixy ever so slightly tighter as he rested her head on his shoulder, staring into the embers of the now dying fire. Mixy did the same, resting her head against his and lifting on of her forehooves up to hold one of his. The two of them sat there in silence for a short while.

Ostin unceremoniously broke it "Maybe now you will stop stealing all of the covers when it gets really cold"
Mixy shot him a glare "Seriously? That's what this is all about?!"

Author's Note:

Been a while since this was last updated, hasn't it?

Been struggling with my insomnia recently, so I set myself a quick challenge of writing a short 1000 word chapter in the space of 30 minutes based on the image above. Surprisingly, it actually did help exhaust myself to the point where I went straight to sleep. Funny how that works.

Fun Fact: This is the first time I've ever written a chapter straight into FimFiction, not typing it up in Word beforehand.

Also, have an image link for those who want one!

Comments ( 2 )

Very nice.

I like Ostin's personality. It reminds me of when I was younger.

These two are always adorable.

Login or register to comment