• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 5,063 Views, 363 Comments

Pokémon: X-traordinary - Speven Dillberg



Six Pokémon and their trainer in Equestria (Spoilers for Pokémon X/Y)

  • ...
12
 363
 5,063

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Xavier stood calmly at the summit of Mt. Coronet, surrounded by the crumbling ruins of the ancient temple. He ignored the icy winds that blew around him, cutting through his parka as though it wasn’t there. He was too focused on the strange, whirling vortex of energy before him.

“Arceus!” he yelled, his voice carrying much farther than seemed reasonable through the thick scarf wrapped around his face.

Are you sure of this, Xavier? the Gardevoir on his right asked telepathically, having called up a barrier to protect herself.

The man turned to the frail-looking green-and-white biped, clad in a strange flowing gown with a pair of red horns on her chest. Her head only came up to his neck, forcing Xavier to look down a little. “No,” he said calmly, “but you can’t change my mind, Gabrielle.”

Gabrielle sighed mentally. That is what concerns me, she thought to herself.

The blue-black-and-cream bipedal canine next to Gardevoir growled, frost forming on his large pointed ears and the spikes on his chest and the back of his hands. Xavier was able to understand the meaning behind the sounds perfectly, though.

“I know, Luca, it’s cold. But you declined the scarf I offered, it’s your fault.”

The Lucario growled again, sounding petulant. As he rubbed his hands together to create warmth, beside him a bipedal vulpine laughed, her luscious coat of dark red fur resembling a robe that insulated her from the cold.

As Luca turned to face the Delphox, who was holding out a branch thats tip was on fire, Xavier raised his hand. “You two, now is not the time,” he said commandingly. “Daphne, we’ve discussed this, no teasing Luca.”

Yes, yes, no teasing the hot-head, Daphne replied boredly, rolling her eyes. She smiled as Luca threw her a dirty look.

To Xavier’s left stood a large black hawk-like bird, a yellow biped with a white belly and stumpy arms, and a blue tortoise with a number of odd protrusions poking out of its shell. All three looked rather bored.

“Razor, Amp, Blaster, I know, I know,” Xavier said sympathetically. “Just a little longer. I swear.” The man turned back to the swirling energy. “ARCEUS!” he screamed.

This will not end well, Daphne thought.

Yet he won’t listen to a word we say, Gabrielle replied, sounding annoyed.

“ARCEUS!” the man screamed again. “FACE ME!”

Amp and Razor glanced at each other, the Ampharos and Staraptor both worried about what would happen next.

Blaster simply stared. He’d been travelling with Xavier ever since he first entered Luminose City, as a young Squirtle, and he trusted that the trainer knew what he was trying to do.

Luca stared at the strange, otherworldly energy, and narrowed his eyes. Whatever came through was gonna fight. He knew that. And he was going to be ready, Xavier was trusting him with that.

So… The voice came from nowhere and everywhere, making everyone’s bones vibrate. You wish to face me?

“I came here expecting a god!” Xavier yelled. “And all you do is hide!?”

INSOLENT FOOL! Arceus replied, this time the words making their very souls shake. YOU DARE MOCK ME!?

You idiot, Gabrielle and Daphne thought simultaneously.

“Dialga, Palkia and Giratina had the guts to face me! Cresselia and Darkrai did as well!”

I had wondered what had happened to those three, the voice said, sounding a little amused. You must be powerful indeed.

“Nah, it’s all them,” Xavier replied, glancing at the six Pokémon gathered around him. Despite the cold and the mind-numbing awe they were experiencing, they couldn’t help but feel pride swell in them, warming them up.

In that case…

The six Pokémon braced themselves as the vortex split open with the sound of rotting yellow. It made noises that should not have been heard, looked like something mortal eyes should never see. But they stood strong, knowing that Xavier was relying on them, no matter how much of a fool he might be.

A large, white, vaguely-equine figure stepped out, a giant ornate ring made of gold around its midsection. It looked at them with passive eyes, its gaze lingering momentarily on Gabrielle.

They gazed at Arceus, momentarily stunned by his appearance and flow of power which radiated from his form. They could make out the general shape and colour, but none of them could be asked for a proper description. Every time they tried to focus on a single detail, it slipped away, changing, writhing like a primordial serpent.

So, you six bested Time, Space and Antimatter? Dreams and Nightmares? You are not ordinary, no.

Luca let out a roar and charged, disappearing from view as he did. In the blink of an eye he was behind Arceus, spinning around as he attempted to kick his foe.

Luca’s smile at striking faded when he realised that Arceus had not even moved. In a flash of light Luca was sent flying into the nearest pillar, reducing it to rubble.

“Luca!” Xavier screamed, watching as the Lucario unsteadily rose to his feet.

Razor was next, rising into the air with a mighty flap of his wings. He soared high into the clouds, disappearing from sight. A few seconds later he swooped down, pulling out of a dive inches from the ground. Using the extra momentum he slammed into Arceus, his wings gleaming like steel.

As Razor pulled up, something lashed out from Arceus and grabbed him by the leg. Squawking in shock, he tried to pull away. His attempts proved futile however and in a single motion Arceus’s power sent him slamming into the stony ground.

Xavier grit his teeth as Daphne sent a withering barrage of fire towards the god. As the barrage struck she conjured up a wall of burning energy and encased Arceus in it. Burn, she thought grimly as the temperature rose and began to melt the rock surrounding the god.

Without warning, the fire died. What!? she thought desperately, waving her wand to try and restart it.

I breathed life into every star, every planet. Did you truly believe your fire would compare to the flames of creation? Arceus asked. The god didn’t sound angry, but spoke as though it was merely pointing out a particularly interesting flower.

Daphne growled as she waved her wand, building up a psychic blast. Her concentration was cut short when the very rock she was standing on rose up against her, knocking her off balance. She barely got a chance to respond before a boulder the size of a Geodude slammed into her.

“That’s it!” Xavier yelled, having had enough of watching his team get swatted away like Venomoths. He pulled back his left sleeve, ignoring the frigid wind to reveal a strange bracelet.

Oh?

Xavier put two fingers onto the bracelet making it shine with a brilliant light. Luca, Blaster and Amp were enveloped in strange energy, obscuring them from view.

Luca roared with Blaster as they felt new strength course through their bodies, which began to shift and change into more fearsome and powerful forms. Amp simply closed his eyes and let it happen, not feeling the need for such a display.

Blaster’s two shell cannons had migrated to the back of his hands. Instead, he now had a single gun so large it forced him to hunch over. Amp’s tail and head were now covered in luxurious, static-filled wool, glowing red orbs crackling every now and then.

Luca’s change was the most drastic, the most noticeable how his paws and hands were now a deep red. The cream fur on his chest had grown out, and his aura-sensors had grown even longer, two of them gaining crimson tips. His tail, formerly sleek and blue, was now bushy and the same colour as his chest. Luca grinned savagely as he felt the aura in the very core of his body, giving him even greater strength.

Mega Evolutions? And three at once? Arceus asked, Xavier flinching as he felt the god’s gaze focus on him momentarily. Very interesting…

Luca leapt from where he was standing so fast that the air cracked at his sudden absence. He slammed into Arceus, making the being move slightly from the force. Luca then unleashed punches, kicks and aura blasts so fast that he appeared as nothing but a blur.

Amp and Blaster were waiting for the right moment to strike, Amp charging himself up while Blaster made sure his aim was perfect. As Luca used the momentum from a final kick to remove himself from the fight, the Blastoise and Ampharos unleashed their attacks.

Water, hitting with enough force to crack mountains, and lighting with enough power to light an entire city struck Arceus, shrouding the god in a crackling light-show. Gabrielle joined in with a blast of arctic frost, freezing the water solid, cocooning the god in a frozen prison.

Is… is that it? Daphne asked, unsteadily getting to her feet.

As Luca helped the Delphox up, Gabrielle replied. I doubt it.

Crack! All seven of them tensed up.

A brave attempt, and an admirable show of power, the likes of which I have not seen in many years, Arceus said as the icy walls disappeared into nothingness. But futile. You could never hope to match me. The six Pokémon were suddenly grabbed by strange appendages, a mix of claw, suction cup and vice. Try as they might, they couldn’t escape.

“Then I guess it’s time for plan B,” Xavier muttered, reaching into a pocket. He drew out a purple-and-white orb, a white ‘M’ and two lighter bulbs on the purple half. He threw the Master Ball at the light, confident that this would work.

Instead, it simply bounced off with a rather mundane bonk before falling to the ground. All eight of them looked at the ball. And what did you hope to accomplish there?

“Not that,” he muttered, staring at the inert Master Ball.

Why are you here? The wise know better than to seek me out.

He keeps calling Master an idiot, Daphne relayed to Gabrielle, smiling slightly in the god’s grip. In response, Gabrielle simply rolled her eyes.

“Because I can.”

You can also jump from a cliff, or attempt to swim in a volcano. That does not mean you should. Xavier yelped as he felt himself get lifted off the ground. Perhaps a little age will grant you some wisdom, Arceus said ominously.

A few moments passed and nothing happened as Xavier floated before Aceus. “Well?” Xavier asked.

Peculiar… Arceus tilted its head. Xerneas… So that is why. I wondered what had happened to the one who stopped the second use of the weapon.

“Can you put me down now?” Xavier asked, arms crossed in irritation.

Courageous… or fearless. I’m not sure which you are.

Neither do we, Daphne interjected.

Arceus seemed to laugh. I am not surprised.

“Thanks, Daph,” Xavier said moodily.

Someone has to stop you from getting a big head, the Delphox replied. Besides, if you want mindless fawning, that’s Gabrielle’s job.

I won’t even dignify that with a response… the Gardevoir mumbled telepathically.

“Girls, is this the time?” the man asked.

You are all quite curious… Arceus mused, each one flinching as the god’s gaze passed over them. Perhaps we have not yet concluded our business. Tell me, immortal; why did you truly seek me out?

“A challenge. I’ve walked the world for so long, and I have seen everything it has to offer, experienced all I can. Except this.”

So, boredom. That is a poor excuse, Arceus replied. Then again, your kind were not meant to shoulder such a burden. Tell me, did this match your expectations?

“No,” Xavier replied, grinning widely.

You sought me out of boredom. Perhaps I can help, and save myself the trouble of dealing with you every decade or so.

“What do you mean?” the man asked, crossing his arms.

Did you not say that you have grown tired of this world? Arceus asked.

“So, what, you’ll send me to another one?”

If you want. I could send you back in time, or into the future instead. Either will grant me a respite from what I see as a neverending string of fruitless challenges.

Luca growled and Razor glowered, not in the least bit pleased with the insinuation that they’d never become victorious. Daphne and Amp glanced at each other while Blaster flexed his arms. Gabrielle turned to look at Xavier.

“Another world. You can do that?”

I did say that. And because I’m feeling generous, I’ll even make sure it’s one you can survive on.

“What can you tell me about this place?” Xavier asked. He wasn’t going to rush in blindly.

Finally, a sensible question. Peaceful, clean, rich... but far from harmless or without dangers.

“So not that different…”

Xavier, are you sure about this? Gabrielle asked.

“Aren’t you a little curious?” he asked, looking at the Gardevoir.

Gabrielle is right, Master. This does not seem like a good idea, Daphne added, looking worriedly at the man..

“Neither was coming up here,” he pointed out, shrugging slightly.

Your concern is unsurprising, especially coming from you, Arceus said, turning his gaze to Gabrielle. To constantly be in the state of Mega Evolution, the bond you share must be extraordinary.

“So?” Xavier asked.

Their concern is misplaced. If I wanted to, I could have scattered your very being to the far edges of this universe the moment you shouted my name, the god pointed out. I just want you to leave me alone. If you get to explore a whole new world in the process, what’s the harm?

The six Pokémon glanced at each other. In truth, the idea held some appeal. Tell us… what can we expect? What lives there? Daphne asked.

A wonderful little race, but I won’t say anything else. I think you’ll appreciate the surprise, Arceus replied, a sound like laughter ringing through the air. Well?

Xavier turned to his team. “I’m going, but I won’t force any of you to come. We’ve been with each other for so long. I…” The man began to tear up. “You’ve made my life so amazing, all of you. If you want to leave, though…”

You really are an idiot, Daphne replied flatly. We would never leave you, Master, you know that.

Like you said, we’ve been with each other for so long, Gabrielle added. I couldn’t imagine anything else.

Luca growled in agreement, making it clear that he had no intention of leaving the trainer’s side. Blaster did the same, while both Amp and Razor chirped, stating their desire to stay with him as well.

Where you go, Master, we will follow, Daphne stated.

Xavier lifted up his ski goggles to wipe away the tears and smiled at them. “Thank you. All of you.” He turned to face Arceus, staring directly at the being. “Do it.”


Princess Cadance’s day had been hard. Reintegrating the Crystal Empire with the rest of the world was not easy, made worse when the residents had to be educated about the numerous traditions that had sprung up in their absence. Not to mention that at least half of the population was still terrified that the guards could turn on them at any minute and haul them away to the dreadful dungeon that Cadance had discovered below the palace. Most would flinch at the mere sight of an armoured pony, if they didn’t immediately begin running in the opposite direction. Still, the tea she was drinking helped her relax.

Shining Armor had done a lot though, the stallion lying next to her on the couch in their room. Thanks to him relations between the two groups had improved significantly, by making sure that the guards appeared completely equine despite the armour. He had also made the swearing-in ceremony open to the public, so the populace could hear that their duty was to protect the innocent, enforce the law and to do as their leaders commanded, in that order.

The white stallion sighed, his eyes lazily looking at his discarded armour. He raised a glass of water to his lips and drank from it, sighing loudly. He let out a yelp when his wife unexpectedly spilled the contents of her cup all over his side. “Hot!”

It took him only a moment to recover, and he turned to look at his wife, who was staring at the wall in shock. “Cady?”

“I… I’m so sorry, Shiny, but I just had a…” The pink alicorn shook her head, messing up her three-coloured mane. “No, I must be imagining things,” she muttered, putting her empty cup on the ground.

“What was it?” the stallion asked, concern colouring his tone.

“A… a vision, seven strange figures coming from the east. One was a giant bird, and two resembled Diamond Dogs, but the rest…” The princess shuddered. “They were like nothing I’ve ever seen before.”

Shining frowned. “You’ve never had anything like that happen before.”

“It’s probably just stress,” the alicorn replied. “I should just ignore it.”

“But what if it’s not? You remember the last time we disregarded something as insignificant,” her husband warned. “At least tell your aunts.”

Cadance sighed. “Fine. I suppose we should let Twilight know as well, just in case.”

“I’ve been meaning to write to her,” Shining muttered as his wife grabbed a pair of quills, two scrolls and an inkpot from the desk across the room.

Author's Note:

Because, realistically, that would happen the moment you decided to face God in a fight. He'd just no-sell everything.

I haven't actually seen this type of crossover before, either. Well, that or the rest are of sub-par quality.

Comments appreciated.