• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 5,063 Views, 363 Comments

Pokémon: X-traordinary - Speven Dillberg



Six Pokémon and their trainer in Equestria (Spoilers for Pokémon X/Y)

  • ...
12
 363
 5,063

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Daphne stared in wide-eyed shock at the view camera the beige stallion had rolled in. That camera is an antique!

“Don’t say stuff like that.”

I remember when we went to that museum in Castelia.

“That…” Xavier turned to the Delphox. “When was the last time we were in Unova?”

It would have been just after your two hundredth birthday, the Gardevoir answered, taking her place before the camera.

I had no idea they were so… primitive, the Delphox thought. Technologically, anyway. The camera in your Pokédex makes it look like they’re scratching pictures into rocks.

“That’s a bit harsh.”

I’m not trying to be mean, the fox said quickly. It’s just that your ‘dex can show a moving three-dimensional hologram and play perfect sound.

“And now you’re comparing Oran Berries with Hyper Potions.”

I guess I am. Still, nice to know someone took Lysandre’s things and did something useful with them. Daphne tugged at her coat, thankful for the new brush. Once you get past the whole ‘attempted omnicide’ thing he was actually a nice person, though.

“Hmm,” Xavier grunted noncommittally. He watched as Luca, his Mega Evolution having worn off hours ago, moved past Gabrielle for his photo. “Do you think we should have photos of them when they’re Mega Evolved, just in case?”

It should be fine, it’s not very hard to figure out who is who, Daphne pointed out. And it’s not like you’ll be abusing it.

Blaster and Amp let out simultaneous cries. Now you’ve done it, Gabrielle thought as she put her face into her hands.

Oh dear.

“Oh, don’t worry about it,” Xavier said calmly as he stood before the camera. “Knowing us, trouble would have found us anyway.”

It really isn’t healthy to think that way, Master, Gabrielle chided as the flash went off.

“Oh, I’m not sure about that. I’ve always found looking at the world differently to be quite… enlightening.” Xavier looked up at the voice and jumped back.

Standing upside down in front of him, seemingly resting as easily on the air as he did on the ground was a truly strange creature, and considering everything that Xavier had seen recently, that was saying something.

“What are you?” the human asked, barely containing his shock.

And how did you get in without us noticing? Daphne asked angrily.

“What? Not who? Hahaha, oh you silly little creatures are always so rude to me,” the creature replied, flapping its odd, mismatched wings. “I suppose I’m a draconequus, at least that’s what I’ve been told,” it said as it floated over to hang in front of Daphne and began to bask his hands over her fur. “My, you’re rather warm. Any warmer and I could use you as a campfire.”

Daphne growled as the thing whipped out a stick covered in marshmallows, sticking it in the air in front of her. The Delphox began to growl slightly and the marshmallows started to rapidly melt. The creature grinned. “Oh this is just perfect,” he told her cheekily as he brought the end of his stick closer to him.

“Anyway, I’m Discord,” the thing said from between sticky white and black teeth. “The master of chaos, the do-er of all things done, the master of the all TIME, SPACE, AND REALITY ITSELF! Or maybe that’s someone else, I don’t know,” the creature replied as he leaned casually backwards while remaining upside down.

“Arceus has been busy,” he noted, looking between the six Pokémon and one human. He turned to gaze to Daphne. “What are you, from the sixth generation of that little lab he’s got going?” He turned his attention to Gabrielle for a moment before chuckling slightly. “Much better than his first one, you look like you can actually stand on your own without falling over. Fun guy, that Arceus.”

The camerapony hastily packed up his equipment and vacated the room as quickly as equinely possible.

Discord ignored him and glanced over at Xavier. “What’s the matter kiddo? Everyone’s being all silent, like they’ve never seen a Spirit of Chaos before, what’s the matter? Evil chinchilla’s stolen your tongue?” he asked, a pair of... small furry creatures, very similar to Cinccinos, appearing beside him in the air. They both had black goatees and were laughing maniacally.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, Gabrielle thought quietly.

“I advise never finding out,” Discord commented before he reached out and grabbed the furry creatures, shoving them in his mouth. “It makes life much more entertaining,” he added, revealing that the furry things were actually made of cotton candy. “Anyways; stop being silent, it’s boring, and you wouldn’t like me when things are boring.”

Out of instinct, Xavier pulled out his Pokédex and pointed the scanner at Discord. What he got for his trouble was a picture of a pixel-filled rectangle and the name ‘Missingno’. There was no type classification, no information, not even a species name to go by. “That’s not right,” the man muttered.

“What’s that? Speak up now,” Discord said, putting a finger in his ear and wiggling it around in an attempt to clean it out. “My hearing’s not what it was,” he added, his ear becoming bigger than the rest of his body.

Luca had had enough of the abomination and let out a roar. An aura blast rocketed across the room and slammed into Discord, exploding on impact.

To the Lucario’s surprise, the blast did nothing and Discord, all the parts of his mismatched body back to their normal size, hovered there with a smirk on his face. “That was some attack, I almost kind of felt it,” he commented before he snapped his fingers and a collar appeared around Luca’s throat and the Lucario fell down on all fours. “If you be a good doggie, maybe I’ll give you a treat and a belly rub,” Discord continued with a chuckle.

Luca grabbed at the collar and pulled at it, ripping it off with ease. He growled again and this time unleashed a blast of psychic force, quickly following it up two spheres of spectral energy. The balls of solid shadow slammed into Discord.

“Okay, you’re mad, I get that,” the draconequus said, waving away the smoke. “Still, no reason we can’t be civil.”

Luca, stop, you’re not actually doing anything, Daphne said commandingly. Don’t give him the satisfaction. The Lucario let the aura around his hands dissipate, but he still glared at the draconequus.

“Oh stop pouting, it makes you look childish,” Discord said casually. Luca now found himself wearing a pink baby’s bonnet and bib, a matching pacifier in his mouth.

Are you simply here to bully us? Gabrielle asked as Daphne fell over, cackling in glee at the Lucario’s current state.

“No, but when Fluttershy said that Starbutt had gone off to see ‘aliens’ I had to see for myself. I certainly didn’t expect anything from my old friend Arceus.”

“You know Arceus?” Xavier asked.

“Well, ‘know’ isn’t the right word. And neither is ‘friend’, now that I think about it.” The being seemed to put his head into his hands contemplatively. “But yes, we are acquainted. Gave him a few pointers, even.” Discord found himself covered in enough confetti to cover a small room. “Oh now you’re just wasting your energy,” he chided, turning to the shocked Blastoise. Blaster fired off his cannons a few more times, each time producing more confetti.

“Besides, who do you think gave him the idea for tortoises with artillery in their shells? Or sheep with static wool? Honestly, the big bird of prey there is completely mundane,” Discord said drolly. “I swear Arceus made one that was on fire…”

“Talonflame?” Xavier asked. “Or Blaziken?”

“Those are the names you gave them? My goodness, for a race so creative, you humans can be so boring sometimes.” Discord rolled his eyes, the orbs quite literally spinning around like golf balls in a hamster wheel. “Don’t tell me you gave any of those other brilliant works of art dumb names. I swear, the pink one can come up with better names.”

“Daphne. Daphne!” Xavier shouted so the convulsing Delphox could hear him. “Get up and control yourself. It’s embarrassing.”

Look at him! she mentally screamed, pointing a shaking finger at Luca. The Lucario’s unwanted wardrobe refused to budge, despite his pulling at it with enough strength to shred steel like paper. Clearly Discord wanted to keep humiliating him. How can I not laugh at that!?

Discord simply smirked at the scene, seeming to enjoy both the attention and the Delphox’s amusement. “Thank you my dear, I’ll be here all night,” he told her with a chuckle before turning back to Xavier. “So, what brings an immortal human and his group of demigods with him to little old Equestria, eh? I mean, as famous as I am, it can’t just be little old me.”

“Honestly, we didn’t even know you existed until a few hours ago,” Xavier replied.

“You didn’t?” Discord asked, looking hurt. “They... they didn’t mention their best buddy Discord?”

Arceus dumped us in the middle of a blizzard, Daphne pointed out as Luca finally managed to pull the pacifier from his mouth. Not that it was a problem, though. I just think he kept stuff hidden from us because he thought it’d be funny.

“That sounds like old Arceus,” Discord agreed with a small chuckle. “Though personally I prefer Giratina. He’s a real comedian once you get to know him, though it’s very dry comedy.”

“He tried to eat Razor,” Xavier said flatly.

“Well, I wouldn’t know, never been one for poultry.” Razor let out an angry squawk at the implication of being no better than a farm animal. Discord rolled his eyes at the bird before glancing at Gabrielle. “Hmm... and what about you?”

What about me? Gabrielle asked defensively.

“I don’t know actually,” Discord replied before he gestured at her with a talon. “You’ve got enough power to make me raise an eyebrow, even if only a little, but you’re... distracted, I feel. You’re full of heat.” Daphne and Luca managed to stifle their laughter.

And what is that supposed to mean?

“It means that something inside of you is absolutely boiling,” Discord replied before his eyes widened. “OH! I see now. Feeling a bit neglected, are we?”

I-I have no idea what you’re talking about, the Gardevoir managed to get out, backing away from the draconequus.

Discord simply smirked and snapped his fingers. “Well then, ta ta, never let it be known that I kept lovers apart, Cadance would have quite the bone to pick with me about that,” he said. “Of course, you’ve got one of your own to ‘pick’ don’t you? Have fun and don’t cut yourself.”

The draconequus vanished, but as he did he pointed a finger at Xavier. “Well that was weird,” the man said. He went to scratch himself but found his range of movement a little limited. “Huh?”

Xavier looked at his hands and frowned. “Dammit, did I get hypnotised into thinking I’m a Gallade again?” the trainer asked, looking down his arm to see the distinctive green extendable elbow blades.

Oh my goodness, he heard a female voice say.

The trainer turned to see Daphne looking at him in a way that could only be described as ‘befuddled’, while Gabrielle simply stood there, mouth wide open in shock. Luca looked incredibly confused, Amp looked scared, while Razor just looked furious. The only sign that Blaster gave that he was even slightly confused was a slightly-raised eyebrow.

“Gabby?” Xavier stepped closer, doing his best to ignore how different his legs felt. “You okay?” he asked, waving a hand in front of her face.

“Where is Xavier?” he heard someone growl. “What did that freak do with him?”

“Don’t panic,” a calm, deep voice responded. “You know Xavier isn’t in any danger.”

“But we don’t,” a higher-pitched, but undeniably male voice replied. “One moment he was here, the next a Gallade was in his place!”

“Then we should ask the Gallade,” a smooth, yet menacing voice said. Xavier turned towards the sound of an unfurling wing and saw the Staraptor pointing at him, using his best death glare.

“Razor, why are you pointing at me?” Xavier asked, feeling annoyed at being left out of the loop.

“How do you know my name?” Razor asked threateningly, getting right into Xavier’s face.

“I gave it to you!” the trainer responded angrily, looking down at Razor. He couldn’t help but feel that he was a bit closer to him than normal, though.

Xaiver? Daphne’s voice rang out in his mind. Is… is that you?

“Yes, it’s me! What is wrong with everyone?” he demanded before frowning and looking at Razor. “And why can I understand you?”

“Oh dear... this is going to be quite a bother,” a new voice said, Xavier turned to see Amp looking at him worriedly. “Um, sir... you may have... ah... acquired... some new limbs, so to speak…”

“Wait. I can understand you.” Amp nodded hesitantly. “Actually understand, instead of just knowing what you mean.” Xavier’s eyes went wide as he stared at his elbow blade. “Oh sweet merciful Arceus.”

“Err... yes, that,” Amp replied with a hesitant nod. “Please be careful sir, they look rather sharp.”

“That freak!” Luca shouted. “Next time I get my paws on him I will beat him to death with his own horns!”

“He’s not that different,” a deep baritone voice said from behind Xavier, undoubtedly coming from Blaster. “He’s still who he always has been, and I’m sure it will wear off.”

“We don’t know that,” Amp pointed out, twiddling his cloven hooves slightly against one another.

Gabrielle stared at Xavier for a long moment, composing herself before calmly saying. I will remain here with Xavier and study his condition, she volunteered. Everyone else should leave unless you want to risk turning into humans due to some ironic effect.

Really? Daphne asked. ‘Studying the effect’? We all know what you’re going to study, and it won’t be that.

Gabrielle sniffed. I will be very hands on, I assure you, she replied stiffly.

“I’m not sure I want to take part in this…” Xavier said, backing away a little.

“Err... we should probably leave, post haste,” Amp declared, noticing the look in Gabrielle’s eyes. “Quickly now everyone, evacuate the room in an orderly fashion.”

“Wait, ‘evacuate’? What is that meant to mean!?” Xavier turned to Luca, only to see him walking away.

“I want nothing to do with this,” he declared. “Besides, I need to spar.”

I’ll go with you, Daphne offered. The further we are from here the better, she added as an afterthought.

“I will give you the same advice as always, Master,” Blaster said slowly as he began to walk towards the door. “Hang on tightly, and whatever you do, don’t let go unless you wish to be lost in the storm to come.”

“You’re just gonna leave me here!?” Xavier let out a strangled sound when Gabrielle pulled him closer.

“It is as the old saying goes; never get between a Lady and her Lord,” Blaster replied over his shoulder before he walked out the door and closed it behind him.

Now, my handsome knight, Gabrielle said lustily, will you lead, or shall I?

“Uhh, G-Gabby, slow down a little. You’re not being yourself right NOW!” he yelped when her hand went lower.

No. We’ve been apart too long as it is, she stated in reply before she gave him a deep kiss, catching the man-turned-Pokémon off guard. And I will not waste this opportunity! There was something in her ‘voice’ that Xavier hadn’t heard before... it wasn’t lust or need... it was desperation. She sounded like she was on the verge of either tears of screaming.

“O… okay. Just take it slowly, will you?” Xavier asked.

Of course, Gabrielle replied, leaning in towards him. They kissed passionately, revelling in each other’s presence. When they pulled away, the Gardevoir let out a gasp. What in the world!?

“What is it?” Xavier asked, pulling away further to look at her better. “What’s wrong?”

Nothing’s wrong, but… Gabrielle pointed at him. You’re normal again.

“Really?” He looked down and saw that everything was the way it should be. “Oh. That’s kind of a relief.”

I... suppose it is, she said, letting out a sorrowful sigh, her voice becoming despondent. I suppose it... it was too good to be true, she added in a whisper.

She let out a yelp when Xavier scooped her up into his arms. “Just because I’m back to normal doesn’t mean we can’t do anything,” he pointed out.

Gabrielle leaned against his chest lightly, still looking depressed. I... I know... it’s just... never mind. Shall we?

Author's Note:

People wanted Discord, you get Discord.
Err, mind you, I probably fucked up his characterisation a good deal. Kinda hard to get a consistent read of a character's personality when their very purpose is to be chaotic and random.