• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 4,552 Views, 86 Comments

Little Jewels - Shadowmane PX-41



It's amazing how quickly things can change. One minute, Diamond Tiara feels on top of the world. And the next day, she and Silver Spoon have been turned into foals for all to see.

  • ...
17
 86
 4,552

A Shopping Trip

Diamond and Silver had finally ran out of blocks to stack and were now gazing upon their magnificent structure. It was large enough for them to fit inside and it was all lightly coloured, so as to excite them and make them happy. They had only added the roof recently with a few new pieces that Applebloom and Babs had bestowed upon them during the long break I took.

They crawled inside their castle and took a look around, for a foalish castle it was quite impressive. There was enough space for both Diamond and Silver to get around and have a nap in secrecy if they felt like it.

"Weww, Siwvew, we did it." She sat down next to her sister and put a hoof over her shoulder, "We finawwy have ouw own wittwe home away fwom home."

"Feews wike it took fowevew to buiwd dis castwe." Silver finally relaxed herself and slowly flopped backwards onto her back, making sure not to disrupt the balance of the stacked blocks, "Aww dis hawd wowk has made me quite tiwed." She placed a hoof in her mouth and began to suckle away as she entered a hard earned sleep.

"Come to tink of it, I wanna sweep as weww." Diamond said as she gently laid herself down on her back, right next to Silver, "I'ww see yoo when I see yoo, Siwvew." She placed her hoof in her muzzle and began to let the soothing feel of hoof-sucking send her into a deep slumber,

As the two foals slept, Applebloom and Babs were headed downstairs to make breakfast for themselves. Once arriving in the kitchen, they got to work quickly and made some toast with jam, added with some freshly squeezed orange juice sent over from the orange family in Manehatten. Because, why not?

"So tell me." Applebloom asked Babs once they took a seat on the couch in the living room, "How was life in Manehatten before this silly Marefia business started?"

"It was alright." She took a sip of the OJ, "Same old, usually hustling and bustling with many ponies either heading to work, or to the shops. Oh and the Horseway district is still in business, always coming up with new shows to wow the crowds."

"Have ya seen any of the Horseway shows in Manehatten?" Applebloom asked after taking a bite of the jam toast and washing it down with the OJ.

"Well, not yet." Babs hung her head a little, "I always seem to come up 5 bits short when tickets go on sale, I've been meaning to earn some more for some time now."

"How come?"

"The hours I worked in buckboxing class don't really pay well unless I teach for all classes." Babs begain to explain, "And sometimes they dock my pay just because some students mess up their steps a little. It wasn't my fault! Why do they have to hog all the bits for themselves?!"

"Calm down, Babs!" Applebloom restrained Babs's hooves, causing her to calm down a little, "Just calm down, yer away from you're problems now, here with me, Diamond and Silver."

"Sorry." Babs said in a neutral tone, "Guess I let my emotions consume me again." She shuffled her front hooves a little as she hung her head, "It's been this way ever since the Marefia started hunting me."

"Ah know what it's like ta be in an emotional funk." Applebloom spoke to Babs with her hooves on her chin, "There was this time where me and Sweetie Belle had a little... falling out before the adoption." Applebloom got to her hooves again, "Ah didn't know whether or not she'd fergive me fer what I said. But luckily, we were able to talk things over and fix our friendship before the adoption."

"Good for you then. I don't think this will go away for me until the deadline passes."

"Cheer up, couz." Applebloom now had a hoof wrapped around Babs' shoulders, "Ya need to lighten a little, enjoy life." Applebloom headed over to the kitchen cupboards again and noticed the first issue. They were out of eggs, "Darn, and today was the day I make me and Babs on apple pie."

"What's going on in there, couz?" Babs came in to see that Applebloom was just closing a cupboard.

"Babs, ah've gotta head out into town fer a while to get some more eggs fer the pie ah'm making tonight." She took her saddlebags from the door at the side and started to walk back upstairs, "While ah'm gone, you should have no problem with bucking the apples down from the trees today.

"But if I've got the apple trees, who's got Diamond and Silver?" Babs asked just as Applebloom disappeared from the top of the stairs.

"Ah got em." Applebloom poked her head back to say those words before heading back into her room.

She opened the door to see that Diamond and Silver were still sleeping peacefully, with hooves wrapped in their mouths. Applebloom took both of them in her muzzle and sat them on the bed, whilst she poked through a nearby closet to pull out the foal carrier.

She took Diamond into her seat on the left side first and then placed Silver in the right side before gently walking out the door and back downstairs again.

"Now, Babs, before ah go, let me give ya a few tips on apple-bucking." She whispered from this point on, so as not to wake Diamond and Silver, "Think ya can do it now?"

"Yeah, it should be no problem once I get onto the field." Babs nodded before heading out a separate door into the apple orchard, "I'll see you when you get back, OK?"

"Sure." Applebloom opened the door and stood on the other side of the frame with her hoof on the handles outside, "Remember, grab the ground with yer front hooves fer support."

Applebloom walked out of the door and quietly shut the door with her hoof before heading into town with her two foals. They slept peacefully as Applebloom neared her location.

_______________________________

Applebloom took one of the trolleys at the back of the set and used her muzzle to guide it in. It was large enough to house what Applebloom needed and more, with everything neatly sorted into different aisles so she could find it easily. But just in case it wasn't a clue, the merchandise was labeled next to the aisle numbers so everypony could find them without fail.

"Well as long as ah'm here, ah might as well reload on a few other stuff ah'm running out on." Applebloom said as she headed down aisle 7, which contained the eggs she was looking for. She found the best pack of six eggs in the aisle and gently dropped it into the trolley.

"Well, that's the eggs fer the pie done." She started moving the trolly to the next aisle to find some other things she was looking for. She headed down a few more aisles, grabbing what she needed along the way. Ranging from butter, milk, flour, basically the necessities.

"One more thing to get, and this one's for mah little jewels, Diamond and Silver." She headed down one last aisle that was painted light pink for some reason. She walked down to find the cutest little fairy costumes for them both. Diamond and Silver were finally starting to stir a little once Applebloom took the costumes for them.

"Whewe awe we?" Silver asked once she finally arose from her slumber and dropped both of her front hooves in awe, "It wooks so pink and pwetty, awmost wike it was deisgned fow us."

"It wooks wike da supewmawket in Ponyviwwe." Diamond said to herself once she awoke and got a glimpse of what Applebloom was buying for them, "And dat wooks wike Mama, getting us someting pwetty and foawish."

"Weawwy!?" Silver saw that Applebloom was putting the costumes in the trolley, making sure to grab them by the hanger and not the material itself, "Dey wook beautifuw, wike someting you'd wanna sweep in and nevew take off."

"Tanks, Mama." The two foals spoke in unison once more, elicting a smile from Applebloom.

"Yer welcome, girls." She took the trolley down to the checkout to validate her purchases.

The clerk scanned each item carefully with his barcode laser. Holding both the item and the barcode laser with his unicorn magic he went through all the items in quick succession. The final price came to 60 bits, Applebloom responded to that price by pulling out a bag of bits from her pocket and placing it on the counter, before placing a discount card that was only valid for Apple Family members, thus giving her a 10% discount, bringing the new total to 54 bits.

"I trust this should be enough to get everything?" Applebloom asked, seeing as there wasn't going to be a downside from saying the question.

"It certainly is, Applebloom." The clerk placed all the items into two saddlebags and levitated them onto Applebloom's back, right behind the foal carrier base, "We hope to see you here again very soon." He said as she headed back to the house with two very happy foals.

"Wow, Mama weawwy wikes us, even aftew I mistweated hew in da past." Diamond said as they headed back through the streets again.

"Don't fowget, Diamond, dis is anodew weawity." Silver finally came to a conclusion, "Why ewse do yoo tink dat Mama wooks wike a fuww-gwown mawe instead of a fiwwy?"

"I was initiawwy gonna say gwowth spuwt, but den I weawized it wouldn't be enough." Diamond said as they started to head back up the hill to Sweet Apple Acres, "So my second guess was gonna be dat somepony cast a speww on hew."

"Weww, whatevew yoo tink, awways wemembew." Silver began to comfort her, "Dis is ouw new Equestwia, and dis is ouw new wife. I'm quite content wid being a foaw again and I actuawwy feew safe and happy when I awound Mama and hew Aunties."

"Me too." Diamond perked up, "Why shouwd ouw wives be da same owd bwutaw ways odew and odew again?" She asked, "I just wanna be happy and have a cwean swate."

"Weww, we do have a cwean swate now, Diamond." Silver said as they finally got back into the house, "And It's gonna be da best wife evew if I know you'we gonna be wight hewe with me, Mama and Aunties."

"Aww, tanks, Siwvew." Diamond lightly said in a comforted voice.

"You'we wewcome, Diamond." She replide as they finally made it back into the nursery to try out their new outfits.

Author's Note:

End Of Part 8

I think it's just gonna be foalish things from now on, seeing as there's no explanations needed for this other universe tag. More foalish things to come soon, sorry if there's no pictures. I'm no artists as its' been said before. If someone could give me a page where I could create brony art, that would be most appreciated. See you all soon guys and gals. Have a nice day.

Rate
Comment
Like
Follow