• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 547 Views, 0 Comments

Pipsqueak - SpikE-dog



The story of young pipsqueak and his journey to the big apple.

  • ...
8
 0
 547

Things climax

A bomb. I mean a literal bomb. A,five pieces of dynamite stuck together with duct tape and a detonator counting down on it, bomb.

"Knuckles take the punk!" Sonic shouted as he threw me over his shoulder like it was nothing and darted toward the bomb. Soon enough a pair of red arms wrapped around me and sucked any remaining air out of my lungs.

Spike started back as Sonic reached the bomb. "Tails, you get Vinyl out of here!"

Tails froze. "But...S"

"JUST GO!!" Spike screamed.

This time I was sure of it. Just as he shouted his entire body flashed black and his eyes glowed white. Tails noticed it to and immediately grabbed Vinyl and dove into the other room.

Sonic in the mean time had been staring at the bomb and analyzing it until his eyes widened when he noticed a small counter on the outside counting down. 23...22...21...he grinned and then disappeared. I mean seriously, how fast is that guy?

"Well looks like Sonic's got that." Knuckles stated slightly annoyed.

"Now" spike laid a claw on my shoulder. "Let's talk."

Knuckles grabbed some rope out of the closet and they began to tie my hands behind my back when I looked out the window just in time to see a red glow appear in the distance by the docks. Whew. At least he got it out of here. I let out a sigh.

They stood in an awkward silence simply staring at me. What seemed like hours passed by until Sonic came whirring back in again and stopped right in front of me. Again; another awkward science. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Who are you people?!" I screamed; struggling beneath my bonds. Tails and Vinyl slowly crept back in the room.

Sonic slapped me across the face. "Shouldn't we be asking you who you are?"

I glanced at their faces. "Well apparently you guys know something I don't! Care to explain?!"

Spike piped up. "Seriously, you had a bomb in you're bag!! Explain that!!"

"I honestly have no idea! Knuckles you saw me out there, I was completely out. How could I have timed you taking me in exactly with the bomb!?"

"I don't know you're the bomb artist." Knuckles said with a straight face.

"Wait....BOMB ARTIST!?!?"

"Don't even try it Leo!" Sonic shouted in my face. As he pulled his hand back for another strike

"What..Leo...I.." I managed to stutter.

"Sonic, STOP!!" Vinyl shouted. But sonic hadn't heard her. His fist flew forward and I shut my eyes but after a second I opened them. Black. Pitch Black.
_________________________________

At first I thought I had been knocked out again. Until I saw that it was a glowing black claw that had stopped sonics white glove. Everyone turned to look at Spike whose arm was slowly being encased in a black glow .

"She said..Stop." Spike growled.

Everyone froze. I decided it would be best if I did the same but then I remembered that I didn't have much of a choice.

"Ok." Sonic managed to mutter. "Spike...let's just calm down now." But the black aura continued to creep over his body. What was this guy?!

"Spikey." Spike whipped around, a scowl on his face. Vinyl stepped up to him and surprisingly he did nothing. She leaned up to his ear and whispered something inaudible. Suddenly his expression softened and he loosened his grip on sonics fist. As the black energy faded it was replaced with Vinyls blue energy he passed out and was slowly moved onto the couch.

Again; silence. Seriously, I thought, what is with all these awkward silences. "So, any chances of me getting untied here." I managed a smile that sonic quickly killed with a stare that reminded me of a quiet girl from my elementary school in ponyville.

"I'm telling you I'm not this Leo guy." I insisted after awhile.

"Likely sto..." Knuckles started.

Tails final piped in. "Um guys, I think I have something." He held up his phone with a picture on it. Everyone except sonic gathered round tails as he passed around the phone. There was some inaudible chatter amongst them. Meanwhile I sat there receiving a large helping of sonics stares.

Finally knuckles came over, phone in hand, and sonic snatched it. He glared at it in unwavering in his expression until he handed it back.

"Now, I'm gonna ask you one more time," He got right in my face. "Are you Leo?"

I mustered up what courage I could and stared him down. "No." I stated blatantly. Again, you guessed it, awkward silence. Sonic stood up and walked over to the small kitchen area and grabbed a large steak knife off the counter.

I immediately began struggling. "Hey, I'm telling you the truth!!!" He rose the knife high over his head.

"I know." He said as the knife came down right beside my left shoulder; cutting the ropes.
_________________________________
"So your just a normal kid?" Vinyl asked.

"Yeah, that's me..." I glanced back at the picture. I still couldn't believe it.

There, on the screen, was a seemingly young, white furred colt who looked exactly like me; well, expect for two things. The clothes, obviously, were one considering that it was a mugshot. But the other was so subtle I wouldn't have even noticed it. I had a brown patch of fur on the right side of my face, covering my eye. In the photo this, Leo, had the same patch but on his left eye.

My focus was interrupted by tails who was now drinking from a cup of hot tea. "So..." He asked.

"So?" I responded.

"So, what are your plans now that you're not a wanted criminal?" Vinyl laughed.

"Well for starters I need to find out who this guy is." I piped up.

Tails responded again. "His names Leo and he's the worlds youngest criminal."

Sonic piped in. "Unfortunately, the kids a genius."

"Unfortunately?" I asked.

Tails continued "Yeah, he was top of his class at Canterlot academy."

There was that school again. Vinyl noticed me stiffen at the word. "What's wrong kid?" I sighed "That's the reason i ran away. My parents were gonna send me there. No choice."

Knuckles finally spoke up. "Figures, that's what most parents want is to get their kids out of the house."

Vinyl leaned over the couch and smacked him upside the face. "Knuckles shut up!"

"It's okay." I assured her. "I doubt I'll be missing them anytime soon. In the meantime, i mean....I know it's a lot to ask but....would it be okay if...it's not to much trouble."

"Don't sweat it kid, you can stay with us." Sonic waved.

"Really!? Oh I mean..um..thanks."

Sonic started "I mean, after we tied you up, held you captive, hit you..."

"...repeatedly" Knuckles chuckled.

"Yeah, hysterical" I grimaced. One of Knuckles blows had left a reasonably sized bruise on my arm.

"Hey guys, I think I'm gonna call it a night."

"Sure thing Pipsqueak." Spike rose and led me toward a room that was slightly bigger than my room but significantly smaller than the others. "Sorry, it may not be as big as you're accustomed to but..."

"It's perfect." I embraced the dragon. My attempt at a "thank-you" hug fell a little short as I was, a little short. I barely reached his mid torso and the redness of my face was enough for both of us to know i was embarrassing myself. I quickly straightened up, only to feel a huge claw pat me on the head.

"You're all right kid." He gave me a warm smile "Sleep tight."

After tonight, not a problem. Spike walked back out into the main room where the others were carrying on. I hung my bag on the edge it the bed post and plopped down on my new bed. I lifted the covers up over my neck and shut my eyes to the noise of five new friends having a ball just on the other side of the bedroom wall.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment