• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 547 Views, 0 Comments

Pipsqueak - SpikE-dog



The story of young pipsqueak and his journey to the big apple.

  • ...
8
 0
 547

A chance meeting

A bright light. "Am I dead?" I tried to focus. "No, it's hurts to much for me to be dead." My vision started to clear. "Yep, definitely hurts." I let out a groan.

"Oh my god." said a kids voice. "Knuckles, he's waking up!"

"It took long enough." I heard from an approaching man who could be none other than Knuckles. I turned my head to the side and sure enough I saw a red man approaching except it wasn't a man it was a...echidna?

I had read about them in our worlds history class. A group of strange creatures came over to our world 1000 years ago. Echidnas, foxes, rabbits, hedgehogs, and countless others were welcomed into our world from there's which was discovered right next to ours.

Sure enough I was staring, more like squinting as my head hurt, face to face with an echidna.

"It's about time. I've taken worse than that and gotten right back up." He exclaimed.

"Knuckles" the kid said.

"And what's more, why in the heck were you outside bleeding in the rain." He continued, completely ignoring him.

"KNUCKLES!!" Tails stepped forward.

"What Tails?!" He shot back.

I struggled to sit up. The kid Tails whipped around. "Whoa whoa whoa don't push yourself!"

I couldn't help but comply. My legs felt like jello. "Wha-what happened?"
I asked him.

Knuckles scowled "You were an idiot that's what!"

Tails stepped in. "Knuckles over here found you lying on the edge of the road with you leg bleeding out."

"M.y...leg?" Everything was a bit hazy but I looked down and sure enough my left leg had a bandage around the ankle. I tried to move it.

"Sorry." Tails exclaimed "I had to give you a shot to numb the pain. Don't worry I'm a registered nurse."

Knuckles scoffed.

"Th-thanks." I managed to stutter "Where are we exactly?"
_________________________________

"WELCOME TO OUR CRIB!!!" Exclaimed an overly excited dragon. And yes I do mean dragon. As in a 5 foot dragon with claws and a tail. He had just gotten up from their couch in front of one of the biggest TV's I'd ever seen, and next to him was the top of some kind of blue creature. I disregarded him for now.

"Names Spike kid; what's yours?"

"Oh I don't rea..." I stuttered.

"Aw come on kid we don't judge." Spike exclaimed.

I froze. I was surrounded by some of the most generous people I'd ever met. Okay I thought, never start out with lies. I let out a deep breath.

"Pipsqueak" I said firmly.

They all froze. Spikes lips stared to quiver and he eventually had to let his curled up claws cover his mouth. Knuckles was...well...less subtle. By that I mean he was full out rolling on the floor laughing. Tails, surprisingly enough, was relatively calm. He chuckled at first which i expected as much but then he promptly held his normal straight face. I just stood there, helpless.

I felt like crying when all of a sudden a door on the other side of the room opened up and a snow white unicorn with electric blue hair stepped into the living room. She wore a bath robe over a pair of wonderbolt pajama pants and a tank top. Her hair had several loose strands sticking out. Oh great we'd just woken her up.

"What the hay is wrong with you guys? Ain't you ever heard of a decent nights sleep!?" Her eyes shifted to the small white colt between tails and knuckles. "Sorry bout that kid, pipsqueak right?"

"How'd you know that?"

"Well it's not hard to know with all the NOISE!" She shot a glare at the three guys now slowly shrinking away. "By the way, names Vinyl Scratch." She extended a hand. "Wait a second...What's a kid like you doing wandering around Manehatten." Her expression changed dramatically. "Oh sweet celestia, your parents must be worried sick."

"I doubt it. I ran away." I stated blatantly.

Knuckles stopped laughing instantly. Spike gave me a wayward glance. "And whys that?" He asked. Every one around me stiffened. Tails "nonchalantly" moved toward the counter and grabbed the phone. "What's wrong with you guys?" Then from the couch raised up a blue hedgehog who whipped around. "Answer the question." He said. At that moment I thought he was going to kill me.

"Okay..well I was attending clysdale high when my parents suddenly decided to try and send me to Canterlot academy so I had no choice."

Their eyes never left me for a second. "Prove it." Knuckles said.

"Oh great." I thought. How am I gonna "Oh yeah, my school ID." I told them. Without waiting for their permission I spotted and charged at my bag. I just wanted to get these guys off my back.

As I charged at it I heard Vinyl shout from behind me "Sonic GO!" Before she was even done a whirring blue figure had jumped off the couch and was in front of me with one of his white gloved hand on my throat and the other balled up and ready to strike.

"How'd you.." I started.

"Can it buster! Spike, the bag!" Sonic commanded.

Spike lunged surprisingly swiftly toward the bag. Midair I could have sworn that he had started to glow with a dark black color. Naah, must've been my imagination. Then he tore and I literally mean tore the bag apart and spilled its contents on the ground. A few items hit the ground. Comics, a wallet, some food......and a bomb.