• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 713 Views, 42 Comments

The Crowded Library - SuperGiantRobot



A collection of my stories from Thirty Minute Pony Stories,

  • ...
2
 42
 713

A Letter From Pipsqueak

Dear Pryn Princess Luna,

Hello, Princess. My name is Pipsqueak. Do you remember me? You came to visit Ponyville last Nightmare Night. You scared everyone with your shouty voice and scary joke and when we knew you were just playing a prank we all laughed and I told you you were my faver favourite Princess ever. Don’t tell Princess Sel Sill your sister that I said that, though. I don’t want to get in trouble.

I thought it would be nice to send you a letter because you maybe never got one before.

How have you been? Have you been making any friends since Nightmare Night? I’ve made a few. One of them is a filly named Sweetie Belle who goes to school with me. She’s a very special kind of friend, though. She makes me all shivery when I see her, and that’s what makes her special. Mum says the shivery feeling means something good and Mums are never wrong.

They aren’t allowed to be. It’s a rule.

I like Ponyville. Everypony is fren friendly mostly, but some aren’t, but that’s okay because more are than aren’t. Mostly it’s two fillies in my school who aren’t nice, but I don’t want to tattle and get them in trouble with you. My teacher Miss Chair Cheerilee is very sweet and told my Mum and Dad I’m a very cute student for my age. I don’t know what being cute has to do with doing so well in class, but it was a nice thing to say. I’m very good with numbers and sums compared to the others and that’s why she thinks I’m so cute.

At least I think she said cute.

I even have some grown-up friends. One of them is Sweetie Belle’s sister and she’s very pretty. Her name is Miss Rarity and she smiles really nicely whenever she sees me, especially if I’m playing with Sweetie Belle. She makes clothes that are even prettier than she is. My Mum is having a dress made by her, which will make Mum the prettiest in the world.

Miss Twylight Twilight runs the library. You met her on Nightmare Night, remember? She helped you make friends with everypony. She’s very clever and thinks about things all the time. She learns things just like I do, from books with really fancy words in them that make my head hurt. I didn’t know grown-ups needed to learn things, but Miss Twilight is special. She can do really good magic tricks, just like I’m really good with sums.

Does that mean she’s cute, too?

One of the most fun grown up friends is Miss Pinkie (she says I can just call her Pinkie, but that wouldn’t be right because I’m not grown up yet). She’s a lot like the foals I play with and almost nothing like a grown-up. I really like her.

She works at Shu Shoo the town bakery and she makes all sorts of treats and brings some for us sometimes. But sometimes she just gobbles them all up. I don’t think she means to, though. Her treats are very yummy, so maybe she can’t help herself.

She always smells just like the bakery she works in and she likes giving me a hug when she sees me, so I always feel like I’m inside her bakery when she does.

Miss Fluttershy is a pegasus. She has a very long and pretty mane and tail and always seems kind of sad or scared and is very quiet, but she’s very kind and likes animals a lot. The animals like her, too, and she helps them when they’re sick or hurt.

There are two others, but I don’t see them very much. One is Miss Applejack and she is Applebloom’s big sister (Applebloom goes to school with me). She works on a farm. She grows apples and they’re the best anywhere. She’s usually working because running a farm is hard.

The other is Miss Rainbow, who is a pegasus like Miss Fluttershy. She’s very loud and says naughty things sometimes.

You probably know them already, though, since they’re friends of Miss Twilight.

Most of the foals in school are friends with me, except the two I told you about who are quite snooty. Sweetie Belle is friends with Applebloom and another filly named Scootaloo and they go on adventures. They usually get in trouble, though.

There’s a colt named Snails who I’m good friends with. He’s very tall and very silly sometimes and the others tease him a lot, but I like him. He has a best friend named Snips who is quite loud and gets teased a lot too.

I hope you write me back, but Mum and Dad say you’re very busy with the moon and being a Princess so maybe you can’t. That’s okay though, because they also said that writing you a letter is a nice thing to do and that it’s the thought that counts.

I hope you visit us again this Nightmare Night and scare us all again. That was fun.

Your friend,

Pipsqueak

PS Remember not to tell your sister I like you more, okay?