• Published 11th Dec 2013
  • 5,561 Views, 92 Comments

Element Pony Rangers - Shazam 25



Nightmare Moon escapes and Celestia chooses the Mane Six to be the Element Pony Rangers.

  • ...
2
 92
 5,561

Magic Vs. Magic

Twilight was heading to her house Canterlot to visit her parents. It been three days since she become the new Green Ranger. She study the Thunder Coin during that time. She was glad that she was a Ranger, but now she wondering, why did the coin work for Lighting Dust, then for her? That something she going to ask Celestia once she got back to the Castle. She walk up to her house door and knock.

Soon her parents answer it and they hug her in surprise.

"Twilight! Good to see you!" Her mother said.

"You wouldn't believe what the papers have been saying." Her father added.

Twilight roll eyes, of course they read the paper. The paper always cover her and her friends as Rangers. She spotted it and pick it up and read it.

"The Rangers are back! Turn out that Princess Celestia awaking made the Rangers strong again. And shocking twist! The once evil Green Ranger now join them, however, Witness claim that the Green Ranger that join them was a unicorn not a Pegasus that was reporting days ago. Is this new Green Ranger on the Pony Rangers side? Well this reporter does."

Twilight couldn't help but to chuckle. True that the two Green Rangers were different ponies, but she was helping her friends unlike Lighting Dust who was helping Nightmare Moon.

"Twilight? What was so funny?" Her father ask as he step up.

"Oh, I just read about the new Green Ranger that team up with the other Rangers." Twilight said, not telling them it was her that help the Rangers.

After all, She had to follow the code. She couldn't let her parents know. She place the paper down and change the subject.

"Well, Enough about the Rangers right now, So what going on with you two?" She ask.

They sat down and told Twilight what been happened since she left. Leaving out she was the new Green Ranger.


On the Moon, Nightmare Moon was spying on Twilight. She knew that the Thunder Coin was in Twilight's hooves now. After all she got from an old enemy that she and Celestia defeat a long time ago. Trixie on the other hoof was sitting down thinking about how Twilight became strong with magic. Gilda walk over and started to tease her.

"What wrong Trixie? Upset that the Rangers defeated your colt-friend?" She ask, only to get blast to the wall.

"Two things Gilda, one there was noting going on between me and Fighter and two, Because of the Thunder Coin...that unicorn, that Twilight Sparkle...has her magic that rivals even my own!" Trixie yell.

"Then why don't you go and show her who boss? You are the Great and Powerful Trixie." Gilda said as a joke.

Trixie didn't see that and went on gloating.

"Yes, Trixie will go down and fight the new Green Ranger. Trixie will show she has better Magic then that Twilight Sparkle." She said

"Very well, Zecora even has some new Putty Ponies ready for you." Nightmare Moon said listening to what was going on.

"Thank you my queen. First to see how Twilight can handle the new putties before I fight her." Trixie said smiling.


Twilight's day with her family went well. She just told her Parents about a party her new friend Pinkie Pie just threw. Her parents were happy for Twilight. She had friends and five of them too. They left the house to walk together a few minutes ago. They didn't get far before ponies started to run past them.

"What going on?" Twilight's Father ask.

Twilight look at saw Putties coming they way.

"Putty Ponies!" Twilight said and ready herself.

"Putty Ponies?" Twilight's mother ask.

"Yeah, they normally attack Ponyville, but why are they here, I don't know." Twilight explain.

Some of the Putties spotted Twilight and charge at her. Twilight block one of the attack and kick the Putty away. She took the time to train with her friends to fight without her magic. Another Putty try to punch Twilight but she duck and trip it. Twilight flip away and land between three Putties and fire her magic that knock down the one in front of her and then buck the two behind her. More Putties came at her but Twilight notices they had horns this time. They were Unicorn Putty Ponies. They fire a magic blast of their own and Twilight quickly put up a shield that block it. She ran up and punch one away. The other try to throw attack at her but Twilight block and counter. She was then knocked down by a Putty Pony from behind. Twilight fire a magic blast, knocking it away. She was about to fight some more when she heard somepony speak out.

"That enough! She pass the test." She heard.

Twilight turn and saw Trixie with her Parents trap in her magic glow.

"I know you! You're Trixie, that unicorn that cast that forever sleep spell on Princess Celestia." Twilight said ready her own magic.

Trixie smile and said, "I'm the Great and Powerful Trixie and I wouldn't that if I was you Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight watch as Trixie glow started to get tighter on her Parents case them to shout in pain.

"MOM! DAD!" Twilight shouted and made her magic glow even brighter. She had half in mind to morph but dismiss the thought.

"Heh, hee, I challenge you to a duel. Met me at edge of Canerlot. Come with your friends if you must, but remember it just me and you." Trixie said then step up to her.

"I'll be waiting, Green Ranger." She whisper in her ear.

Trixie back away and disappear with Twilight's Parents. Twilight just stood there for a few seconds then teleport to warn the Princess on what just happen.


Meanwhile, the rest of the Rangers were busy playing with the Cakes Twins. Though twins kept call Pinkie a Ranger, Pinkie told ponies that she been telling about the Pony Rangers and they call her Ranger as nickname for them. Then their elements went off. Pinkie took the twins back to the Cakes and Rainbow look around. After seeing nopony was around, She answer her element.

"This is Rainbow Dash." She whisper.

"Rangers, You need to come to the castle at once, we have a problem." Celestia's voice come though.

"Ok, We'll right then." Rainbow said as Pinkie come back.

Soon the Rangers were teleported to the Castle.


They appear in the Castle where Twilight was telling Celestia what happen in Canerlot Town.

"Celestia, What going on?" Rainbow ask.

"Trixie has appear in Canerlot and attack Twilight with new types of Putties call Unicorn Putties." Celestia said.

"Nightmare Moon had made Unicorn Putties? She just one away from making Pegasus Putties and I know you won't like that Rainbow Dash." Applejack said.

"Yeah, Thanks Applejack." Rainbow said.

"Trixie wants me to met her at edge of Canterlot. She know I'm the Green Ranger and she properly thinking I'll show up as a Ranger." Twilight said.

"Then go as her, but after you win, get your parents as Twilight Sparkle." Rainbow said.

"Huh?" Twilight ask.

"A good plan, Trixie is hoping that you would save your parents as the Green Ranger and give yourself away." Celestia agree.

"I see, Lets hope she doesn't make my Parents watch our fight." Twilight said.

"Right, Let go. IT MORPHIN' TIME!" Rainbow said as the pull out their elements and Twilight pull out the Thunder Coin.

"GENEROSITY!"

"LAUGHTER!"

"HONESTY!"

"KINDNESS!"

"LOYALTY!"

"THUNDER!"


The Rangers appear at the Edge of Canerlot. Trixie was there along with Putties and Twilight's Parents.

"AH, Rangers! Welcome.", Trixie said, "You just in time to see the Great and Powerful Trixie preform her latest trick. By making the Rangers disappear."

"We been through that before. Element Green, she all yours, we got the Putties." Rainbow said using a cover name for Twilight.

Twilight nods and ran up to Trixie who jump down. The rest of the Rangers deal with the ponies.

Twilight threw roundhouse that Trixie duck under and fire a magic blast that knock her back. Twilight jump back up and fire her magic blast at Trixie who put a shield. But that what Twilight what to happen. She ran up to Trixie and threw a jump kick that knock her down. Trixie use her magic to summon a black cloud and fire Thunderbolts at Twilight. Twilight dodge and counter the spell with a magic blast that destroy the cloud. Twilight then ran up and punch Trixie away. Trixie stood up and fire another magic blast. Twilight block it with her magic shield and saw that Trixie was going to do the same thing as her. Twilight flip back as Trixie try to punch her, Trixie smile and fire a magic beam that knock Twilight into a nearby tree. She slid down as Trixie walk up to her.

"You fight well, Green Ranger. But did you really think your Magic can beat the Great and Powerful Trixie?" She said.

"I'm not just strong because of my Magic, Trixie.", Twilight said and stood up, "I'm strong because of my friends and speaking of which, looks like the Putties couldn't handle them, not even the Unicorn Putties."

Trixie turn to see all the Putties were defeated and the Rangers free Twilight parents.

"Get out of here! Your daughter had told us what happen and it about to get ugly really soon." Rainbow said.

"Where is Twilight?" Twilight's dad ask.

"She staying a the castle for now. Don't worry, she come to see you but first get some where safe." Rarity told them.

They nod and ran to a safe place.

"Looks like your plan has fail Trixie." Twilight said drawing her Thunder Dragger.

The other Rangers come up from behind Trixie and drew their Element Weapons. Trixie just laugh.

"I challenge you to a duel Twilight, I never said what kind!" Trixie told her.

"What?" Twilight ask.

"This was a Magic duel that you had to use you magic to free your parents. If you did that then I, the Great and Powerful Trixie, would admitted that you're more powerful then me. But your friends did instead, you lost the duel Twilight." Trixie explain.

"Heh, so did you." Twilight said back catching her by surprise, "You told me to bring my friends, that was a mistake. Remember what I said? I'm not strong because of my magic, but because of my friends as well."

Trixie was shock. She made a mistake and didn't realize it. Maybe about what the others say about her is true, maybe she is too full of herself. Twilight teleport back to her friends and they all stood to see what will happen next.

"Come on Trixie, I know you are powerful at Magic, most of the blasts were knock me out, if I wasn't morph. Celestia can help you learn better magic if you just let us." Twilight said.

Trixie just stood there. Learn stronger magic? She did think there are times she was weak but once Nightmare Moon help her, she didn't feel weak. She had to admit the thought was good, but as long as Nightmare Moon was around, There was no way for her to be safe.

"No.", She said, "As long as Nightmare Moon is my queen, I will follow her to the very end."

Trixie turn and ready a spell.

"And Trixie will do just that!" She shouted and cast her spell.

Turns out Trixie knew the same spell as Nightmare Moon, that made monsters grow. Soon Trixie was 30 feet tall and try to stomp on the Rangers.

"So much for Trixie being on our side." Twilight said.

"Yeah she would be a great help." Rainbow agree.

The Rangers stood up and shouted, "WE NEED DINOZORD POWER NOW!"

The Zords came running to Canerlot and the Rangers jump in.

Twilight stood on her back hooves and play the tune to summon the Dragonzord. In the far away lake, the water boil as the Dragonzord rose out. It roar and walk to Canerlot ready for battle. Twilight jump in hers as well.

Trixie fire a magic blast, only for the Zords to spread out making the beam miss them. Rainbow had her Tyrannozord ran up to Trixie and spin at the last second and hit her with the tail. Trixie was knock away and Rarity had the Mastodon move over to Trixie and blow ice on her freeze her. But Trixie broke out and knock the Mastodon into the Tyrannozord. Then the Pterodactyl flew down and hit Trixie knocking her back to the ground. Trixie got up only to be jump by the Saber-tooth Tiger. She kick it off and fire a beam at the Pterodactyl, knock it out of the sky. She was then ram by the Triceratops and was knock away from Canterlot. She stood up again and saw the Dragonzord walk up to her and grab her. It threw Trixie even farer away from Canterlot.

"That it!", Trixie shouted and a giant glow appear on her horn, "You Rangers have fought your last battle!"

Trixie fire a giant energy ball that the Mastodon, Triceratops, Saber-tooth Tiger, and Dragonzord dodge but the Pterodactyl and Tyrannozord was hit. They feel over and Twilight call them over the comm.

"Rainbow! Pinkie! Are you ok?" She ask.

"Yeah, but I can't move the Tyrannozord. The blast Trixie send had badly damage it." Rainbow said.

"Same with the Pterodactyl." Pinkie call in as well.

"Oh no! Without Rainbow and Pinkie, we can form the Megazord." Fluttershy said.

"That ain't good." Applejack agree.

"This is the worst thing that could happen." Rarity said.

Only Twilight was calm. She was thinking of a way to stop Trixie.

"Wait a second...", Twilight said to herself, thinking back to when she combined the Dragonzord with the Megazord, "If that combination worked, who's to say that this next one won't?"

"I think I have an idea for defeating Trixie," Twilight replied. "I'm going to try to form a new Megazord."

"A new Megazord?" Fluttershy replied. "Would it be dangerous?"

"Probably not, but you might want to hold onto something while it." Twilight said and ready herself, "Dragon Battlezord formation, go!"

After Twilight said that, the Mastodon, Triceratops, and Sabre-Tooth Tiger zords were lifted into the air alongside the Dragonzord. The Triceratops and Sabre-Tooth zords tucked in their legs and formed legs on the Dragonzord similar to what usually happened when they combined with the Tyrannozord. The Mastodon did a similar action, its head and body separating and forming the chestplate and arms for the Dragonzord. The Dragonzord's tail extended and detached, flying into the hand formed by the Mastodon and becoming a spear-like weapon.

"Dragon Battlezord, ready!" the Rangers shouted in unison.

"Wow," Twilight said to herself. "I can't believe that actually worked."

"Hey, Twilight?", Applejack ask, "Is there anything different that we're supposed to do with the Dragon Battlezord as opposed to the normal Megazord?"

"No," Twilight replied. "The only differences are that Rainbow and Pinkie aren't here and I'm the leader of this combination. Also, slightly different weapon."

"Well that doesn't sound too hard," Rarity said. "But the only question is: how much more easily can we take Trixie down?"

"Actually, the Dragon Battlezord has a similar level of power as the Megazord, so just as easily as normal. Now let's go!" Twilight explain and the Dragon Battlezord charge at Trixie.

Trixie try to fire a magic blast but the Dragon Battlezord roll the side. It ran up and punch Trixie.

"Take that, you ruffian!" Rarity shouted.

"Good hit, Rarity," Twilight commented. "Applejack, Fluttershy, this next shot belongs to."

"I already know what you mean, Twi.", Applejack said, "Get ready, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy gave a quick nod, acknowledging that she knew what Applejack meant. The two sent their zords into full throttle, running at the downed Trixie at maximum speed. Just before they got to Trixie, Fluttershy used the Sabre-Tooth Tiger zord to leap into the air, allowing Applejack to use the Triceratops zord to give Trixie one solid kick, knocking her back further.

"Good hit you two," Twilight said. "Now it's time to finish Trixie and see if we can help her."

"Now here's something Lighting Dust never would have been able to do. LIGHTNING SPEAR, CHARGE!" As Twilight said this, the Battlezord raised its spear to the sky and was struck by a bolt of lightning, charging the spear and the entire zord with energy.

The Dragon Battlezord to lower its spear, still crackling with electricity, and point it directly towards Trixie.

"FINAL STRIKE!" The Rangers shouted, unleashing a massive amount of magic directly into the Battlezord. Upon doing so, the Battlezord charged directly at Trixie and, in one quick slash, Trixie was defeated. But unlike Fighter, she was just feel to the ground unable to move.

The Dragon Battlezord walk up to Trixie but the watch as Trixie disappear. The Rangers sign and the Dragon Battlezord walk over to the falling two zords. It pick them and disappear.


Back on the Moon, Trixie sat down as Zecora took care of her wounds. Nightmare Moon was standing in front of her. Trixie was waiting to be yell at. Wait to hear how she fail her plan, but Nightmare Moon said noting.

Once Zecora was done, then she spoke.

"Trixie, you might have lost but you did better than the others." Nightmare Moon said.

Trixie look up in surprise.

"You are the only one here that was able to take out two of the Rangers zords. So your plan wasn't a complete fail." She added.

"Thank you, My queen." Trixie said.

"However, I would like you to sit out for a while. The Rangers are strong once more and you were nearly kill." Nightmare Moon said.

Trixie bow her head as in the way she was bowing to Nightmare Moon. After Nightmare Moon walk away, Trixie thought to what Twilight said to her. A chance to learn stronger magic? That was something that was going to be on her mind for a long time.


Later, all the Rangers were gathered back in Canterlot. Twilight just got back after talking to her parents and was looking over the two damage zords.

"How long is it going to take to fix the Tyrannozord?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight.

"And the Pterodactyl?" Pinkie added.

"Without interruption, just a couple of hours at best," Twilight replied. "They'll be back up and running with plenty of time before Nightmare Moon's next attack."

"Your magic is certainly improving, my student," Celestia said. "And not only that, but you discovered the full might of true friendship, This is an important power to master, indeed."

"Yes it is," Twilight replied. "And using that power, the six of us will defeat Nightmare Moon and save Equestria together."

"You're right, Twi," Rainbow Dash said. "If there was anything important to learn today, it's that we aren't only a team, but we're friends, and while a team my be powerful, friends are unbeatable."

The six Rangers hugged while Spike sat on the other side of the room, looking over with a sad look on his face. "Why aren't I ever included in group hugs?" he asked himself.

"That's because you never ask," Fluttershy said, flying over and hugging Spike. She was followed by the other five, who did the same thing. For the first time, all seven of them felt a sense of true friendship within each other's embrace.

Author's Note:

Well here Twilight getting use to the Green Ranger power and having the Dragonzord Battle-mode. Next Nightmare Moon will start trying to get the Thunder Coin back and then a five part crossover with the very first team of Power Rangers.