• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 2,439 Views, 57 Comments

What You Don't Know - Flaming Pulsar



Human in Equestria lives through full canon length of time. This includes a number of interesting things happening and Discordyness.

  • ...
16
 57
 2,439

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20--Random Filler Chapter

Author's Note:

What? A new chapter on Tuesday? What is this madness?! I had a lot of free time to write these past few days and I needed a way to ease into the Running of the Leaves chapter so I decided to do this filler/recap/whatever chapter. Plus, Pyra/Mim needed to be taught about Equestria and who else to learn from than the only person that doesn't have a strong bias in favor of the place. Also, speaking of Pyra/Mim, if you haven't noticed, I call her Pyra when she's in disguise or when talking about her to people who don't know she's a changeling. I call her Mim when she's not in disguise or when all the people in the room know she's a changeling.

So, until next time, may the stars guide you to your destiny (or whatever bullshit like that). (Let it be known that the random saying for this chapter is actually the signature for my email as well as a quote from my OC Flaming Pulsar who I have yet to write a story for. I need to add that to my list of things to do after I graduate.)

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y887yaT1YXuPpvlEjLZcpEQZfHxvo8HJSGyD3NweigU/edit?usp=sharing

Chapter 20--Random Filler Chapter

After returning to Ponyville, I started teaching Mim the ins and outs of Ponyland. Twilight and Spike were out for the day so I let her drop her disguise.

“So Mim, what do you know about Equestria?” I asked her.

“Other than its main inhabitants being ponies, I know nothing. This is my first time out of the hive,” she replied.

“Well, might as well start off with the basics. A little over 6 billion years ago, the human race grew and ended within the course of a few million or so years. With the birth of the humans, came a being known as Discord. Discord had fun with the humans causing chaos and distorting reality until he went too far and the humans were wiped out by one of his pranks. In the absence of the humans, many other animals were able to struggle their way to sentience. I assume that one of these was the alicorns--the big ponies with both wings and horns. Something happened that caused the alicorns to be nearly wiped out--I assume Discord had a role in this because the changelings and the other ponies spawned from this near-extinction. It was then decided that the power of magic in common use should be decreased and limited to only unicorns and the remaining two alicorns. Either by dumb luck or by the handiwork of Discord, the last two alicorns were a male and a female and thus were able to reproduce. They were also able to successfully reproduce with the other ponies. The alicorns usurped the rule of the ponies under the claim that they control the cosmic forces. To a small extent, they do but not enough to be considered gods. Only the alicorns that have the main rule of Equestria or a province know of the lie and they have kept it up in the fear that mutiny will occur if they reveal the truth. After generations of third-cousin marriages, the alicorns were able to survive until the current ruler Celestia was visited by Discord. He made a deal with her that eventually led to all of her relatives being trapped, transformed, or otherwise taken away to the point that she was left alone for a thousand years. That thousand years began to end a few months ago when Celestia’s sister Luna was freed from her nightmarish prison. That was also the day that I woke up from my 6-billion-whatever-year sleep and Twilight summoned me here. Long story short: I now have a manticore named Qene; from what I can tell, I’m stuck in this time; Twilight won’t let me leave the Ponyville-Everfree area without an official summons; and life is relatively boring until someone decides to do something stupid or get into danger or kidnap me.”

“I think that’s enough to go on for now.”

“Good, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.”

“I do have one question. Why are you keeping me disguised?”

“The ponies and the changelings have a bit of a rough past. I just think it’s best if you stay disguised until after the treaty or if I decide that Twilight is in a miraculously good mood and can take a little surprise, which is about as likely a chance as me finding another human. Just stick with your disguise and don’t let anyone know that you’re a changeling unless I give you the go ahead.”

“Can do, but I’ll need a reliable food source to keep up the disguise.”

“Chrysalis said you feed on lust, right?”

“Yep.”

“Well, then the best way to feed you is to just let you have sex with people.”

“Are there any limitations to who I can have sex with?”

“No one that’s married or in a relationship. Other than that, you're free to bang who you please as long as you keep up the disguise.”

“Do you know who’s in a relationship or married around here so I know to stay clear of them?”

“Well, I don’t really talk to ponies in town but for sure, Mr. and Mrs. Cake are obviously married to each other. They live and work at Sugarcube Corner. Big place, looks like a gingerbread house, can’t miss it. Other than that, I only know of Fluttershy who’s in a relationship with me. That’s all I know.” We heard the front door open and Twilight called out for us. “Disguise now!” Mim transformed into Pyra and we walked out of the study where we were.

“There you two are,” Twilight said when she saw us. “What were you doing in the study?”

“Nothing. I was just making sure Pyra knew the place well enough to get around.”

“Oh, well I bought some stuff for dinner. Have you been hunting recently? Last I checked we were still out of meat.”

“No I haven’t had much chance. I’ll probably go out tomorrow. The seasons getting better for hunting anyways. Animals tend to move around more in the fall to stay warm so they should be easier to get. Expect some more meat within a few weeks.”

“Applejack told me you were doing an experiment with her in a few weeks, right after the Running of the Leaves. Make sure you don’t get too involved in your hunting and forget about that, she wouldn’t be very happy with you.”

“I wouldn’t dream on missing out on this experiment. It is sure to be a good one.”

“Oh? And what is this experiment of yours going to be?”

“It’s a surprise. And depending on the outcome, you’ll find out soon enough.”

“Whatever.”

“Hey do you know anyone thats looking to get laid?”

“Blunt as always, I see. No I don’t. Why do you ask?”

“Because Pyra’s kind of a slut and is looking for a good time, if you know what I mean.”

“Well, I’m sure if Pyra wanted to find somepony, she could fairly easily. As long as she doesn’t mind mares, that is. There aren’t many stallions in Ponyville.”

“True enough. How long ‘til dinner, I was gonna introduce Pyra to a friend of mine.”

“What friend? I didn’t know you had made any new friends.”

“You don’t know him. He’s not very sociable and tends to stay hidden. I actually met him shortly after my meeting with Celestia but we don’t really see each other often so I thought I’d pay him a visit.”

“Alright. Well, don’t be too long. Dinner will only take about an hour to make.”

“Ok, we’ll be back then.” I led Pyra out and started walking into town.

“So, who’s this friend of yours?” she asked.

“I’m taking you to meet the Doctor.”

“Why are you taking me to a doctor, I feel just fine?”

“Not a doctor, the Doctor. That’s his name.” I led the way through town until I came to the not-so-inconspicuous blue box that was the TARDIS. I tried the door to see that it was unlocked so I just walked in. I then pulled a carrot out of my pocket and started munching on it saying “What’s up Doc?”

“Nice one, Síor. What brings you by?” he said.

“I just thought I’d stop in and say hello. Also, I’d like you to meet my new friend slash servant.”

“Friend slash servant? Interesting combination of labels. And where is this friend slash servant of yours?”

“Probably outside doing the whole ‘bigger on the inside’ thing.”

“Ah, yeah. I don’t know why everyone always does that. Especially the ponies. You’d think they’d just assume it was magic or something.”

“You’d think.”

Then Pyra came back in and said, “It’s--”

“Bigger on the inside,” I finished. “Yeah, I know. So, Doctor, how are your feelings towards changelings?”

“I love changelings! One of my best friends was a changeling once. Of course that was before he was genetically modified to be a parasprite. But that’s a long story with a sad ending and some romance and adventure. Anyways, why do you ask?”

“Because Pyra here, is actually a changeling.” Pyra turned back into Mim. “And her name is actually Mim.”

“So you’ve acquired a changeling as a friend slash servant? Why do you say she is both?”

“Well, I went to Appleoosa recently--not exactly by choice--and while there, I was taken to the changeling hive to meet the queen.”

“You met Queen Chrysalis?”

“Yeah, she’s a fun one. Anyways, long story short she gave me Mim because apparently she doesn’t want her around anymore. Also I got a list of all the changelings in Equestria and their disguise names and what they look like when disguised.”

“Now that could be very useful.”

“Exactly what I was thinking.”

“Any particular reason you decided to bring Mim to meet me?”

“Not really, I just kinda wanted to come talk to you.”

“Well, it is always nice to see a friend. I just wish I could get this bloody machine to work again so I could see some of my closer friends.” When he said that, the TARDIS let out what sounded like an angry noise. “I’m sorry, dear. I know you're more than just a machine.”

“Well, what do you still need to fix?”

“The dematerialization circuit keeps dematerializing, the protoplasm levels are low, the thermocouplings aren’t coupled, the time-warping template is warped, the vespian transmogrifier ratchet override flangestimulator is probably doing something it shouldn’t, the time cylinders have warped into cubes, and there are countless other things that I don’t feel like naming or haven’t found yet.”

“Sounds like a real problem. How’d you get in such a condition?”

“When I was arriving in this time period, the time vortex reacted as though there were some supernatural forces acting on it. The TARDIS was thrown around violently and when we finally landed, in was inoperable.”

“Why did you come to this time period anyways?”

“I was responding to a series of immense distortions in the...and the...complicated. Basically, my timey-wimey detector was going off the chart dinging nonstop every time I came near this time period. And as I’m sure you know the it goes ding when there’s stuff. So after narrowing down the exact time period, I finally found this one and so here I am. But now that I’m here, my timey-wimey detector isn’t working. It’s like that same force that didn’t want me here is now trying to hinder me from discovering why.”

“Hmm. I wish I could help but I don’t know anything about temporal anomalies. That’s clearly your expertise. And I’m also not an engineer so helping you repair the TARDIS would be pointless. Well, I came here for another reason but I forgot it now. So, we’ll be on our way.” Mim turned back into Pyra and we left the TARDIS on our way back home.

“This mysterious force sounds a lot like it could be Discord,” Pyra said.

“That’s exactly what I was thinking. I really wish I was able to get more info on him. There’s just too much stuff happening that keeps linking back to him. He’s supposed to return in less than a year and I know next to nothing about him.”

“You could always see if the Queen has any info on him.”

“True. And you probably should mention Queen Chrysalis while we’re out in public. From now on, we’ll call her Chryssy, ok?”

“It seems odd to call my ruler by a nickname but if it is what my new master wishes then it is what shall be done.”

“Also, cut with the whole master shit. Yes, I have been given the right to make you do whatever I want but if you don’t feel right doing something, then I won’t make you do it.”

“You certainly are kinder than Qu--I mean, Chryssy.”

“Eh, whatever. I’m just being me. Some people get the nice side, others get the part of me that you really shouldn’t fuck with.”

“I see. Well, I’m glad I got the nice side.”

“That’s mainly because you haven’t given me a reason to flip shit all over you.”

“I’ll try to keep it that way.”

“That would be appreciated.” We had arrived back at the library now. We walked inside and I yelled, “Twilight, is dinner ready yet?”

“You don’t need to yell, Síor,” she replied. I then noticed that she was standing right in front of me. “I was actually about to come looking for you. Yes, dinner is ready. Go wash up please.”

We both walked over to the bathroom to wash up for dinner. While in there, I asked, “So, Pyra, what does Chryssy mean when she said ‘intelligentsia, sentient, drone?’”

“Those are the ranks of the changelings,” she explained. “The ranks are determined by intelligence. In actuality, there are four ranks: intelligentsia, sentient, super-drone, and drone. Intelligentsias are the highest rank with the highest intelligence. They are typically take the role of war planning and performing other important, high-intelligence tasks. Sentients are below them, working mainly as mission-goers. Next is the super-drones. They are sentient but are unable to voice their thoughts. They typically are assigned to building management. Lastly is the drones. The lowest intelligence of changeling is barely more than an animal. They are the equivalent of a working class, building and caring for the young. Each class is capable of performing some magic beyond transforming but the higher the intelligence, the better the magic.”

“Ok, so what rank are you?”

“I am a sentient who was lucky enough to be Chryssy’s hoofmaiden.”

“Well, it’s good that you’re able to perform magic because that will be necessary with the unicron disguise.” We had finished washing up and went back out to the kitchen to eat. “What’re we havin’ Twi?”

“Stir fry.”

“Again? Can’t you make me some steak?”

“I told you before you left that we’re out of meat.”

“Oh yeah. Do me a favor and wake me up early tomorrow so I can go hunting.”

“If I wake you up, will you actually get up.”

“Yes. God, you sound just like my mother.”

“What’s God?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

We sat down and ate. After a while, Twilight noticed that Pyra wasn’t eating. “Pyra, aren’t you gonna eat?” she asked.

“Oh, uh, I’m not hungry,” Pyra said.

“Ok, well there’s plenty of food. Whenever you want to eat, feel free to make something.”

“Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.” In actuality, Pyra was practically starving but, being a changeling, she couldn’t eat normal food.

The rest of us finished eating and cleaned up before heading to our respective rooms to go to sleep because Twilight doesn’t allow us out of our rooms after dinner. Pyra slept in my room because apparently it was the only guest room. This is when Pyra told me that she was indeed hungry. “Well, do you have any species preference?” I asked her.

“No. But sentient species are easier to get lust from.”

I led her through a door in my room that led to Qene’s room. “Pyra, meet Qene. You have my permission to have the kinkiest sex possible with him. Also, he’d probably prefer you to be manticore formed so you can change your disguise for this just as long as you change back before Twilight sees you.”

“Can do.” She transformed into a female manticore and went over to Qene.

“And you’re free to do this every night as your food source. If you want other species, though, you’re on your own. And please wait until I’m out before you start.” I walked back into my room where I whittled for a bit until I had fallen asleep. I had actually gotten really good at whittling to the point that I was tempted to try selling some of my creations. My only problem was that most of my carvings were of things from my own time and no one would recognize any of them. I’m sure I could think of something though.

The next few weeks were filled with me showing Pyra/Mim the ropes of fitting in around here and some efficient hunting trips that refilled the freezer. That is until the day of the Running of the Leaves and the events that occurred right after.

PreviousChapters Next