• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 2,439 Views, 57 Comments

What You Don't Know - Flaming Pulsar



Human in Equestria lives through full canon length of time. This includes a number of interesting things happening and Discordyness.

  • ...
16
 57
 2,439

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4--Into the Everfree

Author's Note:

Or this one, apparently. (reference to previous Author's Note)

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NNroIDXTZeSO4ISwreF_lTm1IgMPNdkXldmFplQkZcs/edit?usp=sharing

Chapter 4--Into the Everfree

As I predicted, Twilight and the other girls were at the entrance to the Everfree Forest. I heard Pinkie Pie mention something about candy apples before they all went in. I quickened my pace to catch up.

"There you are Síor," Twilight said when I got there.

"Here I am," I replied. "You didn't think I'd let my six favorite ponies go into an evil forest without me, did you?"

"I was hoping not but I can never be sure about you. After all, I've only known you for a day, I haven't had time to study your habits yet." God, I hate it when she talks about me like I'm a science experiment.

"Well, one thing you should know is that I never abandon my friends." For some reason, she visibly cringed when I mentioned our friendship.

"Well, we should get going if we're going to find the Elements."

We started walking again and the seven of us continued until we reached a sharp mountain corner. It had been a while since anyone had said anything so we all jumped when Twilight started talking again. "So, none of you have been in here before?"

"Heavens no!" Rarity exclaimed. "Just look at this place, it's dreadful!"

"It's not that bad," I said. "I mean, I'm not saying I would build a summer home here but the nature really is quite lovely." They all looked at me like I was crazy. And here I thought women would understand natural beauty.

Fluttershy, however, seemed to agree to some extent. "I suppose it is interesting at least. But the creatures in here are unlike anywhere else. And they're more dangerous than anywhere else." I swear that pony needs voice therapy, I could barely hear her. I guess that makes it easy to communicate with animals, though.

"Yeah," Rainbow said, "they're so dangerous that nopony knows anything about them. You know why?"

"Rainbow, quit it," Applejack reprimanded.

"Because anypony who's ever come in has never. Come. Out!" she finished. When she yelled the last word, the cliff gave out beneath us. My quick reflexes allowed me to grab a tree root just under where the cliff had broken and pull myself up. I saw Applejack slide a bit farther before biting another tree root. Rainbow and Fluttershy being pegasi just spread their wings and caught themselves. I couldn't see what happened to Rarity but Twilight slid to the bottom of the cliff and was hanging over a sudden drop.

"Hang on, Imma comin'," Applejack said.

"Don't bother," I broke in. "Twilight, quit being a dumbass and just teleport to safety."

She looked completely dumbfounded but quickly complied after realizing her stupidity. I had Rainbow and Flutters carry me down to the bottom where everyone else was. Once there we continued walking. "Twilight," I said, "why are you so fucktarded?"

She was shocked by my bluntness but quickly got over herself and said, "I don't know, Síor. Thank you for being honest about how stupid I was being."

"Bluntness and honesty are not always good to hear but oftentimes they need to be heard."
We came around a corner to a huge creature that looked rather similar to a manticore. Huh, I wonder what other kinds of mythological creatures they have here. It growled loudly as we approached it. There was no way around so we had to confront it. It reared up on its hind legs and I noticed something. There was a thorn in one of its paws. I was reminded of an old tale of the mouse that pulled the thorn out of a lion's paw and thought to do the same.

"I got this," I said as I started walking up to it.

"Are you sure Síor?" Twilight asked. "In case you didn't know, that's a manticore. It's a very powerful and dangerous creature, how will you ever defeat it?"

"I'm not going to defeat it, I'm going to help it." That shocked all of them. I walked up to the beast. "Hey big guy," I said to it." You got a nasty thorn in your paw, don't you?"

It seemed to understand me as it turned over its paw to show me. "Oh, you poor thing!" I heard Fluttershy say. I grabbed the thorn and pulled it out. The manticore roared in pain before it picked me up and started licking me in gratitude. Let me tell you, being licked by a creature whose tongue is as big as you are is wet and disgusting. I tolerated it until it let me go. "I wish I had a way to tell you apart from other manticores," I said.

"Oh!" Fluttershy exclaimed. "I have collars in my saddle bags." She pulled out a huge collar from her bags that I didn't notice until just then. I swear she wasn't wearing those when we came in here. She gave me the collar and I put it around the creature's neck, which surprisingly it didn't seem to mind.

We continued walking but I was almost immediately interrupted when I was suddenly in the air. Before I knew what was happening, I was riding the manticore. "I think he likes you, Síor," Fluttershy said.

"So it seems," I replied. "Hey Twi, are there any rules that say I can't take a manticore as a pet?"

"It might make it harder to fit in if you're seen with a manticore all the time," she pointed out.

"True, but it would be totally fucking awesome! Besides, who says I cared about fitting in? I was a social outcast on earth, too. This is not much different." Other than them being ponies, of course.

"If you really want to keep it, I suppose you can. But you have to feed it and make sure it's house trained."

"Bitchin'!" They all gave me strange looks. "That means awesome," I explained.

"You should name him," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, I never was good with names. How about Bob?"

"You're not calling your manticore Bob," Twilight said.

"Ok, what about Manny?"

"Not very original."

"Rex?"

"That's a dog's name."

"Draco?"

"That's a dragon's name."

"Ugh, Qadir, Qenehelo, Qimat, Quahhar, Quain, Quay, Quin, Quiqui, Quirino."

"All of those are actually pretty good names."

"Now I have to choose. I think I'll go with Qenehelo, it means sympathy."

"A fitting name, I think, if a little long."

"I'll shorten it to Qene, then."

After I finally chose a name for my manticore, we continued into the forest. After a few minutes the canopy above us grew thicker and blocked out the moonlight, eliminating our ability to see well. We were walking along roughly when Fluttershy let out an adorable shriek. “What’s wrong, Flutters?” I asked. She just cowered into a ball and shakily pointed at the thing. “It’s just a tree with a freaky face, what’s so scary about that? Weird, it kind of reminds me of the Disney adaptation of Snow White. No matter. Just ignore them, they can’t hurt you.”

“B-b-but, it’s so...scary!”

“That may be so. Tell you what, the best way to get over your fears is to just go up and laugh at them. That’s how I got over my fear of heights; I hang glided and it was fun. Besides, if anything, these faces are actually kind of funny.” I chuckled at one and it poofed back to a normal tree. “See?”

She nervously walked up to another tree and weakly giggled at it. It immediately turned back to normal. Then the rest of the group started laughing at their stupidity and fear and all the trees turned back to normal and we continued walking.

We came to a rapid and dangerous-looking river. In the river, we saw a giant water serpent who was sobbing hysterically.

"Excuse me, sir," Twilight said. "Why are you crying?"

"Oh I don't know," he responded. He was obnoxiously flamboyant. "Here I am, minding my own business when this tacky little cloud of purple smoke just swifts past me and tore half of my beloved mustache clean off!"

"That's what all the fuss is about?" Dash and I said at the same time.

"But of course it is!" Rarity reprimanded. "How could you be so inconsiderate? Just look at him. Such a beautifully quaffed main."

"I know," the serpent said.

"Such luminescent scales."

"I know," he gushed.

"Such perfectly maintained manicures."

"It's so true!" he flamboyantly said.

"All ruined without your beautiful mustache!"

"It's true, I'm hideous!" he sobbed.

"Hey, I got an idea," I said. "Anyone got anything sharp?" The serpent pulled off one of his scales and handed it to me. "Qene, up." The manticore started flying and I directed it to the serpents head. Armed with the sharp scale, I smoothed out his shave so the other half of the mustache was gone as well. "There, now it won't grow unevenly."

He pulled a giant mirror out of the water to look at himself. "It's certainly not perfect but it is much better. I suppose it will grow back in time. Thank you, mister..."

"Síor's the name."

"Síor, is there any way I can ever repay you?"

"Well, I can clearly see that you're obviously gay. Perhaps you could satisfy my bi-curiosity."

"Well, you certainly are a handsome ape. I suppose I could take you on a nice date."

"Actually, I was thinking of trying gay-sex, if you wouldn't mind."

"I'm afraid you're much to small for me, otherwise I would take you up on the offer."

"I'm sure Twilight can find a size-changing spell to fix that when we decide to do it."

"Splendid! I'm Steven Magnet, by the by. Thank you Síor for your generosity."

"Any time." That done, he made a bridge with his body and we were able to cross.

After a few more minutes, we came up to a ravine. Twilight almost fell over but we notice that there was a bridge that had fallen. “I got this,” I said. “Qene, up.” We flew into the air and down into the ravine to grab the bridge. Landing on the other side, I got of him and tied the rope to the posts. After I tied the first rope, a figure appeared.
It was a unicorn and as soon as I saw it, it addressed me in an evil voice. “Hello, Síor. I understand you were ripped from your world. Taken from your friends and family.”

“My friends and family died before I arrived in this world, along with the rest of humanity, it seems.”

“But I could send you to an alternate dimension where humanity lives.”

“Really? I would love to do that but I need to secure this rope.”

“No! It’s ponies or humans, you can only choose one.”

“If that’s the case, I choose the ponies. For all I know, I could be rejected in this other dimension. Besides, they’ve become decent friends in the day that I’ve known them, the least I could do is help them save their land from eternal night.”

“This might very well be your last chance to see another human again.”

“I know, and I’m fine with that. When you have friends, sometimes you have to make sacrifices.”

“Very well.” The figure disappeared in the mist.

There was something familiar about him, like I’ve seen him before. But how can that be? The rope secure, Qene and I rejoined the ponies.

“Thanks, Síor,” Twilight said.

“Hey, when it comes to friendship, sacrifices must be made, even if those sacrifices mean giving up what may be my one chance to see another human again. Say, did you see that unicorn that was talking to me?”

“Yes, we did see the unicorn, why?”

“He seemed familiar to me.”

“Well, that couldn’t be. You’ve only been here for a day, how can you already know somepony? Especially somepony that I haven’t seen before; you’ve been stuck to me since I summoned you.”

“Yeah, I was wondering how long that would last.”

“Until I decide you’re safe. But that’s not important now. We’re here.”

We had come to an old castle that looked like it could collapse at any moment. Upon entering, we saw a pedestal with five small stones and one large one on it. Each of the five smaller stones were brought to the floor.

“There’s only five,” Pinkie pointed out.

“The book said: when the five are present, a spark will cause the sixth Element to be revealed.” Twilight and I said together. “Stand back,” Twilight continued. “I have an idea but I don’t know if it’ll work.”

“C’mon y’all, she needs to concentrate,” Applejack said. We left but I snuck around the corner to a window and watched what Twilight did. I may not have understood magic but that’s why it intrigued me so. She kneeled down to the five stones and lit up her horn to try to ignite the spark.

Suddenly, that Night Mare moon bitch appeared screwing up Twilight’s concentration. “Your efforts are fruitless,” she said. This spooked Twilight away from the stones but a weak stream of magic connected them to each other and Night Mare was standing in the epicenter of the stone arrangement. She noticed this and started to freak out. “No, no! It can’t be!” Then the magic faded. She laughed evilly before smashing them to bits. Then, Twilight stupidly charged her with her horn lit. Night Mare saw this and began Charging Twilight, also with her horn lit. When they collided, the resulted magic appeared to teleport them to a nearby tower. I went to tell the girls and we went to the tower. We heard them talking some more and each yelled out a sign that we were coming to help her.

We heard Twilight say, “The spirits of the Elements are right here!” before we entered. “The Element of Honesty, represented by Síor who revealed to me my stupidity when I was in danger. The Element of Kindness, represented also by Síor who tamed a manticore--who has now adopted him as his master--by removing a painful thorn in its paw. The Element of Laughter, represented by...Síor who showed us how to laugh in the face of our fears. The Element of Generosity, also Síor who offered his body to a homosexual serpent. The Element of Loyalty, Síor as well who gave up his one chance to see humans again in order to help his friend.” As she listed all that, the shards of the stones surrounded me and I was slightly frightened by five rings of sharp stone surrounding me.

That’s when I interrupted her. “Woah, woah, woah. I ain’t represen’n’ nothin’,” I said, slipping into my old dialect. “Why don’t I tell you who represents each of the Elements? You see, Twilight, when you were in your room moping, I was enjoying the party and I got to know these five a little better. Applejack, who would never lie to her friends even to spare their feelings, represents the Element of Honesty.” The respective shards started surrounding Applejack instead. “Fluttershy, who cares for the woodland creatures no matter how dangerous they are, represents the Element of Kindness.” Again, some of the shards left me to go to the respective pony. “Pinkie Pie, who spends everyday trying to spread happiness, represents the Element of Laughter.” Pinkie got some of the shards. “Rarity, who willingly gives her service and assistance to anyone in need, represents the Element of Generosity.” More shards went to Rarity. “And Rainbow Dash, who wouldn’t give up her friendships even for a chance to join the Wonderbolts, represents the Element of Loyalty.” The last of the shards went to Rainbow.

“But you still don’t have the sixth Element,” Night Mare said. “The spark didn’t work.”

“But it did,” Twilight said. “A different kind of spark. I felt it when I heard all of you coming, when I realized how happy I was to see you all. A spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all are my friends!” When she said that, a weird crown thing appeared and landed on her head. “You see, Nightmare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the... the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element: the element of... magic!” Then the Elements activated in a rainbow of magic and Night Mare Moon received the full blast of it, turning her into a regular pony.
After that powerful blast of magic occurred, everyone was on the ground, myself included. “Y’all good?” I asked, once again slipping into my native dialect.

They all gave confirmations of their status. Then AJ said, “Y’know, I reckon you were right, Síor. ‘Bout us represen’n’ the spirits o’ the Elements an’ all.”

“Indeed he was,” a majestic sounding voice said. The sun raised and a white unicorn-pegasus with a sun on her ass appeared. Thanks to everyone else in the room saying her name, I found out that this was Princess Celestia. “Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student. I knew you could do it.”

“But,” Twilight said, “you told me it was just an old pony’s tale.”

“I told you to make some friends, nothing more. I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her, but you could not unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart. Now if only another will as well. Princess Luna! It has been 1000 years since I have seen you like this. It is time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister.”

The rest of the group said, “Sister?” in a confused manner.

I took that as a reason to speak up. “Well, yeah, what did you expect. Twilight, you read the myth. The two sisters that ruled, the younger one becoming Night Mare Moon. Surely a smart pony like yourself would’ve put two and two together. Celestia and Luna were the sisters of the legend.”

“Síor,” Rarity whispered, “you really should call them by their titles.”

“I don’t give a fuck about titles,” I said. “To me, titles that someone is born with are meaningless, nothing more than a way to ingrain respect into the populace. In my opinion, someone should have to work to earn respect, not be born with it.”

“You must be the human Twilight had told me about,” Celestia said.

“Yep, that’s me,” I confirmed. “Name’s Síor.”

“Well, Síor, when this is all cleaned up, I would like to have a word with you. Now then, Luna, will you accept my offer and rule with me?”

“I’m so sorry! I’ve missed you so much big sister!” Luna said before hugging her sister.

“Hey! You know what this calls for?” Pinkie asked.

“What does this call for, Pinkie?” I asked her.

“You have to wait until I get it set up and then I’ll yell what it is when it starts.”

“Um, ok…” Pinkie.

We left the building to go back to Ponyville. Pinkie busied herself doing something, supposedly setting up whatever it was that this calls for. After a few hours of that she screamed, “A party!!!”

“You realize you just took about four hours to answer a question,” I said.

“Really? It felt like it only took a second.”

“Whatever, where’d Rarity go, I need to talk to ‘er. Fucking dialect!”

“What’s wrong with the way ya speak?” AJ asked.

“Where I’m from, talking like that has negative stereotypes,” I explained. “The dialect is typically associated with people who aren’t intelligent. With my job, being a scientist, you don’t want anyone thinking you’re not smart, so I made sure I lost the dialect but it still slips through every now and again.”

“Huh. Yer kind don’t sound too nice if they judge ya just by how ya speak,” she said.

“Eh, c’est la vie.”

“What does that mean, Sísí?” Pinkie asked.

“First of all, don’t call me that. To answer your question, it means ‘such is life.’ Now, where’s Rarity?”

“I think she was talking to the Princess,” Pinkie said.

“Which one?”

“Oh, Princess Celestia. I forgot there are two of them now. Silly me!”

“Cool, I can kill two birds with one stone.”

“But why’d you ever wanna kill two cute little birdies?”

“It’s an expression. It means doing two things in one action.”

“Oh, well why didn’t you just say so?”

“I thought I did. Whatever, you go enjoy the party, I need to talk to Rarity and then Celestia.”

“Bye-bye Sísí.”

I ignored her ignorence--a word I made up (though no one has recognized it as a real word yet) that means the act of ignoring--of my request to not be called that and continued on to find the two ponies I needed to talk to. I found them at a picnic table eating some cupcakes. “Hey, Rarity, Celestia, can I talk to you two?”

“But of course, Síor,” Rarity said.

“Anything for my favorite human,” Celestia added.

“Celestia,” I said, “I’m the only human you know, and the only human alive, for that matter.”

“All the more reason to be my favorite.”

“Whatever. Rarity, when do you think you can get my clothes done, I don’t much like walking around in just a cloak and I’m not much for sleeping nude.”

“Now, Síor. These things take time. I’ve never made clothing for a human before. If you truly are in that much of a hurry, I can get you the first outfit in as soon as two days.”

“Fuck. Fine, if that’s really the best you can do, I suppose I can wait. Now, Celestia, I believe you wanted to talk to me.”

“Yes, but that can wait until tomorrow. For now, let us enjoy the party.”

“Whatever, where do you wanna meet then?”

“I would like you to meet me in my sitting room in Canterlot.”

“Yeah, I have no clue where Canterlot is, let alone your sitting room.”

“Very well, I will teleport you there when the time comes. However, in order to do that, I need to get your teleportation trace.”

“The fuck does that mean?” I asked before I was suddenly teleported a yard away. I stepped back and she answered my question.

“To answer your question, I can only teleport things that I can’t see if I have teleported them before. The same goes for all unicorns and alicorns.” I’m assuming an alicorn is what I’ve been calling a unicorn-pegasus. “Now that I have teleported you, I will be able to do so from almost anywhere in the world. Likewise, I will now be able to teleport to you from almost anywhere.”

“Huh, cool. Well, if that’s all you needed, I shall see you tomorrow.”

“Indeed. So long for now, Síor.”

PreviousChapters Next