• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 2,439 Views, 57 Comments

What You Don't Know - Flaming Pulsar



Human in Equestria lives through full canon length of time. This includes a number of interesting things happening and Discordyness.

  • ...
16
 57
 2,439

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3--Preparations For the Summer Sun Celebration

Author's Note:

I didn't have an Author's note on this one already? Weird.

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cbzZi2Gj9OpF1O_vD1GFL_aJSOLTZLDLnN65VK_Hv1Y/edit?usp=sharing

Chapter 3--Preparations For the Summer Sun Celebration

Apparently, since I was not to be trusted alone--and because Twilight didn't know that Spike had already done and was about to do just that before she slammed the door in his face--I was dragged along to do some meaningless task for some celebration worshiping some bitch that was obviously lying about being able to control the sun. Anyways, we got a chariot pulled by pegasi--because they have pegasi here, too--and left to Ponyville. When we landed, some crazy pink pony walked up and gasped at us. I wasn't sure if she was gasping at Twilight or me but I didn't really care.

After that interesting encounter, we set off to check on the preparations. Apparently, a farm was in charge of the food so that’s where we went first. I quickly discovered that it was less of a farm and more of an apple orchard which brought me to assume that the majority of the food would contain apples. I wonder how many of those 800 plus apple recipes will be included. My suspicions were confirmed when the main pony in charge of the food, named Applejack, named off her family members that had each prepared a different dish for their namesake. They were also all named after apple dishes or breeds.

“Allow me to introduce you to the Apple family. This here is Apple Fritter. Apple Bumpkin. Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Cinnamon Crisp,” she had to take a large breath after that quick listing. “Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith.”

At that point, I came out of my hiding spot behind a tree where Twilight had placed me since I was too different for the ponies to see me yet. “Hey everyone. I’m Síor.” They all gasped simultaneously when they saw me.

“Síor, I told you to stay behind the tree!” Twilight reprimanded me.

“Yeah, whatever. Hey, Applejack, right? Yeah, that’s your name so do you have any applejack?”

It seemed that I had caught her off guard because she stumbled over her words a bit. “I, er, um, no. I've never heard o’ nothing called applejack, other than me.” Gotta love that southern drawl.

“Darn. Well, I suppose I could make my own. Although, I’m not sure I want to bring alcohol to this world.”

"Síor,” Twilight said, “what is alcohol?”

“It’s a human thing. It impairs judgement and motor skills, lowers inhibitions, and causes a lack of focus. At least for a human that’s what happens. I have no idea if it works on ponies.”

“We have something similar. Salt is a common recreational drug that causes many of those symptoms as well. I would be interested to test some of this alcohol.”

“No. I don’t even think I will make any and even if I do, I am certainly not testing it on a unicorn. No telling what might happen. Combining powerful magic with impaired judgement just sounds dangerous. So, no. You will not be the test subject if I ever end up making any.”

“Hmph, fine. But you will eventually have to test in on a unicorn to have conclusive results.”

“And when that time comes, I’ll be sure to be far away from any possibility of collateral.”

“Whatever. Come, we have much more preparations to check on.”

“Aren't ya gonna stay fer brunch?” I looked around to find the owner of this adorable voice and saw a very small pony which I could only assume was younger than most of the others. She had a very sad face and was looking intently at Twilight.

“Sorry, but I really have to go.”

A chorus of disappointed sounds rang out until Twilight spoke again, “Fine.” Then they all cheered before proceeding to eat the numerous food items that had been precariously stacked on the picnic table.

After brunch, a happily full Spike, an over-full Twilight, and myself started walking back into town.

“I ate too much pie,” Twilight moaned.

“I think it was too much after the first slice,” I commented. “I don’t know how you were able to shovel down three full pies. Even being a pony such as yourself that seems like too much.”

“It was too much.”

Suddenly a flash of rainbow fur flew into us and we crashed into a mud puddle. Unfortunately for me, this sudden crash made Twilight barf her brunch all over me. It was not pleasant to say the least. But on the bright side, I discovered that ponies can vomit. Though, I’m not sure that’s much of a bright side.

“Oops, my bad,” a somewhat masculine but still female voice said. I guess the best description would be tomboyish. “Here let me help you.” Before I knew what was happening, it was suddenly pouring on just the three of us. At least I didn't have vomit all over me anymore, but my clothes still smelt like it. “Oops, I guess I overdid it. Here. My very own patented Rain-blow Dry.” As she said that, a tornado appeared around us, drying us but also pulling up all the mud and vomit and drying it onto us. So now we were dry but also covered in dirt and dry vomit.

“You must be Rainbow Dash,” Twilight said to the newcomer, whom I realized was a blue pegasus with rainbow hair and magenta eyes, not even paying mind to the mess she was in and the rancid smell that she caused.

“The one and only,” the mare replied. “Why? You heard of me?”

“I heard that you were supposed to be keeping the sky clear. My name is Twilight Sparkle and it is my duty to ensure that everything is ready for the celebration tomorrow.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll get that done in a sec. Just as soon as I’m done practicing.”

“Practicing? For what?”

“The Wonderbolts! They're performing at the Summer Sun Celebration and I’m gonna show ‘em my stuff.”

The Wonderbolts? The fastest fliers in all of Equestria?”

“Yep, that’s them.”

“Please. The Wonderbolts would never accept a pegasus who can’t even keep the sky clear for one measly day.”

“I could clear this sky in 10 seconds flat.”

“Oh yeah? Síor, you have a watch, correct?”

“Um, yes. But do you think we could get cleaned up, this smell is starting to get to me?”

“In a moment, I would like you to time Miss Dash as she clears the sky. Let’s see if she can really clear it as fast as she says. Consider it a training exercise.”

“Training exercise, huh?” Rainbow Dash said. “Alright I’m game. Wanna make it a bet? If I clear the sky in exactly 10 seconds flat, then I get one free favor from you; and if I don’t, then you can make me do whatever you want.”

“That sounds fair. Whenever you’re ready.”

She took off and I started timing. My timing wasn't perfectly accurate because I had an analogue watch instead of digital because I appreciated the antiquity of it. Nonetheless, by the time Rainbow Dash was done, exactly ten seconds had passed by my count. I also learned that apparently pegasi control the clouds, and, consequently, the weather.

“What’d I tell ya, ten. Seconds. Flat,” Dash said. “You should see the looks on your faces, priceless! Well, at least you two,” she said pointing to Twi and Spike. “I don’t know how to read your face though,” she added, pointing to me. “I’m not even sure what you are.”

“I’m a human, though that probably has no relevance to you. Basically, I woke up after being frozen for eons and then Twilight ‘summoned’ me and can’t put me back. Name's Síor.”

“Frozen, eh? So, you're from the past?”

“Well, I was from the past. But for all I know now, I could be from a different dimension. And if that’s the case, Twilight, how am I breathing or not crushed by the gravity?”

“Well, when I released you from your bindings, I also put a spell on you that would make you able to survive in the current environment,” she said.

“Hmm. Yeah, still not so sure about the whole magic thing. Where I’m from, magic is typically considered bad. Of course there is good magic like in Harry Potter but there will always be someone who misuses it and becomes evil.”

“You have magic in your world?”

“Only in fiction and illusions. No real magic.”

Dash piped up at this point, “Well, magic isn't all that great anyways. I’d much rather have wings than magic any day.”

“Rainbow,” Twilight said in what I had already come to recognize as her explaining voice, “pegasi use magic too. Your wings are not nearly powerful enough to lift you. Pegasus wings all have innate magic, meaning you can’t control it. Unicorn magic is controllable, that’s why it’s more recognized as magic. Even earth ponies have magic in their strength and in their relationships with nature.”

“Whatever. I gotta dash. Don’t forget you owe me a favor. But since I’m a fair pony, I’ll do something for you when you need it.”

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash. We must be off now.” We started walking and Dash flew off at an incredible speed. “Spike, what’s next on the list?”

“I say we should get a shower next. We still smell like the insides of your stomach, Twi.”

They both ignored me and Spike said, “Decorations.” We then entered a gaudy looking building and Spike tone changed from business to love struck when he said, “Beautiful.”

“Yes, the decor is coming along nicely. We should be back at the library in no time. Beautiful indeed.”

“Not the decor, her.” He pointed to another unicorn who was putting up the decorations. She was white with purple hair. Not the best color combination if you ask me but I'm not exactly a fashion expert. And even if I were, I know nothing about pony fashion.

I decided I should try to talk again so I said to Spike, “You realize she won’t fall for you if you still smell like fucking vomit. Seriously, am I the only one who can smell it?”

“Certainly not sir,” the mare said. “I can smell you three from all the way over here. Might I ask what you are though?”

“I’m a human and I need a shower and some new clothes because these ones wreak. I’ll need multiple outfits if I’m gonna live here anyways.”

“I haven’t the slightest clue what a human is but I can provide you with a shower and I can make you some new clothes. Strip down and I will get your measurements.”

“I’m a little subconscious about stripping in front of people--even if those people are ponies and a dragon.”

“You may use the changing room then. It’s over there.”

I went to the changing room while Twilight and the other mare--I still need to get her name--talked about the decor or something. I took off my clothes and not knowing what to do next simply called out, "I'm ready for you."

The mare came in carrying a sewing tape measure in her magic. When she saw me she gave me a disappointed look.

"What?" I asked. "I'm a scientist, not an athlete. It's not nice to judge people's appearances, you know."

"Oh, it's not your appearance, darling, it's that," she said, pointing at my underwear.

"My underwear? What's wrong with them?"

"You need to take them off so I can get your full measurements."

"I don't even know your name and you're already trying to get me naked," I said, jokingly. At her disapproving look I added, "I'm kidding," and took them off. When they were off, I thought I saw her blushing slightly but I can't tell with these ponies.

"My name is Rarity, by the way," she said as she took my measurements.

These names, I swear... "I'm Síor," I said.

"Well, Mr. Síor," she said after taking my measurements, "are there any specifications you would like to mention before I get started.

"First of all, drop the mister, I despise formalities. As for my clothes, I need a few pairs of underwear, preferably cotton and with an elastic band for the waist. I would like about five pairs of pants. If you can make denim, that would be great but otherwise cotton will do. Make sure there's deep pockets on all the pants. I'll need about five t-shirts, preferably cotton. If the pants are denim, I don't care what color the shirts are because any color goes with blue jeans. If you can't make the pants denim then make the shirts whatever color, preferably red, blue, purple, or black, though. I would prefer a left chest pocket on all the shirts because I find that very convenient for quick access. I don't usually change my jacket so I won't need many of those, maybe two or three, again cotton if you could. I would also like the jackets to have full length zippers and hoods as well as fairly large pockets. I'm also gonna need some socks, preferably cotton with an elastic band for the legs. I would like them to be fairly long, I like long socks. I'll probably need about five pairs of socks. I would prefer them to be either white or black. I'm also gonna need a couple pairs of shoes. Preferably rubber soles and I think it's canvas for the top part. I would prefer them in black or grey. Although, since it's summer, I should probably get some sandals. I can draw you a design for those if you can get me some paper." As I listed all the specifications, I held up the item I was talking about and made sure to point out each part I was talking about. She got me some paper and a quill and ink. I've always wanted to use a quill.

While I drew the design she was talking to me about some of the stuff I said. "Well, this should all be fairly easy. I'll need your hoof measurements for your stockings and shoes."

"They're called feet. Go ahead and measure them while I finish this." I should mention that since my clothes were still dirty, I was completely naked during this entire conversation. It was awkward to say the least. Let me tell you, getting my feet measured is annoying as fuck because I'm super ticklish on my feet. It took a few tries to get it right. When she was done, I showed her the design for the sandals.

"This looks simple enough," she said. "I don't know what velcro is but I assume I can substitute buckles."

"Yeah, that'll work I guess. Can I go take a shower now?"

"You'll have to wait until Twilight is done."

I sighed and sat down, knowing how long girls take in the shower. "So, how long will it be until my clothes are done?"

"I would start on them right away but I still need to finish the decorations for the Celebration. But once I'm done with the decor, I will begin work on your clothes. It shouldn't take longer than a week. It will be quite a test of my skills making clothes for a...whatever you are."

"I'm a human. So, what, I'm supposed to walk around naked for a week."

"If you are truly adamant about covering yourself, I can make you a cloak. That shouldn't take but a few minutes so I suppose I could make it for you now. Why does it matter for you to be clothed anyways?" she asked, getting started on my cloak.

"It's a human thing. We've always worn clothes since we lost our fur through evolution. Clothing has become a way to keep warm and also to add style. Personally, I don't care much for style so I just use it to keep warm and to cover my body."

"And why is covering your body so important?"

"Well, after millenia of wearing clothes, the natural body of others became a secret of sorts. To a human, showing your body shows that you trust the other person in an intimate way."

"Now, when you say intimate..."

"I mean sexual, yes."

"I see. So that is why you were so reluctant to remove your clothes."

"Yep."

"That should do it," she said holding up a rather simple black cloak. "It's certainly not my best work but it will work for temporary use. Go ahead, try it on."

I grabbed the cloak and wrapped it around myself. "Do you think you cold make arm holes? If I'm gonna be wearing this all week, I'll need to be able to use my arms."

"Is that what you call those? Since you asked, I suppose I could cut some holes for you." She flew some scissors over to where I had the cloak around me and cut holes at the shoulders. "How is that?"

"Much better," I said putting my arms through the holes. I noticed that it also had strings so I could tie it closed. I did so and gave a stance so Rarity could admire her own work.

"Rarity, you are a genius!" she said to herself.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go see if Twilight's done in the shower yet. Where's it at?"

"Just head up the stairs over there, it's the first door on the left."

"Thanks Rarity." I headed up the stairs to the bathroom.

The door was closed but I didn't hear any water running so I assumed no one was in there. I checked the door and it wasn't locked so I went in. I quickly exited after seeing what I wish I could unsee. Twilight was indeed in there and I don't want to describe what I saw. She came out ten minutes later and was clearly avoiding looking at me. "You can clean yourself now," she quickly said. This time I knew I could see a blush on her face.

I went into the bathroom and took off my cloak, which was really more of a robe since it now had arm holes. I ran the water to make sure the shower floor was clean before cleaning myself. When I was done, I let Spike know so he could shower before I went to find Twilight because despite not wanting to, I needed to talk to her. She was waiting downstairs because where else would she go?

"I don't want to talk about it," she told me before I could even say anything.

"But you need to. If you're gonna fuck yourself, the least you could do is lock the door."

She was shocked by my bluntness. "Síor, do you know what it means when a mare is in heat?"

"It means your super horny for a few days each month. Your in heat, aren't you?"

She nodded, looking away.

"Hey, it's nothing to be embarrassed about, it's just a part of life. If you need to relieve yourself, that's fine just don't do it in a public setting where anyone could see you." She mumbled something I couldn't here. "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak up."

She took a deep breath and quickly said, "Would you help me relieve my heat?"

"No. I'm sorry but unless you can turn yourself into a human, I ain't fucking you."

At that point, Spike came down. "Um, am I interrupting something?" he asked.

"Nope," I said. "Twilight's in heat and she wants me to fuck her, that's all." That got them both to blush. "Come on, I assume we have more preparations to check on?" I started walking out and they followed.

"Um, right," Twilight confirmed. "Spike what's next."

"Uh, music, it's the last one."

We were walking into a park and I started to hear some birds singing in sync. Well mostly, I noticed there was one that was off-rhythm. "Alright, if that's our music then that's awesome, we should be quiet so as to not scare them off," I whispered.

"Hello!" Twilight yelled, a few feet ahead of Spike and me. I walked up to her and slapped her. "Sorry." As I predicted, the birds were scared away. I saw a yellow pegasus with pink hair gently fluttering next to the tree where the birds were. Twilight noticed the mare as well and began talking to her. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten your birds."

"Then why'd you yell?" I asked.

She at least had the audacity to look ashamed. When the mare saw me, she flew right up in my face. "Oh, my goodness. I've never seen anything like you before," she said.

"I'd imagine not, seeing as I'm the only human in the world. Name's Síor."

"Hi Síor, I'm Fluttershy. Wow! I always love finding new creatures. And you can talk, too! What do humans talk about?"

I could tell she was a very naive girl so I didn't want to corrupt her mind with anything that I usually talk about. I quickly thought of something to say. "Well, I could tell you about some things from my world. Do you want to know about sci-fi?"

"Sure."

I began explaining the wonderful genre that is science fiction as we walked to the place we were staying while in Ponyville. Twilight seemed rather interested as well, especially when I got into space travel and time travel. When we got to our temporary home--it was a library inside a tree, go figure--I noticed that all the lights were turned off and I could hear some loud whispers coming from inside, obvious signs of a surprise party. Why it was in a library, I didn't know, but it gave me an idea. "Hey, Twilight?" I said.

"Yes, Síor?"

"Are there any roof entrances to this place?"

"There's a balcony up there." She pointed it out. "Why?"

"Because I want to climb the tree. Don't go in until I tell you."

"Ok?"

I climbed the tree to the balcony and opened the door which was luckily unlocked. I quietly stepped inside and looked around for whoever was whispering loudly figuring that would be the one who set it up. I quickly spotted her: the same pink mare that gasped at us when we came into town. I scanned the rest of the room so I could hatch out my plan. I saw that the balcony linked to an upper floor where I could jump off. I went over to it and jumped down to the first floor landing on the pink mare. "Surprise," I said.

Of course when someone come out of nowhere and lands on your back, you're gonna freak out. And she did. She started bucking and screaming like crazy. I knew this wouldn't end well so I quickly jumped off at the safest point I could find. I still landed on my face but at least I was expecting it. When the mare calmed down, she said in a disappointed voice, "Aww, you ruined the surprise."

"Yep," I said. Louder I called, "Twilight, you can come in now."

"How'd you do that anyways?" the mare asked.

I explained the process while Twilight came into the un-surprise party. When the mare saw her, she went over and started rambling so fast that I couldn't attempt to understand it. At the end she just said, "And now you have lots and lots of friends!"

I walked over to them just in time to see Twilight run off after drinking pure hot sauce, mistaking is for sassparilla. "Doesn't she read labels?" I mused.

"Hot sauce." Spike read. Then, the mare poured some on a cupcake that was on the table and ate it. The six of us--being the other four mares Twilight met, Spike, and I--all looked at her like she was crazy, which I later found out she was.

"What, it's good," she said.

"Whatever," I said. Then, she came over to me and began rambling again. Before she could get very far, I reached out and clamped her mouth shut. "If you're gonna talk to me, you need to slow the fuck down." She nodded and I remove my hand from her muzzle.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie and I threw this party just for you three. You see I saw you coming into town and I was like," she gasped like she did before. "You see I've never met you before and if I never met you before then you must be new to town because I know everypony, and I mean everypony, in Ponyville, and if you're new to town it means you haven't met anypony yet, and if you haven't met anyone yet, you must not have any friends, and if you don't have any friends then you must be lonely, and that made me so sad, and I had an idea, and that's why I went," she gasped again. "'I'll just throw a great big ginormous super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everypony in Ponyville." See? And now you have lots and lots of friends!"

"Fun. I'm not much for socializing so if you want me to make friends, you'll have to introduce me to someone with common interests. I'm fine with the five of you and Spike and Twilight as friends, I don't need many."

"Oh, that's silly. I could never have too many friends. But if you only want a few, then I'll respect your comfort zone."

"Thanks, Pinkie. I suppose this is also a Summer Sun Celebration party as well? From what Twilight told me, everyone has to stay up all night to watch Celestia raise the sun." Or rather to watch her jump into the air as the sun raised.

At this point, Rarity jumped in, "Síor, you should really call the Princess by her title. She is a Princess, after all."

"Yeah, I don't really care much for formalities, as I told you earlier. Titles mean nothing to me, it's just a way to force respect out of people. The way I see it, if you want respect, you gotta earn it."

She hmphed and I continued talking to the group. It was nice. Around 3 am, Spike went up to the second floor to try again to get Twilight to join the party when he returned without her, I assumed he failed again. It was a good party despite the lack of booze.

Around 5:15 we all went to the center of town where the celebration was set up. Twilight came with us because she thought it was at least important to make an appearance at the main Celebration. The Mayor gave an announcement and rarity pulled the ropes for the curtain only to reveal that Celestia wasn't there. Everyone started freaking out and then some weird blue mist appeared with a pitch black horse with both wings and a horn. She had dark blue hair that seemed to flow in its own wind. She was also wearing a helmet and a chest plate. She looked over the crowd and began speaking, "Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces."

This must be the villain that Twilight thought would come. "What did you do with the Princess?" Rainbow asked.

"Why, am I not royal enough for you? Do you know who I am? Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

"I did," Twilight said. "And I know who you are. You're Night Mare Moon."

"Well, well, well. Somepony who remembers me. And I suppose you know why I'm here."

"You're here to bring about nighttime eternal," I said, since Twilight couldn't due to her fear.

"You are correct. And what, might I ask are you?"

"I'm a human. My name is Síor."

"Human? I recall a conversation with Celestia about humans. But no matter, you and all these ponies will be trapped in my eternal night."

"Yeah that's not gonna happen because Twilight and her new friends just went back to the library to get more info on the one thing that can beat you: the Elements of Harmony or, as you probably know them, The Stones of Power."

"The Stones of Power? How do you know about the Stones?"

"Well, when twilight summoned me, she made me stay in the library in Canterlot for a few hours while she went out and I found a book with some info about the Elements in it. And if what it said is consistent in whatever book is in Twilight's library, then they'll be headed into the Everfree Forest in about five minutes. Twilight's probably gonna want my help so I'll be going now."

"The effort is futile." I chuckled at the word 'futile' because it reminded me of Star Trek. "The Stones are well hidden and this Twilight does not even know how to activate them."

"She's a smart girl, she'll figure it out." I left at that point but not before seeing her turn into blue mist and float off.

PreviousChapters Next