• Published 10th Nov 2013
  • 2,439 Views, 57 Comments

What You Don't Know - Flaming Pulsar



Human in Equestria lives through full canon length of time. This includes a number of interesting things happening and Discordyness.

  • ...
16
 57
 2,439

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35--An Odd Turn of Events

Author's Note:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12m24S2rpPrRHJKPcB1Mg0mXJzm315BehZj2J4oiJO6s/edit?usp=sharing

I apologize if this chapter seems a little fast and/or expositiony but There were a few things that needed to happen in the few months that this chapter covers that weren't really big enough to write in their own chapters. That and I'm trying to get to the good parts (they're coming, I promise). So bear with me as we speed through some minor but noteworthy events. Ready, GO!

Chapter 35--An Odd Turn of Events

Suffice it to say, Celestia wasn’t too happy with my last-minute changes to the script. However, I was able to get back on her good side by agreeing with a rather unusual arrangement. But first, a summation of events since then. Since Hearth’s Warming Eve is essentially the pony equivalent of Christmas, there wasn’t really much need to celebrate Christmas. I decided that depending on how things go, I might teach them about Christmas next year but a lot can happen between now and then.

A week later, I celebrated the new year with the Doctor because nobody else recognized it as the new year (and even he kept going on about how time was relative about which I probably would have gone into a deep conversation with him if I hadn’t been drunk. After that, life continued as normal for about two months.

Then came Valentine’s Day, or, as the ponies call it, Hearts and Hooves Day. I had a date planned with Fluttershy because we were still technically in a relationship, at least by name, though I had planned to end it with this date. Luckily for me, this was right in line with part one of Celestia’s plan for me.

I took Fluttershy to a nice restaurant in Canterlot named Pino’s where they had some pretty good Italian food. I got her some flowers for the occasion (Mareuvian Lilies, her favorite). We ordered our food (vegetarian lasagna for myself and fettuccine alfredo for her). We talked about whatever. We went to a play (a ponified rendition of Hamlet). And afterward I took her home via flying having learned to do so from her and Rainbow Dash recently.

We stood on her doorstep somewhat awkwardly for a few minutes before she finally broke the silence. “I had fun tonight,” she said. “But you seemed a little distracted.”

“Well, that’s because I was thinking of the best way to do this,” I replied. “There’s really no easy way to go about this so I’m just gonna spare us the time by saying I think we should break up.”

“I see. I had a feeling this would come sooner or later, seeing as we haven’t done much romantically.”

“It’s not that I don’t like you, I’ve even grown to love you just not in a romantic way. And aside from that, I get the sense that being around me may not be the safest place in times to come. I’m a knight now so there’s no telling when I might be sent away on some dangerous mission. Not only that, but Celestia has asked me to break up with you for both our sakes.”

It was at this point that tears started to well up in her eyes. “What you say makes perfect sense, but I still can’t keep from crying. Promise we’ll still be friends.”

I gave her a horse-kiss on the forehead and said, “I promise. And i assure you that this will change very little between us. I’ll still come over for tea, if you’ll have me”

She smiled through the tears. “Of course, you’re welcome anytime.”

“Good. Now wipe those tears, I wouldn’t want Angel coming after me for making you cry.”

She chuckled and wiped her tears away with her hoof. “So, I’ll see you tuesday for tea?”

“I wouldn’t miss it.”

With phase one complete, it was time for phase two. I had told Celestia about my findings in the mysterious house in Everfree and after doing a bit of magic to rid it of all the evilness, we decided to make it my home. We weren’t able to change the shuffling of the rooms but we were able to slow it down to once a day at midnight rather than every time someone entered. We also made it so the House generate a map which displayed in every room (and Celestia’s room ate the castle so she could easily find me if I was needed) at the beginning of each day. The final change was making it so that more than six people could be in the house at once. That, and restoring all the furniture and decor. It was pretty nice. I spent the majority of the next few weeks deforesting the area for firewood and also so I could have a nice yard. Thus ended phase two.

Phase three was the fun part. One night, the spring equinox, in fact, at a quarter after one, I was visited by three spirits. Actually just one spirit, and it wasn’t a spirit, it was Celestia. She came in through my window (presumably after acquiring the daily map), climbed into bed with me and said quite simply, “Fuck me.”

I, being rather bemused, could only get out a “Huh?”

“As per our agreement, I replaced the memories of the populace with the pageant I wanted them to see because I don’t want everypony to know the true history of 1000 years ago. You part of our agreement was to a) break up with Fluttershy, which you were already going to do; b) get a house away from Twilight, which you needed to do anyways; and c) make love to me.”

“You had me up until c. I don’t recall agreeing to that.”

“As you know, the Mareidian Party is only two short months away. I had originally wanted you to come as a show of my acceptance of other races. However, as you are now an alicorn, that won’t work so well. I still want you to come to the party, but I needed a reason to bring you. As you may or may not know, the only people allowed at these parties are the leaders of the various nations and/or their delegates and their consorts. As you also may or may not know, by becoming a knight you are disallowed from being a delegate; you are not, however, disallowed from being a consort. Therefore, the only remaining option--”

“Is if I was your consort.”

“Precisely. It also makes it easier to explain your alicornness.”

“Can’t I fuck Luna instead?”

“I suppose that is also an option but I wanted you for myself.”

“Ok. Why do I have to fuck anyone anyways?”

“Well, if you’re going to be a consort, you should know how to play the part.”

“So, in other words, if I’m gonna pretend to be your sex slave, you want me to actually be your sex slave.”

“That’s a rather harsh way of putting it, but that’s essentially the idea.”

“You’re not gonna give me a choice are you?”

“No.”

“Then let’s fucking fuck.”

One fuck later...

“Wow,” I said. “Where did you learn that?”

“When one is alone for 1000 years, one has time to... experiment in such things.”

“I suppose so, though I am curious who you were experimenting with. But I won’t dwell on that right now. What I would like to know has to do with this consort business. Firstly, will I have to live with you?”

“No. But you will have to accompany me to any and all public events where I am required to make an appearance.”

“Ok, will I be required to impregnate you in order to provide an heir.”

“Well, technically speaking, not necessarily. There is more than one way to provide an heir. The first, and most obvious, is the previous monarch having a child. The second, is via adoption. The third is by marrying someone with a child. And the fourth is alicornication, wherein a distant relative of the remaining alicorns reaches their full potential and becomes an alicorn. The two you need to know about, though, are the second and third. Since you already have an adopted child, if I were to marry you, she would become my heir.”

“Hold up. Few red flags here. First of all, alicornication? Since when was that a thing? Second, I don’t think I’m ready to get married at all, let alone to you, no offense. And third, I don’t think Flagra is gonna be too happy about being an heir. She’s not exactly a people person, being a ruler probably won’t be the best for her.”

“Well, alicornication is only a theory. According to Starswirl, if a relative of any surviving alicorn reaches their highest potential as a pony, he or she will ascend to an alicorn.”

“What about Trixie? She tried using a spell to become an alicorn.”

“And that might have worked if she were a relative of the alicorns. That’s why it backfired like it did.”

“So, why did I become an alicorn then?”

“I’m not sure. According to the theory, it would mean that you’re a distant relative of the alicorns but that doesn’t make sense.”

“Hmm, well anyways. Would you care to address my other issues with this?”

“Right. Well, about the marriage. I already had a plan for that. See, we don’t actually have to get married, everyone just has to think that we’re married. We’ll have a ceremony but it won’t be legally recognized. You’ll be allowed to see other people as long as you’re discreet about it.”

“And Flagra?”

“Flagra won’t need to be a people person. She can govern through her advisors. It’s actually how I got y for a while after the events of 1000 years ago.”

“Ok, I suppose that would work. But she wouldn’t actually be ruling until you die, right?”

“Not necessarily. There may come a time when Luna and I are needed elsewhere and she would become the acting ruler.”

“What about your niece?”

“Cadance is busy up north. There are signs that an old foe may be returning and she needs to be there as a defense in case he does.”

“Fine. I suppose you won’t let me out of this so I’m not gonna bother arguing anymore.”

“Good. Then we will schedule the wedding for the same time as Cadance’s. It’ll be easier that way.”

“Whatever. Get out so I can go to bed.”

“Very well. We shall discuss this more as the date draws nearer. Until then, farewell, and good night.”

PreviousChapters Next