• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 795 Views, 11 Comments

Roses of Red and Pink - ash0404



Applejack has a crush on Rainbow Dash but doesn't have the nerve to ask her out.

  • ...
8
 11
 795

Courage

Applejack woke up one morning to find many things running through her mind. One of them being about one she's had from a while ago. It kept bugging her all day, but she ignored it. Then she got out of bed to do her normal chores, just like always. She bucked some trees and put the sheep back into their pens. Then she decided to go greet her friends. She walked to Sugarcube Corner, only to be greeted by a pink figure.

"Hi Applejack!" said a pink party pony excitedly with a wide grin.

"Oh, hi there Pinkie! Do ya' have a clue where the others are? asked Applejack.

"I think they're at the park having a picnic, I'm going there now!"

"Well, see ya' there!" Applejack waved goodbye to her pink friend.

Applejack got ready to go to the park, then she galloped her way down the trail. She could see five ponies all on a blanket with a basket beside them. Applejack trotted forward to see a rainbow-maned pegasus which she couldn't get her mind off of, a lavender colored unicorn, a shy yellow pegasus, a unicorn with purple, curly hair, and a pink pony she'd seen earlier.

"Hi there Applejack!" Called out a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle.

"Oh, hi there guys, I'd thought I'd come to the picnic too." Said the earth pony, "Pinkie Pie told me ya'll were having one at the park."

"Indeed we are, care to join us?" Asked Rarity.

"Ya' bet cha'!" Shouted Applejack as she replied.

"Pinkie brought in her best cupcakes!" Said Rainbow as she butted into Applejack and Rarity's conversation.

"They're very tasty and sweet..." Whispered Fluttershy.

"Let's get this party started!" Applejack shouted at the top of her lungs.

Applejack enjoyed the picnic for the whole time. She thought it'd be a good time to ask out Rainbow Dash, her crush, out, but they only grew closer together. Applejack knew they'd be together one day, all snuggled up, but that was one day. The thought of asking Rainbow out made Applejack feel nervous, she needed to build of the nerve first. She thought of the way Rainbow feels for her but nothing came up. She'd had to make it happen all by herself, if she wanted to be with that blue Pegasus she'd have to make it happen. This thought remained in Applejack's head for as long as the picnic lasted, she just couldn't get Rainbow out of her head.

During the picnic Pinkie brought her sweet treats, while Applejack brought her apple-related foods. First they ate Applejack's pie slice by slice utill it has disappeared. For dessert they had Pinkie's "best" cupcakes, the ponies said the two meals were both very tasty. Applejack was glad that they liked her pie, especially the fact that Rainbow Dash liked it. After an hour or two, the six friends had walked to their beloved homes. Applejack had walked back to Sweet Apple Acres while the others when to their homes.

While at the barn Applejack thought about Rainbow, she thought about what she thinking earlier. "Ah' have to make it happen." She murmurred. She decided she'd confess her feelings for Dash the next day, but then she had a horrible thought, "What if she's in love with someone else? What if she doesn't have feelings for me? What if I'm already too late?" These thoughts kept bouncing in Applejack's head over and over again. She could ask for advice but her mind found it too embarrassing.

Applejack paced side to side thinking of what to say to Rainbow. She said what she thought would be good but say but Immediately she said "No." Her mind was all wrapped up in the Rainbow stuff. She thought of bringing a gift, but she found that to romantic and straight forward. "Hmmm" Applejack thought. Nothing came to her head, she would just have to ask her out normally. She thought it was going to be tough but only time can tell.

Applejack stopped thinking about it and decided to buck the apples off those trees in her orchard. A yellow Pegasus was in Applejack's sight as she bucked the trees. She noticed It was Fluttershy trotting her way to her.

"Hi Applejack.... I just wanted to thank you about the pie... It was great..." Fluttershy said in a small, tiny voice.

"Yer' welcome!" Replied Applejack.

"We'll.... I'll be going... see you later.." Fluttershy's voice drifted of into silence.

The picnic reminded Applejack about Dashie, she couldn't take it anymore, so she decided to confess her love by the end of tomorrow. She was not prepared for this though. She couldn't ask for advice because no pony heard her secret and she didn't want any pony to hear it. So Applejack kept thinking on how to approach Rainbow Dash.

Little did Dash know that Applejack had feelings for her, if she did hear she had feelings for her she'd be clueless of what to say. Rainbow never would have guessed Applejack had feelings for her even if she had a thousand years on the moon to figure it out. The thought of Applejack having a crush on her never entered her mind. If Applejack knew Rainbow had feelings for her it'd make it a trot in the park, although it isn't.

Applejack wanted a way to get guaranteed love, she thought about it. "A love potion!" Applejack said maybe a bit too loud. Applejack soon rejected the idea because she wanted TRUE love and not some old poison joke. She had to get love the normal way. Applejack continued to buck the apples until she saw Pinkie hopping toward her.

"Hithereapplejackletshaveaparty!" Quickly shouted Pinkie.

"What?" Applejack said back.

"I said, let's have a party for the success of the picnic! It was great! I invited the others! They said they were coming too!"

"Okay, see ya' I'll be there!

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" Pinkie disappeared as she went to Sugarcube Corner.

Applejack headed down to Sugarcube Corner, she thought it'd be a nice time to ask Dash out there, but yet again she said "Nah'." She pushed of opened Sugarcube Corner's door and walked in, she saw steamers, food, and balloons, she also found her friends and her crush.

"So glad you're here, Darling." Spoke Rarity.

"Yea! She made it!" Said Rainbow Dash.

That made Applejack blush, but she got rid of it before any pony could see. The party was like any of Pinkie's parties, fun, punch, friends, and Gummy. Applejack enjoyed the party more than the picnic even if it was a bit sudden. The party lasted quite a while because they started at half past four and they went home at eight, nopony cared about the time though. Applejack knew she'd have to go to bed and when she wakes up she'll have to confess to Rainbow. As time passed AJ got more nervous, really nervous.

Applejack had not been this nervous since her friends chased her down after she broke a Pinkie promise. Applejack put her hooves on her head trying to block out her nervousness but it was too strong, way too strong to handle. It was eight thirty, Applejack imagined a high pitch screeching sound, her nervousness was getting the best of her. She snapped out of it seconds later, then she told herself to relax. She decided she'd go to bed at eleven, she's far to nervous to confess to Rainbow tomorrow.

Applejack clicked the light in Applebloom's room, she was fast asleep. Applejack went outside and sat down, she stared at the stars. She has been staring for about five minutes thinking about tomorrow, what would she say? Applejack had a crush on Dash for a month now but she's been shyer than Fluttershy when she talked to Rainbow. Many of these thoughts roamed through her head looking for an escape but there was none, her thoughts were trapped. She took some breaths to calm herself down.

It was nine o' clock when Applejack went back in. She was very drowsy, she almost fell asleep. She forced his self to stay awake but she couldn't. She only could only stay up to nine forty-five, not very long. She fell into a deep sleep, she dreamt about many things. You could probably guess what she was dreaming about. She dreamt about Rainbow Dash.

Applejack dreamt of a romance with Dash. She dreamt of everything going as AJ wanted it to go. Her dream lasted many hours but it felt like thirty minutes. AJ wish everything that happened in her dream would happen in real life. It wouldn't happen though because dreams are dreams and life is life. Applejack wanted that dream to last forever but everything has a limit.

The Next Day...

Applejack found herself lying in bed with the sheets all scrambled. She knew she had until the end of the day to confess to Rainbow. Applejack bucked the apples, herded the sheep, and did the rest of her chores. She stood up straight, took a deep breath and said "Today is the day..." Over and over again. Twilight had asked her to go to her library so Dash will have to wait.
Applejack arrived at the library while being welcomed by Twilight.

"What cha' call me for?" Asked AJ.

"I need you to help me sort out the library." Twilight had her nose in a book as she replied.

"Okay, where do we start?

"Just put them in alphabetical order on that shelf." She pointed to an empty shelf.

Applejack, like any other helpful friend helped Twi, but while she was sorting the books out she saw one that caught her eye. It was a book with a title simply called "Love." Applejack skimmed through the pages quickly making sure Twilight didn't see. She found out some facts that might just help her. Twilight almost saw her so she slammed the book closed and shoved it on the shelf. Twilight was confused but she ignored it.

As Applejack looks through more books she found one called "How to: Romance." She actually looked page by page in this one though. Twilight was behind her and she was wondering what Applejack was doing.

"What are you reading?" Said Twilight.

"Um... Ahhh.. Ehhh..." Stuttered Applejack.

"How to: Romance. Oh that one."

"Oh yea, heh heh."

"But why are you reading it?"

Applejack knew it was time to confess so she told the truth.

"Ah'.. Have... A...."

"Yes?"

"Uhh.. Cru..sh.. Onn.. Rainbow."

"What?"

"I have a crush on rainbow!" Applejack shouted, "O.K! There I said it!"

"Well, I'm not good with relationships... And all the shelves are filled... So you can go... So yea." Said Twilight as if she were in a awkward situation which she was.

Applejack sighed, she knew she ruined everything. She trotted to Rainbow Dash, she said she'd confess her love so she will. Applejack was still upset that she had to tell the truth to Twilight, well she's the element of honesty right? While Applejack trotted she spotted Rainbow and got ready to tell her about her love.

Applejack confessed to Rainbow, "Hi Rainbow Ah' Have to tell you something."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's Note:

My first story so don't hate. If you like the story so far though I'll make more chapters. Each chapter comes every one or two weeks, depends. If you have any complaints I'll be listening, for now, BYE!

Comments ( 11 )

Very nice. I look forward to more.:ajsmug::rainbowderp:

good story so far i ain't big on appledash stories but they grow on a person:rainbowderp:

A splendid story darling. I love the plot line, but if I may make a suggestion, I recommend indenting each paragraph, just makes it look a lot more professional in my terms at least, also recommend a grammar checker and reading it over, you have a few mistakes.

Anyways, I am excited to see what happens next :D

3335525 I could probably ident the paragraph but this is my first story and I just joined so I can't really get a spelling checker. Thanks for enjoying though!:twilightsmile:

it was good, can't wait for the next chapter!!!:twilightsmile:

Pretty good for a first story, I'm sure you'll get better as you go along, but I thoroughly enjoyed this fic. Well done!:derpytongue2:

It looks good but I do have a few complaints.

Overall it seems a bit rushed, events are starting and ending too quickly. I'd suggest fleshing out some scenes and don't be afraid to go into detail.

I think it might be better to go more into Applejacks thoughts. We know what she's doing but not why, like why she's in love with rainbow.

And I also feel that some scenes seem like they happen without a purpose. An example is her turning on the light in applebloom's room or heck even the party. They happen but nothing really builds from them. Going back to the party, nothing even happened there. It just came and went without any real effect. You could add scenes where she almost reveals her secret or acting strange if the topic of love comes up, just something so that the scene isn't just...there.

But don't worry about it too much, this does have potential and the only way to get better is to keep trying. :twilightsmile:

3396219 I just want to say I only did the things to expand the reading time, I really was rushed because I have a lot to do. But I promise next time I will try my best to go into detail sometimes. I don't really have a backstory about Applejack's feelings, so that'll have to wait. One more thing I'm a f*cking retard and I have no f*cking idea why i did this! thanks. :moustache:

Why you no post the second chapter yet? I'v been waiting so long :pinkiecrazy:

3594366 Oh my god it took me 12 weeks to read your comment. Well, thing is, this story is discontinued now, because I never have time to finish the second chapter. Plus, another thing is that I am no longer a fan of AppleDash shipping, I'm into FlutterDash. (Plus, this story sucked. Sorry. :fluttershysad:)

4048763 Betrayal to Appledash... Shame on you... :twilightangry2:

Eh, I thought it was good... I know my opinion barley matters... I guess the same with all the other people who said you had a good story... But... Do what you want... I don't control you

Login or register to comment