• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 3,418 Views, 196 Comments

Equestria Noir Season 2 Case 6 "Mirror Mirror" - Jacoboby1



Twilight mysteriously doesn't come back from the human world. Private ventures in to find out why. He suddenly finds himself in a strange world. Will he be able to find Twilight and come home? Or, will he want to stay in this world?

  • ...
13
 196
 3,418

Chapter 7 "Last Dance"

Chapter 7
“Last Dance”

I sighed as I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. Here come the nerves again. I was standing in my bathroom at my house, looking at myself. I was wearing a black suit that I apparently wore for formal occasions. I straightened the red bow tie as much as I could, dad loaned it to me.

So, here I am, taking Twilight to a dance, what could possibly go wrong? Only everything…

I heard a knock on the door, I went out to my room and opened it to be nearly blinded as Mom’s camera flashed. She smiled as she held it. “Oh, look at you Preventus, all grown up and ready to take the girl of your dreams to a dance,” She said with a giggle.

“Mom, it’s only a school dance,” I groaned. “I’m not marrying her.”

Already did that…

“Oh don’t try to deter me,” She said, wiping some lint off my shoulder, “I’m your mother, I have a right to gush over this.”

“Right…” I said, looking down.

“Preventus?” She said, looking at me. “Are you okay?”

No I’m not, I’m going to leave you, all of this, behind. I’m going to head back home where you’re dead, Tailspin’s crippled, and I walk on four hooves.

But, I had Twilight there, and my friends. Plus, I’ll look on this time with nothing but happy thoughts.

I simply said with a smile, “Just a little nervous about tonight. But, I’ll be fine.”

Mom smiled, and hugged me out of nowhere. “You’ve grown up so much…” she said, a little sadly.

I hugged her back, “I know, Mom, but I couldn’t have done it without you and Dad,” I said with a smile.

“Don’t underestimate yourself Preventus, you did a lot of growing up on your own,” She said, cryptically.

Wait, what?

I watched as she let me go and prepared to walk outside. “I got to get my other son ready. You’ll be walking Twilight there, correct?”

“Dad still won’t trust me with the car?” I said with a laugh.

“I don’t trust you with the car,” She replied with a laugh.

So much for that human experience...now to get Twilight…

____________________________________________________

We stalled her…

But it wasn’t enough...they'll be vulnerable…

I’m sorry, Izzy…

For what?

This is my fault, all of it is…

Promy…

I just...wish I didn’t give in...then...they could’ve been happy.

Promy, we can’t change what happened.

Only look forward…

It’s up to them now…

____________________________________________________________

So, those miserable fossils thought they could stall me? Well, they bought that princess brat a few days at most. But, little did they know they all worked in my brilliant plan. Soon, I’ll have Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer trapped in here. Once that is done, I’ll just erase their memories, convince Twilight that she never even knew this, Private Eye, at all. Once I kill him and that miserable mutt, Sombra will be able to return without hindrance.

Oh my love Sombra, we will be together at last…

_____________________________________________________________

I stood on the walkway leading up to Twilight’s door. I adjusted my trademark fedora on my head, I wasn’t about to leave it behind no matter the danger. But my teenaged nerves were kicking as I walked up. Part of me just wanted to run away and forget the whole thing.

But, my love for Twilight far overcame my nerves. I got up to the door, took a deep breath, and rang the doorbell. It was answered by a woman with light gray skin, and purple and white striped hair. She was wearing a simple white top and violet skirt with some stars on it.

“Yes? May I help you?” she asked.

“I’m, Private Eye.” I said, giving a polite smile.

The woman smiled wide and said, “Oh, you must be Twilight’s sweetheart! I’m Twilight Velvet, her mother.”

“A pleasure, ma’am,” I said. Oh great, here comes the process of impressing the parents again. If I have to go back in ti-

“Velvet?” A male voice said behind her.

“Twilight’s date is here.” Velvet said behind her, and then turned back to me. “Come in, Twilight is waiting.”

I stepped into the house and entered what had to be the living room. I saw what had to be Night Light standing by a staircase. He had blue skin, well kempt blue hair and a business suit. I noticed a typewriter was nearby, seems in this world he followed his writing dreams from the get go.

Velvet smiled and walked to her husband, taking his arm in both of hers, “Dear, this is Private, the boy that Twilight was talking about.” she explained.

“Ah,” Night Light said, shaking my hand, “I’m Night Light, you may have read my book.”

“Yeah,” I said. “A Match Made in the Stars, right?”

“Well, you’re well read that’s good,” Night Light said with a smile.

“Dear, he’s here to date our daughter, not talk about your book all night,” Velvet said with a giggle.

“Right,” Night Light said, rubbing the back of his head. He then turned and called up the stairs, “Twilight! Your date is here!” Twilight came down the stairs, a vision in what looked like pink taffeta. Her dress was strapless, the top being mostly pink, but with white and purple stripes. Her skirt was slightly frilly, but not too much so, and had three layers the middle being trimmed with thin embroidered lines of purple and white. The dress boots, which seemed to be the thing for girls to wear here, were pink, laced over white with purple soles.

I was absolutely stunned. I fought every instinct to let my jaw hang open like an idiot. Twilight just smiled and descended down to the living room floor. She smiled, blushing prettily as she said, “Hey Private.”

“Hey Twi,” I said, looking at her. “You look amazing.”

“Thanks,” She replied, “You look good too.”

“Oh!” Velvet cried, procuring a camera from her pocket. “Let’s get some pictures of you two!”

Twilight and I smiled, moving in together and letting Velvet have her fun. Twilight’s mother smiled after a few shots. “Oh, you are so grown up my little Twilight. Why-”

“If you make one mention of me in diapers I will personally set your book collection on fire!” Twilight shouted, blushing in embarrassment.

Velvet gave a nervous smile. “Oh right. Can I get a picture of you and your father?”

____________________________________________________________

After what felt like hours of picture taking, Twilight and I walked in the cool spring night air. We walked, hand in hand, feeling comfortable around one another. Twilight looked at me, “Were you still as nervous as last time?”

“Probably more, considering my newfound status as a high schooler,” I replied.

“Explains why it took you so long to ask me out,” Twilight said with a giggle, “To be fair, I got the mind of a teenager too.”

“I couldn’t help it, you were just the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen,” I said, blushing, “That’s a lot of pressure on a guy.”

Twilight smiled, and kissed me on the cheek. We both made our way towards the school, where our dance awaits.

_____________________________________________________

]You know what you have to do…

Yes…

Do this...and I’ll give you what you desire…

Twilight...gone...dealt with…

Yes dear Sunset...just do the simple task...of making sure that boy stays away from her…

Yes...Lilith...my mistress…

_________________________________________________________

Pinkie must be in charge of decorating. Streamers, balloons, though there are flowers, and birds, and other spring-like things that make it perfectly clear that this is a spring-time party. Ah, the good old multifunctional gym. Good for basketball games, theater productions, and school dances. Vinyl is set up on the stage, enjoying herself, as she spins the tunes to keep everybody dancing all night.

Twilight and I walked in, looking out at the dancing crowd. Twilight looked to me, “Not as crazy as Appaloosa, but it’s still fun.”

“At least here I don’t have County to act raucous,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“TWILIGHT!” we heard Rarity gasp, and she came up to us. “Oh my, stars, darling, you… You’re wearing the same dress you wore to the Fall Formal!”

“Yes,” Twilight replied. “I saw no reason to get a new one, since this one is still perfectly fine.”

“But, darling, that is such a fashion faux pas! You simply can’t wear the same dress to two formal events, like this!” Rarity uttered, looking like she was having a coronary.

“Maybe, but since when did I ever care about fashion?” Twilight responded.

Rarity sighed, “How you people survive in this world is beyond me.”

“You got a date Rarity?” I asked.

“Oh, there are no shortage of boys looking for my affection,” Rarity said, and then tilted her head. “But for some reason I always seemed to find something wrong with them. I can’t imagine why.”

Twilight and I looked at each other. I was about to say something, when Rarity looked off in the other direction. “Oh! Look, Fluttershy and Macintosh are dancing!” With that, she took off.

“Some things never change,” Twilight said, rolling her eyes.

“So, shall we begin?” I asked as Vinyl switched over to a slow song.

“Private, do you even know how to dance as a human?” Twilight asked as she took my hand.

“I figure,” I said, smiling at her, “I faced monsters along side you, I think I can handle a dance.”

She smiled as we stepped out onto the floor together. Twilight guided my hands, one around her, one in hers. We danced to the slow music, enjoying each other’s company. I gazed into her eyes, and memories of Equestria came flooding back.

All those times when I gazed in wonder at her. When I admired how amazing and beautiful she was. All those times, they were nothing compared to this. This was us when we were young. When the world was our oyster, and there were no limits to what we can do.

I managed to keep up decently, back home I had a decent amount of agility thanks to being part pegasi. Here, I just seemed to have a natural..flare?

I looked behind Twilight, and saw another couple dancing…but nobody else was looking…

The man was tall, thin, with long black hair, green eyes and was clad in robes befitting a wizard. He was dancing with a beautiful pink skinned woman with a similar haircut to cadence, only shorter and less curley. She was wearing a dress befitting royalty. They just seemed to blend together in the music. I couldn’t help but notice, I was performing the same moves as the man. Wait..I know him...

Eclipse? And that woman, looked a very similar to Cadence...

I then noticed the faintest cord of light connecting me to the man. He smiled at me, and faded along with the woman.

I then got a spring in my step, performing more complicated moves with Twilight. She blinked in surprise as I twirled her, “Wow, Private where’d you learn to do this?”

“Some old stargazer.” I said, pulling her into an embrace as the song came to a close.

Twilight beamed up at me, we would kiss if this wasn’t a public event and I could feel Luna’s gaze boring from across the room. But, she didn’t have jurisdiction in Equestria.

I hoped to dance with her the whole night before we got that crown…

__________________________________________________________

Perspective: Rainbow Dash

Look at those two. They dance like they’re born to it. I’m not the dancing type, but I’m sure I’d totally rock the dance floor. I’m just cool like that. Kinda jealous, though. How does she find the good guy, and I’m stuck with…

“Hey babe,”

That.

I looked over and saw Raiden coming to sit beside me at the table. He was wearing a black shirt with a yellow vest and it sort of made his abs…

Shut up brain!

“Why haven’t we danced yet?” He asked, looking at me.

“Maybe I suddenly realized I had standards.” I said, crossing my arms.

“Come on,” He said, looking at me with those yellow eyes of his. “I just wanna dance with you.”

“Okay, this is getting old.” I said, glaring at him. “Look, if you’re doing this so you can blab to the rest of the world that you scored with me, go fall off the school building.”

“I’m not doing this because I wanna prove anything.” Raiden said, giving me a look.

“Then what is it?” I asked.

Suddenly, without warning, the jerk kissed me. Right then and there…

Ohmygosh...don’t...squee….don’t…

We broke our kiss and I felt my face turn very red. I looked at him and said, “What was that for?”

“Maybe I just wanted to make you feel like I’m serious,” He said. “I like you Rainbow, I honestly do. You’re cool, hot, and incredibly awesome. Why wouldn’t I want to date you?”

I gave this stupid smirk and said, “Maybe you aren’t such a bad guy after all…”

“Now, about that dance.” He said, getting up and offering a hand.

“Only if you can keep up hot shot,” I said, taking it.

“Hey, I’ve been chasing you for this long, I think I can keep up as long as it takes.” He said, and then…

We just walked out onto the dance floor…

Wow...is this what Twilight feels when she’s with Private?

Wow...just...

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!

___________________________________________________

Perspective: Fluttershy

This feels so… nice. Dancing with Mackey, and… Everything! I really should thank Private for helping Mackey come over and talk to me. We were dancing, in a quiet corner, away from the crowd. Mackey is so considerate. He knew I wouldn’t want to be in a crowd. I look around, and see everyone just enjoying themselves, and having fun… Wait… Is that Rainbow dancing with Raiden Bolt? Oh! Oh wow, she finally stopped running. That’s wonderful!

“Shy?” Mackey said.

I looked up at his gentle green eyes and said quietly, “Yes?”

“Yer, havin a good time right?” He asked, looking nervous himself.

I nodded, smiling at him. “Oh yes I am. I, just wished I had the courage to talk to you sooner.”

“Me too,” He said, giving that sweet smile of his. “Ah’ve never, felt like this with anybody.”

“Really?” I asked, my eyes wide and my heart thumping in my chest.

“Nope,” He said, blushing a little.

“Oh Mackey…” I said, then covered my mouth when I realized my nickname for him came out. He blinked, then smiled.

“That yer nickname fer me?” Mackey asked.

I blushed brightly and only nodded silently. Oh I’m so embarrassed…

“Ah like it,” he murmured, his smile never fading, “‘cause ya gave it to me.”

He likes it? Oh my gosh he likes it! I’m so happy! I...I just wanna…

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed Mackey on the cheek. Oh I hope Vice Principal Luna wasn’t looking.

Mackey smiled and just held me right then and there. I felt safe, warm and secure against him. I…

Private...thank you for showing me a boy I could love…

____________________________________________________________

Perspective: Private Eye

Another song came to a close as Twilight and I stood among the dancers. Twilight and I heard a mic turning on and we looked up. Standing on the gym stage was Principal Celestia, she smiled at the crowd. “Thank you all for attending this years Spring Fling, I hope you all are enjoying the party.”

The crowd cheered in agreement.

“I’d like to extend a thank you to Miss Pinkie Pie, who made this all possible,” Celestia said, extending a hand to the pink party human.

Pinkie leapt into the air and waved. “I just do my best for all my friends!”

Celestia smiled, covering her mouth with a hand to hide a laugh. “Anyways, this years Spring Fling Princess has been voted on. I’m sure you’re all eager to see who won.”

Everybody started cheering, I smiled at Twilight and winked. “You got this in the bag,” I said.

She smiled and said, “I couldn’t have done it without the people who support me.”

“This years winner, by an almost unanimous vote,” Celestia said, reading a card, “Is Twilight Annmarie Sparkle!”

The whole crowd cheered around me as Luna came out with the crown. Alright!

Twilight and I walked up to the steps to the stage and I watched her go to get the crown. Celestia took the crown form Luna, and proudly smiled at Twilight. Twilight looked back at me with a smile as well.

This was going great, once she had the crown, we could high tail it back home. We just had to pick up Spike along the way.

I hated leaving this world behind, but, at least it was a good vacation.

Twilight took the crown, but...then she just held it, staring at it…

Slowly, the cheering died down…

I looked out at the crowd, everybody was standing stiff. Their faces showing joy at the celebration, but not moving. I walked up to one, waved my hand in front of the guy’s face, no response.

“Twi, what’s going o-” I was cut off as I looked at Twilight.

She was standing there, looking out at the crowd, crown in her hand…

Her eyes were glowing green…

“Twi!” I yelled, running towards her.

I felt a barrier form in front of me and I flew back, falling onto the dance floor. I looked at the barrier around the stage, and put my hand against it.

“A shield spell? But how?” I said, slamming my fist against it.

“Because it’s about time her little fantasy came to an end,” I heard a cruel voice say.

I turned and saw Sunset was the lone figure moving amongst the students. The girl smirked at me, “Well, it’s good to see you again Private Eye,” She said sarcastically, “I missed you about as much as I miss a hangnail.”

“What do you want with Twilight?” I yelled at her. “What did you do to her?”

“Nothing, she did this to herself.” Sunset said, “Apparently, you don’t know your wife as well as you think.”

“I know you had something to do with this!” I yelled. “What’s going on?”

“Your little princess bride here,” She said, pointing to Twilight, “has just realized this was the end, the last time she’d see this world, feel this moment. She realized she’d have to go back, to wake up. She didn’t want that.”

“Twilight would never run away from her responsibilities!” I yelled.

“Don’t be naive, hybrid,” She spat, “That’s why she stayed in the first place and you know it. Now, she’ll stay here forever.”

“Never!” I yelled, “I’m not letting you take her from me twice!”

“Oh my gosh you are obsessed.” Sunset said with a laugh, “You’re a well trained lapdog. Apparently the whole, ‘I need you save me’ vibe works so well on men, or in this case stallions.”

“You don’t know ponies Sunset,” I said, glaring at her.

“Why should I?” She asked. “What has friendship gotten me? Nothing. All that matters in this world or ours is power. You either got it, or you don’t. Simple as that.”

“No wonder you wanted to stay,” I said with a smirk. “You’re just as weak as you make Twilight out to be. But Twilight is far stronger than you’ll ever be!”

“She is nothing!” Sunset yelled, her eyes flaring. “I did everything right! I aced all the exams! I worked day and night to improve my skills! I was the best! The greatest unicorn in Equestria! But one test changed everything….”

I followed her eyes and saw the crown. I then looked at her, “You, tried to use Magic.”

“Yes, I did.” She said. “The stupid thing would not work. Suddenly I was not worthy of the power Celestia was so eager to give this brat! I was the greater one! I’m better than her in every possible way!”

“Except in the decency department!” I yelled. “No Element wielder would have done what you did.”

“Grr…” She said, glaring at her.

“You laugh at people’s pain. You lied and deceived to separate them. You expect loyalty from your minions but you give none back in return. You were selfish and unkind towards any who stood in your way. So, if you cannot hold the tenants of any of the other elements, what makes you think you deserve the most powerful of all?” I asked.

“Who cares if I deserve it?” She said, suddenly I saw her hands catch fire, but they weren’t burning. “Whatever I want, I take!”

I leapt out of the way as she threw a fireball at me. I looked up as she prepared another one. “How the hell are you using magic?”

“I got a better teacher!” Sunset shouted, preparing another fireball. “One who taught me quite a bit, including...how to transform without the crown.” I watched in horror as magic flowed from her...and she began to change.

Her skin turned red, her teeth became long fangs, her fingers turned into claws, her hair turned into a flame-like style, and wings sprouted from her back. Her eyes turned black, with green pupils, and glowed with a malevolent light. She had a pony-like tail, a skirt the color of her hair, and the leather jacket turned into some kind of bustier. She looked on me with a cruel smile on her face.

“Oh, this power feels grand!” she said, her voice dripping with evil.

“Shimmer you have no idea what you’re doing!” I yelled, looking around for some kind of weapon.

“You pathetic worm! I am a god compared to you!” She yelled, hurling another fireball at me.

I kicked up a table to block it and made my way towards the side. Oh man, what the hell is going on? Sunset is back? A demon now?

“What do you hope to gain Shimmer?” I asked, hiding behind a speaker.

“What I want, Private Eye, is your charred corpse!” She said, gleefully laughing.

“What for?” I asked.

“With you dead, my mistress will rewrite sweet Twilight’s memories. Making her forget you completely, and live out her life here. Then, when the darkness comes, Equestria will be thrown into chaos without her. Once chaos has gripped the land,”

“You’ll come out as the savior!” I said, pick up a camera tripod and removing the bits so I only got the metal bar.

“Right, so there is a brain in your miserable chicken head after all.” She said, laughing.

I looked at the tripod...come on…

Magic work...why can she use it and I…

Wait...I did it before….

I closed my eyes, and focused on the tripod pieces. I just had to connect...with somepony who knows alchemy…I reached out...felt a connection...a stallion who built a city by himself...

Prometheus…

I opened my eyes as my hands sparked. I looked down as the pieces reforged themselves into a sword. Thank goodness it was a metal tripod, not a plastic one. I picked up the sword in my hand, this was going to be weird fighting as a human. But, if I was going to take down Shimmer, I had to get an edge.

I leapt out from behind the boom box, and caught Shimmer by surprise. I sliced the blade across her arm, she screeched as it started to bleed.

She flew back, holding her arm and saw my sword. “Where did you get that?! It should be impossible for a hybrid to perform conjuration magic!”

“It’s no conjuration,” I said, holding the sword, “Pure bred Alchemy!”

“What the hell!?” Sunset cried. “I’ve had enough playing around! I will see you dead!”

I looked as strange creatures started to crawl out of the reflective surfaces. They crawled out of windows, punch bowls, even the glass of the lights. They were small, similar looking to shimmer with wings, red skin and bat wings. Were they demons as well? How did she summon them?

“Seems my mistress has granted me a gift,” Shimmer said with a smirk. “Now, you’ll die!”

I braced myself as the first demon tried to claw at me. I blocked it with my sword. I turned to look at Twilight.

I saw she was standing there...and a portal was opening behind her. “NO!” I cried, kicking the demon in the stomach and running towards the barrier.

A pair of red hands reached and pulled Twilight through along with the crown. I slammed my sword into the barrier, only for the blade to break against it. I slammed my fists into the barrier, trying to break it, but no give.

“Such a shame,” Sunset mocked, “So close, and yet you can’t get at her. You really are a pathetic unicorn. Why Twilight chose you is beyond me.”

I clenched my fists against the barrier, “Because, I never give up!”

“You’re outnumbered, without any true power, and weak as all hell.” She said, I could hear her starting up another fireball. “What makes you think you have any chance again-”

CHOMP!

“Damn mutt!”

I turned and saw Spike was biting on Sunset’s leg. She tried to shake him off, but no give. “Spike!” I cried.

Spike hanged on Sunset’s leg, allowing his mouth to speak, “Private! Get the others! The Elements work because they are inside them! Even if they aren’t the same pony!”

“Miserable mutt!” She said, kicking Spike off. The dog went sailing into a student, knocking the frozen teenager over.

“You think a hybrid and a mutt have any chance against me and my mistress?” Sunset said, glaring at me.

“That’s the thing Sunset,” I said, looking at her and her half dozen demons. “I never give up, for Twilight, I’ve faced creatures far more powerful than you ever will be. You are nothing compared to her! In fact, you’re nothing compared to me!”

“And what makes you better than me?” She asked.

I smiled, and heard…

Chanting…

I looked at the top of my hand, and saw the symbol of my element form on it. The symbol glowed and a bright light shone around me. The demons shielded their eyes from the light coming from me.

I looked over and saw Rainbow with Raiden, I held out my hand towards them. A cord of light reached out and connected to Rainbow. Slowly, she blinked and started to move again. The light enveloped her body and she changed. No longer clad in a gown fit for a dance, she was now wearing what looked like what a warrior from a fantasy book would look like. Chain mail, leather straps holding it together, a pair of blades at her hips and a helm forming on her.

She looked at herself, and said, “Holy cow, when did this become a costume par-whoa!” She suddenly looked at the demons coming at her.

“Rainbow look out!” I yelled.

Rainbow, in a blur, pulled out the blades at her hips, and a pair of wings formed out of her back. With blinding speed she sliced the pair of demons clean in half. They faded as she stood looking at what she just did. “Whoa! This is awesome! Private what did you do?”

“No idea!” I yelled, and looked at the light cord connecting us. Was this...the power of Hope?

I held out my hand towards AJ who was at a refreshments table. She blinked and soon clothing formed on her as well. She looked like a traditional cow girl, but on her fists were covered in gauntlets and her boots had metal toes and shin guards.

She looked at herself, then at me, “Priv? What the hollerin hootin,” Then she looked at Shimmer. She smirked, “Now ah remember, seems you need to be reintroduced to kicks magee here.” She then kicked the table with surprising strength and it knocked over two demons. She then ran over to a third one and punched it’s lights out.

“Whoa! Sweet AJ!” Rainbow cried, blocking a demon’s claws with her blades. “Private, are you doing this?”

“I think so,” I said, looking at my hand, “I think, it’s my element unlocking some kind of hidden potential within you all.”

“Impossible!” Shimmer yelled, “You should be dead now!” She held up her hand and more demons sprouted out of windows, punch bowls, any reflective surface.

I held up a hand towards Rarity. The cord of light entered her and she blinked, slowly her clothing was transformed into long flowing violet robes with what looked like runes along the hem. She looked over at Spike who was on the ground, then glared at the nearest demon. “Whoever dared touch my Spikey Wikey! Get’s this!” Her hands glowed and the very earth itself shook around her. Suddenly diamonds came out of the ground around her, she held up her hand and they fired like missiles towards the demons.

They were hit hard by the barrage, several were knocked into Sunset via Aj’s punches and kicks. Wow, to think such fighting ability resided in all of them…

I held up my hand towards Pinkie Pie. She blinked and her outfit changed to. It was as you probably expected, bizarre, with a pink set of overalls, a strange top hat and the infamous party cannon formed next to her.

She looked at it and smiled gleefully, “Aw sweet! I always wanted one of these! Is it my birthday? Because I could really go for a-”

“How about kicking a demon’s butt to save Twilight party?” I yelled.

“Oh, that works too!” She said, aiming the party cannon at an oncoming demon. “Party cannon go BOOM!” She fired the cannon square in the chest of the demon, sending him flying out the window.

“Miserable wretches!” Shimmer yelled, trying to throw a fireball at me. “Die!”

I held up my hand at Fluttershy. She blinked and her outfit changed as well, it looked like a fluttershy colored druid outfit. A flowery, natural dress formed on her, along with flowers in her hair. What looked like gloves made of vines wrapped around her hands and arms. She glared at Sunset, "Nobody hurts my friends!" She held out an arm.

Vines came out of the ground and wrapped around Shimmer tightly, the demon witch screamed in pain.

I looked at Fluttershy, a little shocked.

“I uh,” She said, looking down. "Oh I hope I didn’t hurt her too badly.”

So, she's some kind of nature wielder? Somepony else was doing this, maybe among her ancestors. I looked at my hand. Hope has shown it has the power to draw power from my ancestors. Maybe, it can be used on others? To draw out a power of their bloodlines?

“Private! Little help!” Rainbow cried.

“Right!” I grabbed my broken blade, and used alchemy again to reforge it. “Let’s end this!”

_______________________________________________________

Perspective: Twilight Sparkle

I shook my head, blinking… awake, I suppose. I got up, and looked around. Mirrors. Mirrors were mounted on the ‘walls’ of this place, stretching as far as the eye could see. Last thing I remembered was getting the crown, after being voted Spring Fling Princess. Private and I were going to go home.

Going home...I didn’t want to…

I wanted...that moment...to last forever…

Why…? Why did everything have to end…?

Does it have to end?

What?

All of this can still be yours. A world at your feet, a world where you have little responsibility.

But...Celestia…

Will find somepony else to take the charge. She’s replaced students before.

My friends…

Will move on, do you think you really can bring them together? Did you forget so easily how they constantly abandon you when you most need them?

What…?

The wedding, or when Discord returned. I can name several times when they just would gladly turn their backs on you. But here, they will never do that.

Here…

In this world, they will remain loyal and true. You’ll be in the greatest years of your life forever. Here, you are allowed to make your own decisions. Here...you are free…

I’m….free...nopony can tell me what to do...I can...choose….I am...happy here….

I dropped the crown...why do I need it…?

Who am I…? Twilight Sparkle…

Who’s Private…? Why do I miss him…? Who’s Private…?

Get rid of those thoughts! He’s a worthless unicorn! Forget him!

No...I….don’t want to forget Private…

I looked up and saw a woman walking towards me. She was tall, with red skin and long dark hair. Her eyes glowed yellow as she sauntered towards me. Her dress looked like it would belong to an evil queen in a fairy tale. She looked at me and said, “Twilight Sparkle, you have no need of such distractions.”

“But Private,” I said.

“Is nothing, he always has been, and always will be, a distraction. Do you forget easily how he too turned his back on you? How he stomped on your dream of becoming a powerful alicorn?” She said.

“He’s…”

“Not worth your time anymore, you will forget him,” She said, gazing at me. “You will forget him, he is not worth it. Nothing good can come from him.”

“TRY ME!!”

Suddenly a blast of violet magic hit the woman square in the chest. I turned around and saw….me?

No...she looked like me yet...different.

She was a teenaged human, with long brown hair that curled slightly at the ends, her skin was the same shade as mine. She was wearing an outfit similar to mine, the mark was different and she was wearing a violet blouse instead of aqua.Her eyes were….also my color.

“Who are you?” I asked, looking at her.

“She is nobody!” The woman yelled behind me. “Ignore her!”

“No!” The girl cried, then she looked at me “Don’t listen to her! Don’t you dare forget daddy!”

Wait, DADDY!?!

“Did you just say…” I said, my voice croaking in shock.

She smiled at me and said, “Good to see you, Mom.”

Mom...this is...I’m a…

Private and I...did we...no we used protection...even spells to stop it but...I...oh my…

“Forget her! She’s an illusion! A distraction!” The woman cried.

“Shut up, Lilith!” The girl retorted. “Quit lying to her! Mom! She wants you to stay in this world! But you don’t get what will happen!”

“What?” I said, blinking.

“If you stay here, and forget Daddy, then Equestria will die,” She pleaded. “Daddy loves you, he came here to save you. He risked everything for you! Equestria needs you too! Without you, who will stop the bad guys? Who will use the Element of Magic? Who...will pick up the crown?”

“Who are you?” I asked, my brain trying to process this.

She smiled and said, “Twinkle.”

Twinkle...what a nice name…

“I’ve had enough of you, brat!” The woman growled. “Die now!”

I watched in horror as a pit formed beneath Twinkle’s feet. I don’t care if she’s my daughter or not. There was no way I was going to let her die!

I ran and slid just in time to take her hand. I looked down on her as she held on to me. I smiled and said, “I got you, sweetie.”

She smiled up at me and said, “I knew that you would never forget Daddy.”

“I love him too much,” I said, looking at her. “You, are proof of that.”

She...is my daughter...my Twinkle…

Oh my goodness, wait till I tell Private….

Private…

I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!

A light shone around me and I felt magic flow into my body once again.

“NO! No how can this be?!” The woman cried, throwing fireballs at me, but a shield protected me from the spell.

I felt a transformation. I looked at myself as robes formed on me, rich violet with my cutie mark symbol on the tabard. I felt wings sprout from my back and I flew, holding Twinkle in my arms.

We touched down in front of the crown and in front of the woman. I glared at this, Lilith and said, “You tried to kill my daughter, trap me in here, destroy my home, I will never, ever listen to a demon witch like you!”

“Imposible! This is all impossible!” Lilith cried, “My spell was perfect! I offered you a life of peace and you spit in my face!”

“You aren’t offering me a life,” I said, glaring at her, “you’re offering me a prison. Life is hard, we all find that out eventually. We find out, and we’re scared. But we can’t just hide in an old world and pretend it will always exist. Things change, and they will keep changing no matter what we decide. We can’t just forsake the world because it isn’t our perfect utopia. I will not forsake my home, my friends,” I put a hand on my daughter’s shoulder and said, “Or, my family.”

Twinkle smiled at me, and I watched as she began to fade. I watched as she turned into a cord of light, and moved into the crown. I slowly, picked it up. I watched as the staff reforged itself into a long golden staff in my hands. The tip of it held my jewel, surrounded by smaller jewels orbiting it.

I glared at Lilith, the woman looked truly scared. “Nopony, and I mean nopony, hurts my friends or family!”

With that, I summoned magic missiles and prepared for a long battle ahead...