• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 3,418 Views, 196 Comments

Equestria Noir Season 2 Case 6 "Mirror Mirror" - Jacoboby1



Twilight mysteriously doesn't come back from the human world. Private ventures in to find out why. He suddenly finds himself in a strange world. Will he be able to find Twilight and come home? Or, will he want to stay in this world?

  • ...
13
 196
 3,418

Epilogue

Epilogue

It’s over…

Lilith is gone forever, maybe she can finally rest in peace.

Though, it means we have to separate now…

Promy…

I’ll miss you Izzy…

I’ll miss you too Promy...and...forgive me for doubting the love that Private and Twilight share.

I can never ask you to forgive me for all I’ve done…

The road back from darkness is often more treacherous than the road towards it. But, I know we will all be together again soon.

Izzy…

Goodbye...Promy…

Goodbye...Izzy
_______________________________________________

Perspective: Private Eye

Twilight and I stepped out of the mirror. Sunset was strewn across Twilight’s back, whilst Spike was riding me. When we stepped out, the other Elements were awaiting us in the room. Twilight and I were immediately group hugged by Pinkie who shouted, “Yes! Private and Twilight are back!”

“Ya had us worried fer a while Sugarcube,” Aj said, smiling.

“It was amazing over there,” Twilight said, “I can’t wait to tell you all about it!”

“Hey!” Rainbow looked over Twilight’s shoulder and saw Shimmer. “What’s she doing here?”

“We brought her back so she wouldn’t interfere with the other world any longer,” Twilight explained.

“Is she okay?” Fluttershy asked.

I walked to Shimmer and put my hoof to her pulse. “She’s fine, just unconscious.”

“I will have a few words for her once she wakes up though,” Rarity glowered. “Nopony steals Twilight’s gorgeous crown an-” She paused and then was about to speak frantically, before seeing Twilight’s crown on her head. “Oh, and here I was about to panic again.”

“The crown doesn’t feel as weird as before,” Twilight said, looking up at it. “I guess, going in there helped out a little.”

“It just helped you realize what you knew all along.” I said. “That you are worthy of wings and a crown.”

“Oh Private.” She said with a smile.

“Ugh, get a room you two.” Spike said, rolling his eyes as she hopped off my back. Then, he walked to Rarity and pulled her into a hug. Rarity, not needing to know the reasons why, hugged him back. I was still glad those two stuck together.

“How long were we gone?” I asked.

“Bout two days sugarcube,” Aj said. “Celestia said you were goin’ to be gone longer.”

“But we didn’t believe it,” Rainbow said, smiling, “because if there’s one thing you can guarantee about Private and Twilight, it’s that they always seem to get things done.”

“I admire your dedication Rainbow,” A voice spoke up ahead.

We all looked on as Celestia, Luna, Voidera and Cadence all stood before us. Flash Sentry was also there. I got a twinge of jealousy from looking at him. But I couldn’t blame him for what his analog did. Celestia looked to the guard and said, “Take Sunset Shimmer to a room, make sure she’s comfortable.”

Flash nodded and walked over to us. Twilight used her magic to lift Shimmer from her back to his. He then looked at both of us and said, “Glad to see you two are okay.”

Twilight smiled and said, “Just take care of her.”

He nodded and walked out, Shimmer strewn on his back.

Cadence was about to go greet her sister in law, when Celestia held up a wing to stop her. I looked on Celestia in confusion as she walked over to me, looking at me like I was a child that spilled milk on the floor.

“What you did Private Eye, was incredibly reckless. Using your Element to force open the portal could’ve gotten you, Twilight, and all of us killed,” She said, her voice stern.

“Princess Celestia?” Twilight said, looking between us.

“I did it to save Twilight,” I said, looking at the sun princess.

“While the results are unquestionably good,” Celestia said, “it was still reckless and I hope you will take greater caution and listen to me in the future.”

“Aunt Tia…” Cadence tried to say.

“Cadence, please,” Celestia affirmed. Cadence looked anxiously at us, not wanting to pick sides in this fight. For either way, she’d go against her family.

I looked at Celestia and said, “I did, what you refused to do. I never gave up on Twilight.”

“Celestia?” Twilight said as she looked at her mentor.

Celestia closed her eyes and said, “I would’ve found a way. A far safer way of getting her out. The fact of the matter is Twilight, your love risked us all in trying to get you back. Had he failed, reality itself could’ve crashed and nopony would be standing here to tell the tale.”

Twilight looked conflicted, some of the Elements tried to say something, but I held up a hoof to stop them. Twilight then gave her mentor a firm look. “While Private’s method was rash, we can’t change what happened. I’m here, Sunset is here, and the world of the mirror is freed from an evil witch. I will not sit here and listen to you trying to punish Private for trying to bring me back.”

Celestia’s expression slowly, softened. She then said, “All I needed to hear.”

“What?” Twilight blinked.

“You stood up to Tia,” Voidera said. “The old Twilight would simply had blindly agreed with her. But, it seems your time in the other world has taught you a little independence, not to mention thoughts of your own.”

“While I cannot condone the methods used,” Celestia said, smiling warmly at Twilight. “I will not deny the gladness in my heart at seeing you both safe.”

Twilight and I smiled at her. Luna spoke up, “The mirror will be guarded from now on. We will make sure nopony steps hoof into the other world unless it is required.”

“It’s just good to be home,” Twilight said.

Pinkie suddenly pulled all of us elements plus Spike into a hug. “RETURN HOME FROM MIRROR WORLD PARTY!!!”

________________________________________________________

After a Pinkie Party the likes of which the Crystal Empire had never seen, Twilight and I found ourselves back in our room. We stood out at the balcony, looking towards the night sky. Twilight spoke up, “Private.”

“Yeah Twilight?” I asked.

“About Flash,” She said, her voice a little guilty.

“Twi,” I looked at her and said. “While, I’ll probably always have an urge to punch the guy in the face for dating you. I can’t take it out on this world’s Flash. The fact is we came together in the end, that’s all that mattered.”

She smiled and kissed me on the cheek. “Good, seems you are the jealous type after all,” she said with a smile.

“When I have you as my wife,” I said, “how can I not be jealous?”

She nuzzled me and said, “I’m, just glad you’re back here with me. Lilith tried to keep us apart, but in the end, we always find each other.”

I nuzzled her in turn and said, “It doesn’t matter how far you go Twilight, when you need me, I’ll always be there for you.”

I pulled her into a tender embrace. She wrapped her forelegs around me and said, “I will miss holding hands though. That was pretty nice.”

“I’ll miss computers,” I said. “You have no idea how much Google could’ve helped during cases.”

Twilight and I just laughed. Then, Twilight looked at me, her eyes half lidded. “So, my knight, you’ve saved the princess.”

My own eyes became half lidded as I got into it. “I only live to serve, milady.”

“Maybe you can serve me,” She said, and then stepped out of my embrace, walking towards the bed. Her tail flicked a little as she looked back at me. “Come to me my knight, your princess has need of you.”

I smiled, and then walked Twilight to bed. I love her more than anything in this world. I’m so glad to have her back here, with me.

I would travel a thousand worlds if it meant I could be with her.

_________________________________________________________

Perspective: Celestia

I watched as Sunset slept on the bed, her breathing even and soft. A wave of nostalgia came over me. Those nights when she’d put herself to sleep studying and I’d put her to bed. She always made a fuss over it, but now, she was so peaceful.

I looked over at my love Voidera as he stood beside me. “What has the healer determined?” I asked.

“It’s a magically induced coma,” Voidera said. “She’ll be out for a couple of days. She used a lot of energy in that other world. Even more so when Lilith got a hold of her.”

“I never thought that witch was the one inside the mirror,” I said, shaking my head. “If destroying it didn’t cause a rupture in space time then I’d would've smash it myself.”

“To think, she spent so long in that mirror,” Voidera said, looking to me. “Does she have any idea how long she’s been gone?”

“No,” I said. “Though, I can imagine it’ll be difficult to explain that almost two decades have passed.”

“Yet she hasn’t aged a day,” Voidera observed. “Lilith’s magic must’ve kept her alive. But for what purpose?”

“Lilith was never one for direct fighting,” I said. “The only reason I could think of for her luring Sunset in the first place, was so that she could get her out of the way for something.”

“She tried to do the same with Twilight,” He commented. “I wonder how many other ponies she lured in, with promises of power or freedom from responsibility.”

“We cannot know,” I said, shaking my head. “All we can hope for, is that when Shimmer wakes up, we’ll be able to pick up the pieces of her life.”

“Tia,” Voidera said, putting his muzzle to mine, “it isn’t your fault…”

“It is, my love,” I said, putting my muzzle to him as well. “I was so certain she was the one. I was so confident that I had our savior before me. Yet, I was wrong. I told her too early in her training what was possible, and for that, we all suffered for it.”

“Lilith is gone,” Voidera said, trying to comfort me. “Sunset is home, as is our students.”

“Yet, I always seem to hide away my problems for somepony else to fix. Even you were brought back thanks to Hope,” I said, walking to the balcony, looking on Luna’s night.

Voidera walked beside me, laid a wing over me and said, “Tia, the days have past when we are the strongest heroes. The ponies of Equestria have strength inside them the Alicorns never did. You only did what you knew how to do. With time, and experience you grew into the ruler you are today. But that doesn’t mean you haven’t made mistakes along the way. All leaders make calls they regret, but in the end, good always finds a way.”

I smiled and kissed my beloved on the cheek. I looked at him tenderly and said, “I do thank you, Voidera, for coming back.”

He gave his scoundrel smirk and said, “Somepony has to keep you from going crazy.”

“If you bring up anything related to bananas I will slap you silly!” I yelled, swatting him with my tail. “I was three! I didn’t know how much power I had! And I was a very mischievous child! Can you drop it?”

“Yes, if you keep slapping me…” He said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Come then, let me see about satisfying your need to drive me up the wall.”

With that, we left Sunset alone to rest. Oh Voidera, fifteen hundred years and I never did find a stallion like you.

____________________________________________________________

Perspective: Luna

I will admit, that Pinkie Pie can throw a get together for the ages. I do hope Tia didn’t try and have the cake ‘disappear’ all of a sudden. All is well! Private is back! Lilith is defeated and…

Twilight is back…

I was flying above the Crystal Empire, all of the crystal ponies have retired, save the guards and any ponies working late. I was initially saddened to see ponies sleeping during my night, but knowing that Las Pegasus never sleeps does help a little.

I came to roost on a spire, looking down at the city below. Twilight came back, I should be happy, she is my friend, and so is...Private.

Why is it I cannot even look at him without seeing Nocturne?

Perhaps...if Twilight had not returned…

No! I will not think these thoughts! Private and Twilight have said their vows! Twilight has gained her wings! There is no room to interfere! No need to interfere!

Yet...is Tia aware of what she’s placed on Twilight Sparkle? Little over half a year ago she was a simple unicorn. She has no concept of ruling a nation, caring for her subjects, or anything. She, is…

Completely unprepared. Tia, should’ve tried harder to keep Private away. She, shouldn’t have...let him go in…

Time in the Mirror would’ve allowed her to better prepare, have time to grow. We would’ve removed Lilith and made it so that she would live out those two and a half years in peace…

She would’ve been happy and...Tia would...need somepony else to lead...to help…

She would need...me…

What thoughts are these?! Tia is my sister! Twilight her student! She has passed every test placed before her! She’s become the first unicorn to ascend in millenia. She is ready for this!

But...if she had not returned...Private would’ve been distraught...hurt...seeking comfort...in somepony’s forelegs...mine…

Handsome...strong...so much like Nocturne...like my love...it would...be perfect….

Tia would’ve needed to rely on me...together Private and I...we’d...save Equestria...we’d stop what evil is coming...without need of Magic…

Then...even when Twilight came back...she’d find that Private had moved on...to me…

All...mine...my Nocturne reborn...together again...all ours…

I shook my head, what? Whatever were those thoughts? I would never think of something so slanderous! So evil! So…
Desirable…Private...Twilight has no idea...she’s a naive filly...she doesn’t deserve…

I shook my head again, maybe I should rest early tonight. All the moon pies may have gone to my head.

I would never betray Tia, Twilight, or Private like that...not again.

Comments ( 31 )

Wow...intense there at the end. Can't wait for the next case!

Oh dear, it seems that somepony is trying to take over Luna's mind, and their succeeding.

Oh boy, that voice at the end there could spell trouble.

"The pieces have been reset, and a new game is ready. When a new threat comes, the white king will ready. The pawn is ready to be moved."

Great ending as always can't wait for the next case. :twilightsmile:
But yeah that voice in Luna's mind . . . something big is coming.

Uh oh, somepony's targeting Luna. *thinks ahead to case 10*

Dat ending...:twilightoops:

Nightmare, wat are you doing? Nightmare, Stahp.

Okay, something's gotten into Luna. Remnants of the Miasma, maybe?

Glad everything is okay...but I don't like the idea of Nightmare Moon returning. Also, I really hoped you liked the ideas I gave you for the cases (you know, the one revolving around Spera, the one with Chrysalis and Potso, and Raiden). Also...just wondering, are Sombra and Prometheus brothers? I don't recall what's their relationship.

Luna! :flutterrage: Again!

Can't we go just five minutes without you getting possessed by some dark and evil force. Seriously, the Elements must feel like a bunch of maids.
:facehoof: I just tidied up here. Can we keep it clean for five minutes? :ajsleepy:

3391222Sombra is a descendent of Prometheus' son.

They just can't get a break, can they? Let's just hope Luna keeps some form of a rational mind with whatever's going on in her head...

*sigh* I've been suspecting that Luna was feeling that way about Private... wish I had been wrong. Looks like Luna's desires are going to be taken advantage of... AGAIN!!

love how celestia turned 'evil' for a short while just to prove the fact that twilight is ready now. not so sure if luna's thoughts possibly going "nightmare" is a good thing. guess spera's master might have a hand...hoof in that possibly.

i liked this one, probably should go back and read the other one that i should have.

Comment posted by NocturneD85 deleted Oct 25th, 2013

3397604Confound these typos...they drive me to drink :ajsleepy:

3393293

I'm about to say something really brash, perverted, and possibly unneccessary, so please forgive me for this, it's been in my mind the whole time of this entire universe:

:flutterrage::flutterrage:WILL SOMEPONY PLEASE GIVE LUNA A BOYFRIEND/HUSBAND/FUCKBUDDY ALREADY??!?! WE ALL KNOW THAT DESPITE HER BEST EFFORTS, LUNA IS STILL ENVIOUS OF WHAT APPARENTLY EVERYPONY ELSE HAS!!!!! FOR EQUIS' SAKE, GIVE THE POOR GIRL A DAMN BONE!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage:

Again, I apologize for the sudden mini-rant. It's just that going all the way back from season 1 of this wonderful journey, it seems that everypony has, for one way or another, gotten their happy ending--Private gets his broken heart warmed and repaired with love from his loving wife Twilight, Celestia gets her boyfriend back in the dragicorn Voidera, Rainbow gets her shot at the Wonderbolts, Flutters gets her husband, hell even Spike and Rarity going steady after who knows how long. Even the huge villians, specifically Sombra and King Lunard, have gotten their resolution and closure.

But apparently not Luna. She has actually seen her love in another life (I assume), and she had have her issues of depression and what not. I just would like to have a bit of a happy ending for her. Maybe it would permanently expulse all those feelings and emotions of resentment she has deep down.

Oh well, on to the next story of Private Eye!!! :raritywink:

3446059 The chess quotes I come up with. The other ones come from the RPG game, Persona.

I just realiszed, if both Twilight and Private are descendants of Prometheus and Izanami, then wouldn't their love be considered incest?

3480345Technically aren't we all commiting incest since we're all descended from Adam and Eve?

3480355 Ah, but that depends on what you follow. I, for one, think that we all evolved from whatever it is things evolve from. (I think it was some sort of fish)

3480376Yet how does a fish become a...I'm not going to start an argument here

3480382 Good thinking. I was going to put that at the end of my comment, but I sort of forgot.

This Story was Awesome. I can't wait for the next one. I am worried about Luna and those NIGHTMARE THOUGHTS. Best of luck

3391868 that incredibles reference:rainbowlaugh:

THE MOTHER BUCKING FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4453307 *Grabs Broom* BACK! Back I say!

I have returned after so long of not having kept up with the series!!!! Did anyone miss me?

Comment posted by Metal Hoof deleted Jul 31st, 2014
Login or register to comment