• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 768 Views, 8 Comments

If you're reading this... - That Pegasus Over There



The last words of a Pegasus as the Changelings begin their invasion

  • ...
0
 8
 768

Fin.

Well... We bucked up pretty bad this time.

"Oh my... Celestia have mercy."

"You have to be feathering me."

"NO!"

"..."

That was what they all shouted. That fateful day. The day we killed Princess Celestia. I came to Saccharine Shores on vacation. It was supposed to be a beautiful resort on the coast of Equestria, which it was. Who wouldn't have wanted to go? The few weeks out of the year I get guard duty off I'm practically damned to Tartarus for using them!

I should probably start with who I am. My name is Night Air. I'm a Lunar Guard who watches glorious night under Luna. Every year I have the same two weeks off. One in the summer and one in winter. This year Celestia just so happened to take an unexpected vacation during the same week. How convenient.

The ponies at Saccharine were great. The changelings weren't. They're here, among the ponies. And if you are reading this, then I am dead.

The fall of wonderful Saccharine Shores came within two weeks of a storm trapping everypony there. Ground-bound ponies couldn't walk away because the flooding was terrible; and Pegasi couldn't fly away because the winds were too strong. Perfect. My first thoughts? "Well, Luna's gonna be pretty miffed about this." the storm was the least of our worries.

The first night of the storm, we found somepony drained of magic in the pool (to this day I still don't know her name). Someone knew what It meant, and then we knew changelings were among us.

For a long time we sat around the lobby of the resort telling of what each one of us thought best. Everypony was very cautious at what they said, for fear of being targeted. A orange filly with a magenta mane jokingly said we should all introduce ourselves. Then a white unicorn in a black robe (presumably from the spa) said that he was a doctor. I told everypony that I was from Canterlot on vacation from my guard duties. Another pony chimed in and said they were just on vacation. Celestia didn't know why she was there.

Somepony shouted at us that we were fools to let the changelings know who we are. I think it was the red earth pony, but I can't be sure. That doctor and I became close allies as the nights drew on. We shared a room and passed notes between each other as to not give any of the changelings a chance to hear us. He stuck it out with me until a the very end.

Oh Luna! I feel disgusted with myself now. Over the course of these last two weeks I was visited by beautiful mares three times that prevented me from watching over my ally. I deserve to go to Tartarus if not for aiding in the death of Celestia, than for that. I abandoned my post for three nights of sex with mare I didn't even know!

Oh, did I mention we killed Celestia? Turns out she had amnesia. I still feel sick for doing it. Turns out she wasn't immortal after all...

That first night? Luna, we lost two good ponies that day and every day following. Oh those ponies. They died without a fight. I feel bad for them, but not as bad as the ponies I helped kill. How many did we put to death? In the name of democracy! We hanged, we bashed, and we threw them out to drown amongst the waves. Maybe it's good I'm dying...

Death. Its a funny thing ain't it? What is it exactly? Is it the opposite of life, or the absence of it? And what comes afterward? I dunno, but I'll be finding out in a few minutes, just like the dear Doctor did. He was a good pony. Died of a paper cut a few minutes ago in the bathroom. I didn't think anything of the long time he took in there until I heard his deceased corpse hit the floor when I barged in to see what had happened. He was dead when I got there. We were all dead the minute that storm rolled in.

At this point in the note, you'd probably expect some kind of list of things I want done after my death, right?
Three things:

1. Burn my body.

2. Play Taps at my funeral.

3. Kill those damn bugs

They're almost here.
Well, it has been great being among the living, but I'm not going to give those bugs the satisfaction of killing me.

So, it is with a heavy heart, I say this small summery:

I'm sorry my fellow ponies, I have failed you.
The changelings outnumber us, and I will not grant them the honor of killing me.
I am taking my life so that my name will not be besmirched more than it already has.
I am committing sepuku.
Saccharine Shores has fallen.
I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I have failed everyone.
Whoever reads this, play Taps for me. Someone burn my body, please.
Ad Majorem Lunae Gloriam,
Your Lunar Guard,
Night Air.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Ad Majorem Lunae Gloriam. That's all." Fluttershy said as she put the suicide note back on the floor. The gray pegasus still holding a knife with his innards on the floor next to him. The doctor was dead in the bathroom. A cut on his left hoof and blood covering the floor. It would appear that he had cut an artery and slowly bled to death. His robe was neatly hanging on a hanger outside.

"Aww damn it. I was looking forward to draining him. Come along, Fluttershy. There's work to be done."

Fluttershy had thought she had put the days of being a hybrid behind her. Half pony and half changeling. That's the reason she lived so far away from town, so nopony could figure out her true secret. He friends would surely find out now. She had integrated into society well and didn't mind living a little further away than everypony else. This was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, but she just happened to be at wrong resort at the wrong time. Life is funny like that.

"I would have stood with you two you know. We could have.. umm... stopped her."
Fluttershy whispered to the corpses of the last two ponies to be alive in Saccharine Shores. Talking to the dead bodies of her once friends gave her some closure. After thinking for a long while, she concluded that they were scared of her. They were scared of what could be.

Fluttershy looked to the mirror of the bathroom and gazed upon her hybrid form. She noticed something she and the new queen missed before. It was the doctor's note. Written in blood next to him was his final words:

you'll never take me alive

"So they were scared." She whispered to herself.

"Come on, Flutters! We have an army to raise."

"Y-yes my queen!"

"Fluttershy?"

"Y-yes?"

"Why did you join me?"

"I-I... I didn't want to die!" Fluttershy hesitantly said. She started sobbing for the ponies now dead because of her actions.

"Yes. And now, you won't. But let this serve as a lesson. Never desert the hive again!"

"Yes."

"Good. Now stop crying for those worthless idiots."

The Queen and hybrid left the room and began preparations for their upcoming army.

"There's going to be a war, and we'll be the victors."

Author's Note:

Happy Halloween!
Made for the group Changeling Panic!
Based off of game 4 if anyone actually wants to go and read through it.

Comments ( 8 )

Nice work, my friend :twilightsmile:

Very intriguing.:moustache:

finally got to reading this!
funny thing is, I read through that ENTIRE GAME just before joining my first. it helped me start:twilightsmile:

3815676 And now you know how it ended and why I feel the need to actually win a game. I have yet to win one since joining the group, and I was so close in this one. :facehoof:

3815828 I feel ya. although I've won twice, I could have easily made that three. if only I didn't have a soft spot for sob stories:fluttercry:

3819901 This game was directly my fault though. :ajsleepy:

3819914 I know, same here. because I listened to graze, I got 4 of us killed on the same day

Login or register to comment