• Published 19th Sep 2013
  • 1,094 Views, 153 Comments

Schoolhouse Shenanigans! - Dragonborne Fox



Humans and ponies--as well as everything else--are living together in utmost, perfect harmony. Many even share the same schoolhouse. And this is where five children of odd pairings start their tale...

  • ...
6
 153
 1,094

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter IX- Royal Court

"S-Say what?!" Mr. Rhodes' jaw proceeded to drop, make a full circle across the globe after somehow phasing though the center and other side of said globe and landed with a clang on top of his head.

"Yeah... Natalie....hasn't taken it as well as we have. Then again, just remembering a horrid childhood memory has its effects, I suppose." Anna grimly shook her head, her expression grave with a hint of despair. "It hurt her real bad that people she loved were taken from her and...what she wound up doing in return."

"Vengeance is a dish best served cold..." Matt quoted.

"So, I have found out the bullies belong to that tribe." Miss Cherilee sighed.

"Huh?!" Lance's eyes widened. He looked like a furry humanoid mosquito now, and who was to blame him? He was still in beast form, the only thing aside from his mane making him recognizable was the Nazi hat.

"Well, that explains everything!" Blake chimed.

"We'll have to go to court as well, it seems." The vice principle, a woman with grey hair, pink irises and an outfit reminiscent of a nun, sighed. Her name was Sister Emily.

"At least there shouldn't be any complications, especially since Legion has been defeated." Mayor Mare sighed with a shake of her head.

"Like I said: Can't wait for Celestia to banish them if Fen-Fen doesn't jump them first." Katie repeated.

"I can see why he's been angry enough to warrant breaking the Valkyrie." Lance stated with a nod, causing the hat to shift downward slightly. With a flick of a clawed hand the hat was fixed into proper position.

"I would really hate it if GodCat got into this... who knows which avatar would do what then." Blake chimed, shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"How many witnesses does that make now?" Iron Will asked as he stepped in from the kitchen.

"I dunno. A lot." Katie answered.

"When's the court date?" Asked Azure.

"Two days if we travel by foot, immediately if we use Lance's teleportation hax. And then we get interrogated." Coryza answered.

"In any case, why the heck not?" Everyone else agreed.

"Let's just wait on Natz and Fen-Fen to calm down." Katie pointed out.

"The tribe better be praying Phoenix Wright didn't take their case." Lance snorted, "Let alone Miles Edgeworth."

"I vote that Franziska von Karma shows up." Blake commented.

TIME SKIP, because who says there is no such thing?!

"Citizens of Equestria!!" Celestia and Luna bellowed to appease the peanut gallery of the court room that is known as the jury, "Calm thy conversations! We understand that this issue has only been made known in the past month, and have expected such controversy! But there shall be no slander of any kind! Have we made ourselves perfectly clear?"

The jury nodded. Strangely enough, both avatars of GodCat were in it as well.

The party and their children were in the first and second rows of the gallery attending the court case befittingly called Valleywood vs. The Wandering Heroes.

The whole tribe had the defendant's table to themselves with Isabella at the front. She stared at the sisters in bizarre wonder. Just what were they going to do? Perhaps the tribe would get leeway regardless of what the bringers of the village ruin had to say about it.

"Celestia, who should we call first?" Princess Cadence asked.

"That's up to the defense attorney." Celestia answered, pointing to a pony with a magenta coat and a dark red mane. On her flank was a scale like the one the ancient Egyptians used, and it had a feather on one side and a valentine's heart on the other. Her sterling silver eyes darted to and fro, as if she were nervous.

The prosecution was a tall man, around 5'10'' or more. He had black hair that was greying, and it was trimmed so low ponies looked hairier than he. He had a set of shades on and a cane in his hand, indicating he was blind. His other senses were sharpened, however.

"Rightful Scale!" Luna bellowed, causing the defense to look at her. "Call your first witness!"

"Y-Yes, Princess... I call Isabella to the stand!" Scale replied, her voice sounding like a nervous wreck worse than a sobbing Natalie.

The crone slowly hobbled to the stand, her cane colliding loudly with the ground.

'I am older than she is and she's slower than me? Does she have arthritis or something?' Katie thought with a silent sigh.

By the time Lance read the whole newspaper back to front the crone was on the stand.

"Witness, state your name." Sighed the prosecution.

"My name has already been stated when I was called. But if you insist, my name is Isabella. Nobody in the tribe has a last name, so don't bother asking for it." Replied the crone.

The prosecution nodded.

"Please testify about what exactly happened during the 'Valleywood Tragedy' based on how you saw it." Scale sighed.

Isabella cleared her throat after having a coughing fit. Loud and clear this came out of her mouth:

"Alright, as all of the people in here are aware of, we have a very strict lifestyle when it concerns personal matters. We also have a legend that states ruin will be brought to the village when one of two things happen. One, villagers marry outsiders and live with said outsiders or two, a poor choice of sacrifice is offered to our God. The first of the two happened precisely four times--all of which were simultaneous. Now, when we first found out about it went something like this, and I hope you do not mind my rambling.

Ahem, a woman of our village was destined to marry her cousin. She complained about it quite a lot, and we all told her to deal with it. She ran into the forest for a day and showed up so suddenly...with an unusual love for this cousin. We thought it all strange, but we assumed she took some time to think about it and didn't pay it any mind. They were married and did what married couples always do at some point in time. When she gave birth to a little boy, one fox tail was exposed--and we knew something was wrong. She took the boy and fled, not saving her mate seeing as we already burned him for adultery. We had not seen her since.

Then, a pair of siblings--a man and a woman--fled shortly after. We had a difficult time finding them, I ask you why else would it take a few years to do so! When we found the true woman who disliked her cousin, she was married to a red-head heathen. She told me she entered a deal with the fox a few years prior. We simply got rid of the traitor and her heathen husband on the spot and left. It was there we had also found the siblings, their heathen spouses, and their children. We dragged them to the village to be burned. Then I heard a shout and turned around.

A red-haired girl was nigh-blue in the face from falsified sorrow. She pointed at me and was screaming all sorts of complex gibberish which, at the time, I didn't understand so clearly. The two children brought to the village fled, their parents already gone. The green-haired girl carried a bundle, though I didn't know what it was. The girl was surrounded by fire which didn't hurt her, and soon a thunderous hailstorm attacked the village.

Valleywood burned before the eyes of the tribe, and all of them fled except I. I dared ask the girl why flames of the abyss and weather of the cursed came at the sound of her voice. She ran away, and I never saw her again for the next thirty years, nor did I see the others."

"So much for trying to be innocent." The prosecutor scoffed. "You blatantly admitted to starting the whole Tragedy yourself!"

"I agree." Scale admitted with a hiss.

Isabella's face went white with shock.

GodCat's white half stood up. "It is too late to right your mistake."

"Salvation won't be granted for the pitiful fools who had to follow everything. I truly feel sorry for your kind, as they most likely will have to suffer because of your own errors." The dark half chimed. "Celestia, what is your judgement?"

Celestia was more than fumed now, and Lance could smell that anger.

"I shall spare the tribe on the grounds that they no longer follow the strict lifestyle forced upon them at such a young age! Isabella, however, is to be petrified for all eternity!" Celestia bellowed in such a loud voice it made Katie look quiet.

"P-Petrified...?!" Asked the crone.

"Much like Discord. The Grim Reaper would be much too kind for you." Luna added, shaking her head. "Court is adjourned!"

Two Royal Guards took Isabella away while everyone else left. Along the way home, GodCat's avatars stopped the party.

"We are truly sorry that happened all those years ago." Said the white half.

"Humans suffering as much as cats...frankly, until then, I would never have guessed. Advanced nature, perhaps?" Asked the dark half.

"Mommy, what did the Princesses talk about?" Asked Alexis. She and the other children had really loud MP3's with earbuds and that was permitted by Celestia herself.

"A lot of things you do not need to know about until I am 60," Natalie answered.

'At least it's been taken care of, seeing that old, heartless, walking pile of cobwebs get what she deserved.' Lance thought.

"I can't stand seeing my family in pain. It makes me so....." Fenrir started.

"Voracious for justice?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, that."

"Oi, next week is Nightmare Night week, right?" Blake sighed.

"WE COMPLETELY FORGOT!" Matt and Coryza shouted in unison, jaws hanging open.

PreviousChapters Next