• Published 19th Sep 2013
  • 1,094 Views, 153 Comments

Schoolhouse Shenanigans! - Dragonborne Fox



Humans and ponies--as well as everything else--are living together in utmost, perfect harmony. Many even share the same schoolhouse. And this is where five children of odd pairings start their tale...

  • ...
6
 153
 1,094

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XXX- Surprise!!

Nick and the other children were about to go past the newly-installed gates of the house when they saw Natalie tending to the garden in place of Anna, which was very odd. She was even in gardening clothes and was surprisingly good at the profession herself. She only stopped to look at the children, and her hair was a soaking wet mess despite the big braid that took up a good length of her backside. Some strands were loose, her gloves were obviously dirty, and her face was red. The unrelenting heat of summer made this more evident.

"Mom, why are you tending to the garden?" Alexis asked, shifting her parasol slightly.

"Well, Anna's found herself at the hospital again. She should be back before dark, though." Natalie answered, taking the hat off her head and wiping her forehead with her arm. How long had she been out here, for GodCat's sake?!

"Is she--" Nick started.

"She'll be fine." Natalie groaned as she opened the gates and ushered the children towards the house before closing said gates and following the kids inside.

"Uncle Matt!" Nick suddenly bellowed as he tackled the swordsman. The impact was so hard both found themselves rolling up the stairs and into the bathroom....only for Katie to scream and toss both of them out using her nine tails, which were covered in soap suds. Yes, the kitsune was having a bath. Both then landed a few inches from the first step on their feet, much to everyone's surprise.

"Good gracious, you're getting as strong as I am! Chill with the flying hugs!" Matt shouted in glee. "What's up?"

"The project went great!" The twins cried, both having a volcano made of brimstone on their backs. Given they were emptied of their contents, they were lightweight.

"We can see that." Lance jeered with a cat's grin. "Welp, how's the grades rolling in?"

"All A's and B's," Alexis replied as if she'd been studying for one million years straight.

"That's good to hear." Fenrir sighed with a toothy grin.

"When's the bathtub available?" Natalie asked.

"Next year!" Katie shouted in response as she shut the door to the bathroom.

"Okay, then." Natalie huffed with a sigh.

Somepony began knocking on the door, and Coryza answered it because Natalie was literally too dirty right now. Opening said door, she saw a pegasus mare with grey pelt, blond mane, and golden eyes that were...criss-crossed in such a way one eye pointed up and the other pointed down. On her body she had a saddlebag loaded to the brim with mail, and there was a complimentary hat on her head.

"Hey, um..." Coryza sighed, her eyes white.

"Name's Ditzy Doo. I have important letters for...uh....an...Anna, I guess?" Sighed the mailmare.

"Give them to me so I can put them on her desk. She's not here at the moment." Coryza sighed, taking the...two dozen letters and brown packaging box as she promised. Ditzy then left, flying rather clumsily over the gate harmlessly.

"How much mail did we get now?" Lance asked, confused.

"Twenty-three items in total, ninety-nine percent of which is envelopes." Coryza answered, her tone of voice hinting quite clearly that she was in fact annoyed with something.

Lance's eyes nearly doubled in size from such shock. He was hoping they weren't overdue bills in need of payment. That meant the government trying to make him broke since all the bills were already paid off for the month. The package didn't concern him at all, in fact!

Anna walked in from the front door and she was...wheeling her younger sister Sarah into the living room. Sarah had...a bundle in her arms and she was in a hospital gown. What's more, a unicorn stallion trotted alongside the duo, and there was a ring just above his right hoof. He had a blue pelt and cerulean mane and tail. His eyes were as green--or perhaps greener--than Sarah's own hair, and on his flank was a bush adorned with sky-blue flowers. Anna put her fingers to her mouth and whistled, catching everyone's immediate attention. When they saw Sarah and her bundle, they couldn't believe it.

"I came to visit my sister today, but I didn't know I was due. Nobody tells me these things until they happen." Sarah sighed with a faint smile creeping upon the corners of her mouth. "I was rushed to the Ponyville Hospital and helped bring this little guy into the world."

"I wanna see!" Nick shouted, jumping up and down like a hyperactive looney. He ran towards his aunt and looked at the face that remained uncovered by the blanket. It was...a unicorn colt with a darker shade of blue and a light blue-green mane that was leaning closer towards the blue. His little hornbud poked no more than a centimeter at best. The colt's green eyes widened at this new face looming over him, and he raised a hoof to try to poke it whilst giggling in such a fashion even the most cold-hearted of all would drop dead in cuteness overload.

"How did you have a pony?" Nick pointed out as he tickled the colt's nose.

"I married one while I was still up in Canterlot." Sarah replied, pointing to the stallion in the room. "That's how."

Lance's jaw dropped. Sarah...cross-bred with...? He was praying Matt didn't intend on doing the same.

"Name's Floral Bouquet. I know, sounds...girly. But I put up with it after I got my cutie mark," Sighed the stallion as he sat on his haunches.

"How'd ya swoon my sister?" Anna asked with a laugh.

"Really long story." Floral replied, shaking his head with a blush on his face.

"Anna, you have a LOT of mail. It's all on your desk, so go open it all before the Beholder eats it." Coryza stated.

PreviousChapters Next