• Published 19th Sep 2013
  • 1,094 Views, 153 Comments

Schoolhouse Shenanigans! - Dragonborne Fox



Humans and ponies--as well as everything else--are living together in utmost, perfect harmony. Many even share the same schoolhouse. And this is where five children of odd pairings start their tale...

  • ...
6
 153
 1,094

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter X- Candy Sorting!!

"Look, mommy!" Alexis cried, holding a whole sack of candy on her back. She was dressed like a mini-Satan. "I got lots of candy!"

"So did we!" Wing and Fang cried in unison, both having to share a bag. They were mummy-wolves.

"I wanna eat it all now!" Nick, who was dressed as a vampire, called out. Who wouldn't want to eat a whole sack of candy?

Katie smiled as she piloted the Valkyrie homewards. "I understand that you want to eat it all up right here and now, but you have to wait until tomorrow. We don't know which bits of candy have something bad like poison in them, and nobody wants to get sick from a sugary sweet. Understood?"

The children nodded.

TIME SKIP, because screw logic!!

The parents had two batches of candy in bowls. One was labeled 'safe' and the other 'bad.' They were then divided into more bowls for the respective child. They did one sack at a time, and it was mildly time-consuming.

They used scent (via Fenrir) to detect any unusual smells and Katie's keen eye to detect something wrong with the wrapper, like said wrapper already being open or the wrapper is different than what should be necessary altogether. To make extra-sure nothing was wrong at all, Lance built a candy-checking machine specifically for this purpose. Any rejects were automatically put into the bad bowl, but thankfully, there were no bad morsels to be had in any of the sacks.

"This is their first Nightmare Night and already there are no bad apples." Anna sighed in relief, laying on the couch because her whole torso hurt.

One of Lance's man-maids was busy tending to Natalie's baby because she was on the floor out cold. (In case you were wondering, the child belonged to Matt and was a little boy. Yes, Matt technically has his own harem. Shut it.)

The child began crying because neither parent was there to soothe him, and he didn't take too kindly to strange people. Blake, who was the only one who wasn't tired, picked the child up and soothed him in two seconds.

TIME SKIP AGAIN, because screw sanity!

"You got a whole sack of candy, Alexis?!" Cried one of the former bullies in shock, "How is that even possible?!"

"Blame Mommy and Daddy." Alexis answered with a cat's grin on her face.

"You shared one sack of candy?!" Shouted a little blond girl, who was pointing at the twins accusingly.

They wrapped an arm around each other and shared toothy grins. "Big brother Lance helped us!" They admitted.

"LANCE?!" Shouted all the so-called normal children in unison. The twins nodded, their smiles unwavering.

Mr. Rhodes walked in, his grey hair accompanied by a slight beard. "Alright, children, calm down please."

The children and foals sat in their assigned seats, and all fell silent.

"How was everyone doing?" Mr. Rhodes asked, his greenish-brown eyes hidden behind clear glasses.

"Good." The class replied, all nodding in unison.

"I think we'll do a project this week! How's that sound?" Asked the teacher with a grin.

The children and foals jumped up and cheered. At least, until Mr. Rhodes spoke again.

"Well, this project will be a doozy: show us your special talent by Friday! It will be hosted in the playground and magic can be involved if needed."

Nick, the twins, and Alexis immediately deadpanned in horror. Their parents forbade them to use magic--no ifs, ands, or buts lest another Akron-related incident occurred. How would they react to this? Surely, they'd find solace in some other talent, but weapons would be involved and as everyone knows weapons aren't allowed in school.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"SAY WHAT?!" Natalie shrieked in horror, color fleeing from her body and her hair standing on end as her very soul escaped from her.

"B-But Mr. Rhodes said we could if it was needed, he didn't say we had to!" Alexis caterwauled.

Natalie let off a sigh of relief, wiping sweat off of her forehead with an arm. Her color returned shortly after.

"And it's due when?" Anna asked, arms crossed and tapping her foot with an annoyed look on her face.

"Friday." Nick deadpanned with a frown.

"I don't think we have a choice anymore..." Katie sighed, shaking her head sadly. "We'll end up having to teach them. I mean, the foals in that classroom mostly consist of unicorns. Who's to say they won't be envied by our kids?"

"Point taken." Matt agreed. "That and the self-defense issue."

"Cannot believe I... well, things happen." Lance choked.

"At least we remembered now. At any rate, what the hay? Let's do it!" Fenrir chimed.

Blake could only chuckle, but it quickly fleeted and was replaced with concern. His little girl was only a quarter-demon, and he worried she would not be able to contain--let alone control--her powers should they be present.

Coryza was busy listening. She stepped into the room and nodded. "It has to be done at some point--the sooner, the better. We all are in this together. Should we be not present when, say, another Akron shows up, who will fix it then in our place?"

The rest of the party looked at her, then exchanged glances with one another.

A long silence.

At last, Katie spoke. "Cory has made a very good point. Who will be there to save the world if we're dead? I think the Mane Six will be finding themselves asking that same question in a few years' time."

Natalie stood up. "I am going to hate myself now for saying this--but the ban on our abilities has been officially removed on the grounds they not be used needlessly or in situations that aren't dire!"

"Tandem videbimus nisi ut salva sit virtutis opus! Id hac re ignis, grando, nec minis caelum fulmen." Katie agreed.

"Latin sure is an old language. Good thing I understood every word." Blake nodded.

PreviousChapters Next