• Published 20th Sep 2013
  • 392 Views, 5 Comments

Ice and Shadow - ChronicleStone



Sky Streak travels to Equestria's northern boundaries to disperse a powerful blizzard, but finds himself facing an army of Equestria's oldest foes. But are they all merely pawns in a much more sinister plot? Arc 2 of the Sky Streak Saga.

  • ...
 5
 392

Epilogue

Journal entry, dated March 26:

“Let me start off by saying “whew.” I should have been prepared for times like this, but I wasn’t. Not even close.

“First off, there’s Lily. After our date, she stayed in Polarmino, and I came back to Canterlot. I promised that I’d come see her again, as soon as I could. It’s funny; I’m making all sorts of promises to go see my friends and family as soon as possible. I’m not sure who I’ll end up visiting first.

“Anyways, she really is an amazing pony. And not just because she saved my life and the lives of all of King Icevein’s windigoes. She just has a calm, pleasant, and charming personality. I tend to believe that it’s not mere chance that took her to Polarmino. Her calming magic will certainly help protect the colony from any aggression by the windigoes. She may not think so, but I believe that she’s one of the most important ponies in that town. Without her, Polarmino might not be there anymore.

“But she’s just as important to me, too. I mean, sure, I like her. And I guess it’s not unfair to say that we’re a couple now. But she keeps me in check. When my temper gets out of hand and my aggression becomes overbearing, she’s there to pull me back from the brink. I don’t always appreciate it in the heat of the moment, but I see now that her level-headedness is her strength. And it’s good that she has that, because I sure don’t have much self-control. I guess it just goes to show that what everyone’s been telling me is true: no one pony can do everything.

“Then there’s the issue of the Grains and the Clocks. Even thinking about them makes my hoof shake. Sorry if this becomes unreadable. But I just can’t get their faces out of my head. When I had to tell them that we couldn’t save their grandfathers...it was gut-wrenching. I had to rip hope from them and replace it with sorrow. I’ve never hated myself more than I did right then. I’m a member of the Service of the Equestrian Crown! I’m not supposed to fail! So why did I?

“Sorry. Lost my head for a moment. Normally, Lily would have taken care of that for me. But it doesn’t change the truth. Those two families have been robbed of their leaders, and to me, that is unacceptable. The Chimera will pay for that. And if I can’t save Grandpa Grain and Grandfather Clock, I’ll make sure that the Chimera hears their names as it takes its last breath.

“The Chimera. I can’t help but believe that its fate and mine are connected. I’ve met it twice, it’s got a grudge against me, and now, I’ve got a personal reason to hunt it. It seems that every time I meet it, I learn something new about it. And I also get a new reason to hate it even more. And if it believes that it’s battled me at my best, it’s got another thing coming.

“The meeting with the Council wasn’t too pleasant. Twilight, Spike, and Applejack were there, so now they know all about how my mission went. They all tried to be supportive and kind. Applejack even invited me to a get-together of sorts later this week. And I’ll go, because I haven’t seen the girls in a few months, and I’d like to catch up. But I think even they will have a hard time getting me to think about something other than that ugly beast and the atrocities it’s done.

“The Council has taken measures to protect Canterlot from the Chimera, and Captain Shining Armor has mobilized various divisions of the royal guards to be on the lookout for the monster throughout Equestria. The members of the Council were all…distraught, maybe…when I told them about how the Chimera had taken the bodies of ponies. They were concerned before, of course, but I think they’re really worried now. Which makes me worried, too.

“Wow…this became quite a long entry, didn’t it? Guess I had a lot on my mind. I’ll take it easy on the next few.

“I miss you, Cinnamint. Tell mom and dad that I love them, too. Hopefully, I’ll see you soon.”

~ Sky Streak

Comments ( 3 )

Will King Sombra be appearing in this story?

Have you ever considered submitting this story to Equestria Daily? You can find out how to do so here.

Wow, EQD? Never really thought about it. I'm grateful for the compliment, though...what makes you think it's good enough to submit there?

Oh, and no, Sombra doesn't get any screen (or page) time here. Poor guy can't cut a break. He's the main villain in the season 3 premiere, and has about 3 more lines in all of that than a story in which he has no bearing. That's one rough existence.

Thanks for the comment! :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment