• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 574 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 574

the starting line/getting aquanted part 3

I awoke with a start remembering where I had to be today.
hopefully Fluttershy is awake now I thought.

I quietly and quickly made my way into Fluttershys' room. First thing I noted she was still asleep. So not to wake her so suddenly I whistled a slow passed melody to try to wake her up. Witch took about ten minuets.

"Huh, where am I?" Fluttershy said drowsily.

"Your home," I said in a calming manner, "Now if I remember correctly i need to go to twilight's house then race Rainbow Dash in the afternoon and prove to you the arctic still has some life left in it. Oh, before I forget, take this." I said giving her an apple.

"I completely forgot we got to get..."

"Slow down," I said cutting her off, "we still have time, the arctic cat can move pretty fast."

"You mean.."

"Just follow me," I said getting the arctic outside.

"O-ok." she said.

"What a calming sound," I said starting up the arctic.

"eep"

"Don't worry The arctic is still as calm as.... your rabbit angel"

"O-o-ok" she said shyer than usual.

"Now you will need to give me directions so hop on" I said getting on myself to show there was no danger.

"Ok" she seemed calmed down enough to get on.

"I'll take it slow so you won't fall so just stay calm."

It took about two minuets to get there but it was faster than walking. When we came to a stop fluttershy quickly got off and got re-antiquated with the ground and losing her balance quickly tumbling back to the arctic.

"What in Celestias' name is that noise" came a voice within the tree house/hut/library.

"Don't worry it is just the arctic cat, fluttershy and, myself, D"

At the sound of my nickname Twilight opened the door seeming a bit curios.

"What is an arctic cat?" She bluntly asked.

Being slightly caught off guard by the question but still showing no physical sign of it, "The machine behind me," I answered just as bluntly, "It is the same as a prosthetic pair of legs. The only difference is it goes about mock 2."

"Well come on in. I will have some more questions once we are inside" twilight said.

"As long as I can make it to the whitetail woods this afternoon, I'm in."

"Um I forgot to feed my animals i'll be right back," Fluttershy said.

"Take your time we both have until the afternoon," I said as she walked out the door.

We went into what I would call a crude version of a living room with a personal collection of notebooks and journals of all kinds, ranging to crystal cakes to the history of Equestria.

"I take it you really like knowledge, mostly in the form of a book." I said glancing around the room, "If it weren't for the doors I wouldn't be able to tell this room apart from the library."

" Yes, I do like books, but I have some questions for you like I said."

"Then please, ask away."

For the first hour was simmalar to that of an interview for a job, followed about the technology and its advantages where I came from. But the last of the questions caught me off guard the most. It was about my past.



"So what was your past like," twilight asked still taking notes

"I don't like to talk about my past. There is just..." I started to slip my calm demeanor I held through the bombardment of questions.

"Say what time is it," I rebounded trying to regain myself.

"It is 11:30 why?"

"I have a big race at the whitetail woods. Maybe afterwords I can tell you about my past." Trying to change the subjet as i walked to the main library, "And she is," I started as a knock was heard on the door, "Here," I sang pogressing up the concert F scale, and opening the the door with fluttershy walking in.

"To the whitetail woods, You want to come Twilight," I offered, "I'm racing Rainbow Dash, if you know her,"

"Sure, I want to see how the Arctic works," Twilight stated.

"Then you are in for a surprise."

With that said I jumped onto the arctic starting it. "All the same this sound still calms me."

Both Fluttershy and twilight jumped at the sound of the arctic starting put once it started to purr they calmed down.

"What was that?" Twilight asked.

"That is the arctic cats' starting noise," I said, "Now directions so hop on."

Fluttershy was last to get on but she got on Twilight was only slightly braver but still got on just as slow as Fluttershy. It took about ten minutes getting to the whitetail woods which we were early by ten minutes but rainbow dash met us at the starting line with two other that I didn't recognize. They were both wide-eyed and jaw dropped at ether at my height or the arctic.

"Didn't expect to see you here so early," we seemed to say in unison.

All of a sudden a pink blur flue right at me just in time for me moving forward two feet, except the blur still hit me on one of my broke ribs knocking me to the ground.

" I forgive you for what you did three days ago, but... oh my gosh you still haven't had a welcome to ponyvill party." she said with words and syllable running together talking faster then my arctic can run. "I'll be watching your race then i am going to plan the party." she finished running to a hot air balloon.

"She does know the race isn't for another ten minutes right?" I questioned myself.

"Don't try to figure Pinkie out. It drove me a little crazy." Twilight said.

"Alright," I said turning to the face I haven't put a name to, "I believe we haven't met before, I am Dylan, my friends just call me D." But with saying these words I was Face to face with a beautiful white mare with her purple mane perfectly curled to give it a spring like attitude.

"I am Rarity, nice to meet you darling," she said, "but, your attire is dreadful yet," referring to my torn blue jeans and bandages for a shirt combo, "it matches you perfectly. How do you do it."

"What are you you talking about, it makes him look tough," Rainbow dash argued.

"To answer both of you sides in a neutral manner it makes me look like I have just been beaten half to death without my skin breaking but if you are wondering, I did break a few ribs on the first landing," I interrupted and ended the argument.

"But you must have something other than that right?" rarity questioned.

"This is all I have, unless you can make me something." I said leaning agents the arctic, "but if you are wait until after the race witch should begin in about two minuets." I said glancing around seeing a rather large crowd forming.

"Ladies and gentle colts this is a race between the all famous Rainbow Dash and newcomer Dylan!!!!!!" Pinkie said approximately 200 feet in the air, "Racers to the starting line."

luckely I left the arctic running so I didn't have to worry about starting it, so I just pulled beside Dash.

"Racers, on your mark," Rainbow Dash crouched down as I revved the arctic which caused some of the audience members to start backing away.

"Get set" Dash then flared out her wings as I set the timer for instant flight to two minuets.

"Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"