• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 574 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 574

Through the pain and suffering

I awoke with a start, not knowing where I am I quickly took in the surroundings. Where am I? was all that went through my head as I felt what I was lying on was, soft? I smelt the air to see if there was any signs of life, witch two smells rang out yet still unidentified.

With my eyes adjusted to the darkness I had no trouble finding the door, witch I thought I have seen before but never actually looked at, but upon opening the door I was blinded by the light for a moment. Then seeing something familiar once my vision adjusted.

"Twilight?" I asked in a groggy tone.

"Hello D," She said in a kind tone with a hint of grogginess, "you passed out yesterday after you entered."

"Sorry about that I don't run on adrenaline that often," I began " The last time I ran on that much adrenaline was about one year ago."

"Really, what were you doing to run on adrenaline?"

I caught on fast to what we both said. "You are really interested in my past aren't you."

"sigh Yes, I understand if you still don't want to talk about it." she said.

"Since no one knows about me I guess I can tell you to kill some time," I began but my stomach cut me off by growling, "After we eat some breakfast."

"Alright, Spike should probably have our breakfast ready in about a Minuit." She said.

"Might want to make that ten seconds," I said smelling the air witch my timing never failed.

"Breakfast is ready!!!" a voice yelled.

"How did you..?" she began.

"I smelled the air easy as that," I cut her off "Some foods give off a specific aroma when cooked correctly."

We walked into the kitchen for much to my surprise there was ether a small kmoto dragon or in general a baby dragon.

During breakfast I learned that spike was a baby dragon, but the way he walked made him look like a dreakel. ( A human dragon cross bread.) I also got information on the two rulers Celestia And Luna, Princesses of the day and night.

"Twilight I'm heading to Rarity's to help out," the enthusiastic dragon said.

"Just be back by noon," Twilight said.

"To do what," I said, "To cook lunch and go right back with me."

"That was the plan," Twilight said as spike ran out the door.

We walked into the note taking room as twilight called it and I recalled what I could of my past.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


This whole thing started about five years back. A week out of high school. Those five years were filled with happiness. The happiest time of my life, for the most part.
One year ago is when all of that was ripped away by one person, or one thing, that was nightmare. A beast of pure darkness, bent on destruction of the entire multiverce. Luckily he was just a shadow, but he still tried to find a way to 'attempt' to destroy the multiverce.
He almost succeeded in destroying mine, but I had to make a sacrifice.
The last year is one that just makes my skin still crawl. The darkness Idols were meant to keep him sealed away, not for a portal to allow his influence to creep into one's mind.
I became his obedient Shadic Nightmare. A creature weaker than Nightmare but still second to none. I was forced to kill. I tried to resist but the Shadow that was in my head dominating it was just too strong.
the last two days that I can recall went from me, on top of the food chain, had succeeded in reawakening Nightmare. That day is when all hell broke loose. I had killed the majority of humanity. The few that survived were strong willed, but not one. It was a miracle I hadn't killed her and I was glad i didn't, except now I wish I did.
Nightmare ended her life slowly and painfully. The one I loved. My entire world, my hope, my dreams, my love ripped away slowly and that set me off.
She fell to the ground lifeless and all self control I had was gone. I turned into a true monster and split Nightmare into two gemstones. One named nightmare's moon the other nightmare's wrath which I absorbed. Even after I had just saved humanity they still hated me for what I was.




/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////



"That isn't the end of it," I continued the story stepping back, "you are the first to see this with me in full control." I said as the black dragons claw burned its way onto my face covering my right eye being able to sustain it for thirty seconds before it burning off.

"What was that?" Twilight asked.

"That was me forming and controlling the Shadic Nightmare's powers manifesting it into a dragons claw shrouded in darkness," I answered, "but it is also the power of nightmares wrath. I still don't know how i can control this power but I just do. Like it's natural."


At that moment spike came in, not hearing a word of the conversation we were having.

"Wow, noon already," Me and Twilight said in sink.

"Yes it is," Spike said slightly annoyed.

"If you will excuse me I have to take a letter,"


/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Twilight walked back into the note taking room sat down and wrote a letter to princess Celestia.

Dear princess celestia

This letter isn't a friendship report, but friendship was gained from a strange creature called a human. His back story seems to be similar to princess Luna, where he is from there is a creature as he put's it that is made of pure darkness called Nightmare, but is only a shadow. He also informed me that even though he was a shadow he could influence any mind into the darkness no matter how pure their heart is. Yet in order for him to defeat this darkness he had to sacrifice the one he loved who was killed by Nightmare. Even in his croupted state his love for her and hate for the darkness gave him his strenth to overcome the darkness and turn nightmare into two gemstones witch are named Nightmare's wrath and Nightmare's moon the later I belive that princess Luna has came into contact with.

I look forward to your reply

Your fateful student
Twilight Sparkle.

I'll have spike send this before he leaves, Twilight thought.


/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Me and spike were able to make lunch quite fast thanks to some experience I had gained before I was influenced by Nightmare. We made some quick sandwiches, Twilight's being a tomato and carrot sandwich on wheat, Spike's being a ruby and emerald with diamond bread, and me having a lettuces and tomato sandwich on wheat.

When twilight entered she was surprised by the quality of the sandwich or the fact that I was eating something without meat.

"You sure that it is safe for you to eat a meal with no meat?" She asked out of concern.

"If it wasn't safe I wouldn't be eating it," I replied calming her nerves.

When we finished eating, Twilight asked spike to send a letter to the princess which he responded by burning it.

"Why did he just burn that letter?" I asked with confusion of why do you burn a letter to send it to someone.

"Well, to put it simply, spike is a magic dragon who is also a communication link for me and the princess," she replied quite fast.

Why do I always get the weirdest of friends I thought remembering the three phoenixes.

when we finished the conversation me and spike headed over to Rarity's.