• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 571 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 571

living darkness stage 1 part 2

I forced myself not to laugh at the Wrath's attempt to do anything just because of a small amount of light, never the less I made my way out of the forest not even worrying about being seen even taunting him through his ailment by walking beside him into the light earning a growl from the wrath.

I walked out of the forest in the new manticore body to find Twilight and the others in a set of necklaces and one crown accompanied what looked like guardsmen at the entrance of the forest.

As a second test to the body I tested the vocal cords which only roared in response, literately.

What appeared to be the guard captain of the group headed toward the lead while shouting, "Twile, move!!" He galloped towards me at a good fast pace horn glowing with an attack spell ready.

I sighed knowing how this would end.

"He won't do anything," a familiar voice inside my head rang, "The stone that held the darkness within us giving me power has became enraged, thus your spirit became..... my spirit...... " He seemed distracted for no reason, "our spirit became obsolete and were removed along with the other three shards."

Before I knew it the attack had been fired and Fluttershy had jumped in front of me.

Not caring for anything but the safety of my friend I tackled Fluttershy and curled myself into a ball, protecting her from the blast gaining a sore back.

I looked at Fluttershy, who was crying.

Deciding to give my voice a second try I managed to say in a low, deep voice, "Are... you..... alright......"

I felt a barge of pain bash onto my new body sending a wave of pain throughout it.

"You fool!! Now they will kill us!!!!!!" the shade screamed into my ear.

As the pain shot through my body as attack after attack made impact I slowly stood up.

Locking eyes with the captain I felt a small amount of my power return along with a sonic boom erupting from within the forest.

Distracted I turned around to face myself.

I forgot the nightmare's wrath is an adapting shade. The only one that can step into the light.

The wrath snapped it's fingers revealing a butterfly knife with eight hols drilled into the blade. the bottom of which was filled with a shard of darkness.

"The Blade..... It Hungers......... For your soul," the wrath screaming while gasping for breath as if something was missing.

In the reflection of the blade I saw pinkies image stagger in and out of reality.

I paid no mind to her randomness to have more concentration on the battle ahead of myself. I not only had to fight the guard but also knock my body out without causing any more damage.

"Girls the elements!" Twilight yelled as I got ready to fight myself.

The wrath engulfed the knife in a black fire that took the form of a scythe with the shard fitted to the bottom.

"NOW," Twilight and her friends said blasting a rainbow light at the wrath.

"Light.... only feeds..... the shadows," The wrath said slicing the rainbow in half only for it to hit him on the sides.

When the light made contact I was forced into my own body with the manticore passing out.

Then my own body turned to stone.





I found myself in a green pasture with a flat landscape with the wrath standing in a circle of dead grass.

I looked for my shade but he wasn't to be found.