• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 575 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 575

True Wrath

We rushed at each other with only one thought going through my head, I will win, no matter what.

I drew my scythe just in time to clash with discords sword and knocked him back only for him to vanish.

"Lance" I called up, "Lets do this."

I jumped in the air throwing the scythe in the air hoping he would know what to do.

He grabbed the scythe in his right talon turning his blue flames a shade of black.

He collided with me our strength becoming one. Something he had done only once to help me control my power now being used to amplify my power to defeat this opponent.

The gem on my right hand spoke again as if a status warning, "Power levels exceeding all known powers excluding nightmares, Time estimate of power safely usable, six minutes."

I smiled as armor began to create itself around my body my right arm covered in a, white, light armor that steamed from a spiked shoulder guard. Yet my left arm was waited down by armor that seemed more for offence than for defending my flesh.

I was then kicked in the back but the force used seemed to not even cause physical damage or move me even though it hurt.

Turning my head I found Evil smile slowly fading into a frown.

"Say goodnight," I said under my breath as I made a slice with my left arm which he teleported away from but something felt off about this teleport.

He was behind me ready to stab me through the heart only for the sword to be stopped by an azure aura that surrounded my right hand and the sword.

I made a slight aim to my next attack right next to him which a felt slight resistance from.

I was ready for my next attack, but instead of being greeted by Evil I was slammed in the side and forced through the fire that surrounded the field and met with Evil encased in an armor that is to chaotic in it's self to even describe.

"Let me show you the true power I posses," Evil said as time slowed.

I landed next to something I would have regretted not to have landed by.

Getting on the arctic, the armor I was wearing failed with lance flying out.

"Sorry, Haven't been through that kind of strain since me and evil were one," lance said catching his breath.

I took off the gauntlet and the clothes I was wearing reverted back to blue jeans and the royal blue shirt rarity made.

"Lance," I said throwing him the gauntlet, "If I loose control, don't be afraid to cage me again."

With that said I started the arctic and locked eyes with my opponent who had changed into an even more warped version of himself.

"Hahaha This chaos energy, it's so," evil said warping the shadows into mutated versions of himself, "Perfect."

"If you think chaos is perfect," I said closing my eyes, "Then you are still imperfect."

"What did you just say?" Evil said agitated.

"Because all I see," I said channeling my power, "Is a mutant freak with a mutant army.

"Well It would seem that..." He started but was cut off when a rainbow hit him in the face leaving it charred and smoking. He turned his head to where the blast came from and yelled, "I have six little bitches to kill."

During his distraction I used the arctic, slamming through the wall of shadows, and made my way to him, before he had a chance to react I used the Arctic's reinforced front armor and slammed into him.

"You lay one," I yelled my eyes turning black, "Twisted claw on them or harm them in any way," I continued yelling slamming the brakes sending him flying then charged at him, "Or threaten them. You will have a painful end."




Is this who you are.



I rammed into him my anger fueling my power. Yet in my enraged state I saw a small bit of stone forming.

Racing down the dirt path that seemed more like soap, he tried to escape yet what ever he tried only sent him off the arctic.

I ended up spinning out when I tried to pull a U-turn but I quickly stopped it when I Grabbed a wooded street sign and used it to stabilize the arctic thus bringing it to a stop.

I saw evil with his sword run at me the stone now encasing his right ear and the corner of his eye.

I made a quick decision my hair turning jet black.

In the corner of my eye I saw lance watching me.

I must not lose control I thought blocking the sword with shadows until I caught it with my hand.

"The true power of evils bane," I shouted as the stone engulfed his head, "Return to the gem from when you came."

He started to return into the gem in the sword, but as one last act he slipped the sword from my hand and stabbed me in the right shoulder.

Before he completely vanished he said, "You are not a warrior, you are a runner."

I pulled the sword out of my shoulder with ease yet the injury I sustained mixed with blood loss was starting to get to me.

My vision blurred and went in and out of focus until I collapsed with a numbness running through my arms and legs.




"DYLAN!!!"