• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 569 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 569

a past fire

Author's Note:

reread A nightmare of nightmares to get a prequel of this chapter

The day of the end
Outside the human capital
day 350 of the dark war

Death, demise and destruction that is all that was and would ever will be for the humans as the Black terror would see fit.

"Go now and destroy the last of their hope they call a safe haven," The nightmare ordered as me and Nightmares shadows started our march toward the capital.

The human rifle force opened fire on the army of shadows but the bullets never made contact. They never hit what is only 2-dimensional. There melee squad fared worse then the rifle force being quickly slaughtered on sight.

Not knowing it at the time the mage and meck squads were guarding the last shard while the other inhabitants were being rushed out in ether the air squad or any other transport unit they could get if, they could get it.

They might have had a high quality of defense but we had an army that overwhelmed them with shear numbers (25 to 1) and were quickly dispatched except for one mage.

This one mage managed to hold the entire army at bay for a short by summoning creatures to fight for him. Yet as fate would have it he used up all of his strength, even the strength he didn't knew he had and passed out seeming to be dead to all of the shadows.

All but a lone few had escaped and were hiding hoping they wouldn't be seen. They would have a better chance of fighting the army then hiding from nightmare when he is released.

I walked to the lead room while the shadows celebrated by possessing the meck parts and rebuilding the mecks bigger and better then they already were while others reanimated the dead mages and warping their minds growing the army.

I unsealed the room reviling a man, or what used to be a man sitting on the floor. He had no eyes except the gem that was jammed into his left eye.

He slowly stood up his exposed bones rattling as rotten flesh fell to the floor from lack of movement.

"No more, will they fall," the corps said as i Popped the last gem of death out of his skull the body falling to the floor.

I gave my respects to the man that barred the curse of living while dying every moment of his nonexistent life.

The nightmare formed behind me, "It is time for this world to end in shadow."

"Yes, it is," the shards said with my voice while I could only watch the horror that would unfold.

All eight shards started revolving around one unseen point going faster each revolution until they were only a blur that made eight rings. The eight rings slowly converged as I fed their speed and contained their angry energy.

The mere illusion that was nightmare was slowly becoming a physical threat to the universe and all others.








"STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!" A familiar voice cried out, "This isn't you snap out of it."

I found it easier to speak but all my energy was being put toward recreating nightmare yet I was able to say one word, "Run!!"

It was to late nightmare had formed and it was the end.

He approached her and slowly drove his right clawed hand into her abdomen reaching up and slowly ripping out her still beating heart only to crush it in his hand saying, "Death is freedom."

Her screams of agony awakened anger and strength I did not know I could posses.

"You have forgotten who you are," He said turning towards me.

"Your timing hasn't failed you yet nightmare," I said my power still growing

" Ah, But Darkness Wrath," Nightmare began, "You are slowly loosing control of your own body that I gave you, that in its self is not good for a darkness relic such as yourself, Because when the one that was broken finally breaks free he will have all your power to change what you have done to help me."

"Get out of my head you scum." I past self said weakly as my arms droped , "You aren't any better yourself you nightmare, you think your all that," I paused with the shadow claw mask forming, "Well where is your power now." Both my arms raised reviling the orb of darkness.

The nightmare smiled and replied in his twisted voice, "You can't destroy me and you never will."

I hesitated but I still had my shot.

"Your own power will be your undoing. Nightmare bullet," I yelled as all my hate went into this attack.








You cant destroy me and you never will, kept running through my head after nightmare had been reduced to his gem forms one being absorbed one vanishing from the dimension.



"You........." a weak voice said.

I turned around to see the summoner slowly making his way towards me putting all his weight on his staff. His body was ageing rapidly at front of my eyes. Weeks condensed into seconds, years into minutes, yet he still continued to walk towards me.

"Leave and never return, go!" He said weakly slowly collapsing to the ground, "Please."

I reached out to catch him but he was already dead and turning into dust.







No more will I fall to the dark ways of my heart.