• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 572 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 572

Old legends new paths

I quickly took in my surroundings.

Four mountains surrounded me each higher than the last, chains attached to each peak seeming to hold something there and keep them apart.

I noticed something off about two of them.

One was seemingly made of shadows and had lightning striking the peak with an enraged scream echoing through the area.

The one that was opposite of it seemed to be warped with a small river flowing backwards an a crazed laugh seeming to concur the scream when looked at.

"What is this place?" I questioned, "Why dose it feel like I know this place yet I've never seen it?"

"These are four of the mountains of destruction," Two voices seemed to echo not knowing of the others existence.

I got ready to fight the unseen threat.

"Do you really want to fight an old man," One voice said from behind me.

I turned and saw a face described only in legends, "The teller," In his left hand he was holding a cane with an emerald acting as a grip

"Did you forget about me," a familiar voice said behind me.

"Glad to see you made it Luna," The teller said before I could say anything.

"How do you two know each other?" I questioned knowing the teller only talks to sentient species that he trusts.

"We met about three weeks ago when you fell comatose," Luna answered.

"Comatose?" I questioned, "I've been in a coma for three weeks."

"A medically and magically endused one," The teller said, "The spell was supposed to be created fifty years in the future by Celestia, yet the chaos at that moment caused by the nightmare, the spell was only used on the battle field."

"Let me guess," I said, "Nightmare and his shadow minions."

"Because you did not retrieve the treatment while under the affects of your coma," The teller said, "Yet that was the old future."

"Is there a way to stop it," I asked.

"There was, maybe still is," the teller looked at Luna and seemed to telepathically ask her something.

Luna nodded my head then out of the corner of my eye the teller swung his cane at the back of my neck.







I found myself skydiving in a black abyss.

"Why me," I said to my self, as a small white dot in the center of my vision started to grow.

"As the nightmare grows, power unmatched by foes, which only the phoenix trio know how to halt," A voice echoed as I transitioned into the light.















I felt that I was lying on something soft.

I tried a deep breath in but my lungs seemed to work agents my will.

Opening my eyes I saw I had two tubes in my throat, one clear the other seeming to trickle a liquid. As for the room it seemed to be painted white with a single window.

I tried to remove the tubes yet my arms were held back by something.

I heard a door open and saw Luna with a slight hint of embarrassment and a taller figure behind her.

A white aura Surrounded the tubes pulling them out allowing me to breath of my own free will.

Allowing my lungs to breath for a minute I was finally able to speak "Got any food."

The restraints around my hands were released and a sandwich floated in front of me.

At the sight of food I slowly reached out and took the sandwich. I turned my head and saw Luna and the other princess.

The other princess seemed more relaxed and had a relaxing personality about her that you could just sense that was only amplified by her smile.

I ate the sandwich savoring the taste of wheat, lettuce, and green pepper.

"So, to be blunt, who are you, and where are we?" I asked.

The white one spoke at this, "I am princess Celestia, I have herd from twilight about you, as to where we are we are in one of the guest rooms of Cantorlot castle that was made into a medical care room as of your injuries."

She looked at her sister as if she was communicating with her and I spoke up, "Me and Luna have already met."

I looked out the window and saw a blue lite flicker in the clouds.

"I have a special request for you that might require your expertise in machinery," Celestia said.

"Might as well, Never know what you might find," I said, standing and stretchering.

"We have rediscovered an old part of the castle that seems to be impervious to our magic," Celestia said.

Looking around I saw that Luna had left. "Sounds like the plasma shields are in place, yet with what I've seen of the technology here... I'll have to take a look to confirm my suspicion."

Celestia led me to the area that she could not access.

Looking through the room I stood found a small keypad.

"Simple inscription coding, with," I said taking a panel off the wall exposing wires, "The most idiotic foolproof override system."

"Will we be able to access it," Celestia asked.

"If I can't breath," I said pulling all the red wires, "Then we can't access it now," The wall with the door that could not be opened shattered like glass leaving a metal gate that opened when I stepped close.

As we entered The lighting flickered all down the space.

"Get down!" I yelled as I saw a pair of red eyes glowing.

We waited for a few seconds yet nothing happened.

"Let's continue," Celestia said standing.



We continued to walk and found the source of the eyes were the optic sensors of a meck unit.

"Wait a moment," I said as we stopped in front of the meck.

"Voice override," I said hopping to fool the AI prototype.

The red eyes shut off and the meck fell backwards raveling a large craft in it's own containment unit.

"It can't be," I said recognizing the craft.

"What is that thing," Celestia said.

"Project Salvation," I said walking into the room Celestia close behind, "The last chance to escape the shadows."

"Then why is it here, unless...." Celestia said almost like she knew the truth but was hiding it.

"This was it's final destination," I said, baffled even at my own words.

"Then why aren't they here," Celestia said, "they would be surly guarding this if it was there way back."

"I'll figure that out as soon as possible, but in the mean time send word to Twilight that I'm recovering, to send the arctic here, and to expect me back in a few days," I said walking around the craft, "I'm going to have fun fixing this monster