• Published 3rd Sep 2013
  • 574 Views, 6 Comments

Arctic runner- vol 1 catching shadows - adaptroug



A master modifier want's to escape his dark past and gain full control of his own body and mind from the shadows, uses his skills to jump to another universe

  • ...
12
 6
 574

A broken path

I was able to ensure that Project Salvation could fly properly and get the return sequence ready for use.

In the audio logs of the ship I found that the ship was sent not flown by other humans but an AI that I was able to repair. I was also able to tear apart the broken meck and form a small mod for the arctic when it arrived that I would test.

"Hello, Dylan, are you down here," I herd celestial call, "Your Arctic cat has arived."

"Great, I be right there in just a moment."

I started to make my way out of the cave system taking the two hundred fifty pounds(250 lb.) with me eventualy finding Celestia and a few of her guards about midway, waiting with the arctic for me to show up.

"Sorry it took me that long, it isn't easy lugging this mod with how heavy it is," I said as I approached.

"It's no problem," Celestia said as she motioned the guards away, "So what are you planing to to with Project salvation?"

"What I should have done years ago, but didn't have the knowledge to do."

"Destroy nightmare," Celestia said.

"No," I said closing my eyes, "Not Destroy, Make him suffer like everyone that monster made suffer and ensure that the damage he caused is undone, no matter the cost."

"You are very driven, But I have to leave you now," She started walking out of the caves but stoped and said, "Twilight will be expecting you tomorrow," before continuing to exit.

When they left I started working on the modification, but having to lower the center of gravity to make it work before heading back to Salvation.



Walking in to the main room in salvation I opened up a can of soda that was in the on-board cooling unit.

"It has been so long," I said before gulping down the sixteen oz. drink.

"System malfunction! Oxygen support system number four has gone off line," The AI said over the intercom, "Please replace support unit."

"Cant A guy relax on this craft." I said standing to change the unit.

"No," I herd the AI call out over the intercom.

I rolled my eyes at the AI's sense of humor.




When I finished changing the Support unit I went to check the time.

I decided to rest for the rest of the night. I knew I would need it if I am to collect the other two shards.










"Dylan!!" I herd a voice scream awaking me, "Where are you."

I couldn't make out the voice right away but I still made my way out of the craft to see Celestia in a slight panic.

"What's wrong," I said, "You look like you just seen a ghost."

"I wish that was the case," Celestia said, "But ponyvill is under attack by shadows," She started to pace back and forward, "At this rate the town will be... Where are you going?"

"Where do you think," I said starting the arctic, "Going to save a town."

"Follow the train tracks heading south," Celestia said, "That is the quickest route."

"Thanks," I said flooring the accelerator.

Navigating the castle to the gates I was just itching to use the new mod.

I found the south bound tracks and followed like Celestia said.

I jumped of the arctic pulling a small ripcord changing the arctic as it was still moving into a high speed suit of armor that had multiple other forms.

As I was caught by the arctic I moved in a skating motion breaking my old speed record at only half power. A small glass plate fell over my left eye and gave me constant updates on the arctic and my objectice.

"Lets hope this test drive works," I said cranking the power output to seventy-five percent.

I could see the town just a few miles away and decided to try the new flight mode.

"Flight mode, engage," My feet started to lift off the ground before launching straight up into the air.

"Weapons online, Ground mode engage," I said As the jet that launched me up shut off And the tires clicked back revealing a humanoid exoskeleton.

Plummeting to the ground I found sixty five targets attacking the town.

My suits hands turned into five bladed circular saws.

"Oh no no no no no no no no," A started to scream as I realized where I was going to land.




I smashed through the Fountain, soaking the arctic and me with water.

All the shadows turned as the fountain was smashed into small fragments.

"There is the target," One of the shadows ordered, "Don't kill him, yet."

They surrounded me each one trying to cover another shadows weakness.

They seem more organised, I thought to myself, It is almost as if they have evolved past their old parameters and have gained a bit of reason since nightmares disappearance.

They all tried to overcome me with there sheer numbers only to find that the arctic suit was able to blow them back with ease.

"What's the matter, don't have backup," I taunted, "I haven't pushed her past seventy five percent yet!"

The shadows circled me again.

"Trying that again won't work!!" I said getting ready for them to tackle me again.

Instead of them tackling me the shadow that was giving orders ran forward with a dagger in one hand with an empty gem socket in the shape of a skull in the blade and a short sword in the other.

Staring at my opponent something felt off. He didn't seem to be a shadow, yet a shadow stood before me.

His dagger though caught my attention, the blade was curved over the hilt and extended one foot in either direction.

He charged without a word and sliced one of the metal panels off then started yanking wires until I was launched out of the arctic leaving it to fall on it's back severely damaged but repairable.


"The target is exposed," the leader shouted, "Take him down!!"

Author's Note:

A small name change to the story, I plan to make two more volumes to the arctic runner.