• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 742 Views, 9 Comments

Tomato Soup - 221BBakerStreet



There is a new disease in Ponyville, so bad that Ponyville is Quarentined form the rest of Equestria. The disease has no known cure, and the only way to know if somepony has it, is the unnatural craving for canned tomato soup.

  • ...
0
 9
 742

Lyra's Interests

Lyra awoke suddenly. Where was she? What happened? Wait... was she at... Twilight's library?
Memories suddenly flooded her mind. The soup, the flower and vine, Zecora's, Twilight trying to help her. Lyra sat up straight. Her stomach rumbled. She rubbed her eyes, and levitated an open can of soup to her lips. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the tangy tomato taste. She sighed and set the can back down after finishing it off.
A beautiful blue butterfly danced in front of her eyes. It then turned to her, seeming to be looking in her eyes, and grew into a giant dragon that then spewed fire all around the library. Nothing seemed to be catching fire, though. Except for around her. Lyra screamed.
"LYRA!" She heard Twilight's voice. "What's wrong?"
The dragon was gone.The flames were gone. There was no butterfly.
"I- I-..." she stuttered. "...I don't know." Lyra looked around. Everything was where it was supposed to be. Except for the knocked over empty can of soup. Lyra looked to into Twilight's eyes. "Do you have any books on... Timberwolves?" she asked.
Twilight was taken aback. Of course she did, but Lyra didn't seem like herself. Twilight felt as if something was speaking through Lyra. Like she no longer had a free will. Her eyes seemed glazed, trance-y, if you will. She didn't even know that Lyra knew about Timberwolves.
"Of course," Twilight answered. "Why do you want to know about Timberwolves?"
Lyra blinked awkwardly, like she was still in a trance. "They just seem... interesting." She said this so calmly and blandly that Twilight was almost afraid to give her a book. But, as a librarian, she couldn't keep a book from her friend.
Twilight walked over to a shelf, scanned to books for about two seconds, then pulled a fat blue book from the shelf.
"Everything you need to know about Timberwolves," she sighed and handed the book to Lyra, who then took the book happily, and only muttered an excited "Thanks." She seemed to snap out of the trance like state after taking the book.

Two silent hours of reading later, Lyra finished the book.
Twilight jumped and gasped when Lyra slammed the book shut. How could Lyra finish a book of that size so fast? At that rate, Lyra should've been reading eighteen pages a minute!
That wasn't possible! Or was it?
"Done!" Lyra shouted, thirsty for more information. "Do you have any more?" she asked.
"No," Twilight answered. "Little is known about Timberwolves. I can't help you there."
Lyra blinked at Twilight's reply. "Oh. Well what about this?" Lyra pulled the green vine with the pink flower from her saddlebag. The sweet, cotton candy scent from the flower instantly filled the library.
"I don't know about that, but this book might help you." Twilight pushed a ladder up against a bookshelf, and pulled a big leather book titled The Everfree Forest, and tossed it towards Lyra. She wasn't a good enough flyer to fly up to get the book.
Lyra caught the book, and instantly turned around to start reading.
"Lyra is acting really weird," Twilight thought. She then sat down with her book, and Lyra escaped her mind, until they heard a knock on the door.

Author's Note:

Okay, I seriously need a new keyboard. Please forgive any mistakes, and if you find any please point them out so I can fix them! I will try to get a new keyboard, but I might not be able to. Until then, bear with me!

Comments ( 1 )

3023885
Baker, if you want,I can help.:twilightsmile: What ever you need:derpytongue2: I'm here:raritywink:

Login or register to comment