• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 3,282 Views, 212 Comments

It's Impossible! - AlicornPriest



Twilight discovers that magic is impossible. Things go from bad to worse in a hurry.

  • ...
12
 212
 3,282

Alternate End 5: Magic is Possible.

This alternate end happens approximately after Fluttershy asks, “What do we do?”
***

Twilight awoke tied to a chair. She thrashed about, but no matter what she did, she couldn't break free. There in front of her was Princess Celestia. “Princess! I'm glad to see you,” Twilight said. “What's going on?”

Celestia remained impassive. “I'm very disappointed in you,” she said.

Those words were like daggers straight to Twilight's heart. “What did I do wrong?” Twilight asked.

“You have caused very serious damage to the fabric of this world. I don't know how you've done it, but it needs to stop.”

Twilight began to tear up. “I'm sorry... I didn't know.”

“I'm afraid we'll have to take some very drastic measures if we want everything to be okay again.”

“What are you going to do?” Twilight asked.

In response, Celestia created a floating orb with her magic and placed directly in front of Twilight's eyes. It glowed with a pale blue light. “Magic is possible,” Celestia said.

“No, it's impossible. I disproved—aaahh!” She screamed as the orb discharged a bright electric bolt into her.

“Magic is possible,” Celestia repeated.

“But it doesn't—aahg!”

“Magic is possible.”

“All right! It's possible!” Twilight yelled. “Just stop electrocuting me—owww!”

“Just because you say it doesn't mean you truly believe it. Magic is possible.”

“Magic is possible. But how will you know when I—urrgh!”

“Magic is possible.”

“Yes, it is, just please let me—owww!”

“Magic is possible.”

“Yes, magic is possible! Flight is possible, earth pony mass is possible, everything I disproved is possible! Just please, let me go!”

“No, Twilight. This session must continue until you truly believe.”

“Aaaahg!” This bolt seemed even more powerful than the last. It left Twilight gasping for breath, as though she had been drowning for a very long time.

“Magic is possible,” Celestia said again.

“Why are you doing this?” Another lightning bolt.

“Magic is possible.”

“This is... This is brainwashing!” Twilight shouted to her. This lightning bolt was so powerful she felt for sure her heart was going to stop.

“Magic is possible.”

“How could you brainwash your own student, Princess?” Twilight could feel nothing but fear, sorrow, and uncertainty. Another lightning bolt arced through her, but Celestia didn't react.

“Magic is possible.”

“Yes, magic is possible. Please...” Twilight no longer screamed when another lightning bolt went through her. “Please... don't do this.”

Celestia looked at her impassively. “Remember, Twilight,” she said slowly. “You brought this on yourself. Magic is possible.”
***

The five friends waited in the castle antechamber. They'd brought Twilight as an emergency last resort, but once they'd gotten her to the guards and explained what was going on, they guards had carried her wordlessly off into a hallway. While they were waiting, they had heard servants discussing the Cloudsdale evacuation. That meant word had gotten to Celestia about Twilight's studies faster than they had thought. They hoped Celestia wouldn't be too strict with her; she was only trying to understand.

After what seemed like hours, Twilight winked into the room. Other than appearing slightly tired, she didn't seem too bad off. The five of them clustered around her and hugged her tight. “You're all right!” Fluttershy said.

“So what's the situation on your studies? On magic?” Rarity asked.

“Magic is possible,” Twilight replied. She said nothing else.

Rainbow Dash looked about uncertainly. “It's possible? That's it? You're not going to go crazy about this anymore?”

“Magic is possible,” Twilight repeated.

“Are you all right, darling?” Rarity asked. “What happened back there?”

“Oh, Celestia and I just had a little talk, and she convinced me. Magic is possible,” she said. She had a dreamy look on her face, as though she were recalling a warm, happy memory.

“Twilight, ya need to stop saying 'Magic is possible.' It's freakin' us out,” Applejack told her.

“Oh!” Twilight snapped to attention, then looked at the five of them. “You're right, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I know we've had a stressful couple of days, so why don't we just go home,” she said.

“I agree!” “Mm-hmm.” “Yeah, let's go.” “Right with ya.” “Yes...”

The six of them all headed out. A team of guards had a chariot ready to take them all back down to Ponyville. As the guards took to the sky, Twilight looked one last time back at the castle. She could see Princess Celestia in a window, her usual unreadable self. Twilight smiled.

She loved Princess Celestia.

Author's Note:

Since I had so many of you guys favoriting this story, I decided I just had to add some more endings to this. Along with this one, I've also added two more "New Ends," which will be two-parters. Hope you enjoy!

This one's a mix of Avatar: The Last Airbender and 1984. It's sort of what I intended to do with New End 2 before it sort of went off on its own thing. And no, it's not terribly funny. I apologize. To make it up to you, I have a feeling the next one will be side-splitting! Enjoy! :)