• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 3,264 Views, 212 Comments

It's Impossible! - AlicornPriest



Twilight discovers that magic is impossible. Things go from bad to worse in a hurry.

  • ...
12
 212
 3,264

It's Impossible Finale

Celestia stood before Twilight. "Well... apparently you are disproving the nature of reality."

"No, ya think?" Rainbow Dash said.

"This will be a very delicate process, so be very quiet." She pulled out a large, thick book from her pack, then slowly lifted it over her head towards Twilight. She swung it at Twilight, who dodged out of the way at the last moment.

"What the hay are you doing, Princess?" she asked.

"Please don't fight, Twilight. I'm confident this will work."

"Why not just tell me what you're doing--aaah!" Celestia swung at her again, and she decided to just run away entirely.

They Benny Hill-ed like that for a while until finally, Twilight, who was a little overweight and a lot out of shape, gave up and just took the hit. Although as it turned out, Celestia didn't need to hit her so much as move the book right next to her. When the book swept by her, it picked up an ugly green-black aura and changed its cover to reflect that color. It was a decidedly disturbing-looking thing.

"It is as I feared," Celestia said. "You were infected by a powerful dark magic. Whatever you theorized, that manifested into reality. I believe it is called... 'Theorization Manifestation.' Yes, that should be right, considering what I just said."

"That wouldn't be related to 'Inspiration Manifestation,' would it?" asked Rarity.

"Why, yes. How perceptive," Celestia replied.

"...Was that sarcastic?"

"In any case," Celestia said, covering her lack of an answer with a cough, "I will store this in the Royal Archives to keep it safe from prying eyes."

"Does that mean... we can go home?" one of the nearby ex-pegasi from Cloudsdale asked.

"Yes, certainly. All of Twilight's changes should be undoing themselves as we speak. You should find yourself right as rain in no time."

As the crowds all headed out, Twilight had one last question. "So... wait. How does magic work?"

Celestia only smiled. "I believe that is a story for another time."

Comments ( 18 )

I like this last one. It actually fits with the canon. :twilightsheepish:

Celestia only smiled. "I believe that is a story for another time."

Translation: I ain't gotta explain shit.

...

Push past the impossible and kick reason to the curb. It is the Gurren Lagann way.

6817631
I woulda done that, but I'd already burned my 1984 ending reference on Alternate End 5. :derpytongue2:

7631530
...Darn it, I did not know that. Well, thank you for enlightening me. Luckily, since I'm such a hack writer, I can just chalk it up to Twilight not being in her right mind. :twilightsheepish:

7731606
It's a pretty common idea. But I was not aware of that episode at the time I wrote that.

There were way to many spin offs that either hurt your head or just plain made you pull a blank face and say "What the fuck happened?" But all of them were good

8671524
Well, that was the goal, so I'm glad you liked it! :pinkiehappy: This was totally just for my own gratification, but I'm glad it was entertaining to those who read it. :derpytongue2:

More Fimfiction Story Reviews!

7:53 It's Impossible! by AlicornPriest https://www.fimfiction.net/story/117741/its-impossible

Thank you for watching and have a great day!

8671902
Please look at the date of the OP.

8680738
...What, December 16th? Is that some special reference to 1984 I'm not aware of? Or are you commenting on the fact that I wrote that chapter 3 years ago? I mean, I don't care if people comment on old chapters. By all means, please do! :rainbowkiss:

Aww.. And no Discord being behind it like I hoped :< Oh well, these were still pretty great :D

8769971
It's spreading from Twilight to Pinkie. Pinkie should have been immune to Pinkie Logic, since she'd seen behind the curtain, but the Logic was spreading.
8770014
We do not, but by all means, feel free to write what you like about them! They're mostly just mish-mashes of the mane 6.

Thanks for all the happy comments! Comments like yours are what keep my psychological author engine purring. :raritystarry:

New ending: It turns out Twilight forgot to carry the two in one of her equations.

9536093
No! This story is done! No more alternate endings.

...Dangit, that's a really good one. Now I've gotta figure out how to do it. :P

9732908

They're really the main appeal

Yeah, I can guess that — judging from their number, at the very least.

It's just about the proto-story… looking like it might've been written by Trollestia… or maybe by Lunatroll :trollestia:

Just think I certainly shouldn't get to the other parts… unprepared x) Still on my Read-It-Later, anyways.

Login or register to comment