• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 6,481 Views, 194 Comments

Night's Children - Lucky424



Twin alicorn children of a human and an alicorn. What could go wrong?

  • ...
13
 194
 6,481

Prologue: Foals. Who'd have em?

“You there, guard!” The stallion looked round, not seeing anypony present, then let his eyes drift to the ground. Standing proudly in front of him was a alicorn colt, barely six years old, with a scowl on his muzzle. He had to keep himself from laughing at how much the colt looked like his father when he did that.

“Yes, young sire, how may I assist you?”

“I demand that you go down to my school, or the hospital, and arrest my teacher! By royal decree, she is to spend the rest of her days in the dungeon!” The stallion's muzzle tried to break into a smile, but he sighed as he looked up, seeing the colt's twin sister trying to hide behind a bush.

“And why would your teacher be in the hospital?”

“She was being a hot head, and she told me it wasn't nice to call ponies something they're not, so I set her mane on fire.” The guard glanced across at the filly, and then shot up straight, standing at attention. “Well, why are you not moving? Go, arrest her!”

“Rising Flame.” The colt's eyes widened, and he slowly turned to look up at the alicorn stallion standing above him, showing how to do the family scowl properly. “Go to your room, I shall fetch your mother and then we will come and talk with you.”

“But father...”

“DO AS YOU ARE TOLD!” Hanging his head low, he turned and entered the castle, trudging to his room, ignoring the stares from the castle staff. They all knew of his temper, and blamed it on his father of course. Back out in the garden, the stallion was lying on the ground in front of some bushes, trying to coax the filly out. “Sapphy, come on. I'm not going to hurt you.”

“But it's scary when you shout. And when mommy shouts. But you both seem so happy when you shout to each other at night. Why can't you be happy shouting now instead of angry?”

“Because... that's happy shouting. Not angry shouting. Now, did you do anything to your teacher?”

“No daddy.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about. Come on sweetie, come out.” A small blue fore hoof appeared, and the stallion pulled gently, easing her out and pulling her into a hug. He placed her on his back, using his wings to steady her. He began to walk away, but not before turning to the guard. “Send somepony down to the hospital to arrange a meeting with their teacher. Hopefully we can smooth this out.”

“Yes, your majesty!”

“And cut that sh... stuff out!” The guard smirked at the stallion. Ever since their children had learnt to speak, Luna had banned Alec from swearing around them. Each time he did, a spell would shock his flank. Sometimes he did it on purpose, and the guards had a pool going to see whether he actually enjoyed it...


Luna trotted out of the court session, eager to see her little angels. It was their first day of school, and she wanted to know how it went. So when she entered their family room of the castle to find Alec and Sky Sapphire eating tubs of ice cream, she knew something was wrong. “Alec?” He just raised a hoof, pointing it to their son's room. Both ponies watched as she trotted in and shut the door. They could hear a hushed conversation, and then... “YOU DID WHAT?? WHAT IN THE NAME OF FAUST CAUSED YOU TO DO THAT?”

There were a few mumbles which could on be Flame. “I DO NOT CARE! IT WAS YOUR FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL, AND YOU ATTACKED YOUR TEACHER!! GO TO BED YOUNG COLT, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A PEEP OUT OF YOU UNTIL THE MORNING!” She stomped out of the room, snatching Alec's tub away and burying her muzzle in it.

“Daddy, I thought you said mommy shouldn't eat lots of ice cream, otherwise it would go straight to her flanks!” The stallion's face drained of colour as he stared at his wife, eyes wide with worry.

“Sapphy.”

“Yes, mommy?”

“Can you go and play with auntie Celestia for a while?” The filly nodded and galloped out of the room. Luna turned back to Alec and glared at him. “Well, would you care to explain?” Fortunately for the stallion, he was good at using humour to diffuse situations. Unfortunately for him, he often said the wrong thing to Luna.

“I...like big butts and I can not lie?” The filly's abandoned tub was promptly dumped over his head, the sticky treat running through his mane. He waited till it reached the end of his muzzle, where he snaked his tongue out and licked it up, smirking at her. She couldn't remain angry at him, and joined with his laughter, cantering over and assisting him to get clean.

Once they were finished, she lay atop his chest on the couch, held firmly in his forelegs, one of his large wings covering them both. They looked up when they heard a door opening, watching as Flame trotted over with his head hanging low. He sniffed a little and then looked at his parents. “Mommy, daddy... I'm sorry.”

They glanced at each other before Luna put out a fore hoof, letting the colt join them. “It was still wrong of you to do. Tomorrow, you shall find out what happens when one pony harms another. You are going to accompany me to court, where you will witness a trial. Then perhaps you will understand that just because I'm a princess it doesn't give you the right to do what you want. Do you understand me?”

“Yes mommy. I have a question. If you are a princess, then how comes daddy doesn't like being called a prince?” She turned to look at the stallion, who was shaking his head.

“Well, go on then, tell him.”

He gave a sigh, before pulling his son closer. “I wasn't always a pony. In fact, I'm from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I've always wanted to say that...” Luna placed her wing over his muzzle.

“Alec, focus.” He smiled at her and licked her wing.

“Anyway... my ship crashed here, and at first I... was not very nice to ponies. But they eventually forgave me and did their best to help me settle. My own kind arrived a couple of months later, and I ended up fighting them because they inured your mother.”

“Did you kill them daddy?”

“I wanted to, but you aunt stepped in and stopped me. It was a good thing too, as I don't know when I would've stopped. Your mother and I were on a small break then, and it took that event to show me how much I loved your mother. Not long afterwards I began to change, getting fur over my old body, and growing a horn. This was now my home, so I decided to become one of them. And I haven't looked back. Now, back to bed little guy.”

“Okay daddy, good night. Good night mommy.” Luna bent down a kissed his forehead, both adults laughing at the way his face scrunched up, and then he ran back to his room. Luna rolled back over and nuzzled under Alec's chin.

“Are you sure you want to take him tomorrow?”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, what's tomorrow?”

“'tis the seventeenth day of the eighth month, why?”

“So, nothing special about that day then? Good to know.” Luna sat up on his lap then, kneading her eyebrows at him. And then it hit her.

“Oh! Of course, how could I forget? I guess with Flame it just slipped out of my mind. I am looking forward to it.”

“So am I. Hard to believe it's been seven years.”

“And would you want to trade any of them for anything?”

“Hmm... no. Why would I want to do that? The only time I was a little worried was when Dash pranked us with poison joke. Becoming a mare was a little disturbing, even more so when I discovered your 'extra' equipment.”

“You were not complaining much that night. How did it go again? Something like 'Oh yes Luna, ram it in to me harder!' Yes, that sounded like a lot of distress to me!”

“Meh, I'm open to experimentation. But not that often. In fact, there's a little experiment I would like to try now...” Luna bent down, just out of reach from his muzzle, her hooves pressing against his chest.

“And that is...” His horn sparked once, pushing her past that last gap, bringing her lips to his. They slowly rolled off the couch and on to the floor, where they carried on rolling, until Luna was pinned under him. They pulled apart when the door came open, Celestia trotting in with a sleepy Sky on her back.

“Mommy and daddy are going to happy shout.” Celestia ignored them both and took the filly to her room, putting her to bed. On the way out her horn glowed, magic covering the foal's doors.

“You two were never much for silencing spells, but I am. See you two in the morning.” She left the room, and the two noticed it was covered in the same aura. Luna reached a hoof and wrapped it around his neck, pulling him back down to her. Even after seven years the love in their eyes was still there, and some said it was stronger then ever.

Author's Note:

And there I was, thinking I could take a break from writing ponies and going back to reading them for a while, then BAM! Two or three comments about a sequel, and this pops into my head! I do not know if I will update this more often, but I haven't really got much else planned for this. Except who the foal sitters are, although you can still speculate on that if you want!

Oh, and for those of you that read the previous story, I need a name, gender and race for TwiMac's foal, and possible age as well. Can't be any more than six though.

So....what do you think so far?