• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 6,463 Views, 194 Comments

Night's Children - Lucky424



Twin alicorn children of a human and an alicorn. What could go wrong?

  • ...
13
 194
 6,463

Chapter 13: A Late Breakfast In Bed

Luna sat humming as she ran a brush through her mane, just as the sun was cresting the horizon. She noted movement in the mirror, but still giggled like a filly as Alec came up behind her and started to lay kisses up the back of her neck, and she flicked her tail across his muzzle. “'tis a little early, don't you think?”

“It's never too early for me to show affection to my beautiful wife. Besides, your mother has taken Flame and Sky to school today, leaving us... all... alone.” He continued up her neck, finishing up at her ear which he gently nibbled, causing Luna to gasp with pleasure, holding him in place with a hoof around his head.

Alec pulled away, moving back down her body, and stopping to nibble on her wing's feathers for a moment, but then stopped as a burp sounded from the room. He instantly spun round, wings spread wide to protect Luna and his horn glowing, sweeping across the room, searching for the unknown intruder. “All right, come out and I'll make it quick. Play games, and I'll make you suffer.”

The air around the couch seemed to waver, and once stopped a changeling mare was seated upon it, rubbing her stomach with a hoof, as satisfied look upon her face. “Don't let me stop you, I can fit more love in!”

“Dammit Chrysalis! Why aren't you bothering Armour?”

“He banned me from the Crystal Empire whilst Cadence is with foal. Now come on, don't be stingy with the love!” Alec dropped his wings, turning to whisper with a smirk to Luna, whose frown melted to match his face as he told her his plan.

“Okay... but there's a catch. You are not allowed to get any sexual gratification out of this.”

“But... why?” They didn't answer, their horns glowing together, summoning ropes that bound her to the couch, and Alec place a magic blocking ring over her horn. She struggled for a moment before realising it was pointless, and glared up at the couple. “This isn't fair!! I wasn't going to do anything any way!!”

“Tough. Are you ready, my dear wife?”

“As always, my wonderful husband. Let us give her a show she'll never forget!”


Celestia walked out of her bathroom, mane cascading down around her shoulders as she smiled over to Warper, still resting upon her bed. She trotted over and ran a hoof over his back, causing him to flip over and look at her. “Come now Captain, don't you think it's time to get up?”

“Nah... Moonlight can do some overtime for once. I'm always covering for him. Now... where did we get to?” He pressed forward, kissing one cheek whilst brushing the other with a hoof. They fell sideways towards the bed together, getting each other worked up until a flash bid them pause. Celestia craned head head up and blinked in confusion.

“Hi Celly! Oh boy, sun love!” The grin from Chrysalis as she sat bound on the floor clashed with the confused glare that Celestia was giving her. “Oh come on, you're the one who let us stay here! Share already!”


Alec lay with his back against the headrest, Luna dozing against his side, head across his chest as he ran a hoof through her mane. He heard the main door open, pulling a blanket over their lower halves before opening the bedroom door with his magic. “In here.”

Warding Spear's head appeared, and he walked into the room, bowing slightly. “You weren't at breakfast, so we thought we'd bring you something.”

“'We'?”

“Out of the way.” He was pushed to the side as Blazing Petal came in with a trolley laden with fruit, the scent of which causing Alec's stomach to rumble with eager hunger. He went to get out of bed, but a shake of Petal's head bid him pause, and they passed over trays and set the food down upon it. Petal disappeared and returned with another trolley, the scent from this one being enough to rouse Luna.

“Hmm... is that maple syrup I smell?” She sat up, looking around the room before her gaze settled on the stack of pancakes steaming in front of them, causing her to smile at Spear and Petal. “What is this in aid off?”

“Nothing, your majesty, you just missed breakfast is all. We'll wait in the main room until you're both finished.” Bowing their heads, they backed out of the room as Alec and Luna dug in with gusto. The first thing to go was the strawberries as toppings, then the other fruits followed.

“Hey Luna? I've... got a suggestion, if you'll hear me out.” She nodded from the mouthful she had, intrigued by what was coming. “So... they need a new job, you've got your personal guard and servant, I refused them... but the twins...”

“Are you suggesting that we place Warding Spear, the pony who tried to kill you and our daughter, in charge of their protection? Listen to yourself!”

“Yeah... you're right. It's a stupid idea, I shouldn't have said anything.” He gasped as Luna pushed him back on the bed, levitating the maple syrup over Alec's muzzle.

“Yes, it is. But it's also crazy, and your crazy ideas seem to work. But what of Petal?”

“Personal maid. We could even get Rarity to make her a cute little outfit... but not one like yours.” The jug of syrup tilted even more, covering his muzzle in the sticky substance, and he lay still as Luna leant close.

“Oh dear, it seems like master has become dirty... whatever should I do?” Alec swallowed in anticipation as she slowly dragged her tongue across his cheek, lapping the syrup away. “Hmm, we can offer it to them... but what will the twins think?”

“Sapphy... has already forgiven him. I think she'll be okay with having somepony like him as her protector. Especially with what he went through on Earth. Flame... will just prank him all the time, the little shit.”

“Alec, that is your son.”

“Got another name for him?”

“No, not really. And what of Blazing Petal? Going from a guard to a servant... there is shame in that. Do you think she will want to do so?”

“It's either that or following Spear round and cleaning his shit up. Which do you think she would do? And she can also be a protector, she has the training. What do you think?”

“I think they can hear us... the door is still open. Warding Spear, Blazing Petal, come forth.” The two ponies came in and stood at the foot of the bed, looking at the wall behind it. “Tell me, what do you two think of this idea?”

Spear bowed to the floor and nodded his head. “I will do whatever you command, your majesties.” Petal, in the meanwhile, had a look of trepidation upon her face.

“Please tell me you were joking about me being their...maid. Can't I just be a guard instead?” Alec and Luna had a whispered conversation, all the while smirking and occasionally shooting glances at Petal. They both turned with massive grins on their faces.

“We'll have decided... that the twins can choose.” Petal let out a groan as Spear tried to hide his smile, which she of course noticed.

“Shut up.” She turned and marched out of the room, whilst Spear remained in place, waiting for his next orders.

“Why haven't you left yet?”

“I am awaiting my next task, princess.”

“Take a day off.”

“Your majesty?” She lay back against the bed running a hoof across Alec's wings.

“You heard her Spear, go have some fun. Take your mare our for a nice walk or something. In fact, take the weekend off, and head down to Ponyville, ask for the mayor for the royal retreat's keys. I'll send word before you get there. Now, and I mean this in the most polite way... buck off.”

“My... mare?”

“Yes, Blazing Petal? The pegasus that just left the room?”

“Yes sir.” He turned and walked out of the room, but poked his head back in... just before the last off the maple syrup was drizzled on to Luna. “Oh, before I go, a Mr Apple wishes to see you?” The jug was floated to a side table and Alec climbed out of bed, slipping a thick red robe on, and trotting over to the main room.

“Thank you, now go get Petal and head to the train station. Braeburn, what's up? I thought you would be with Fluttershy right now.”

“Well... Ah would be... but we're supposed t' be going on our honeymoon... an' Ah forgot to book somethin' fer it. One day an' Ah'm the worst husband ever.”

“You know, I used to be like you, self-deprecating. But then I got married, and it has been... mostly the best time of my life. You're not a bad husband Brae, Fluttershy loves you, and will be with you through anything. But not getting your mare a honeymoon... hope you're used to sleeping on the couch.”

The light gold stallion started to shake, eyes wide with fear as he stared as the wall. “Oh Celestia... when Mac finds out... Ah'll be a dead colt. Ah don't even know if Ah'm ready to give Fluttershy her wish yet...”

“Shy's wish? What's that exactly?”

“Oh, Ah've known about it fer a long time now. She feels like a mother t' all her animals, but none of them are really hers. She wants a foal at some point, an' she's at the perfect age fer it. But me as a father? It jus' don't bare thinkin' about.”

“Braeburn Apple, I will slap you if you don't shut up.” He did as told, cocking an eyebrow as the male alicorn rummaged around in a drawer. “Ah ha! Here it is!" He passed over a a security pass for a secure area. "Right, take this to the Royal Docks, ask for Starry Helm. He'll know where to take you. But before you go... have you got any winter clothes?”

“It's t' middle of summer. O' course I ain't got no winter clothes!” A bag of bits was dumped to the floor in front of him, and just by picking it up he could tell that it was a lot of money. “Ah... ah can't take this.”

“You're not. It's being given to you. Now, out on Canterlot high street is one of Rarity's boutiques. If they try to throw you out for... not being the right pedigree, tell them that they are fired for not allowing the husband of one of Miss Rarity's friends to by her wares.”

“But Ah... Ah can't do that! That's not gentlecoltly at all! How could you even suggest that?”

“Because if Rarity was there, she'd fire them herself. Now get going, I'll send word the get the Polaris prepared for departure.” With a nod of his head, Braeburn ran out of the room and back to his mare. “That stallion needs a good bucking hit to his head.” Alec prepared to head back into his room when there was a knock on the door. “FOR BUCK SAKE!! YES?? Oh... uh, hi... mum.”

“Good morning Alec, nice to see you like them as much as me. I just happened to overhear your conversation with that nice stallion, and was wondering as to where you were sending him?”

“To the same resort where we had our honeymoon. It's in the eastern mountains, and even at this time of year it's pretty cold out there.”

“And they are going on the Polaris, yes?”

“Look, I know where you're going with this, and it's the Royal Yacht. You don't need my permission to use it, but at least let me know in case I have something planned. So... see you in a few months?”

“Thank you Alec... and yes, I will be back by then. The twins are about to wake....

“SAPPHIRE SKY AND RISING FLAME!!! WHY IS MY MANE PINK?”

“... their aunt up. Hmm, perhaps I should not have taught them that spell. Oh well... see you~soon~" With that she swept out of the room, leaving Alec to lock the door. He had enough interruptions that morning. He cantered back to his room, ensuring to lock that door as well, slowly slipping his robe of, before Luna's speech caused his ears to twitch, having added a sultry tone to her voice.

“Oh my dear husband... I seem to have made a mess. Would you help me... clean up?” Upon turning round he saw Luna lying on her back, her wings spread wide... and covered in the remaining syrup. He slowly and calmly walked over to the bed, gently licking the outer feathers on her left wing.

“With pleasure, my beautiful wife.”


“GET YOUR FLANKS BACK HERE!!” The Royal Guards scrambled to assist the Solar Princess, but each one stopped when all they found was Sapphire Sky and Rising Flame galloping down the corridors giggling all the time. “WHEN I CATCH YOU, YOU'D BEST BE PREPARED!!”

The guards would then burst into snickers a Princess Celestia, Riser Of the Sun, Bringer Of The Day, chased them down... with a pink mane. She glared at each and every one of them in turn before storming off after the foals once more. It didn't help that they had managed to figure out their father's portal spell, and were working in perfect synchronism with each other. Every time Celestia got close, they would just enter one portal and emerge at another point in the castle.

Of course, she would just teleport to that position, but they still got a head start. It wasn't until they tried to slip in to their own apartment that things went wrong for the twins, and they turned to see Celestia had blocked off the only exit from the corridor, and was slowly stalking towards them.

They were given the chance to escape as Captain Warper teleported in front of her, pulling her into a passionate kiss, but her magic still managed to get a hold of the twins, floating them into the air in a bubble. She did the same to the stallion in front of her, dragging them into her room. Moments later the door swung open as Flame came running out with a pink mane and tail himself, whilst Sky came trotting out happily, her mane and tail now a pale orange.

But the worst sufferer was Captain Warper, who had been turned entirely pink with a green mane. He looked down at the filly and colt with a sigh. “Let's go get some ice cream.” The pair's mood rose much more, and they bounced around him as they trotted off down the corridor, oblivious to the laughter that came from nowhere...


Rainbow Dash touched down outside Fluttershy's cottage, knocking on the door frantically. When it didn't seem like anypony was home, she flew around the back and grabbed the spare key from under the flower pot, which house a very much un-alive plant, and slipped into the house. Angel had been staying over at Sweet Apple Acres, and had been very subdued for the past two months.

Applejack and Caramel had returned from Appleloosa, the fruits of their search proving to be useless. Nopony had seen the couple since their wedding, and it was now that they were really worried. After taking a forlorn look around the dust covered hovel, she relocked the door and took wing towards Ponyville proper, straight to the library.

Inside everypony else was waiting, watching as Soarin entertained the young ones with stories of the Wonderbolts... and some that would be embarrassing for Dash to hear, which they loved. He was halfway through one such story when he gave a yelp as somepony jabbed a hoof into his flank, and he turned to see a very peeved off wife. Fortunately for him, he was saved by one of her friends. “Rainbow Dash, you're back! But... you're alone. I guess she's not come home?”

“Sorry Twi, but not yet. I think it's about time to get the authorities involved. Something might have happened to her, and to Braeburn, and as her friends... we should have been doing more to help her.”

“Okay... I'll go see Celestia about this, it's too important for a letter. Does anypony else want to come?” Nine adult hooves and four foal hooves shot into the air, accompanied by what could only be deemed as encouraging babbling coming from the two youngest. “So... we'll need two carriages then.”

They each went to their respective places of residence, packing what they need. Two hours later they had gathered outside the library, preparing to venture to the train station when a shadow passed over head. They looked up to see a sleek, silver airship moving to the field just outside of town. The two engines shut down, leaving just a small whistle as it drifted down, and the sound of somepony softly humming...

There was a blue blur as Rainbow flew to the field, everypony else galloping after her. They got to the edge of the field just as the airship touched down, a hatch opening at the back. A few of the crew came out, carrying a few cases. It was when a set of brown saddlebags were set down... with a butterfly on the side. The crew went back on board and before anypony could move, Braeburn stepped out and looked around, smiling towards to gathering... before a crimson juggernaut slammed him to the floor. “WHERE IN THE BUCKING HAY 'AVE YOU BEEN? AN' WHERE THE BUCK IS MISS FLUTTERSHY?”

Braeburn struggled out of the hold Big Mac had on him, turning back to ship, and holding a hoof to the hatch. It was taken by a yellow hoof, and Dash zipped over as Fluttershy stepped out, but stopped herself once she saw her friends condition. With a gasp, Fluttershy looked round at her friends, shocked to see them ready to leave. “Um... hello everypony. What's going on?”

Nopony said anything, not until Dash moved over and looked carefully at the butter yellow mare. “Fluttershy... are you pregnant?”

She moved closer to Braeburn, pressing to his side and nuzzling under his chin. “um... yes, we are expecting our first foal.” The silent group stared for a moment, before the cheers began to erupt. They all congratulated the couple individually, before Pinkie Pie suddenly shot into the air with a massive gasp.

“It's time for a... BABY SHOWER!!!” With that she shot off to her home, getting the party preparations ready.

Author's Note:

Yeah... couldn't leave them childless, that would be too cruel. So, as per usual, I leave it to you, my dear readers.
Name and gender. Option 1 for pegasus, option 2 for earth pony.

Also... can anypony think of a chapter title?