• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 5,359 Views, 250 Comments

OTR: Haven Station - The King of Hearts



Twilight and her friends are invited to spend a week at a new resort, 'Haven Station.' However, the unknown ponies that invited them, have a much more nefarious intention for the group of friends. Will they be able to escape?

  • ...
9
 250
 5,359

Arrival

////
Arrival
////

“Alright everypony!” The conductor called, “Buckle in, we’ve going to be slowin’ down right quick!”

Not one to be the fool twice, Alex ran to his seat and strapped himself in. He wasn’t going to be flying across the cabin a second time. The pain had JUST subsided.

Everypony laughed passingly at his fear of deceleration as they all got to their seats and buckled in.

“Stay put this time, Alex.” Dash laughed.

“Don’t worry about me,” Alex said, leaning back in his chair, trying to keep himself from being thrown forward.

Twilight shifted uncomfortably. She hated sitting on her rump this way. It felt so strange.

Of course, to Alex and Spike, this was totally normal, as they would sit this way all the time. But, that made sense as they had sat that way for most of their lives.

“Alright everypony!” The Conductor announced, “Here we go!”

The steady humming of the engine was replaced by the deafening screech of the breaks, as everypony was thrown into their seatbelts as they rapidly decelerated.

Spike grunted, this was actually a rather painful experience… Having all of his weight being pushed into the crossed belts across his chest.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the train came to a complete stop, and the force behind them subsided, leaving them all hanging forward against the safety belts.

Sighing and falling back, Pinkie frowned, “That was NOT fun.”

“Ah’m with ya’ on that one,” Applejack agreed.

“Why don’t they fix that?” Alex asked.

“This train is- is so new, that it doesn’t have comfortable safety features… Just ones that work.” Twilight breathed heavily.

“Alright, off ya’ get!” The conductor said, stepping out from the front of the train, “Your hosts are waiting for you!”

“How are you so… okay?” Alex asked, eyeing him suspiciously, “Everypony here can barely stand!”

“I’m used to it,” He shrugged.

“Fair enough,” Alex panted, removing the buckle, and falling on the floor.

Twilight shakily stood up, and helped her friends up one by one. She REALLY wasn’t looking forward to the trip back.

////

“You’ve arrived at: Haven Station.” A voice announced over the intercom, “Please enjoy your stay.”

By the time they got their luggage ready to go, and exited the train, the sun was already starting to set. Something they were all grateful for, as sleep was something they had been somewhat deprived of on the train ride here. Not that the train had anything to do with it… They had all just been absorbed into a conversation for much longer than they had expected.

“Hello, everypony,” A manly, nicely dressed, yellow Pegasus said, approaching them from the main entrance to the staggeringly large building in front of them, “I’d like to personally welcome you to Haven Station.”

“It’s super-nice to be here!” Pinkie said, instantly recovering from her fatigue, “Would you like to be my friend?”

“Cool it, Pinkie,” Twilight laughed, “It’s nice to meet you, Mister…?”

“Alpha,” He answered, extending a hoof, “You must be Twilight Sparkle.”

“Well, Alpha,” Twilight said, shaking it, “These are my friends: Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Alex, and Rainbow Dash.”

“Heya,” Alex said nonchalantly, looking around the area.

“Thank you for the invitation to stay here,” Fluttershy said, “It’s just lovely here.”

“Thank you,” Alpha said, “We take great pride in our work here.”

“So, where are the rooms?” Dash yawned, stretching her wings out, “I’m frickin’ tired.”

“Rainbow Dash!” Rarity scolded, “Show a little more respect!”

“It’s quite alright, Miss Rarity,” Alpha said, “I can see that you and your friends are tired. I’ll show you to your rooms.”

“Now we’re talkin’!” Applejack said, happy that she could get some real shut-eye.

As they walked into the lobby entrance to the resort, they were in awe of the layout of the room, and the colors it used to stand out even further.

Directly in front of them, on the opposite wall, was the exit into the internal courtyard, where they were able to go shopping, see a movie, or read a book, depending on which section of the resort they went to.

On either side of the exit to the courtyard, were two curved staircases that met in an arch above the exit, and wrapped around the lobby leading off into different hallways, where everypony’s rooms were located.

The walls and carpets were all decorated in the color gold, while the hardwood kept its original color, matching perfectly, while the light fixtures were all perfectly white, giving the entire room a look of immense wealth.

“It’s all so… wow…” Rarity said, her eyes wide in admiration.

“I agree,” Alpha laughed, “Some would say opulence is a sin… Everypony here would disagree.”

“Is everything here gold?” Fluttershy asked, still dazzled.

“Not everything,” He smiled, “But a good chunk sure is.”

“I love it here!” Spike said, “I feel so rich!”

Alex was impressed himself, this room beat out the throne room in Canterlot by a mile.

“Most of the staff has already gone home for the night,” Alpha said, “But they’ll be back first thing in the morning to make everypony breakfast.”

“No dinner?” Spike whined.

“I didn’t say that,” Alpha grinned, “Please follow me.”

////

“Oh my glob…” Spike said, his mouth hanging open, “Look at this spread!”

Alpha had just led them to the common room that they would all be sharing on the second floor. It offered a great view of either side of the building. The internal courtyard, where they were able to see a few stray ponies entering and exiting various sections of the complex, and the external compound, where they could see sprawling lake that reflected the setting sun beautifully.

Inside the room, was a large table, large enough to sit the group of them. Beside it, was a collection of couches and chairs, where they would be able to relax and converse with one another. On the opposite side of the entrance to the room, was a large door that led to a hallway, with ten doors in it. Each one with a room inside it.

“I had this meal made specifically made for you and your friends,” Alpha said, “You’ll find each of your favorite foods here.”

Alex gave him an odd look… That was a bit weird. How did he know that?

Maybe Celestia told him.

Accepting that answer, he jumped to the large pile of pasta in front of him and went to town.

“So,” Twilight said to Alpha, attempting to make small talk, “What kind of name is Alpha?”

“I’m the day-to-day manager of Haven and it’s staff,” Alpha explained, “Alpha is more of a… designation.”

“Do you have another name?” Twilight asked.

“That’s private,” He said confusingly, “Simple etiquette in my culture.”

“Alright,” Twilight said, accepting the answer, since she had no idea how these ponies operated, “I’m sorry if I was insensitive.”

“No problem,” He said, leaning in to her ear, “Maybe if we get to know each other a bit better, I’ll tell you.”

Twilight blushed and backed away, she wasn’t used to being hit on!

“You all may choose whichever room you wish,” Alpha announced, stepping away from Twilight, “The remainder of the food will be removed once everypony is settled in for the night.”

“Thanks!” They all chimed in.

“No problem,” He smiled, “Tomorrow at noon, we’ll discuss the spa and conditioning procedures.”

Rarity sighed happily, “I simply can’t wait!”

“I’ll see everypony tomorrow, bright and early!” He said to them as he opened the door they had all just come in from, “Have a good night.”

“We will,” Twilight said as he walked out the door, and closed it behind him.

“Well!” Dash announced, “I’m ready for bed!”

“Me too!” Alex said instantly as everypony gave them suspicious looks.

“What?” Dash asked.

“Going to bed at the same time, I see.” Rarity giggled.

“It’s not like that!” Dash insisted, “I just want to make sure he’s there to sleep with!”

Before anypony had a chance to make fun of her, Alex quickly jumped up, “We’re still not feeling too good about the whole Luna and Bolt situation! It helps to have somepony to sleep with…”

The room silenced.

“Goodnight,” Alex said, walking through the grand door with Dash.

“Well that ruined the mood…” Pinkie said, reaching into her luggage, “Good thing I brought a cake in case that happened!”

“’Cheer up, Everypony,’” Twilight read on the cake, “Well, Pinkie, nopony can say you’re an ill prepared pony.”

“They sure can’t, Twilight!”

////