• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 5,359 Views, 250 Comments

OTR: Haven Station - The King of Hearts



Twilight and her friends are invited to spend a week at a new resort, 'Haven Station.' However, the unknown ponies that invited them, have a much more nefarious intention for the group of friends. Will they be able to escape?

  • ...
9
 250
 5,359

Looming Trouble

////
Looming Trouble
////

“How’s Rarity doing?” Dash asked, busting through the door, getting strange looks from everypony in the room as they sat around the dinner table. And among them, was Rarity.

“I’m… Fine?” She asked, giving Dash a worried look, “Are you okay, dear?”

“I told you nothing would be wrong,” Alex said, walking past her and sitting down at the table next to Spike.

“What were you so worried about?” Twilight asked.

“Oh…” Dash said, avoiding eye contact with her, “Nothing! I’m having a shower!”

With that, she took off and closed the bathroom door behind her.

“How was the spa?” Alex asked anypony at the table that had now been there.

“It was amazing!” Fluttershy said, clearly excited enough to be loud about it, “I’ve never been so relaxed in my entire life!”

“I agree with Fluttershy,” Rarity nodded, “I just might find a way to come back here in a few months.”

“Yeah, me too!” Spike said quickly, before covering his mouth.

“You went to the spa?” Alex asked, “…Really?”

“Well… Rarity just made it sound so good!” Spike admitted, “And I’m always open to new things… You should go, Alex.”

“Pass,” He laughed, “I’m not a spa-goer.”

“Shame,” Rarity said, “It’s truly amazing.”

“So, Twi!” Applejack spoke up, “What was it you were doin’ today?”

“Um… Nothing,” She said, looking away from everypony.

“Horse apples!” Alex shouted, “…Did I say it right?”

“Ah’ guess…” Applejack said, turning back to the purple pony, “Spill the beans, Twi!”

“You simply must!” Rarity added.

“Don’t be so secretive!” Spike said.

“Yeah Twilight!” Pinkie begged, “Please tell us!”

Looking back and forth, she giggled, “I was hanging out with Alpha.”

“What?!” Everypony shouted.

“No way!” Alex said.

“I can’t believe that!” Spike said in awe.

“Good for you, Twilight!” Fluttershy smiled.

“Ah’m startin’ to feel left out here!” Applejack laughed, “Everypony’s hookin’ up!”

“It wasn’t a hook up!” Twilight countered, “We were just spending some time together.”

“Ooooooohhh!” Everypony chimed in.

“S-shut up!” She said, turning her look away from them and blushing furiously. Noticing the clock on the wall, Twilight’s eyes shot open, “I… Uh, I have to go!”

“Huh?” Alex asked, “Why?”

“I kinda have plans for dinner…” She admitted, “Alpha asked me out…”

“Nice!” Pinkie said, “Is he taking you to that awesome place with all the tubes to crawl through?”

“No, Pinkie,” Twilight said, “He’s taking me to a restaurant.”

“And what about after that?” Alex asked.

“Should we be expecting you home, dear?” Rarity asked, winking.

“Of- Of course!” Twilight said in shock, still not comfortable with THAT topic, “I’m going to make sure I look decent!”

Heading off, everypony was still laughing over her embarrassment.

“We’ll leave the door unlocked,” Alex called to her as she closed her bedroom door behind her.

Suddenly, a knocking was heard at the door.

“That must be him!” Pinkie giggled quietly, “I’ll get it!”

“No!” Twilight whispered as threateningly as she could

“He-ya,” Pinkie said as she opened the door, and speaking in a sultry voice, “You must be here for… Twilight.”

“Um… Yes?” Alpha asked, a bit worried.

“She’s just… getting ready if you know what I mean,” Pinkie said, grinning suggestively.

“She is?” He asked, “That’s good, I don’t want to miss the reservation.”

Pinkie frowned. He wasn’t getting it.

“Maybe you should go in there, and help her get ready.” Pinkie suggested.

“I’m fine out here, thanks.” He said simply.

“Ugh!” She groaned, “You’re zero-percent fun.”

“Huh?”

“I’m ready!” Twilight called, walking out of the room, looking exactly the same as she did two minutes ago.

“Great,” Alpha smiled, “Let’s go.”

The two headed out the door without another word, leaving everypony sitting in silence.

“…We’re following them, right?” Spike asked.

“Of course we are!” Rarity said, “But we need them to get a head start, so they don’t see us.”

“Come on Dash!” Alex called, “We’re following Twilight on a DATE.”

“Ooooooohh!” She called through the door, “Don’t lose them! I’ll catch up!”

Accepting that, they all snuck out, excited to see how Twilight would act while she was out on a date.

////

“Where is he taking her?” Spike asked as they all walked as casually as they could, from a safe distance.

“That’s the café I was at earlier,” Fluttershy said, “They had a lovely salad.”

The two walked to the front, and were then seated by a hostess, and handed menus that they read over during some kind of conversation.

Running under some trees for cover, they all peeked over a bush in an effort to keep their eyes on her.

“What do you think they’re saying?” Alex asked.

“I can read lips!” Pinkie said, jumping up from the back, “Leave this to me!”

They all looked to Twilight as Pinkie got in the zone.

And from what she saw, this is the conversation that they had:

“That sure is a nice hair color!” Pinkie said, imitating Alpha’s voice.

“And you have nice legs!” She said, imitating Twilight.

“My Mom has complemented me on them my whole life!” She switched.

“Did you mean what you said earlier about my horn being so fat?” Pinkie said as Twilight poked her horn at the table.

“I didn’t say fat!” Pinkie concentrated, “I said… Luscious?”

“Well, ah’ve heard enough,” Applejack said, rolling her eyes, “I guess we don’t know what they’re talkin’ about at all!”

“But—“ Pinkie tried.

“Fluttershy, can’t you fly above the gazebo and listen in?” Rarity suggested.

“Oh no…” Fluttershy said, avoiding eye contact with Rarity, “I’d get caught for sure.”

“I was—“

“Alex, could you turn invisible or something?” Spike asked.

“I don’t know any magic like that,” Alex shrugged, “And any volume increasing spells would draw attention to us.”

“I can just keep reading their lips!” Pinkie said desperately.

Everypony ignored her.

She sighed. She had been pretty sure that’s what they were saying…

////

“I promise you!” Alpha laughed, oblivious to the ponies hiding in the bushes such a short distance away, “I meant it as a compliment for your horn.”

“Well, okay…” Twilight said, flustered that she had worried so much over a misunderstanding regarding the size of her horn.

“What are you ordering?” Alpha asked, having had enough talk regarding her horn.

“I think I’ll just get a sandwich.” Twilight said, setting down the menu and looking at Alpha, “What about you?”

“Just a drink,” He shrugged, “I have plans with three other mares tonight, you know.”

“You’d better not!” Twilight giggled.

“Of course not,” He comforted, before smiling slyly once again, “I have plans with them tomorrow and the day after.”

“Well that’s fine” Twilight winked, “As long as you’re free tonight.”

Alpha raised an eyebrow.

“That was just a joke!” Twilight laughed, “Don’t get excited.”

////

“Pinkie, there is NO way Twilight just said that,” Dash said, having arrived just a moment ago, “You make her sound like whorse or something.”

“I swear!” Pinkie defended herself, “I’m never wrong when it comes to lip reading!”

“Why are we even listening to her?” Spike asked.

“We’d be better off crawling up to them and listening that way,” Rarity sighed.

“Is anypony willin’ tuh do that?” Applejack asked nopony in particular.

Silence.

“Guess not…”

“This isn’t any fun at all,” Dash groaned, “Maybe we should leave Twilight to her date.”

“It’s about time for my spa treatment too!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“I thought it was Twilight next,” Rarity said.

“Alpha postponed it so they could go on this date,” Spike explained, “He actually insisted on this time for their date too.”

“Ah’m gonna head back with Pinkie,” AJ said, “This was a bit of a bust.”

Alex shrugged, “Maybe I’ll stick around a bit longer, what about you, Dash?”

“Sure, why not?” She said, “I just got here, I’ll spy a little longer.”

“Well, I think I’m going to let Spike treat me to some dinner,” Rarity said, stepping next to him, “You two enjoy the rest of your night here.”

“Two?” Alex asked, “Where’s Fluttershy?”

“I saw her heading back to the hotel room on my way here,” Dash shrugged, “She had a funny look on her face, so I’m not too sure.”

“See y’all later!” Applejack called, walking away with the bouncing pink pony.

“Don’t wait up for us,” Rarity said politely as she and Spike went off on their own as well.

Left alone in the park, Alex and Dash turned their attention back to the couple in the gazebo.

“Why were you so anxious to stick around?” Dash asked him, now that nopony was in earshot of them.

“Well… I can kinda read lips myself,” Alex admitted, “And when I really paid attention… I think she was right about what they were saying.”

“…Really?” Dash asked quietly, “Like, seriously?”

Alex nodded, “I think she said she was joking, but it’s still weird to hear her say.”

“Maybe she is a whorse.” Dash shrugged.

“Don’t say that,” Alex laughed lightly, “I’m sure that she’s plenty hard to get with.”

“So… Do you really just want to stand here and listen to them talk?” Dash asked.

“Na,” Alex said, “Why don’t we go do something together?”

“What did you have in mind?” Dash asked.

“Let’s fly around a bit,” Alex shrugged, “See what there is to see.”

////

Walking up to the booth outside of the spa, AJ and Pinkie looked inside, at the young mare that was quite involved in her magazine.

“Hey!” Pinkie shouted, shocking the girl.

“W-what do you need?” She asked, looking back and forth in panic.

“I’m here for my appointment!” Pinkie smiled, “Am I allowed to go in?”

Glancing at a chart on her wall, the mare nodded, “You’re good to go in whenever.”

“Yay!” She said, jumping her way over to the door, leaving Applejack alone with the mare.

“So, how is this place?” Applejack asked, “You ever been conditioned in here?”

“Sure have,” She smiled, “Everypony that works here got a complimentary trip.”

“Really?” She asked, “That’s nice of yer’ boss.”

The phone next to the mare started ringing, and she quickly picked it up, “Yes?”

“Uh-huh…”

“Really?”

“Alright, if you say so.”

“Of course, goodbye.”

Hanging up the phone, she smiled to Applejack, “It appears that we have an opening right now, so you can go in.”

“Ah’ thought it was jus’ one at a time.” Applejack said, cocking her head.

“Well, they said that they have a surplus of staff inside, and will be able to accommodate two guests at once!” She explained.

“Well, that’s great!” Applejack smiled, “Might as well get this trip outta the way, so ah’ can enjoy the rest of the night!”

Trotting off, Applejack shouted a ‘Thank You’ behind her as she stood next to Pinkie and explained the situation.

She was pretty happy about it, to say the least.

////

“So…” Dash said to Alex as he landed next to her on the large roof beside her, “I can tell why you liked this spot so much.”

Their spot sat atop the massive spa building, looking out on the train station at the entrance, and beyond, to the star of the badlands. During the day, this would be an average view, of a rocky desert, and some train tracks… But with the sun setting in front of them, it colored the orange sand a dark red, and the canyons, buried in shadows of itself, was a deep blue, mixing to make a purple color, when the shadow met the sand. It was something that Alex expected to see in a painting.

“It looks a lot better now that the sun is going down,” Alex admitted, shuffling closer to Dash.

Leaning her had on his shoulder, they sat in a comfortable silence and enjoyed the company, and the scenery.

“I feel like my life would have been so much different if you never showed up, Spot.” Dash said, breaking the silence, “Like… where would I be right now?

“I don’t know,” Alex said answered, thinking, “Would you be a Wonderbolt? Or did you only go through with that because I vanished?”

“I think I wouldn’t have pursued it as much if you hadn’t shown up,” She said, “I’d just be… Living my life, day to day, making sure the weather was nice.”

“And that’s a bad thing?” Alex asked, knowing full well that it was.

“Duh!” She giggled, “We’ve done so much! We’ve gone to Manehattan… Twice! Spike is a PONY… We’ve Gone back in time, and saved a baby, then reunited Luna with her grandchild! Something tells me things wouldn’t have happened like that.”

“Well, you can… Thank me for… That…” Alex struggled, closing his eyes as Dash lifted her head, and looked at him, “Are you okay?”

“…No.” He said, opening his eyes, revealing the burning green color, “I’m not.”

“Dax!” She said, recoiling, “W-what are you doing here?”

“Something is… wrong, Rainbow Dash.” He said darkly as she looked at him confused, “I can feel it.”

“What are you talking about?” She asked, surprised to see him being so serious, and not a complete dick.

“Everypony needs to leave Haven Station, right now.” He said, suddenly tensing, and closing his eyes.

“Get out of here!” Alex shouted, taking control back from the pony, “I’m sick of you taking my time away from Dash like this!”

“Just let me finish!” Dax shouted, taking control back momentarily as Dash stood up and backed away for good measure.

“Finish what?” Alex demanded, “Insulting everypony I know? Being a pervert to my girlfriend?”

“I’m trying to help!” Dax insisted.

“We don’t need it, thanks,” Alex said, forcing his eyes open, revealing one to be the normal blue while the other blazed the emerald green.

“Don’t make me do this…” Dax threatened, confusing the other two.

“Do what?” Dash asked.

“Just go away!” Alex shouted.

“Fine…” Dax growled, “You’ve asked for it.”

A black aura surrounded Alex, and he was lifted off the ground.

“What are you doing?!” Alex shouted, as he felt a bolt of energy start running through his body.

“Something I should have done a LONG time ago!” Dax shouted as he and Alex both started screaming in pain.

“W-what’s happening?!” Dash shouted as she watched in disbelief as Alex’s body started to what looked like rip in half. But, there was no gore, or blood… It just produced more coat. The same happened on his face, as a duplicate eye, nose, and mouth appeared in perfect reflection to one another, making two faces. Finally, they were separated, and two ponies landed on the ground next to each other, where there was one previously.

“No way…” Dash said, completely shocked.

Standing up shakily, the first one flashed her a smile, and winked, “Two of us, I know. Please try to contain yourself.”

“W-what did you do?!” Dash asked, looking from the one she assumed to be Dax, to the one still collapsed on the ground.

“Alex sleeps a WHOLE lot,” Dax explained, “And I tend to do some reading while he’s doing that.”

“You take control of Alex while he’s asleep?” Dash asked, still not over the initial shock, “You do that with me around?!”

“Don’t freak out,” Dax reassured, “I’m Alex, and you know it… I don’t need to take control for the… Fun parts. I’m there just as much as he is.”

Dash still didn’t like that one bit.

“Now, back to business,” Dax said, looking serious once again, “There is something really wrong with this pl—“

Dax was cut off by Alex punching him across the face as hard as he could, knocking him out cold.

“Jerk.” He panted.

“I-I don’t know what to say…” Dash said, still utterly shocked.

“Me neither…” Alex breathed hard, “This would be a good time to go to a commercial break.”

////