• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 5,359 Views, 250 Comments

OTR: Haven Station - The King of Hearts



Twilight and her friends are invited to spend a week at a new resort, 'Haven Station.' However, the unknown ponies that invited them, have a much more nefarious intention for the group of friends. Will they be able to escape?

  • ...
9
 250
 5,359

A Visit, and a Tour

////
A Visit, and a Tour
////

Everypony collected in the lobby, after finishing their breakfast. They were anxiously waiting for what was coming next during their stay at the station. However, they were still waiting on Dash and Alex. The two had a tendency to spend ALL their time together, and it could be a tad annoying every now and then. Still, if they were too busy snogging to go on the official tour, that was their fault.

The idle chat between everypony quickly silenced as Alpha walked out from behind the front desk.

“I hope everypony had a good night’s rest,” Alpha said to the ponies assembled in front of him, “I hope you all enjoyed… Are we missing somepony?”

“Alex and Rainbow Dash,” Twilight spoke up, “They’re probably just… Enjoying one another’s company.”

“Right,” He laughed, turning to the courtyard, “We’ll start without them.”

“Oh, before we start,” Twilight said, having him look back at her, “Who’s the owner of this place? I wanted to thank them on behalf of Princess Celestia.”

“The owner?” Alpha asked, getting an odd look on his face, “I honestly have no idea.”

“You don’t know yer’ boss?” Applejack asked.

Alpha shook his head, “A few weeks ago, somepony bought the whole place off the old owner… Nopony’s ever met them.”

“They just bought it?” Rarity asked in surprise, “An establishment like this would have quite the price tag.”

“No kidding,” Alpha agreed, turning to Twilight and winking, “It’s almost ominous, huh?”

“Almost,” Twilight said, walking past him, “Come on, let’s go!”

////

“We should get up,” Dash mumbled, “Everypony left so long ago…”

Alex smiled and pulled her closer to him, with the arms wrapped around her, “Sucks to be them. They’re off doing stuff, and we’re here, still asleep!”

“Can’t argue with that,” She said into his chest, closing her eyes once again.

The peaceful silence between them was fantastic, as they simply relaxed together, with no worries about obligations, or anything otherwise.

Still, to Dash, this was an opportune moment to discuss something with Alex that she had been putting off for some time.

“Alex… About that other guy…” She said, rather unsure of herself.

“What other guy?!” Alex asked, shooting up, “I’ll be nicer! I promise!”

“No, no no,” Dash said, a bit stunned at his sudden sit up, “I’m talking about Dax.”

His expression went from one of humor, to seriousness.

“Look,” She said, not wanting to upset him, “I just think that he needs to be discussed.”

“Look, Colors,” Alex said, avoiding eye contact with her, “Dax is... Not me.”

“That’s not true,” She said, leaning forward, “He might be scary, and totally different from you… But he still IS you.”

Alex suddenly looked like he was concentrating hard on something, and Dash had no idea what it was.

“Are you okay, Alex?” She asked.

Closing his eyes, he exhaled deeply, before finally speaking up. “I’m just fine, sweet cheeks.”

“Crap…” Dash said, completely forgetting that this could happen.

“Trying to talk me up to the big man?” Dax asked, opening his eyes, revealing the glowing green irises, “How sweet of you.”

“I’m trying to have a serious conversation with Alex!” Dash said, a bit disturbed that she was able to have a normal conversation with his alter ego like this, “You’re not helping things.”

“It’s no fair that he gets to spend so much time with you,” Dax pouted, “I like you just as much.”

“Please, Dax?” She asked.

“Just… One second…” He said, leaning in uncomfortably close, and wrapping his arms around her.

Dash was frozen in place. It felt EXACTLY like a hug from Alex… But it wasn’t from him… Well, it WAS from him, but it was from a different part of him.

Suddenly, she felt something wet land on her back and run a small trail from her shoulder to her spine.

“That’s enough hugging!” She shouted, shoving him back on to the bed.

“Crap… he did it again,” He sighed, looking up and revealing his normal, blue eyes.

“Alex…” Dash said, seeing the source of the wet spot on her back, “Was he crying?”

“I don’t know,” Alex said, still collecting himself, “And I don’t care.”

Staying silent, Dash decided to end the line of conversation. It was a sensitive place, and she didn’t want to push him too fast into accepting Dax as a part of him. Really, she couldn’t blame him either. Dax was a jerk. He seemed to be the polar opposite of Alex, and his Element of Harmony: Selflessness.

“Let’s catch up with the group,” Alex said, avoiding eye contact with her, “I don’t want to miss anything…”

The truth was, Alex felt vulnerable. This wasn’t something he ever had to worry about before in his life… It was truly terrible, being in such a weak position, that his body could be hijacked at any given time and used against his will. Sure, he acted normal around everypony after these episodes with Dax, but it was a trying experience, and he often felt like he would break down after he was given control back.

“Sure,” Dash said softly, seeing the internal conflict he was having, “Let’s go.”

////

“-And finally,” Alpha said, gesturing to a large, white building behind him, that was in the center of the station, “Our salon, and conditioning center.”

“Can we go inside?!” Pinkie asked, jumping up and down.

“Not yet,” Alpha said laughed at her energy, “We like your first appointment to be as powerful as possible, so your first time in, will be on your first appointment.”

“When will we be having those again?” Rarity asked, leaning forward, hoping she could go in right away.

“This afternoon will be the first appointment,” Alpha said to her, “It’s only one at a time, however, so pick between you who will go first, and they’ll come back in a few hours.”

Rarity looked back to her friends, and gave them the biggest set of eyes that she possibly could.

“Ah’ think ah’ should go first!” Applejack joked.

“I think Applejack should go first too,” Twilight giggled.

“Me too!” Spike chimed in as Rarity shot him the coldest look she possibly could.

“Uh… I take it back…” Spike returned quickly.

“You can go first, Rarity,” Fluttershy said, “We’ll all get our turn eventually.”

“Not me!” Spike said, “I’ll be just fine the way I am!”

“And of course, that’s your choice,” Alpha said politely, “Somepony else can go twice, in your place.”

Spike knew whom THAT was going to be.

“Well… Now that we’re finished with the tour,” Alpha said, looking across the group, “You’re all free to do as you please.”

“I’m going shop-ing!” Rarity said in a sing-song voice, “You coming, Spike?”

“Of course!” Spike said happily, trotting off with his marefriend.

“What is everypony else going to do?” Twilight asked her remaining friends.

“Ah’m goin’ tuh visit the food court!” Applejack said, “Ah’m famished!”

“Oooh!” Pinkie said, jumping in front of her, “Can I come with?”

“Sure!” Applejack said, “You hungry too?”

“Thanks!” She beamed, “And no, I just need to pee!”

“Thanks for sharing…” Twilight said sighed, “What about you, Fluttershy?”

“Um… I think I’m going to visit the zoo,” She said, looking at the cylindrical building just outside the compound that held the atrium, and the zoo.

“Would you mind if I tagged along?” Twilight asked, “It would be nice to be in a relaxing place for a while.”

“Sure!” Fluttershy smiled, “I’m always happy to have some company!”

“Great,” Twilight smiled, “I’ll see you two at the room!”

“Sure thing!” Pinkie smiled, jumping up and down with her hind legs crossed.

“See y’all in a bit!” Applejack called as she and Pinkie headed off toward the fast-food portion of the mall.

“Have fun!” Twilight called back, as her and Fluttershy went off on their own, eager to relax, and enjoy their vacation.

////